We are now a legit team.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
I think Lonzo will inflate everyone's stats.
I see Lopez as a 22-24 ppg scorer for us and I think Randle, KCP and possibly Ingram will all average over 15 ppg.
Then there's also Clarkson, Nance, Zubac, Brewer, Deng...

That is legit. That team can contend for a playoff spot and possiblu win 38-42 games IMO.
lonzo can't inflate the defensive end of it. even if he was a lockdown pg. it wouldnt make all the other guys defensive stats jump up. now if he was a paint defensive anchor like a prime KG. then yes he could actually make the other guys defensive stats go up. and this is coming from a zo fan. i'm just being realistic. and i think zo has solid Team defense and suspect one v one defense(like pretty much every pg in the nba.)
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
People are understating the impact that Brook will have this season. Maybe it's because of the false hope people had on Mozgov (who I was never a fan of) but Lopez is going to give us 20/6/2/2 which is nothing to dismiss.

I think we'll be running a lot more post-ups this season (we already are in the summer league) given Lonzo's inexperience in the PnR, plus Brook's efficiency there.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
watchME wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Losing DLo, Lou, and Swaggy is a helluva lot of scoring and outside shooting to make for.
I never understood this notion. My logical side tells me that even though they did score alot it was inneficently so we really dont lose much. The spacing ... ummm they were 3pt chuckers we now have spotters

It's a fair point though. They had gravity in the sense that you couldn't leave them out on the perimeter. We have Lonzo who is shooting something like 15% from 3s so far in SPL. KCP is a good addition though he's not a 40% 3 point shooter. Brook will also add a new dimension.

Small sample size much?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
watchME wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Losing DLo, Lou, and Swaggy is a helluva lot of scoring and outside shooting to make for.
I never understood this notion. My logical side tells me that even though they did score alot it was inneficently so we really dont lose much. The spacing ... ummm they were 3pt chuckers we now have spotters

It's a fair point though. They had gravity in the sense that you couldn't leave them out on the perimeter. We have Lonzo who is shooting something like 15% from 3s so far in SPL. KCP is a good addition though he's not a 40% 3 point shooter. Brook will also add a new dimension.

Small sample size much?

A small sample size does not a shooter make.

Doesnt matter if its a small sample size. Point is we don't have an outside threat.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
I think Lonzo will inflate everyone's stats.
I see Lopez as a 22-24 ppg scorer for us and I think Randle, KCP and possibly Ingram will all average over 15 ppg.
Then there's also Clarkson, Nance, Zubac, Brewer, Deng...

That is legit. That team can contend for a playoff spot and possiblu win 38-42 games IMO.
lonzo can't inflate the defensive end of it. even if he was a lockdown pg. it wouldnt make all the other guys defensive stats jump up. now if he was a paint defensive anchor like a prime KG. then yes he could actually make the other guys defensive stats go up. and this is coming from a zo fan. i'm just being realistic. and i think zo has solid Team defense and suspect one v one defense(like pretty much every pg in the nba.)

I anticipate our defense being munch improved this season.

Lonzo's D is underrated. He is much faster than DLO and he is super long plus that IQ. Definate upgrade on D at the PG spot.

Pope- can d it up. Hart- loves to play D, Brewer- excellent defender, Nance- heady athletic defender, a stronger Ingram- a terror on the defensive end, Kuzma- legit 2 way player, Lopez blocks a lot of shots even if he dose not rebound worth a damn.

Not sure how much big Mamba will play, but that guy should be a good rim protector with those arms.

So we went from a team with practically no good defenders outside of Nance and a rookie Ingram, to one filled with good defenders outside of Randle and Clarkson.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Its interesting how people will take the numbers of one team and compare them to the numbers of an entirely new team and make the claim that things will translate exactly as the numbers say they will.

I think we are almost certain to be much better defensively and while the offensive numbers don't look great in comparison to last season's best (Lou and Nick), it still has a chance to be better overall.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Another thing to consider is contract year motivation

Randle
Brook
KCP

3 starters will be playing their asses off to get paid.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject:

We have legit potential, but we're not a legit team yet. Defense will be the key, especially since they keep talking about being a fast break team. If we can finish between 15th and 20th in defensive efficiency then we may surprise some people.
Thug24Life8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Define "legit."

I think we have a good chance, with KCP, to be a 32 win team, maybe a bit more. Of course so much depends on how Lonzo/Ingram/Jules improve this year.

But KCP makes me feel so much better.

I don't know much about KCP outside of the fact that I like saying his initials lol, is he really that good? Or rather, will he noticeably improve our team? I know he's young so that's good but I'd like to hear more about his game and how he fits.
"Kobe is a scientific dawg," O'Neal wrote. "He works out every day, practices every day. Most of the other stars are just dawgs, not scientific dawgs. Kobe will always have the edge because of his range and killer instinct."
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject:

We are far from a legit team.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject:

We're probably going to be the worst shooting team in the league this season since KCP is probably our best shooter and we have guys who have either never defended in the NBA or need to show a lot of growth on that end.
singlecamVTEC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Until this team actually gets through a season with a decent record, then they're FAR from a legit team.

There's still lots of development to do, players to feel out, etc.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Thug24Life8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Define "legit."

I think we have a good chance, with KCP, to be a 32 win team, maybe a bit more. Of course so much depends on how Lonzo/Ingram/Jules improve this year.

But KCP makes me feel so much better.

I don't know much about KCP outside of the fact that I like saying his initials lol, is he really that good? Or rather, will he noticeably improve our team? I know he's young so that's good but I'd like to hear more about his game and how he fits.

GT posted a good vid about his offense:

He's supposed to be a tough defender too:

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Totally different team & direction.......... Thank Goodness!!
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject:

We're definitely a more well rounded team if everyone stays healthy and the young guys continue to improve.

However we're still bottom of the barrel in the west. Not better than Golden State, San Antonio, Houston, Denver, Portland, Memphis, New Orleans, Minnesota, or the Clippers. I have Dallas ahead of us as well and possibly Utah. The only teams I see finishing ahead of are Phoenix and Sacramento, possibly Utah. Otherwise we're still fighting to move out of the bottom 3. Hope this team proves me wrong, but the West is way too stacked.

Last edited by Shaolin's Finest on Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject:

On the right tracks. Youre only legit when your record says you are.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject:

I like how we now have assets. When you're rebuilding and you're on your way up, it is really important to have young players who are assets. Now Magic and Rob will have options and maybe even some leverage next summer when they will hopefully attract Paul George.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
We're definitely a more well rounded team if everyone stays healthy and the young guys continue to improve.

However we're still bottom of the barrel in the west. Not better than Golden State, San Antonio, Houston, Denver, Portland, Memphis, New Orleans, Minnesota, or the Clippers. I have Dallas ahead of us as well and possibly Utah. The only teams I see finishing ahead of are Phoenix and Sacramento, possibly Utah. Otherwise we're still fighting to move out of the bottom 3. Hope this team proves me wrong, but the West is way too stacked.

If Utah finishes ahead of us our biggest mistake might be letting Quin Snyder get away.

There's no one I see in this lineup who can create their own scoring opportunities other than Joe Johnson. It's funny saying that only being one year Post-Mamba.

Jazz

If the Jazz don't finish at the bottom of the league in 3pt shooting we need to hire whomever they have as shooting coach.
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Also like yin said what's legit?

Feels like the "we're all winners" kind of thing tbh.

Its when you don't quit. i.e. 2 legit 2 quit.
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
We are not, but KCP is a good signing.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject:

diamondcutter wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
danzag wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Yes, a legit 36 win team. Up from the 32 I was expecting before. Rejoice Laker fans, we might only lose 45 games this season.

After the last 4 miserable seasons, I'd be more than happy to win 35+ games

Happy for a 5th miserable season. Got it.

Progress is not misery. I guess it is for some who see the negative in everything.

The progress has been going on since Kobe hurt his Achilles. Tear it down then build it up. That is how West did it in the 90's.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Tanlentueux wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
We are not, but KCP is a good signing.

Very good signing.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure the OP meant legit team as far as having acquired decent players (for a change). However we're definitely still bottom-feeders in the Wild, Wild West.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
if Ingram was ready to be a 20 point scorer this year, yes. But I think Ingram needs another year before he's ready, and Lonzo DEFINITELY is gonna need another one.

So no we're not legit in 2017, or 2018 for that matter.

But keep this core together and let them grow and we may be legit in 2020 and that's a pretty important free agency in and of itself.

If that's the plan, D'Lo might still be here. That's what half of us was preaching for, patience. But they're going for legitimacy in the summer of 18. Don't get attached to anybody. All is expendable in the pursuit of a dream team in 18.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KBH wrote:
It depends on what you mean by legit. I think we'll likely be better than last year.

Definitely more watchable. They will compete on a nightly basis.

That's what we said last year when Luke was hired ....
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7
Jump to: