OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1523, 1524, 1525 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject:

The trade machine doesn't allow for more than 4-team trades, but you can make trades involving 5 teams or more, too. The rule is that with 3-team trades or more, each team must "touch" at least two other teams in the trade, per Larry Coon's CBA FAQ.

So instead of waiting to move Faried, perhaps we could actually try to involve a 5th team. It's intricate, but it's not impossible. I'd still rather do the Chicago deal because it's more direct (just absorbing Wade), but who knows if they are willing to play ball. So I'm just trying to come up with other possibilities.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Another one is Faried to the Cavs for Frye and Jefferson. Frye wasn't even in their rotation by the end of the playoffs, and Faried is the only other player like Tristan Thompson that they would have on their roster. (An activity/energy big.)

Frye and Jefferson are expirings, and Luke and Jefferson are reunited and it feels so good. We probably wouldn't even have to give up a pick for them to do this.

Yes. Like this a lot. Arizona Lakers are legit.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject:

It kills me to say but if Zubac continues to show regression, we could really include him as a sweetener with Clarkson and Deng.

With Kuzma being the stretch forward we've been looking for, play Nance as a backup 5 and Kuzma backup 4. We're going to continue to play small ball either way.

Man I didn't think I would be saying that for a long while.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Another one is Faried to the Cavs for Frye and Jefferson. Frye wasn't even in their rotation by the end of the playoffs, and Faried is the only other player like Tristan Thompson that they would have on their roster. (An activity/energy big.)

Frye and Jefferson are expirings, and Luke and Jefferson are reunited and it feels so good. We probably wouldn't even have to give up a pick for them to do this.

Yes. Like this a lot. Arizona Lakers are legit.

they have to drop Cedi Osman in that trade as well.

Frye/Richardson/Osman for Clarkson/ 2nd
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
It kills me to say but if Zubac continues to show regression, we could really include him as a sweetener with Clarkson and Deng.

With Kuzma being the stretch forward we've been looking for, play Nance as a backup 5 and Kuzma backup 4. We're going to continue to play small ball either way.

I don't think Zubac is showing regression. I think he's gained strength while losing some lateral mobility. It's pretty common for bigs early on to struggle on rotations and lateral defense.

I don't think we should cut bait on him because of this summer league. He's still worth evaluating.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

too early
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject:

I am thinking of the possibility of signing a shooter, and trading JC for a PG whose contract will expire in 2018. Not many options though.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2018/point-guard/available/
http://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/shooting-guard/available/

BTW, spotrac is good to use.

Ideally, you find someone who can backup Ball and play with him too. Pairing Ball with somebody with ball-handling, shooting, and D would maximize his abilities. I am not sure JC fits the description.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

I think the FO would move him in a heartbeat if he was needed to make a deal...I have no reason to think this FO has ever viewed him as a piece they would have a hard time moving. I dont think anything has changed.....everyone outside of Ball and Ingram is considered "ok" to move if the right deal came along.
romeo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
Megaton wrote:

I don't think Zubac is showing regression. I think he's gained strength while losing some lateral mobility. It's pretty common for bigs early on to struggle on rotations and lateral defense.

I don't think we should cut bait on him because of this summer league. He's still worth evaluating.

yup, too early to trade zu. last year we were talking marc gasol during the season, now a couple summer league games in he's trade bait smh
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

too early

I agree it's too early but man is he slow footed. He has to work on his lateral quickness and footwork. Horrible defending the PNR.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject:

romeo wrote:
ahaider wrote:
Megaton wrote:

yup, too early to trade zu. last year we were talking marc gasol during the season, now a couple summer league games in he's trade bait smh

I was as high on Zu as anyone and think he's really skilled. But I also think that the writing is on the wall. There's a certain way that we want to play, and we've cleaned house in that respect. JC will be gone by next season, and you've seen the kind of players we've drafted. We want to play positionless, versatile basketball, and we want to play fast. I just don't think that Zu will be a great fit going forward with that. I think the best play might be to include him in some type of deal where we get back value. Dumping Deng's money without having to stretch him, I would argue, represents value to us. So we'll just have to see what happens.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject:

I'd rather see TB develop further. His game fits our style much better than Zu at this point.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject:

romeo wrote:
ahaider wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Keep in mind at least to these eyes, refs are letting guys hack the F out of Zu with no call.
Hard to show progression with really, really, goofy officiating.
Lets see how the "pro's" call his games in october B4 we write the big Z off,,,,
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject:

See what happened after lonzo got taken out? Offense stagnated

This is why we should get Kendall Marshall to back him up. That way we can run the same system in both lineups
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Ian Clark/R sessions is fine
underdogsgv
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Jarrett Jack is a free agent. Tore his meniscus in Feb or March. What's his knee condition? Anyone know? If healthy, he's better than anything out there. Kind of a George Hill type game, but not quite as good on D as Hill. Plays with some fire and a chip on his shoulder too.
#32 is the greatest Laker ever.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject:

underdogsgv wrote:
Jarrett Jack is a free agent. Tore his meniscus in Feb or March. What's his knee condition? Anyone know? If healthy, he's better than anything out there. Kind of a George Hill type game, but not quite as good on D as Hill. Plays with some fire and a chip on his shoulder too.

He had an ACL before that, he's cooked.
LB2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
See what happened after lonzo got taken out? Offense stagnated

This is why we should get Kendall Marshall to back him up. That way we can run the same system in both lineups

100% on board with this. Always been a fan of his and he's one of the only guys in the league that could teach Lonzo a thing or two about being a playmaker without crazy blow by speed. My only issue is the lack of quick on-ball perimeter defenders. But at this point I'd take Kendall as our back up for sure.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject:

How did Roman sessions get into the discussion?
infoman2001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Lakers need to offer Brandon Jennings a contract 1 year deal.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject:

infoman2001 wrote:

I wouldn't mind this but I think clarkson is the backup 1
infoman2001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
infoman2001 wrote:

I wouldn't mind this but I think clarkson is the backup 1

Jennings played with KCP in 2014-2015 season, and that was sadly the last time Jennings was relevant in the league. Kids from Compton too, if Lakers sign him, I can see a potential career resurrection.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
romeo wrote:
ahaider wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Keep in mind at least to these eyes, refs are letting guys hack the F out of Zu with no call.
Hard to show progression with really, really, goofy officiating.
Lets see how the "pro's" call his games in october B4 we write the big Z off,,,,

Last year's SL I remember him catching passes on the run in transition in traffic. This year he can't even seem to hold onto a rebound. It's really weird. He's basically playing the way I expected him to play as a rookie.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
romeo wrote:
ahaider wrote:
Megaton wrote:

I was as high on Zu as anyone and think he's really skilled. But I also think that the writing is on the wall. There's a certain way that we want to play, and we've cleaned house in that respect. JC will be gone by next season, and you've seen the kind of players we've drafted. We want to play positionless, versatile basketball, and we want to play fast. I just don't think that Zu will be a great fit going forward with that. I think the best play might be to include him in some type of deal where we get back value. Dumping Deng's money without having to stretch him, I would argue
, represents value to us. So we'll just have to see what happens.

I don't think he can keep up with the pace. He's going to be a good player but just not a good fit for us.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject:

I agree Zubac has been shocking this summer... weak and ineffectual on defense and the boards but he still has some nice shooting and passing skills so I wouldn't get rid of him unless we have Lopez, Cousins or Davis locked down long term. He will be handy against slow plodding half court teams... it's still possible the strength might come... maybe he's been overtraining and the 7 games in 10 days got the best of him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1523, 1524, 1525 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 1524 of 1813
Jump to: