OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Go with the killer small line-up and have Brook come off the bench. Kuzma needs to start. We'd run every other team out of the gym.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma on both sides of the court has been awesome. He's also been defending small forwards for those that think he can't play there somehow.

There was a couple of possessions he was guarding DSJ and succeeded both times. Including one of them that led to DSJ turning the ball over.
romeo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:
Go with the killer small line-up and have Brook come off the bench. Kuzma needs to start. We'd run every other team out of the gym.

brook lopez w/ lonzo will be amazing. brook is a legit shooter, same w/ kcp. kuzma should be the 4 if he outplays/hustles randle/nance.

lonzo/kcp/ingram/kuzma/lopez ball movement and shooting everywhere.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:

You're getting so far ahead of reality right now.

Kuz has been great... in SL. I like him a lot, but it's only SL. Lopez/Randle/Nance are all proven players. Julius and Nance should be ready to take big jumps this year. I hope Kuz can get some mins but he's not ready to start yet.
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Scoffs wrote:

You're getting so far ahead of reality right now.

Kuz has been great... in SL. I like him a lot, but it's only SL. Lopez/Randle/Nance are all proven players. Julius and Nance should be ready to take big jumps this year. I hope Kuz can get some mins but he's not ready to start yet.

Right now, Kuz might be the best shooter on the team (yeah, I know it's just SL, but that shooting form looks good) and it's not even close. KCP would be our 2nd best shooter followed by Brook.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Kuzma on both sides of the court has been awesome. He's also been defending small forwards for those that think he can't play there somehow.

There was a couple of possessions he was guarding DSJ and succeeded both times. Including one of them that led to DSJ turning the ball over.

My concern with Kuz at the 3 is on the offensive side. His strengths are mobility by size and shooting ability in pick and pop, both of those are somewhat negated at the 3. I also don't think he's a good enough ball handler to consistently handle it on the wing being accosted by 3's. Another huge advantage with him at 4 is that we can easily switch 1-4 pnr, whereas 1-3 is less common. So again that somewhat negates another strength of his.

Long story short, I think he can play the 3, it's just I think he'll be as effective a player. Granted, he may need to see minutes there in order to actually get minutes on the team, as Randle/Nance will be eating 4 minutes
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma vs lottery SFs before tonight's game.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DE5h3v4UAAElw8v.jpg
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

My concern with Kuz at the 3 is on the offensive side. His strengths are mobility by size and shooting ability in pick and pop, both of those are somewhat negated at the 3. I also don't think he's a good enough ball handler to consistently handle it on the wing being accosted by 3's. Another huge advantage with him at 4 is that we can easily switch 1-4 pnr, whereas 1-3 is less common. So again that somewhat negates another strength of his.

Long story short, I think he can play the 3, it's just I think he'll be as effective a player. Granted, he may need to see minutes there in order to actually get minutes on the team, as Randle/Nance will be eating 4 minutes

THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING!

Seriously, who would you rather see at the backup wing: Loul "he's dead Jim" Deng, Corey "22% 3P shooter" Brewer, or Kyle "the new hotness" Kuzma?

It's a clear choice fam.
Mr. Lonzo Ball
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject:

This guy can shoot. Perfect match with Lonzo.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Hes a legit stud. Perfect player to pair with lonzo going forward. Plays smart on both ends. Magilinka did insanely well
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Watched an interview by Rob in which he said Kuzma told them that at one point growing up in Flint he was actually homeless for a little bit. Rob says he had a 'tough upbringing'.

Kuzma throwing off positive energy out there. Legend
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma is a less accurate 3 point shooting Rashard Lewis. That dude was a nice player.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Kuzma is a less accurate 3 point shooting Rashard Lewis. That dude was a nice player.

What's Kuzma's 3P% after tonight's game?

Lewis is a career 38% 3P shooter with his best year being 43%.

As long as he's alongside Lonzo, Kuz can do that.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Watched an interview by Rob in which he said Kuzma told them that at one point growing up in Flint he was actually homeless for a little bit. Rob says he had a 'tough upbringing'.

Kuzma throwing off positive energy out there. Legend

Damn. That is a tough life. Him and Calab Swanigan have inspirational stories.
SOLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

If Zubac doesn't improve, Nance will play the back-up 5 minutes and Kuzma will play the back-up 4.
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject:

he always brings energy and hustle. love this pick
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

that is actually a pretty good comp...had not thought about that one
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Less one on one/scoring potential, but more defensive potential. His ceiling is Klay Thompson at the 3/4 spot. I like the Robert Horry comp though. That's where he probably projects.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Less one on one/scoring potential, but more defensive potential. His ceiling is Klay Thompson at the 3/4 spot. I like the Robert Horry comp though. That's where he probably projects.

I did the Horry comp on draft night....I am usually not very good with player comps
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING!

Seriously, who would you rather see at the backup wing: Loul "he's dead Jim" Deng, Corey "22% 3P shooter" Brewer, or Kyle "the new hotness" Kuzma?

It's a clear choice fam.
He's sub-optimal at the 3 but you bring up a fair point. If his shooting is legit, I'd certainly rather see him get minutes at the backup 3 over Brewer. A second unit of Clarkson/Hart/Kuzma/Deng/Nance makes some sense. I also wouldn't mind the athleticism in a unit of Clarkson/Hart/Brewer/Kuzma/Nance.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

45%

http://basketball.realgm.com/player/Kyle-Kuzma/Summary/81004
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Megaton wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

45%

http://basketball.realgm.com/player/Kyle-Kuzma/Summary/81004

Thx man! I didn't know they did summer league stats over at RealGM
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Kumza this summer league

20-6-3-1.2-1.5

Beasting
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

But already a better passer than Lewis ever was IMO.

Lewis is a decent comp though it remains to be seen if he can keep up his shooting.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma drew a triple team
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 44 of 880
Jump to: