OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject:

FanOfFour wrote:
Man, this kid is the prototypical modern stretch 4. The evolution of the position has been interesting. Even calling him a stretch 4 is underselling him. He's got mobility, ball-handling and distributing ability. Sometimes I forget he's 4 and and not a 3.

I look forward to trying him at the 3 during the regular season. If what he's doing in the summer league translates, then maybe he should be the primary backup 3. I certainly would rather see him than Deng or Brewer
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject:

FanOfFour wrote:
Man, this kid is the prototypical modern stretch 4. The evolution of the position has been interesting. Even calling him a stretch 4 is underselling him. He's got mobility, ball-handling and distributing ability. Sometimes I forget he's 4 and and not a 3.

One of the mods made an observation that he's a 4 with the game of a 3. Then we have BI, who is a 3, but as he fills out will be playing some 4. We'll have some elite level interchangeable parts with Ball orchestrating things.

In a couple of seasons we'll have the talent to change the landscape of the NBA.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject:

KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZMA
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject:

He's robert horry!
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
He's robert horry!

No. He's Kyle Kuzma.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
He's robert horry!

No. He's Kyle Kuzma.

M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
El Seano wrote:
I checked out a Nets Live Thread for the game over at SB Nation and when their fans weren't saying that they don't get the big deal about Lonzo they were on suicide watch that we got Kuzma with their pick.

Then they said it's only summer league and summer league doesn't count.

I did the same thing. They hated the Dlo trade at the onset before knowing how good Kuzma is. They are beside themselves right now and most are saying 'same old Nets' in regards to another stupid trade.

Kuzma is taking some of the heat off the DLO trade... which is good for us since the deal went through.

I love seeing the chemistry between Ball and Kuzma... like the play where Kuzma lasered the ball to Lonzo at the top of the key for a 3. Nice!
Jhin0821
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject:

M2K wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
El Seano wrote:
I checked out a Nets Live Thread for the game over at SB Nation and when their fans weren't saying that they don't get the big deal about Lonzo they were on suicide watch that we got Kuzma with their pick.

I did the same thing. They hated the Dlo trade at the onset before knowing how good Kuzma is. They are beside themselves right now and most are saying 'same old Nets' in regards to another stupid trade.

Kuzma is taking some of the heat off the DLO trade... which is good for us since the deal went through.

I love seeing the chemistry between Ball and Kuzma... like the play where Kuzma lasered the ball to Lonzo at the top of the key for a 3. Nice!

If Magic doesn't land FA next summer it was bonehead trade. Won't matter what Dlo does. Why would you trade for capspace when you can't even use it?
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject:

Jhin0821 wrote:
M2K wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
El Seano wrote:

Kuzma is taking some of the heat off the DLO trade... which is good for us since the deal went through. I'm just

If Magic doesn't land FA next summer it was bonehead trade. Won't matter what Dlo does. Why would you trade for capspace when you can't even use it?

Lol Kuzma is already a much better and mature prospect than DLo and Brook a much better player than Moz who is also an expiring contract. Nothing boneheaded about it. We win this trade plain and simple and now we have at least the ability to sign a max free agent or two next season. You can keep living in the past if you want but most people have moved on already from DLo.
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject:

I was thinking about trading Kuzma to get rid of Deng contract right after the draft. But now, he is becoming that untouchable territory. I'm loving his game and confidence so much.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject:

M2K wrote:

I love seeing the chemistry between Ball and Kuzma...

They have great chemistry on the floor already and seem like buddies off the court also based on the interview after the game.

As Kuzma said, Lonzo has his "head up" so Kuzma knows if he just runs the court hard the ball is coming.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject:

Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:
Jhin0821 wrote:
M2K wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
El Seano wrote:

Kuzma is taking some of the heat off the DLO trade... which is good for us since the deal went through. I'm just

Lol Kuzma is already a much better and mature prospect than DLo and Brook a much better player than Moz who is also an expiring contract. Nothing boneheaded about it. We win this trade plain and simple and now we have at least the ability to sign a max free agent or two next season. You can keep living in the past if you want but most people have moved on already from DLo.

Great Post Pau!
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:
Jhin0821 wrote:
M2K wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
El Seano wrote:

Great Post Pau!

Yep. Generous amount of thought given to a throwaway. The attempt to educate is doomed to fail, but it was a generous play by Pau's Beard.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject:

Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:
Jhin0821 wrote:
M2K wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
El Seano wrote:

danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject:

This is kid is so good. I can see him playing a lot of time at the 3.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

I'd play him at C before I play him at SF. His skill/size mismatch is more impactful playing up a position rather than down.

I mean, just look at that space last night with him at C! It was glorious.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
He's robert horry!

No. He's Kyle Kuzma.

He does remind me a lot of Robert Horry on those Championship Rockets teams.
Mr. Zero
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject:

All aboard the KUUUUUUUUUUUZ TRAIN
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:

He is more advanced than BI was last year, though BI looks like a beast now. Offense is much better than Nance and he looks like he can play good perimeter defense against the smaller guys.

Anyway he is a steal at the 27th pick: Great Job front office

He is 22, Ingram was 18. 3 rebounds from your PF is bad, he needs to toughen up and grab some boards.
TomSeaver
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject:

Wasn't it Mark Jackson that said he couldn't believe he was there at the bottom of the first round?
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
M2K wrote:

I love seeing the chemistry between Ball and Kuzma...

They have great chemistry on the floor already and seem like buddies off the court also based on the interview after the game.

As Kuzma said, Lonzo has his "head up" so Kuzma knows if he just runs the court hard the ball is coming.

Kuz likes to run the floor and he knows with Zo, he will get he ball in his sweet spots. I have a good feeling he's going to be an important part of our rotation.

Kuzmanian Devil will be running with no breaks.

I'm already hopping.

All aboard.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

I agree, I think he will play up and down a position.....he just part of that bigger goal of positionless basketball.
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject:

Trade Randle/Deng for expiring lol. Need to start Kuzma by next year!

Ball
PG
Ingram
Kuzma
Cousins?
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject:

I think we can play kuz, pope and Ingram at the 2, 3 and 4. As much as our defense gets criticized, that's a pretty big chunk of your lineup with good defenders.
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject:

He makes one of Randle or Nance expendable. The Klay comparison is a good one if he can continue this hot shooting in the real season. I think the Pacers messed up big time by not trading PG to us.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 42 of 880
Jump to: