General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 437, 438, 439

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Manny clearly won the fight by a few rounds.

He needs to retire because his legs are gone and he can't compete against the top fighters. At least he won't be holding the WBO belt hostage like he has been doing.

Manny is too stupid to realize Arum and Koncz never gave a damn about him. All they care about is making money off Manny even if it means screwing Manny over.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:

He needs to retire because his legs are gone and he can't compete against the top fighters. At least he won't be holding the WBO belt hostage like he has been doing.

Manny is too stupid to realize Arum and Koncz never gave a damn about him. All they care about is making money off Manny even if it means screwing Manny over.

He should've listened to Floyd who tried to tell Manny about Arum a long time ago.
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Pacquiao told a small group of Filipino reporters aboard his homebound flight from Australia on Monday that he was “set up” in Brisbane. The 38-year-old Pacquiao was a 6-1 favorite over the previously unknown Horn in their WBO welterweight title bout, but Horn won a unanimous decision that was widely considered controversial

According to a story posted to philstar.com, a TV investigative reporter asked Pacquiao aboard the aforementioned flight if he thinks the dubious decision had anything to do with his soon-to-expire promotional contract with Bob Arum’s Top Rank.

Pacquiao replied, “Let’s not think about that.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-i-felt-i-set-up-controversial-loss-horn--118156

So funny. He better call Al and give him his 10% fee.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:

I wonder if he's getting older or if he's just not training the way he used to.. probably a combo of both.

He's full time senator.. or congressman.. then training at night.. clearly not the way he used to train when he was destroying guys..

Jeff horn would have been done in the 6th round against 2009 manny..

either way.. its sad to see him unable to finish guys now. he's not sharp.. he's winging wild punches and looks tired.

I think he should retire..but who am I to say that a guy should stop making millions of dollars.. even if he gets jobbed by the judges.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject:

Sucks losing like that. WBO supposed to look into it but it was pretty shaky.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject:

I believe judges sit on three different sides of the ring, in the middle of their ring location. If I'm correct it means there are three different angles, three different eyewitness views.

Judge #1 angle may be the reason for a different scoring than the angle of judge #2 and #3

As we have been told eyewitnesses may give three different descriptions of the same event.

I get whacked all the time for my scoring. I trust L_D, dough and thug score cards more than I do my own.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Great fights on Fox11 today. Omar Figueroa put serious hands on Ghost Guerrero. His career is officially over.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 437, 438, 439
Page 439 of 439
Jump to: