Nets QFTOS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:56 am    Post subject: Nets QFTOS

Quote:
They've talked more about Lonzo's shoes more than the Brooklyn Nets
Honestly hope Caris goes for 30 on Lonzo

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
5 years from now, who will be a better player and have a better career
Lonzo or D’Angelo?

Lonzo
But that’s not a diss on Russell. I think they’ll both be very good

I actually think Dlo...
Lonzo may be a better passer / rebounder. Dlo will be better at D and offense – which I think is more important.

Lonzo can be one of the all time great PG's, D'lo's ceiling is high, but I'd take Lonzo in a heartbeat.
he’s one of those guys that’s always going to make everyone around him better.

Quote:
Lonzo AirBall
His shot is ugly man

Quote:
Caris Levert has been the best player on the floor all game

Quote:
Kuzma is nasty too
He would be a perfect stretch 4..they got very lucky with that pick we gave him considering Lydon whos been god awful got drafyed in front of him

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
this 3rd quarter sucks

we always suck in the 3rd quarter.

I thought it was the 4th

Quote:
Lonzo is legit great
He’s going to be a top 10 passer in the NBA at 19 years old

Quote:
Blow. It. Up.

Quote:
Sweet!
Good to see our more "experienced" squad and veteran coach get outplayed and out coached by four balding white dudes who look like CPAs.

Quote:
I blame this one on Jarrett Allen.

Quote:
Takeaways from this game
We lost the trade, Kuzma and lonzo will be the next CP3 and Blake
Caris shyed away from the moment in Summer League!!! He disappeared
RHJ with a meaningless 15 and 13, release him or trade him for a 2nd protected 31-58
Dinwiddie>Lin
Dinwiddie>Lonzo
Wiley and Porier suck
Goodwin isnt good enough to be on an NBA team even as a 2 way contract
Vander Blue>Levert
whitehead is fat and outta shape, couldn't tell if that was IW or Eddy curry out there!!!
if 5 guys in our rotation couldnt get past the quarterfinals of summer lg, theres no way we even get to 20 wins
prediction for the season 4-78 if we're lucky

Quote:
Point on Kuzma
If you look at how many shots he takes, his stats aren’t that impressive considering it’s summer league… Takes 15+ shots a game and one game shot 20+.

Quote:
lakers have some nice young talent
Lonzo, Kuzma, the big european center, Blue, Thomas, Carusso. These guys are a nice young group to match with Lopez, KCP, Randall and Clarkson. They should compete for the 7-8 seed in the West.

Quote:
Kuzma
Can’t wait till he becomes restricted. Lol

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Is it safe to say the Lakers are the winner off the Brook+Kuzma/D'Lo+Mozkov swap?

they havent played 1 game yet during the season

From when word got out about the trade the one thing I never understood was y we gave up a draft pick. I then hear later that the lakers said no to our original offer whatever that was and came back with this one. It makes no sense to me. We were in the drivers seat. They were the ones who had HAD to move one of those crazy contracts. We set the terms not them. The fact that the trade was considered fair was nuts. We should’ve won the trade. They needed us. We were the only ones with the space to accept mozgov period. So salty over this

You're being emotional. We weren't the only ones with capspace when this trade was made and we only gave up lopez as a 1 year rental and then rhey are almost certainly gonna lose him
The trade was very fair

Quote:
Kuzma
Possible Summer League MVP
He’s that good.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:23 am    Post subject:

Love seeing these. Thanks.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject:

Thanks! Loved that one about the balding white dudes
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:14 am    Post subject:

markjay wrote:

I know right... CPAs
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:38 am    Post subject:

lounger wrote:
markjay wrote:

I know right... CPAs

He was being reverse hair racist. Only Caruso is thinning. He hasn't relented to the razor yet. Maybe he's gonna get some good implant work done to thicken it up with that contract dough.
underdogsgv
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject:

What I loved was that the Nets had their actual head coach coaching them this SL, and we're using Luke's volleyball BFF to coach, lol
#32 is the greatest Laker ever.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Nets QFTOS

Chronicle wrote:
Quote:
They've talked more about Lonzo's shoes more than the Brooklyn Nets
Honestly hope Caris goes for 30 on Lonzo

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
5 years from now, who will be a better player and have a better career
Lonzo or D’Angelo?

Lonzo
But that’s not a diss on Russell. I think they’ll both be very good

I actually think Dlo...
Lonzo may be a better passer / rebounder. Dlo will be better at D and offense – which I think is more important.

Lonzo can be one of the all time great PG's, D'lo's ceiling is high, but I'd take Lonzo in a heartbeat.
he’s one of those guys that’s always going to make everyone around him better.

Quote:
Lonzo AirBall
His shot is ugly man

Quote:
Caris Levert has been the best player on the floor all game

Quote:
Kuzma is nasty too
He would be a perfect stretch 4..they got very lucky with that pick we gave him considering Lydon whos been god awful got drafyed in front of him

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
this 3rd quarter sucks

we always suck in the 3rd quarter.

I thought it was the 4th

Quote:
Lonzo is legit great
He’s going to be a top 10 passer in the NBA at 19 years old

Quote:
Blow. It. Up.

Quote:
Sweet!
Good to see our more "experienced" squad and veteran coach get outplayed and out coached by four balding white dudes who look like CPAs.

Quote:
I blame this one on Jarrett Allen.

Quote:
Takeaways from this game
We lost the trade, Kuzma and lonzo will be the next CP3 and Blake
Caris shyed away from the moment in Summer League!!! He disappeared
RHJ with a meaningless 15 and 13, release him or trade him for a 2nd protected 31-58
Dinwiddie>Lin
Dinwiddie>Lonzo
Wiley and Porier suck
Goodwin isnt good enough to be on an NBA team even as a 2 way contract
Vander Blue>Levert
whitehead is fat and outta shape, couldn't tell if that was IW or Eddy curry out there!!!
if 5 guys in our rotation couldnt get past the quarterfinals of summer lg, theres no way we even get to 20 wins
prediction for the season 4-78 if we're lucky

Quote:
Point on Kuzma
If you look at how many shots he takes, his stats aren’t that impressive considering it’s summer league… Takes 15+ shots a game and one game shot 20+.

Quote:
lakers have some nice young talent
Lonzo, Kuzma, the big european center, Blue, Thomas, Carusso. These guys are a nice young group to match with Lopez, KCP, Randall and Clarkson. They should compete for the 7-8 seed in the West.

Quote:
Kuzma
Can’t wait till he becomes restricted. Lol

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Is it safe to say the Lakers are the winner off the Brook+Kuzma/D'Lo+Mozkov swap?

they havent played 1 game yet during the season

From when word got out about the trade the one thing I never understood was y we gave up a draft pick. I then hear later that the lakers said no to our original offer whatever that was and came back with this one. It makes no sense to me. We were in the drivers seat. They were the ones who had HAD to move one of those crazy contracts. We set the terms not them. The fact that the trade was considered fair was nuts. We should’ve won the trade. They needed us. We were the only ones with the space to accept mozgov period. So salty over this

You're being emotional. We weren't the only ones with capspace when this trade was made and we only gave up lopez as a 1 year rental and then rhey are almost certainly gonna lose him
The trade was very fair

Quote:
Kuzma
Possible Summer League MVP
He’s that good.

1. They have been talking a bit too much about the shoes to me as well, but we've got the phenom who wears them so I'm cool.

2. Actually he's going to be a top 5 passer at 19 years of age. He'll be a top three, or the best, many, many seasons, thereafter.

3. "Lonzo may be a better passer / rebounder. Dlo will be better at D"...no he won't. Lonzo's got some work to do on D, but he has shown more on that end (back to back 5 steal games) than Russell showed in two years, and I don't mean that as a knock.

FAVORITE of the qftos: "Takeaways from this game
We lost the trade"......

I love qftos. Thanks Chronicle. Appreciate it!
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Lonzo's got some work to do on D, but he has shown more on that end (back to back 5 steal games) than Russell showed in two years,

Steals definitely don't reflect good defense. It's shocking just how badly Lonzo gets lost on switches sometimes, misses box outs, doesn't even defend the proper guy off-ball, etc.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject:

Why are they getting on CPA's?

Accountants gotta eat too....

In all seriousness, that was a serious punk job by the might Lakers on the Brooklyn/New Jersey/Hoboken Nets.

Losing with half your regular team and your regular coach to our team of rookies with a volleyball guy coaching? Yikes.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject:

So they have been rebuilding yet they have no player to build around. They got suckered into taking Moz albatross while we snatch (Kuzma) to boot. Hold the L Brooklyn.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
lounger wrote:
markjay wrote:

I know right... CPAs

He was being reverse hair racist. Only Caruso is thinning. He hasn't relented to the razor yet. Maybe he's gonna get some good implant work done to thicken it up with that contract dough.

Ha! I told my wife that last night. Hair Club for Men or Bosley will be getting some $$$$$

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject:

underdogsgv wrote:
What I loved was that the Nets had their actual head coach coaching them this SL, and we're using Luke's volleyball BFF to coach, lol

That's wrong man. Funny though. Jud was a decent baller. I think he has a ring or two also.

Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:
Lonzo's got some work to do on D, but he has shown more on that end (back to back 5 steal games) than Russell showed in two years,

Steals definitely don't reflect good defense. It's shocking just how badly Lonzo gets lost on switches sometimes, misses box outs, doesn't even defend the proper guy off-ball, etc.

Sounds like you are calling for a Kobe/Cooper defense intervention 😝

AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject:

Thanks Chron! Great Job!
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject:

Addicus wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

Coop has had chances as an assistant coach before. But in terms of man defense, Lonzo is almost starting from scratch, and there are awareness issues there as well, which is a bit unexpected. Maybe he doesn't want to burn his wheels for it.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject:

Are we sure that's not just the same guy having a conversation with himself? Can't be more than 10-15 nets fans total, and surely not all of them are on a message board
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Are we sure that's not just the same guy having a conversation with himself? Can't be more than 10-15 nets fans total, and surely not all of them are on a message board

Seriously. I went to a bunch of Nets boards and they were all dead. Nothing more sad (on the NBA fan side) than visiting dead fan forums...
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Addicus wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

Coop has had chances as an assistant coach before. But in terms of man defense, Lonzo is almost starting from scratch, and there are awareness issues there as well, which is a bit unexpected. Maybe he doesn't want to burn his wheels for it.

Lakers can hide him for now. There's only few teams that can punish you from 1-2-3 positions. He can handle the lighter assignment while running the offense. Lonzo need to get stronger though to be able to absorb contact and not get bounce out of position.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

It at least reflects that he's being attentive, which is always good. Plus, you need the athletic ability and reach and savvy to jump into passing lanes and in front of guys posting you up to take the inlet like Pippen. It's a weird offshoot of overall D, but it's getting you a possession, so. Do steals by themselves make a player a good defender? No, there's way too many facets to learn and every great defender has stated at least once that it takes pride or a sense of personal determination to play D. ...And which is why most players don't wanna exert themselves on that end. That's why defenders are called gritty/gutty and scorers are not.

For example: Michael Cooper's blocks and steals stats are pretty meager considering the defensive player he was at his prime. A "cheap suit" man defender. Then you got Alvin Robertson, who was the Rodman of the steal stat. He was a savant. He once casually took the ball away from the guy who caught it at the opening jump and went down to put the score 2-0. He was going for steals literally at the jump ball. He got em in every way, direct strips, interceptions, etc. Decent defender overall, too, but he was way too sweet on stealing. They were like rebounds to Rodman. I remember Bob Weiss in an old game saying they (Spurs) were trying to get him to just focus on man D. That reflects that steals are but one aspect of defense. Ron Artest could strip opponents, but at his prime, his bumping and shadowing had the same impact of stunting the opponent's attempt to score and that didn't show up in the statsheet (a la Coop).
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

he is the worst point of attack defender on the perimeter that I have ever seen...his lateral quickness is so lacking, he often does not even attempt to slide and cut off his man, but instead quickly turns and concedes the blow by without resistance.

The guy has impressed me in many areas, more than I even expected, but has to at least get in a defensive stance from time to time.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Lonzo need to get stronger though to be able to absorb contact and not get bounce out of position.

I am not too concerned over this from watching Ingram this year....last year he was the same as Lonzo continuously getting moved off his position because he was frail like Lonzo.....but he looked much better at holding his ground after just one offseason. I expect the same from Lonzo by next season (18/19)
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Lonzo need to get stronger though to be able to absorb contact and not get bounce out of position.

I am not too concerned over this from watching Ingram this year....last year he was the same as Lonzo continuously getting moved off his position because he was frail like Lonzo.....but he looked much better at holding his ground after just one offseason. I expect the same from Lonzo by next season (18/19)

Yeah it's fixable.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Sweet!

Awwww! Who else do we have - besides CaruGOAT - who is follicularly challenged? Lol

AFireInside619 wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

Seriously. I went to a bunch of Nets boards and they were all dead. Nothing more sad (on the NBA fan side) than visiting dead fan forums...

!!!!!
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject:

Kuzma > DLO

Thanks MAGIC!
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject:

krisobe wrote:
Kuzma > DLO

Thanks MAGIC!

How about letting him do a regular season first? smh...geez
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: