Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject:

Fultz is the new Sam Bowie.
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject:

foreveralakerfan wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
So he's basically a bigger version of Fisher with better finishing ability.

Fisher was a PG right?

Or are you talking about his dating antics?

Fisher was NEVER a point guard. Kobe played the point all the years after Shaq left, Smush Parker or no Smush Parker, LOL! Fisher was a SG, that's it.
Sure he played point guard for years?
DoubleClutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
New Podcast

https://www.almightyballer.com/laker-film-room-ep-31-lonzos-transcendence-kcp-to-the-lakers/

Nice Pod.

That part about the sixers whiffing on pairing Zo with Simmons made me instantly think of what LeBron would look like next to Zo. LeBron has always been the best passer on his team and Zo would probably be one of only a handful of guys in the league that could change that. A team with BronZo would be epically fun to watch, especially if it included PG and Ingram.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
Thanks GT!

Nice to see he is a good passer out of the pick and roll.

As far as his weaknesses, hopefully KCP will improve on shot selection and decision making with Luke coaching him and Lonzo passing to him.

Back to KCP for a moment - one of his weaknesses was his success in attacking closeouts. Doesn't seem to have much of a floater. Well, Lonzo also has this weakness right now. It seems like Luke will need to gameplan assuming that teams will always be running at the shooters. They'll need to have other options besides penetrate or shooting a floater.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject:

He's... The One. Didn't know where GT was going with that Morpheus analogy but it works!

EDIT: 16:00 I think Soriano really hits the nail on the head about his dominance in transition. He's almost playing the game in a way that's never been played before, like it's football.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the podcast, GT. You sound exhausted, relieved, and excited all at once in your opening soliloquy there.

Are you planning on a post-SL film retrospective of the top guys like last season (probably just Ball and Kuzma)? I'd be interested in seeing your breakdown of Ball's PnR play overall.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Thanks for the podcast, GT. You sound exhausted, relieved, and excited all at once in your opening soliloquy there.

Are you planning on a post-SL film retrospective of the top guys like last season (probably just Ball and Kuzma)? I'd be interested in seeing your breakdown of Ball's PnR play overall.

Thank you, and yeah, there will be recaps of Ball (probably in multiple videos), Kuzma, Hart, Bryant, and even Ingram's 1 game.

Gracias, looking forward to it.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:

First time listening to you guys in the car on the way home today and I was pleasantly surprised. Good points, well articulated, delivered well and you let each other talk which is refreshing.

There's a nice back and forth between the two of you that makes it feel kind of like a thinking fans two man chat show and despite the elation everybody has over Lonzo you don't really come off as homer-ish. Exuberant and happy yes; but you remain impartial I feel. It kinda comes across like two fans who know what they're talking about shooting the (bleep) after a couple of beers (or whiskeys since the adjectives get a little poetic at times but I'll chalk that up to actually seeing a decent PG in the purple and gold)

I'm sure you guys have done already, I don't know but I haven't checked, but Harrison Faigen over at SS&R was pretty decent but lacked a certain something in his Locked on Lakers 'cast. Could be a good guest.

Haven't really listened to a podcast since The Basketball Jones became The Starters but there is definitely something here that I want to listen to more and I'll certainly be tuning in again.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Appreciate the kind words. Harrison is a good friend and I've been on Locked On Lakers, although he hasn't been on mine. We'll have Tania Ganguli (LA Times) on soon, and Mike Trudell is finding out if his Lakers & ESPN contracts allow him to go on non-affiliated podcasts.

You're welcome and those do sound like some interesting guests. I think there is definitely something good here and with a little fan involvement through a mailbag perhaps and a steady, consistent release schedule with how much there will be to talk about with the Lakers this season by the time 2018 FA comes this could be a very popular 'cast.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
It's been pretty cool getting in touch with a lot of the people who cover the team over the last year. A few of them have told me that my stuff is a resource that helps them with their jobs, and throughout the year they would occasionally hit me up for clarification/opinions about basketball technicalities. So now when I want them to come on my show there's already a relationship there and they're very much willing to do so.

That's brilliant to hear and must be pretty gratifying for you. I just checked out some of your video breakdowns and you can definitely see the coaching background coming through there but it's also accessible and easy to understand to pretty much anybody. Anyways enough praise for one day, I'll definitely be checking out the content this coming season.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
El Seano wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Appreciate the kind words. Harrison is a good friend and I've been on Locked On Lakers, although he hasn't been on mine. We'll have Tania Ganguli (LA Times) on soon, and Mike Trudell is finding out if his Lakers & ESPN contracts allow him to go on non-affiliated podcasts.

You're welcome and those do sound like some interesting guests. I think there is definitely something good here and with a little fan involvement through a mailbag perhaps and a steady, consistent release schedule with how much there will be to talk about with the Lakers this season by the time 2018 FA comes this could be a very popular 'cast.

Yeah, we do mailbag stuff once every few episodes. It's grown pretty steadily to where we're right on the verge of some solid sponsorships. Working on that this coming week in fact, since the Summer League craziness will have died down.

So proud of you GT! Keep putting in the work man!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DoubleClutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
El Seano wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Yeah, we do mailbag stuff once every few episodes. It's grown pretty steadily to where we're right on the verge of some solid sponsorships. Working on that this coming week in fact, since the Summer League craziness will have died down.

So proud of you GT! Keep putting in the work man!!

Yeah kudos man. I'd love to hear Trudell on with you guys. He seems like a good dude with great access to the players.
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject:

GT... It's unbelievable how Lonzo jumps off the screen. You're "wowed". Can't remember the last rookie that made me react this way. Literally Lebron I think. He's the last one before Lonzo.
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Another great podcast, GT. I'm a fan for sure. Stoked for you as well.

LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Man his passes are so accurate. So many scoring opportunities created. Makes it look easy.
ricardoJPC
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Every pass is right on the money. Never seen a guy pass like that.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject:

A couple things:

1. When our guys rim run or leak out, they suck more than one defender to them. This often opens up advance passes to open teammates (or they draw a defender and make a feed to an open teammate on the secondary break). Those first few seconds of a possession can be killer and Lonzo knows it. He might get more done in those first few seconds than anyone in the league right now.

2. Jesus, Zubac. Finish!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
A couple things:

1. When our guys rim run or leak out, they suck more than one defender to them. This often opens up advance passes to open teammates (or they draw a defender and make a feed to an open teammate on the secondary break). Those first few seconds of a possession can be killer and Lonzo knows it. He might get more done in those first few seconds than anyone in the league right now.

2. Jesus, Zubac. Finish!

So much this. A decently athletic big that can catch the ball should convert at greater than DJ type %'s with the looks Ball gives Zubac. It's just so....bad.
WestwoodWizard
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
A couple things:

2. Jesus, Zubac. Finish!

So much this. A decently athletic big that can catch the ball should convert at greater than DJ type %'s with the looks Ball gives Zubac. It's just so....bad.

Just watched the video and this is what stuck out to me as well. Zubac fumbled some passes and blew quite a few easy looks. Seems it may take some time for him to acclimate to Lonzo's pace.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
A couple things:

2. Jesus, Zubac. Finish!

Also they have more time to go through more reads even if the initial semitransition attack doesn't pan out. Last few years they'd walk it up and start the offense with 14 seconds on the clock. They have maybe one or two reads and a shot against the clock. With Zo pushing it in semitransition, they start the offense around 20 seconds and still have time to go through 2nd, 3rd even 4th options if they dont get the matchup they want initially or an open look. You also have a compromised defense with crossmatches even if you dont get the initial shot off in transition. Much easier to score after you soften up the defense this way. You need a good PG who can read defenses like a good QB to run this style of offense like Nash did in Phoenix.
RJ_LA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Give Lonzo free reign to run the team. If we can become a top 15 defensive team we'll be in the playoffs.

Everyone seems very committed to excellence, and it's going to translate next year. Maybe on paper we're not top 8 in the west, but the Lonzo effect is real.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:02 am    Post subject:

RJ_LA wrote:
Give Lonzo free reign to run the team. If we can become a top 15 defensive team we'll be in the playoffs.

Everyone seems very committed to excellence, and it's going to translate next year. Maybe on paper we're not top 8 in the west, but the Lonzo effect is real.

We're going to need an actual defensive system then. Not just telling the guys to play hard. What would also help is rewarding the player that got the stop

This is what Magic would always do. Every time after a stop the ball goes to magic, and he passes it right back to the player that did the dirty work.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject:

RJ_LA wrote:

They'll become a top ten offensive team before they become a top 15 defensive team. With Lonzo on the team, I think the former is highly likely, and I think that will be enough to give the Lakers a shot at making the playoffs.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the video GT, those passes are amazing
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject:

Thanks GT. "Transcendent" appears to be an apt description for Ball. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Lonzo can do with the rest of the Laker squad.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 25 of 93
Jump to: