Lakerfilmroom.com (Pg. 28: Podcast - Do the Lakers Really Have a Shot at LeBron? feat. Tania Ganguli)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoubleClutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
New Podcast

https://www.almightyballer.com/laker-film-room-ep-31-lonzos-transcendence-kcp-to-the-lakers/

Nice Pod.

That part about the sixers whiffing on pairing Zo with Simmons made me instantly think of what LeBron would look like next to Zo. LeBron has always been the best passer on his team and Zo would probably be one of only a handful of guys in the league that could change that. A team with BronZo would be epically fun to watch, especially if it included PG and Ingram.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
Thanks GT!

Nice to see he is a good passer out of the pick and roll.

As far as his weaknesses, hopefully KCP will improve on shot selection and decision making with Luke coaching him and Lonzo passing to him.

Back to KCP for a moment - one of his weaknesses was his success in attacking closeouts. Doesn't seem to have much of a floater. Well, Lonzo also has this weakness right now. It seems like Luke will need to gameplan assuming that teams will always be running at the shooters. They'll need to have other options besides penetrate or shooting a floater.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject:

He's... The One. Didn't know where GT was going with that Morpheus analogy but it works!

EDIT: 16:00 I think Soriano really hits the nail on the head about his dominance in transition. He's almost playing the game in a way that's never been played before, like it's football.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
He's... The One. Didn't know where GT was going with that Morpheus analogy but it works!

EDIT: 16:00 I think Soriano really hits the nail on the head about his dominance in transition. He's almost playing the game in a way that's never been played before, like it's football.

And yeah, I loved what Darius said there.
Baron Von Humongous
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the podcast, GT. You sound exhausted, relieved, and excited all at once in your opening soliloquy there.

Are you planning on a post-SL film retrospective of the top guys like last season (probably just Ball and Kuzma)? I'd be interested in seeing your breakdown of Ball's PnR play overall.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Thanks for the podcast, GT. You sound exhausted, relieved, and excited all at once in your opening soliloquy there.

Are you planning on a post-SL film retrospective of the top guys like last season (probably just Ball and Kuzma)? I'd be interested in seeing your breakdown of Ball's PnR play overall.

Thank you, and yeah, there will be recaps of Ball (probably in multiple videos), Kuzma, Hart, Bryant, and even Ingram's 1 game.
Baron Von Humongous
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:

Thank you, and yeah, there will be recaps of Ball (probably in multiple videos), Kuzma, Hart, Bryant, and even Ingram's 1 game.

Gracias, looking forward to it.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:

First time listening to you guys in the car on the way home today and I was pleasantly surprised. Good points, well articulated, delivered well and you let each other talk which is refreshing.

There's a nice back and forth between the two of you that makes it feel kind of like a thinking fans two man chat show and despite the elation everybody has over Lonzo you don't really come off as homer-ish. Exuberant and happy yes; but you remain impartial I feel. It kinda comes across like two fans who know what they're talking about shooting the (bleep) after a couple of beers (or whiskeys since the adjectives get a little poetic at times but I'll chalk that up to actually seeing a decent PG in the purple and gold)

I'm sure you guys have done already, I don't know but I haven't checked, but Harrison Faigen over at SS&R was pretty decent but lacked a certain something in his Locked on Lakers 'cast. Could be a good guest.

Haven't really listened to a podcast since The Basketball Jones became The Starters but there is definitely something here that I want to listen to more and I'll certainly be tuning in again.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
First time listening to you guys in the car on the way home today and I was pleasantly surprised. Good points, well articulated, delivered well and you let each other talk which is refreshing.

There's a nice back and forth between the two of you that makes it feel kind of like a thinking fans two man chat show and despite the elation everybody has over Lonzo you don't really come off as homer-ish. Exuberant and happy yes; but you remain impartial I feel. It kinda comes across like two fans who know what they're talking about shooting the (bleep) after a couple of beers (or whiskeys since the adjectives get a little poetic at times but I'll chalk that up to actually seeing a decent PG in the purple and gold)

I'm sure you guys have done already, I don't know but I haven't checked, but Harrison Faigen over at SS&R was pretty decent but lacked a certain something in his Locked on Lakers 'cast. Could be a good guest.

Haven't really listened to a podcast since The Basketball Jones became The Starters but there is definitely something here that I want to listen to more and I'll certainly be tuning in again.

Appreciate the kind words. Harrison is a good friend and I've been on Locked On Lakers, although he hasn't been on mine. We'll have Tania Ganguli (LA Times) on soon, and Mike Trudell is finding out if his Lakers & ESPN contracts allow him to go on non-affiliated podcasts.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Appreciate the kind words. Harrison is a good friend and I've been on Locked On Lakers, although he hasn't been on mine. We'll have Tania Ganguli (LA Times) on soon, and Mike Trudell is finding out if his Lakers & ESPN contracts allow him to go on non-affiliated podcasts.

You're welcome and those do sound like some interesting guests. I think there is definitely something good here and with a little fan involvement through a mailbag perhaps and a steady, consistent release schedule with how much there will be to talk about with the Lakers this season by the time 2018 FA comes this could be a very popular 'cast.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject:

It's been pretty cool getting in touch with a lot of the people who cover the team over the last year. A few of them have told me that my stuff is a resource that helps them with their jobs, and throughout the year they would occasionally hit me up for clarification/opinions about basketball technicalities. So now when I want them to come on my show there's already a relationship there and they're very much willing to do so.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

You're welcome and those do sound like some interesting guests. I think there is definitely something good here and with a little fan involvement through a mailbag perhaps and a steady, consistent release schedule with how much there will be to talk about with the Lakers this season by the time 2018 FA comes this could be a very popular 'cast.

Yeah, we do mailbag stuff once every few episodes. It's grown pretty steadily to where we're right on the verge of some solid sponsorships. Working on that this coming week in fact, since the Summer League craziness will have died down.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
It's been pretty cool getting in touch with a lot of the people who cover the team over the last year. A few of them have told me that my stuff is a resource that helps them with their jobs, and throughout the year they would occasionally hit me up for clarification/opinions about basketball technicalities. So now when I want them to come on my show there's already a relationship there and they're very much willing to do so.

That's brilliant to hear and must be pretty gratifying for you. I just checked out some of your video breakdowns and you can definitely see the coaching background coming through there but it's also accessible and easy to understand to pretty much anybody. Anyways enough praise for one day, I'll definitely be checking out the content this coming season.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
El Seano wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Yeah, we do mailbag stuff once every few episodes. It's grown pretty steadily to where we're right on the verge of some solid sponsorships. Working on that this coming week in fact, since the Summer League craziness will have died down.

So proud of you GT! Keep putting in the work man!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DoubleClutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
El Seano wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Yeah kudos man. I'd love to hear Trudell on with you guys. He seems like a good dude with great access to the players.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

That's brilliant to hear and must be pretty gratifying for you. I just checked out some of your video breakdowns and you can definitely see the coaching background coming through there but it's also accessible and easy to understand to pretty much anybody. Anyways enough praise for one day, I'll definitely be checking out the content this coming season.

Haha, sounds good. Thanks for checking them out.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject:

DoubleClutch wrote:
22 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
El Seano wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Yeah kudos man. I'd love to hear Trudell on with you guys. He seems like a good dude with great access to the players.

Me too. He told me this weekend that he's a regular listener to the podcast and watches my videos, which is really cool. He wants to come on, but we'll see if contractual stuff gets in the way. And yeah, he was a very nice guy. Exactly the same as he is on air.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Lol, someone made this after listening to the most recent podcast.

silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject:

GT... It's unbelievable how Lonzo jumps off the screen. You're "wowed". Can't remember the last rookie that made me react this way. Literally Lebron I think. He's the last one before Lonzo.
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Another great podcast, GT. I'm a fan for sure. Stoked for you as well.

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject:

Math wrote:
Another great podcast, GT. I'm a fan for sure. Stoked for you as well.

Thanks, man. It's been a lot of fun and it's exciting how it's been growing.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Man his passes are so accurate. So many scoring opportunities created. Makes it look easy.
ricardoJPC
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Every pass is right on the money. Never seen a guy pass like that.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject:

A couple things:

1. When our guys rim run or leak out, they suck more than one defender to them. This often opens up advance passes to open teammates (or they draw a defender and make a feed to an open teammate on the secondary break). Those first few seconds of a possession can be killer and Lonzo knows it. He might get more done in those first few seconds than anyone in the league right now.

2. Jesus, Zubac. Finish!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 26 of 29
Jump to: