OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 377, 378, 379 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
Lonzo rocks a pair of magic Johnson Spalding shoes and plays in the "finals" as a rookie.

Boom.

*Magic walks over to Lonzo*

Magic: Take my shoes and energy Zo.

Amen! I'm sure that'd be a fitting finale!
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
dao wrote:
it's unfortunate that we didn't get to see how Ingram would fit into a Lonzo-centric offense.

We kinda sort did in the 1st game. 1st game nerves aside from Zo, Ingram was dominate from the first 10 seconds on.

Ingram gives us a go-to scorer to take pressure off Zo needing to create for others every single time. While giving Ingram better open looks in turn.

Ingram can also run the offense in the half court giving Lonzo spot up opportunities with Ingram drawing the defense. I think they fit perfectly well together. I'm curious as to how Randle fits with them, that's my only concern right now

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

I know everyone criticizes Lonzo for his defense and rightfully so, but DSJ wasn't exactly Gary Payton out there tonight. Sometimes you have to remember that these guys are 19 and nobody is an all around finished product at that age.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

defense wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
defense wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ocho wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ocho wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ocho wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
stupid to be so reckless with his minutes

His MPG isn't more than what a ton of other guys are getting. He's 6th in mpg for Vegas Summer League. He's not playing too many minutes, and it'll help get him into game shape. He needs reps.

He was just out of practice for a week.. And they're playing him for quarters at a time.. And it seems to have hobbled him more than helped his stamina, so

Hobbled? He got a cramp and has had some soreness. He's fine. And he needs to get used to playing NBA minutes.

Ya but he doesn't need to get thrown into the fire with minutes like that - after a week off of practice.......After having a groin issue.. First games in 3 months..
Hopefully it's just a cramp.

Nobody in Summer League has played for 3 months. The "fire" he has been thrown into is playing less minutes than Lauri Markannen. He's really not playing an especially large amount of minutes.

6th most in the tourney is a lot. After not practicing for a week. And at our pace of play.

The great Aaron Rogers once said "RELAX!"

If it's just a cramp it's fine. But calfs are tricky, like Van Gundy said

After we get these summer league rings he can get all the massages he wants, Vegas style.

AINT NO HAPPY ENDINGS IF ITS PULLED
lol
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject:

What a player we got on our hands. I said i couldnt believe our luck when the celtics passed on lonzo, and i feel even more confident now that we got the generational talent in this draft.

The hate for the Lakers is bordering on overflow right now. Saw a guy on realgm general board (sub reddit level troll cave) just say Lonzo will be a bust if he doesnt shoot 45% from 3 on high volume. Such sweet sweet hate, just shows We're back on the path to relevance
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Is Lonzo like the real-life Like Mike? Whomever shoes he wears, he inherits the skills
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
dao wrote:
it's unfortunate that we didn't get to see how Ingram would fit into a Lonzo-centric offense.

We kinda sort did in the 1st game. 1st game nerves aside from Zo, Ingram was dominate from the first 10 seconds on.

Ingram gives us a go-to scorer to take pressure off Zo needing to create for others every single time. While giving Ingram better open looks in turn.
we saw Ingram working as a sovereign entity in the first game. Most of the time he was working as an iso scorer, because Lonzo hadn't yet taken over the offense. With Lonzo running the show, Ingram is going to have to shoot open threes at a high enough clip to earn the defense's respect. If he can do that, I think he'll feast on attacking closeouts, which was arguably his greatest strength last year. I agree that Ingram will also be a safety valve, go-to type scorer as well. But I'm curious to see what sort of looks Lonzo can create for Ingram.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
What a player we got on our hands. I said i couldnt believe our luck when the celtics passed on lonzo, and i feel even more confident now that we got the generational talent in this draft.

The hate for the Lakers is bordering on overflow right now. Saw a guy on realgm general board (sub reddit level troll cave) just say Lonzo will be a bust if he doesnt shoot 45% from 3 on high volume. Such sweet sweet hate, just shows We're back on the path to relevance

such a hot trolling take by the haters.

I'm excited that he isn't having any issues getting to the basket when it's there and he is not struggling to get his shot off. Those are the 2 areas that concerned me coming out of UCLA. Kid is legit, his 3pt shot will come; the key imo was a question of could he get it off and he has with no issue.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
Megaton wrote:
dao wrote:

we saw Ingram working as a sovereign entity in the first game. Most of the time he was working as an iso scorer, because Lonzo hadn't yet taken over the offense. With Lonzo running the show, Ingram is going to have to shoot open threes at a high enough clip to earn the defense's respect. If he can do that, I think he'll feast on attacking closeouts, which was arguably his greatest strength last year. I agree that Ingram will also be a safety valve, go-to type scorer as well. But I'm curious to see what sort of looks Lonzo can create for Ingram.

Weve seen Ingram can get into the paint against anyone with his long strides and ballhandling. The absolute baseline expectation for ingram/lonzo combo is that lonzos passing gets him a step on his defender before he makes his move.

Just baseline, if his J doesnt improve one bit. Just run the floor and attack the rim, he'll get 6-8 free throws and 15 points a game just doing that and having lonzo find him. Baby Worthy
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
romeo wrote:
pokoy wrote:
PassTheBooze wrote:
Can't believe I wanted to pass on Ball for Jackson. Makes me cringe just thinking about it now. No doubt in my mind this Ball is going to be a special player in this league.

Yeah me too. Thought Jackson was the safer pick...

imagine we passed on him and were watching lonzo play like this for another team. its hard to hate on the guy too, he plays the right way. remember seeing ben simmons in summer league flash a couple passes and people were in awe.. lonzo does it everytime he touches the ball

It's exactly why I was when Ben Simmons was mentioned in the same conversation in passing with Ball.

Every 1 nice pass Simmons makes, Zo makes at least 5 of those a game.

Saw a bunch of UCLA games last year. Ball is a game changer. Pretty much knew the Lakers were going to get him if they had a chance at the pick. Magic pretty much sees the mirror image of himself in Ball, which is why he is so high on him. Once you get past the noise his dad makes in the public eye, you realize Ball is a can't miss player. I can see why the 76ers and Celtics passed on him since they drafted on need rather than best player available.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject:

So if we win tomorrow who gets the MVP?

Lonzo or Kuz
keananyu2015
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Every 20 years a new dynasty begins.
1960 Baylor and West
1980 Magic and Kareem
2000 Kobe and Shaq
2020 Ball and Ingram
I see a pattern
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject:

LONZO!!!!!
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
So if we win tomorrow who gets the MVP?

Lonzo or Kuz

Lonzo could not play and he still might win
zofro
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject:

I don't know if that has been discussed yet but you guys think there's a slim chance zo makes the Allstar game as PG in the west this year? I mean isnt it a fan vote thing anyway?
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject:

zofro wrote:
I don't know if that has been discussed yet but you guys think there's a slim chance zo makes the Allstar game as PG in the west this year? I mean isnt it a fan vote thing anyway?

here's the thing. if he keeps doing this. its going to be hilarious to watch people turn themselves into pretzels trying not to love him. see its one thing to hate a super scorer like kobe because you want him to pass more(thats not his nature per se). vs hating a humble kid who all of his teammates love and he literally makes everyone on his team better. and plays "the right way" so to speak.

he just might sneak in that allstar game if the lakers are actually winning games and he's doing this.

there's more than enough laker fans to get him in there.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject:

I have noticed an interesting trend with this Lonzo Ball.

Everywhere he plays, his teams get better and win more.

He has a great combination of talent, leadership and humility.

I am all in on this kid, all in 100%
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

zofro wrote:

Lonzo is killing all other rookies in jersey sales, is on the most marketable team in the league with a fan base that can pencil him in the game alone. Not to mention many people know of him already.

We can break the all star game fam. The Big Baller Brand will approve.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Guys/Gals. The man dropped 10 dimes with zero turnovers and the game wasnt over yet.

http://www.nba.com/games/20170716/LALDAL#/boxscore
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject:

zofro wrote:

Not a chance. Curry, WB, Harden are all locks. I could see him leading the rookies to victory over the soph team though.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject:

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1596542

Lonzo has his own thread on the Celtics forum

Check it out before they delete it.

Last edited by socalsp3 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ocho wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
stupid to be so reckless with his minutes

His MPG isn't more than what a ton of other guys are getting. He's 6th in mpg for Vegas Summer League. He's not playing too many minutes, and it'll help get him into game shape. He needs reps.

He was just out of practice for a week.. And they're playing him for quarters at a time.. And it seems to have hobbled him more than helped his stamina, so

Hobbled?

Dude he had a cramp. He's fine. Sit for a couple of hours and you're good as new.

What will most likely happen is he starts playing tomorrow but if he shows any signs of pain like that again, then he sits out. Simple.
and odds are he will show pain tomorrow.

he's in the red when it comes to his body. the reason is he hasnt played much since march. only practiced doing drills. making sure not to get injured, thats why he admitted to being super winded during the first game. then the way this thing is setup. they dont have time off really. its back to back to back now. thats too many games for most guys, let alone a rookie, that isnt built like a tank, that hasnt had much 5 v 5 up and down hoop since march.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
zofro wrote:

Not a chance. Curry, WB, Harden are all locks. I could see him leading the rookies to victory over the soph team though.

More than 3 guards make the all star team yo. I don't think the East team last season had a all star Center.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
dao wrote:
Megaton wrote:
dao wrote:

Weve seen Ingram can get into the paint against anyone with his long strides and ballhandling. The absolute baseline expectation for ingram/lonzo combo is that lonzos passing gets him a step on his defender before he makes his move.

Just baseline, if his J doesnt improve one bit. Just run the floor and attack the rim, he'll get 6-8 free throws and 15 points a game just doing that and having lonzo find him. Baby Worthy
good take, I agree. That's basically the same thing Lavar said about Ingram a few weeks ago. He said that Lonzo will turn Ingram into a more lethal slasher.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
zofro wrote:

More than 3 guards make the all star team yo. I don't think the East team last season had a all star Center.

Butler, Klay, CP3.

Come on, the west is loaded with great guards. I think Lonzo has a legit shot at ROY, but all-star? Not as a rookie.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 377, 378, 379 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 378 of 1688
Jump to: