OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 378, 379, 380 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Ingram not playing was the best thing for Lonzo. he took over the offense and asserted himself instead of defering to Ingram
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

Ziggy wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
zofro wrote:
I don't know if that has been discussed yet but you guys think there's a slim chance zo makes the Allstar game as PG in the west this year? I mean isnt it a fan vote thing anyway?

Not a chance. Curry, WB, Harden are all locks. I could see him leading the rookies to victory over the soph team though.

More than 3 guards make the all star team yo. I don't think the East team last season had a all star Center.

Butler, Klay, CP3.

Come on, the west is loaded with great guards. I think Lonzo has a legit shot at ROY, but all-star? Not as a rookie.

Not saying he should either.

Juuuuuuuusssssssttttt saying....we got fans. And we can vote.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

Ziggy wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
zofro wrote:
I don't know if that has been discussed yet but you guys think there's a slim chance zo makes the Allstar game as PG in the west this year? I mean isnt it a fan vote thing anyway?

Not a chance. Curry, WB, Harden are all locks. I could see him leading the rookies to victory over the soph team though.

More than 3 guards make the all star team yo. I don't think the East team last season had a all star Center.

Butler, Klay, CP3.

Come on, the west is loaded with great guards. I think Lonzo has a legit shot at ROY, but all-star? Not as a rookie.

its a fan vote. don't vote against the laker brand and their fans
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
zofro wrote:

Butler, Klay, CP3.

Make Jeanie happy everyone. Vote in Lonzo!
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
zofro wrote:

Butler, Klay, CP3.

Make Jeanie happy everyone. Vote in Lonzo!

We will make the Big Baller Brand happy playa.
Black Sheep
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject:

These injuries are starting to scare me a little. Lonzo's hip in the tournament, then his groin and now his calf.

Otherwise he looks great out there.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1596542

Lonzo has his own thread on the Celtics forum

Check it out before they delete it.

Love this the mix of denial and fear is tantalizing

Last edited by BadGuy on Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1596542

Lonzo has his own thread on the Celtics forum

Check it out before they delete it.

nice find. They seem very high on him, sounds like LG.

Quote:
Lonzo Ball look legit

Quote:
Will we regret passing on him? He gets guys easy buckets and with his length can guard 1 through 3. He would have paired nicely with IT in the backcourt. An investment in Lonzo would have increased our return on Jaylen making him an even more lethal fast break threat and more efficient in sets.

At one point you say here are our big three in shots (it, heyward and jaylen) then factor in horford morris, and Crowder, there aren't that many shots left. Looks like lonzo would have enhanced all their games while giving us the best chance to win immediately.

Not that Tatum isn't nice, but from a roster and shot perspective, ball would have been perfect.

Quote:
More fun to root against him vs for him IMO. Biggest piece of premade hollywood Lakers propaganda probably ever.

You can taste the plastic--- gross.

Quote:
He's a cool cat. He doesn't whine or showboat. He's just playing his ass off and only focused on the game, no antics. Lots of respect for Lonzo.

Quote:
is he good yes but is he lights and day better than tatum nope. Most of balls stuff seems staged like you said I also have felt that way so far.

Quote:
My only hope is that his defense absolutely terrible, and that he can't get in the paint, and is effectively a spot-up shooter on offense, because he gets rejected too much. This is my prayer, because I just need him to be terrible for one season. :pray:

Quote:

DJax burnt him time and time again. He couldn't turn the corner against any of our guys that played him and he is shooting low-mid 30s. He can pass and has good instincts for sure

Quote:
If you think like that then kuzma > Tatum. Kuzma outplayed Tatum when they played each other and kuzma has been killing it ever since. Ball is legit based on what Ive seen so far. People calling him a bust after the first game is stupid. I love Lonzo. Theres something special about him. Can't explain it. The way he impacts the game by making everyone's better is crazy. Before the summer league game started I was like no way Lonzo ain't getting a triple double because nobody has never done it in a summer league game before. Oh boy was I wrong about him.

Quote:
Ball is a star in the making...Fultz and Tatum will be stars too.
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Black Sheep wrote:
These injuries are starting to scare me a little. Lonzo's hip in the tournament, then his groin and now his calf.

Yeah I'm fine with him sitting out the championship game. He has shown us so much this summer, I feel so spoiled.
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject:

So since everyone is paying attention to his shoe choice, for the final game is he wearing Big Baller? Basically saying this is brand you wear when you're playing for a championship?
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Lakers can troll the league again by deciding to sit lonzo for final game.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject:

lordtrapula wrote:
Black Sheep wrote:

Yeah I'm fine with him sitting out the championship game. He has shown us so much this summer, I feel so spoiled.

The new SPL format is pretty dumb having them play so many games in such a short span. You'd hate to see any player get hurt let alone of our own.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject:

He pretty much said he would have gone back into the game if it were a regular season game. the trainers were just being cautious since it's summer league.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Celtics could have won it all if they drafted lonzo with the way they play defense 😂

Bruh, I thought Lonzo ball was the best player in the draft and I really didn't even think it was close, but this kid is exceeding even my expectations out the gate. I did not expect him to be able to Create his own offense as often as he's been able to. If brook Lopez is going to be at the 3p line, Lonzo is gonna get to the basket pretty damn regularly.

btw...players are gonna be trying to be physical, take dirty shots and talk a lot of (bleep) to Lonzo because of his dad. Lakers were smart to go get KCP and keep randle around. Since we still have a couple of spots I wouldn't mind bringing back metta just to sit at the end of the bench in case teams get out of hand with it.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I have noticed an interesting trend with this Lonzo Ball.

Everywhere he plays, his teams get better and win more.

He has a great combination of talent, leadership and humility.

I am all in on this kid, all in 100%

A very important point
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Some QFTOS

phifans wrote:
Quote:
So the bad side is we probably paid deep price to get the first pick but failed to end up with the best player in this class.
And the good side is with Ball leading the lakers they may not be that bad to handle Celtics another top 5 pick and Sac seems to do some smart moves to ensure their pick in 19 wont be that high either.
So that means maybe we didnt pay that much to get Fultz....
Oh well ... :roll:

Quote:
There is no "probably" in it. The 76ers traded up to take a player that neither Boston or the Lakers were ever going to take, and wasn't even one of the best three (3) players in the draft. SMH. It's done now. Hopefully he is a good NBA player and fits well with what the 76ers already have.

PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Some QFTOS

phifans wrote:
Quote:
So the bad side is we probably paid deep price to get the first pick but failed to end up with the best player in this class.
And the good side is with Ball leading the lakers they may not be that bad to handle Celtics another top 5 pick and Sac seems to do some smart moves to ensure their pick in 19 wont be that high either.

Quote:
There is no "probably" in it. The 76ers traded up to take a player that neither Boston or the Lakers were ever going to take, and wasn't even one of the best three (3) players in the draft. SMH. It's done now. Hopefully he is a good NBA player and fits well with what the 76ers already have.

This is why you don't draft based on highlights lol
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Some QFTOS

phifans wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Or draft players that can't take their college team to the tournament.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo's been incredible so far. Well beyond my imagination. Hope these injuries are just freak occurrences and not a sign of things to come. I hpoe it might just be his body adjusting to real elite level training.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject:

BALL DON'T LIE
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Some QFTOS

phifans wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Or draft players that can't take their college team to the tournament.

A lot of their losses were lopsided too. Most experts here believed he is that clear cut number 1. Kid is good but I just don't see the intangibles that he can bring and impact the game.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
Lonzo's been incredible so far. Well beyond my imagination. Hope these injuries are just freak occurrences and not a sign of things to come. I hpoe it might just be his body adjusting to real elite level training.

It's all precautions. At the end of the day, these games are meaningless.
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject:

I think the thing about Lonzo is that confidence he brings. He will passing it to you, even if you miss. It instills confidence in his team.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject:

It's amazing how truly yin and yang Lavar and Lonzo are. Lonzo is real on the court and real in interviews. Even haters will have to dig deep to hate.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
Ingram not playing was the best thing for Lonzo. he took over the offense and asserted himself instead of defering to Ingram

Ingram not playing was the best thing for Kuzma.

We should've convinced Deng, Randle and Clarkson to play Summer League and we'd have them all traded by now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 378, 379, 380 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 379 of 1688
Jump to: