We are now a legit team.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AY2043
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 9334

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I think if you took Butler off of Minnesota, they haven't improved externally at all. I think Teague is only a slight upgrade over Rubio, but they lost LaVine and Dunn. So, is the addition of Butler and the internal improvement from Wiggins/Towns enough to vault them from a lottery team to a top 5 seed? Maybe, but maybe not.

The locks for the playoffs (barring strange injuries) are these - GSW, SAS, HOU, OKC and LAC. I think the last three spots will be fought for between MIN, NOP, POR and UTA. I don't think DEN or MEM gets in. If I had to predict things right now, this would be my prediction.

1. GSW
2. HOU
3. SAS
4. OKC
5. LAC
6. MIN
7. POR
8. NOP
9. LAL
10. MEM
11. UTA
12. DEN
13. DAL
14. SAC
15. PHO

Seems low for Denver. 3rd year Jokic, and they added Milsap. Plus an extra year of experience for Murray, Harris, etc. Granted they lost Gallo, but I still don't see them being worse than they were last year.

Also seems way high for the Clippers (especially with Blake's injury history) and Portland
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
laker50
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Mar 2014
Posts: 967

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject:

This is a realistic prediction:

1. GSW
2. HOU
3. SAS
4. OKC
5. POR
6. LAC
7. MIN
8. LAL
9. NOP

The first four teams are expected.
Clippers with CP and Reddick are not the same.
MIN yet to jell.

See MIN, LAL, and NOP fighting for that last 8th spot.
Depends on who integrates the new players first and best.
And Lakers finding a capable backup PG to rest Lonzo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 28763
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject:

I think outside of GSW HOU and SAS it's anyone's game
_________________
also sprach magic johnson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AY2043
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 9334

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject:

1. GSW
2. SAS
3. HOU
4. OKC
5. MIN
6. NOP
7. DEN
8. LAC
9. POR
10. MEM
11. LAL
12. UTAH
13. SAC
14. PHX
15. DAL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 10685

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Depending on injuries, Lakers could sneak into the 8th spot. That would be remarkable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2014
Posts: 1579

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject:

I definitely think we can be .500. Not sure about the play offs but u never know. If we pick up Clark....I would say 44 wins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PHILosophize
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 3790

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject:

GSW
HOU
SAS
OKC
MIN
POR
NOP
DEN
LAC
MEM
UTAH
LAL
SAC
PHX
DAL
_________________
one dog goes that way the other dog goes the other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Posts: 1741

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Best teams:
Warriors (1)
Rockets (2)
Thunder (3)
Timberwolves (4)
Spurs (5)

Fighting for playoffs:
Clippers (6)
Grizzlies (7)
Lakers (8)
Nuggets (9)
Pelicans (10)

Worst teams:
Blazers (11)
Jazz (12)
Kings (13)
Mavericks (14)
Suns (15)
_________________
Starting Lineup:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PRLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2016
Posts: 5239

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
I definitely think we can be .500. Not sure about the play offs but u never know. If we pick up Clark....I would say 44 wins.


44 would have gotten you in the Playoffs the last 2 seasons.
_________________
ExKUZme, we are all BALLievers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 1499

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Amending my original prediction:

Was 50 wins. Now 55 wins. Good for 3rd/4th place in the West.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trablos
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 354

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject:

I think its too early to say the Wolves are a lock, if anything they will compete for the 7/8 seed along with five or six other teams. It really is wide open outside of the top 4.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakerfan#37
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 22 May 2014
Posts: 182

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Looking at our roster, who is our back up pg?

Lopez, Zubac, Bryant
Randle, Nance, Kuzma
Ingram, Brewer, Deng
KCP, Clarkson, Hart
Ball, Ennis?, Caruso?

I think Kuzma could play sf, possibly ahead of Brewer, and Deng may be better suited at pf. Maybe playing w Lonzo could can revive his game

I'm hoping for 45-50 wins next season!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Dec 2007
Posts: 10029

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Bottom line, the team needs to play defense to be considered a "legit" team. We have been one of the worst (if not the worst) defensive teams the past 4 years.

If they can improve on that side of the ball (significantly) I'd say we have a shot at the playoffs given the potential on offense.

At least this team should be a lot more entertaining this season with the off-season moves/additions and continued improvement of the youth.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
nlightened428
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 30 May 2017
Posts: 58
Location: Seattle,WA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject:

1. GSW
2. SAS
3. HOU
4. OKC
5. MIN
6. LAC
7. POR
8. LAL
9. DEN
10. NOP
11. MEM
12. UTAH
13. SAC
14. PHX
15. DAL

I think we will reduce our turnovers (2nd year in the offense) and get higher percentage shots (Ball factor) and therefore play a lot more "set" defense rather than trying to scramble in transition. We had the worst TO% in the league last year. I also think we will be playing against a lot of tired shooters because we going to be running them out of the gym. Lastly, Walton will get guys together and communicating better in year 2 on D. Add in a KCP to check the lead guard and we improve noticeably defensively and vault ourselves into the playoffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LVLAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 5272
Location: United States

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:23 am    Post subject:

I am upping my win prediction to 46 Wins. I know it's just summer league and I know our defense will still suck, but I can still see it.

I really think Lonzo is gonna make guys that Much better.

KCP, Randle, Lopez all in contract years with Lonzo feeding them.

It's gonna be fun either way and I expext Lonzo to average more minutes than any other rookies. He is gonna get thrown in the fire, but I think he is just gonna dance on it.
_________________
2017/2018 Roster - 46 Wins
Coach Luke Walton

Lonzo/Hart/Clarkson
KCP/Clarkson/Brewer
Ingram/Kuzma/Deng
Randle/Nance/Bryant
Lopez/Zubac/Bogut
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JHT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 558

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:14 am    Post subject:

LVLAKERFAN wrote:
I am upping my win prediction to 46 Wins. I know it's just summer league and I know our defense will still suck, but I can still see it.

I really think Lonzo is gonna make guys that Much better.

KCP, Randle, Lopez all in contract years with Lonzo feeding them.

It's gonna be fun either way and I expext Lonzo to average more minutes than any other rookies. He is gonna get thrown in the fire, but I think he is just gonna dance on it.


It's all about defense. The Lakers have beem the worst defensive team in the league for two straight years. Over the last 10 years, the league's worst defensive team has won an average of 20 games. Our average over the last two years? 21 games. Barring a radical, massive upturn in our defense, Lakers will again struggle to win more than 25 games..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JHT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 558

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:28 am    Post subject:

I think the Lakers will be terrible again given the defensive liabilities, and I think Magic and Rob know it as they've been tempering our expectations. That being said the team will be exciting with the youth movement, Ball's passing, and the renewed excitement around the team. Should be a fun year which we haven't had in awhile..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 3325

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:55 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Best teams:
Warriors (1)
Rockets (2)
Thunder (3)
Timberwolves (4)
Spurs (5)

Fighting for playoffs:
Clippers (6)
Grizzlies (7)
Lakers (8)
Nuggets (9)
Pelicans (10)

Worst teams:
Blazers (11)
Jazz (12)
Kings (13)
Mavericks (14)
Suns (15)


No way Minny finishes above Spurs. Spurs will be in top 3 and will remain biggest challenger for GSW in playoffs. Butler barely took Bulls in weak East to 8th spot. I see them finishing 6th in West at best.
_________________
Showtime 2.0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JerryMaguire
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Posts: 85

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:07 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
I think if you took Butler off of Minnesota, they haven't improved externally at all. I think Teague is only a slight upgrade over Rubio, but they lost LaVine and Dunn. So, is the addition of Butler and the internal improvement from Wiggins/Towns enough to vault them from a lottery team to a top 5 seed? Maybe, but maybe not.

The locks for the playoffs (barring strange injuries) are these - GSW, SAS, HOU, OKC and LAC. I think the last three spots will be fought for between MIN, NOP, POR and UTA. I don't think DEN or MEM gets in. If I had to predict things right now, this would be my prediction.

1. GSW
2. HOU
3. SAS
4. OKC
5. LAC
6. MIN
7. POR
8. NOP
9. LAL
10. MEM
11. UTA
12. DEN
13. DAL
14. SAC
15. PHO

Seems low for Denver. 3rd year Jokic, and they added Milsap. Plus an extra year of experience for Murray, Harris, etc. Granted they lost Gallo, but I still don't see them being worse than they were last year.

Also seems way high for the Clippers (especially with Blake's injury history) and Portland

Agree with you.

Denver will be in the mix for the playoffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JerryMaguire
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Posts: 85

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject:

Locks:
1. GSW
2. SAS
3. HOU
4. OKC

Next 4:
5. MIN
6. DEN
7. MEM
8. LAC

Just missed:
POR, NOP, LAL

Lotto Bound:
DAL, SAC, PHX


Think this is around a 40 win team, which just misses out on the 8 seed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 15186
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject:

Lakerfan#37 wrote:
Looking at our roster, who is our back up pg?

Lopez, Zubac, Bryant
Randle, Nance, Kuzma
Ingram, Brewer, Deng
KCP, Clarkson, Hart
Ball, Ennis?, Caruso?

I think Kuzma could play sf, possibly ahead of Brewer, and Deng may be better suited at pf. Maybe playing w Lonzo could can revive his game

I'm hoping for 45-50 wins next season!


My thoughts exactly on this roster, I also agree on the upside for Kuzma and Deng with Lonzo at point.

Based on his interview during the trophy presentation last night, sounds like Magic is still planning on picking up a veteran PG somewhere to help show Ball the ropes, the 'game within a game' from a vet perspective. I wonder if he has someone specific in mind?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 28763
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject:

Ball
Pope
Ingram
Randle
Lopez

2nd unit

Clarkson
Brewer
Kuzma
Nance
Zubac
_________________
also sprach magic johnson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB