Thank You David Nwaba (Lakers waive Nwaba, Picked up by the Bulls)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Good luck to Mr. Dunk! I really enjoyed having him, always love someone that gives it their all and plays with passion.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Good guy, nice player, great story. I hope he does well and I'd love to get him back.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

FanOfFour wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
I'd really like an explanation for this, though obviously one is not due. Was it a personal move based on recent acquisitions ? Or a gamble to facilitate future cap moves?

We needed the cap space to offer KCP $18 mil. We only had $17.3.

On top of that, if reports were to be believed it was also to potentially lock up Nwaba to a friendly 2 year deal AND get an extra year on Thomas Bryant's rookie contract. Look, I liked Nwaba, but I'd drive him to the airport if I knew we had to sacrifice him for KPC. It's not like the Lakers didn't like him. They just liked having KPC on the roster and an extra year on TB's contract rookie deal more than the chance of losing Nwaba and so do I.

If the earlier part of this is true, we needed to do it to lengthen Bryant's deal and increase his deal, I'd be fine with it. If it was simply to give KCP another 700k on top of what he got, I feel differently. Frankly, I don't think KCP is going to be the great addition that many around here do. I think it's just a case of "look at my new bright shiny thing" that makes people love these guys instantly. He's a one year rental, with very little chance of being with the club past next year. I would have paid him 17.3 and kept Nwaba or found someone else.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject:

So disappointed to lose David! Best of luck to him and maybe someday he will be back with L.A.!!!
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
I'd really like an explanation for this, though obviously one is not due. Was it a personal move based on recent acquisitions ? Or a gamble to facilitate future cap moves?

We needed the cap space to offer KCP $18 mil. We only had $17.3.

On top of that, if reports were to be believed it was also to potentially lock up Nwaba to a friendly 2 year deal AND get an extra year on Thomas Bryant's rookie contract. Look, I liked Nwaba, but I'd drive him to the airport if I knew we had to sacrifice him for KPC. It's not like the Lakers didn't like him. They just liked having KPC on the roster and an extra year on TB's contract rookie deal more than the chance of losing Nwaba and so do I.

If the earlier part of this is true, we needed to do it to lengthen Bryant's deal and increase his deal, I'd be fine with it. If it was simply to give KCP another 700k on top of what he got, I feel differently. Frankly, I don't think KCP is going to be the great addition that many around here do. I think it's just a case of "look at my new bright shiny thing" that makes people love these guys instantly. He's a one year rental, with very little chance of being with the club past next year. I would have paid him 17.3 and kept Nwaba or found someone else.

I am not sold on KCP at all. To think he is worth 17mil is a difficult. However, if it keeps LA from signing Rondo, great. And I hope KCP proves me wrong.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject:

I don't want to say the guys trash, he isn't. But as is so typical with new players, posters here are prone to overstating a guys skills. He'll have his moments were you say, "wow this guy is good!" and other times he'll be irrelevant. He won't be a guy we can't do without which is great, he's a rental. Hopefully he plays well enough that we can get another draft pick for him.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject:

He definitely has potential. I hate seeing him end up in Chicago though, the Bulls are just a mess.

Last year they decided to run with 3 ball dominant guards who can't shoot (4 if you count MCW).
Rondo would go from starter to DNP to starter every few games
Wade (who's usually a media darling) had to call out some guys
Then to end the season, they trade Jimmy Butler for NOTHING.

Dysfunctional franchises with cheap owners can really ruin a young guy
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10
Jump to: