Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
tox wrote:
Re: Kuzma's jump shot ("he has a tendency jump forward with his feet while leaning back with his body") -- isn't that exactly what KD does on his jump shot? I thought a lot of players do this on their jumper.

I didn't articulate that as well as I could. I've heard that called "sweep & sway" and a lot of good shooters use it. It's the severity of how he does it, while not getting a ton of legs into his shot that's the problem. Good catch.

Never really bought into the "sweep and sway", I know a lot of people swear on it, but it looks like the natural shooting motion to me. Sorry, I'm still watching the video and have no idea what the hell you guys are talking about yet. Is Kuzma relying on his arms to generate pretty much all of the energy on his jump shot?
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject:

As always, great job. He definitely has some things he will need to work on. My sense is Hart will wind up being the better of the two prospects.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Great video as usual. After watching footage of Kuzma, along with your video I'm a lot higher on him than when we first drafted him. That being said, his screening is something that absolutely needs to be fixed.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject:

foreveralakerfan wrote:
As always, great job. He definitely has some things he will need to work on. My sense is Hart will wind up being the better of the two prospects.

Hart is actually my least favorite of the three. I get scrappy role player who can hit 3s with Hart. Nothing wrong with that! But Kuz & what little I've seen of Bryant look like they have higher ceilings.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
tox wrote:
Re: Kuzma's jump shot ("he has a tendency jump forward with his feet while leaning back with his body") -- isn't that exactly what KD does on his jump shot? I thought a lot of players do this on their jumper.

I didn't articulate that as well as I could. I've heard that called "sweep & sway" and a lot of good shooters use it. It's the severity of how he does it, while not getting a ton of legs into his shot that's the problem. Good catch.

Never really bought into the "sweep and sway", I know a lot of people swear on it, but it looks like the natural shooting motion to me. Sorry, I'm still watching the video and have no idea what the hell you guys are talking about yet. Is Kuzma relying on his arms to generate pretty much all of the energy on his jump shot?

sweep and sway is really just jumping forward, which causes your legs to "sweep" forward so you get some forward momentum and generate more power than otherwise on your jumpshot. if your body is leaning back (the way GT says Kuzma is doing) that's counterproductive.
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:

Hart is actually my least favorite of the three. I get scrappy role player who can hit 3s with Hart. Nothing wrong with that! But Kuz & what little I've seen of Bryant look like they have higher ceilings.

You could be right, and I reserve the right to re-assess after watching them all play in the summer league!
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
tox wrote:

sweep and sway is really just jumping forward, which causes your legs to "sweep" forward so you get some forward momentum and generate more power than otherwise on your jumpshot. if your body is leaning back (the way GT says Kuzma is doing) that's counterproductive.

I like how Drew Hanlen teaches it --- just incorporating the hips and driving them forward - better for balance to think of it that way, than kicking your feet out forward. Don't think you should ever try to lean your shoulders back - Durant gives off that appearance because he has a lot of cockback on his shot. Here you see this popular instagram trainer guy talk about about it in regards to Lebron https://www.instagram.com/p/BVpX4qqDwBx/?taken-by=seemikedunn
He's big on the 90degree armpit.. (not to be confused with the fallacious 90degree elbow)
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
The Logo wrote:
Great video as usual. After watching footage of Kuzma, along with your video I'm a lot higher on him than when we first drafted him. That being said, his screening is something that absolutely needs to be fixed.

I can see how Kuzma could crush a workout. Fluid and coordinated for his size, a workable jumper, solid athlete, good passer in a 3-on-3 setting, etc.

He isn't a good basketball player yet but there's something to work with. I can see why the Spurs, with all of their Player Development expertise, were interested in him.

Do you think that he makes someone like Julius more expendable, given his contract situation?
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject:

foreveralakerfan wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
So he's basically a bigger version of Fisher with better finishing ability.

On offense, perhaps. Sounds like a cut above that on defense.

I don't see Hart as being anything close to Fisher. Fisher didn't play a whole lot of D the way Hart does. Fisher lacked any kind of quickness for a guard his size. And Fisher was a fine spot up shooter, likely better than Hart will ever be. Fisher was a better passer and did not suffer from tunnel vision as I remember either. Only thing they have in common is both are 2 guards

Fisher was a point guard.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject:

foreveralakerfan wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

I don't see Hart as being anything close to Fisher. Fisher didn't play a whole lot of D the way Hart does. Fisher lacked any kind of quickness for a guard his size. And Fisher was a fine spot up shooter, likely better than Hart will ever be. Fisher was a better passer and did not suffer from tunnel vision as I remember either. Only thing they have in common is both are 2 guards

I'd argue that Hart is a better passer/playmaker than Fisher ever was.

The scouting reports of these guys once they hit the NBA are completely different outside of the intangibles. There's nothing Fisher was better at coming into the NBA than Hart.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject:

I know its technically "champing at the bit" instead of "chomping" but the streets dont recognize it and neither do I, we need a revision asapuly for cultural purposes and things of that nature

Also, that moving news thingy at the top of the site is fye

That concludes my thoughts on the most recent post

So I bid you all good day, pip pip, and tally-ho
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject:

Yo man Anph is a national online treasure lmao
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Yo man Anph is a national online treasure lmao

Been tryna share this man with the world for a minute now. They'll get it eventually.

Gotta get that last vid to people! It's a hit! It's legit talent, the content is great
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
A little more than a month ago Mike was saying on my podcast that #28 was too high for this guy. Nice job, LG scouts.

Quote:
Mike Schmitz‏Verified account @Mike_Schmitz 5m5 minutes ago
More
Amazing how far Jonah Bolden has come since UCLA days - averaged 8.6 PTS per 40 as a Bruin. Game has really slowed down for him. Improved J.

this means i own draftexpress.com now right?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject:

Getting amped for SPL. Hoping to see Lonzo orchestrate the offense and Ingram and Zub impose themselves. Really excited to see how Hart/Kuzma look too, and if Dozier gets some run, want to see that defense he's advertised as having.
Sharoon Francis
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject:

So can we safely say whether Kyle Kuzma's ceiling is comparable to Ben Simmons' floor? ...Kyle the better shooter maybe while Ben the better passer definitely?
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Gonna have Tania Ganguli on the show soon to further discuss her piece on the Buss family dynamics. LMK if you have any specific questions. Can't guarantee that I'll use them, but they help shape the interview on my end.

How, if at all, Jesse's and Joey's roles have evolved/changed since Jim's departure.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Fisher was a point guard.

Maybe in some dream he was a point guard. Fisher was a spot up shooter. Kobe handled the ball over 50% of the time on offense, so may be you can explain why that wouldn't qualify him as a PG. Fisher was a really good SG fit for Kobe though.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Gonna have Tania Ganguli on the show soon to further discuss her piece on the Buss family dynamics. LMK if you have any specific questions. Can't guarantee that I'll use them, but they help shape the interview on my end.

Not quite Buss related, but does she know what's going on with Ryan West's future in the org? Still with the Lakers with the new regime, going somewhere else?
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Not quite Buss related, but does she know what's going on with Ryan West's future in the org? Still with the Lakers with the new regime, going somewhere else?

I think an equally important question is what is Ryan's role now? He was persona non grata at the press conferences where the draft picks were introduced and wasn't present in the room when they drafted Ball.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject:

I'm curious about the Magic / Pelinka dynamic as I'm sure we all are. Who between the two is more responsible for setting the direction of basketball operations?
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Are they thinking about hiring an assistant GM? Any word on a new department head of analytics?
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject:

Great stuff GT. I'm really surprised by KCP's ability to effectively run the PNR both as a scorer and passer. That's going to help Lonzo a lot. I've heard about his questionable shot selection, but I'm surprised to learn that he isn't a great finisher given his speed and athleticism.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject:

^ Nice GT! Thank you for that. Great stuff.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 23 of 93
Jump to: