The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
LeBron just posted this on his Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWeUr6dB2pG/?taken-by=kingjames&hl=en

LeBron to Lakers thank you Lonzo!

Going to be interesting who LeBron roots for tomorrow between Lakers vs Cavs.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Love how the commentators said that Lebron said he was there to see Ball and how he thought he was a great passer.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Very interesting he was at the game tonight. Where there's smoke...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JohnWick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWeZY8_gnW5/
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Not a coincidence that lebron "I like to send cryptic, calculated messages" James showed up to a lakers summer league game on the day it was reported that Houston is close to landing melo.

The Gilbert/Lebron beef might reach epic levels this season.
Horizon808...
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Not a coincidence that lebron "I like to send cryptic, calculated messages" James showed up to a lakers summer league game on the day it was reported that Houston is close to landing melo.

Worrd..

Wearing "the color purple" toooo..

Juuust sayin..haha
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject:

Quote:
"He can really pass it," James told ESPN's Jeff Goodman before leaving the game with six minutes remaining.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject:

Perfect game for Ball to show his stuff. LeBron being legacy conscious is for sure salivating at the opportunity to cede ball handling duties to someone else so he can just choose his spots.
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:00 am    Post subject:

You wouldn't want LBJ to come to the lakers because:

(1). He is on the wrong side of his 30s and with the way he approaches the game (physical advantage/ brute force), he is not going to sustain his level of output for long. What is a LBJ without physicality?

(2). If LBJ ain't winning it in Cleveland, he sure ain't winning it with the Lakers because lets face it, the Lakers team need time to develop and mature, and LBJ ain't have time on that.

So to sum it up, LBJ is not a fool, he knows better if he wants to win, he need to go to a team with veteran players and a fully developed system, and team up with at least two other superstars. Under such circumstance if he still wants to sign with the Lakers, there is one and only one reason: He stops caring about winning and all he want is money. Just give me a reason why would I want to sign a player who is expensive, not locked in on winning and on his mid 30s?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject:

statyin wrote:
You wouldn't want LBJ to come to the lakers because:

(1). He is on the wrong side of his 30s and with the way he approaches the game (physical advantage/ brute force), he is not going to sustain his level of output for long. What is a LBJ without physicality?

(2). If LBJ ain't winning it in Cleveland, he sure ain't winning it with the Lakers because lets face it, the Lakers team need time to develop and mature, and LBJ ain't have time on that.

So to sum it up, LBJ is not a fool, he knows better if he wants to win, he need to go to a team with veteran players and a fully developed system, and team up with at least two other superstars. Under such circumstance if he still wants to sign with the Lakers, there is one and only one reason: He stops caring about winning and all he want is money. Just give me a reason why would I want to sign a player who is expensive, not locked in on winning and on his mid 30s?

Completely agree. Please lakers stay away from lebron
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject:

^^
Yep, why would a Lakers team coming off its 4 worst seasons in a row in franchise history have interest in a top 5 player of all time? That would be absolutely ludicrous. Ludicrous, I tell you!

Look, I get it if some people don't like him personally. But he's not going to sign a 4-year deal, folks. Even on a slight decline, this guy is going to be great. You can make the case that he's still the best player in the league. Kobe was still awesome at 34, right up until the very moment that he blew out his Achilles. LeBron is more of a physical beast than Kobe was and has more of an advantage because of his size. To put it another way, LeBron doesn't have to work as hard at scoring his points than Kobe did around the same age; at that point, Kobe had become a contested shooting mid-range maestro, which isn't easy to do. Barring a serious injury, there's no reason that LeBron wouldn't be awesome for 2-3 more seasons.

I do not understand how Laker fans could think that getting such a historically great player who is still dominating would be a bad thing for the on-court product, all personal feelings aside. I suppose you could try to craft an argument that it would be a bad thing if he were to demand that we trade off Ingram and/or Lonzo, but that's not what was just suggested above. What was suggested above was that signing LeBron wasn't worth it because he simply won't be that good in a year. And that's a bunch of hogwash, if you ask me. Oh, and of course LeBron would be expensive. You know who else is expensive? Kyle Lowry. DeMar DeRozan. Mike Conley. Marc Gasol. Al Horford. Blake Griffin. DeAndre Jordan. Gordon Hayward. I mean, those are nice players, but they are nowhere near LeBron's caliber, even a LeBron at 33-34. I will say it again: this man is a legendary player.

It's also worth pointing out that getting LeBron would instantaneously restore all of the Lakers' cache. I think we're making good strides towards getting that back; having LeBron automatically would restore us to contender status, it would greatly enhance the brand, and it would actually increase the value of the franchise, too. With that back, even if LeBron walked in 2-3 years, we'd still presumably have the second max free agent that signed, plus our young dudes, so we wouldn't be left in a position where we'd have to tear it all down and rebuild. (And if the 2nd max free agent also left, then we'd have cap space to rebuild around the young guys.)

Last edited by ChickenStu on Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:36 am    Post subject:

^ It's cachet, fam. With the t
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
^ It's cachet, fam. With the t

Wow...I've been spelling that word incorrectly my whole life, then! Haha.

Definition of cache
a :  a hiding place especially for concealing and preserving provisions or implements
b :  a secure place of storage discovered a cache of weapons
:  something hidden or stored in a cache The cache consisted of documents and private letters.
:  a computer memory with very short access time used for storage of frequently or recently used instructions or data —called also cache memory
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject:

Well the t in cachet is silent, and the e in cache is silent. So let's blame English being weird for that mixup
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:43 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Is it really anything more than just Lebron working out with friend/fellow client, Ben Simmons and Dejounte Murray? lol
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Well the t in cachet is silent, and the e in cache is silent. So let's blame English being weird for that mixup

No excuses, but thanks lol. I should have known better. I consider myself something of a spelling Nazi and I usually try to go back and edit any misspelled words in my posts that I notice. It's just interesting that I always thought it was "cache." So I thank you for correcting a life-long error haha.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject:

JohnWick wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWeZY8_gnW5/

Let's have fun and see what Lebron's L stood for at the Lakers game.

Lonzo - Most likely
Los Angeles Lakers - Probably not but fingers crossed
L - Loss to GSW
Leaving Cleveland - 100 Percent
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:02 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Is it really anything more than just Lebron working out with friend/fellow client, Ben Simmons and Dejounte Murray? lol

No.

LeBron isn't going to be swayed to leave his easy road to the Finals every year in the East because of a Summer League game
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
tox wrote:

No excuses, but thanks lol. I should have known better. I consider myself something of a spelling Nazi and I usually try to go back and edit any misspelled words in my posts that I notice. It's just interesting that I always thought it was "cache." So I thank you for correcting a life-long error haha.

LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:21 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^^
Yep, why would a Lakers team coming off its 4 worst seasons in a row in franchise history have interest in a top 5 player of all time? That would be absolutely ludicrous. Ludicrous, I tell you!

Look, I get it if some people don't like him personally. But he's not going to sign a 4-year deal, folks. Even on a slight decline, this guy is going to be great. You can make the case that he's still the best player in the league. Kobe was still awesome at 34, right up until the very moment that he blew out his Achilles. LeBron is more of a physical beast than Kobe was and has more of an advantage because of his size. To put it another way, LeBron doesn't have to work as hard at scoring his points than Kobe did around the same age; at that point, Kobe had become a contested shooting mid-range maestro, which isn't easy to do. Barring a serious injury, there's no reason that LeBron wouldn't be awesome for 2-3 more seasons.

I do not understand how Laker fans could think that getting such a historically great player who is still dominating would be a bad thing for the on-court product, all personal feelings aside. I suppose you could try to craft an argument that it would be a bad thing if he were to demand that we trade off Ingram and/or Lonzo, but that's not what was just suggested above. What was suggested above was that signing LeBron wasn't worth it because he simply won't be that good in a year. And that's a bunch of hogwash, if you ask me. Oh, and of course LeBron would be expensive. You know who else is expensive? Kyle Lowry. DeMar DeRozan. Mike Conley. Marc Gasol. Al Horford. Blake Griffin. DeAndre Jordan. Gordon Hayward. I mean, those are nice players, but they are nowhere near LeBron's caliber, even a LeBron at 33-34. I will say it again: this man is a legendary player.

It's also worth pointing out that getting LeBron would instantaneously restore all of the Lakers' cache. I think we're making good strides towards getting that back; having LeBron automatically would restore us to contender status, it would greatly enhance the brand, and it would actually increase the value of the franchise, too. With that back, even if LeBron walked in 2-3 years, we'd still presumably have the second max free agent that signed, plus our young dudes, so we wouldn't be left in a position where we'd have to tear it all down and rebuild. (And if the 2nd max free agent also left, then we'd have cap space to rebuild around the young guys.)

Great post! I have loathed LeBron as I did with Karl Malone and Gary Payton. However, the Laker brand comes first and foremost and I would reluctantly embrace LBJ into L.A. but once the Lakers win again...it would be like I loved him all my life unless he did something stupid and proclaimed he was the greatest Laker ever or some dumb (blank) like that.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject:

Lol Lebron ain't coming here. He has insisted on stacking the deck in his favor by wanting two other bonafide all-stars next to him for years. Now that Golden State has proven too much for that formula, the guy will probably want three other all-stars on his team minimum. And I doubt, after all those years living the easy life in the East, he wants to leave that conference, which is weaker than ever.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

It's always more with Lebron

I'm not saying he is coming to the lakers, still not sold on that. Just saying everything Lebron does is by design and is generally to send a message.
sinr1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject:

I think the Nike rep was pitching Lebron on his marketing potential if he plays in Los Angeles. They had a pretty long conversation during the game and were both covering their mouth while talking. Then Lebron post the Just do It pic.... Yeah
"Now the Lakers needed one statement basket, a screw-you shot that would stick a dagger in the Cavs. And you just knew it had to come from Kobe Bryant."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject:

LAbron to La is a done deal in my not so humble opinion. Hes thinking about his post career and wants to be where his businesses are. He will hand select one other superstar and by the time lonzogram, aka BALLING come to age, and the Warriors fall off he may win a couple more chips.

People keep bringing up his "easy trip" to the finals every year. LAbron does not want anymore finals losses. They are tarnishing his legend. He would much rather win or lose in the West, where the winner is the likely champ.

I also dont buy, PG13 is Maginca's main target. LAbron is the target, and they will allow LAbron to choose the other superstar. I wouldnt be surprised to see LAbron doing interview with Pg, Westbrook, Cousins, etc. For that second slot.

Another thing, LAbron went dark with Cleveland and Miami before he bolted, not unlike what hes doing now.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^^

Well said. I'm completely on board with Lebron signing with us next summer.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 19 of 2079
Jump to: