OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GabKoost
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:
Go with the killer small line-up and have Brook come off the bench. Kuzma needs to start. We'd run every other team out of the gym.

Brook Lopez is one of the few Centers that are 7'0 and, can run and shoot from 3.

In other words, Brook Lopez is perfect for a small ball line up without losing size down low.

I don't think we should bench Brook in any circumstance. Kuzma, Randle and Nance are all extremely mobile 4's. If Kuzma keeps shooting like this, he will take Randle and Nance minutes EASILY.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject:

GabKoost wrote:
Scoffs wrote:
Go with the killer small line-up and have Brook come off the bench. Kuzma needs to start. We'd run every other team out of the gym.

Brook Lopez is one of the few Centers that are 7'0 and, can run and shoot from 3.

In other words, Brook Lopez is perfect for a small ball line up without losing size down low.

I don't think we should bench Brook in any circumstance. Kuzma, Randle and Nance are all extremely mobile 4's. If Kuzma keeps shooting like this, he will take Randle and Nance minutes EASILY.

There's more to basketball than scoring. The kid plays good defense and scores but nance and randle do a whole lot of things that Kuzma doesn't. Nance makes winning plays and I'm pretty sure he's a laker for life. Julius still has all star potential even if he doesn't fit as seemlesly as Kuzma, he's still more gifted. Imo randle is gonna beast Kuzma in training camp...I think he's a bad matchup for Kuzma all around.
captain jack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Jhin0821 wrote:
M2K wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
El Seano wrote:
I checked out a Nets Live Thread for the game over at SB Nation and when their fans weren't saying that they don't get the big deal about Lonzo they were on suicide watch that we got Kuzma with their pick.

Then they said it's only summer league and summer league doesn't count.

I did the same thing. They hated the Dlo trade at the onset before knowing how good Kuzma is. They are beside themselves right now and most are saying 'same old Nets' in regards to another stupid trade.

Kuzma is taking some of the heat off the DLO trade... which is good for us since the deal went through.

I love seeing the chemistry between Ball and Kuzma... like the play where Kuzma lasered the ball to Lonzo at the top of the key for a 3. Nice!

If Magic doesn't land FA next summer it was bonehead trade. Won't matter what Dlo does. Why would you trade for capspace when you can't even use it?

I'm not certain that you understand what the lakers were able to do by trading d'angelo. Regardless if we don't sign a top free agent -- getting rid of mosgovs contract and an immature know it all player w/gimpy knees at 21 was good biz. The Lakers are way better off in the long run.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject:

He's got legit skills. Summer league or not, if you can shoot, you can shoot. If you have a fast release, you have a fast release. Doesnt matter who you play against, that will translate.
I can already conclude he will be a hell of a player. Players that usually dominate summer league but cant do the same against NBA players rely either on their physical gifts or they have a few go to moves but their offensive game isnt complete so once they are read and face better competition they fall off.

Kuzma can shoot and he has a fast release. That will translate. Level of competition doesnt make any difference...

That trade with the Nets was a highway robbery from the get go, wih Kuzma we're adding insult to injury.
Gosh Nets make terrible trades.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject:

captain jack wrote:
Jhin0821 wrote:
M2K wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
El Seano wrote:
I checked out a Nets Live Thread for the game over at SB Nation and when their fans weren't saying that they don't get the big deal about Lonzo they were on suicide watch that we got Kuzma with their pick.

Then they said it's only summer league and summer league doesn't count.

I did the same thing. They hated the Dlo trade at the onset before knowing how good Kuzma is. They are beside themselves right now and most are saying 'same old Nets' in regards to another stupid trade.

Kuzma is taking some of the heat off the DLO trade... which is good for us since the deal went through.

I love seeing the chemistry between Ball and Kuzma... like the play where Kuzma lasered the ball to Lonzo at the top of the key for a 3. Nice!

If Magic doesn't land FA next summer it was bonehead trade. Won't matter what Dlo does. Why would you trade for capspace when you can't even use it?

I'm not certain that you understand what the lakers were able to do by trading d'angelo. Regardless if we don't sign a top free agent -- getting rid of mosgovs contract and an immature know it all player w/gimpy knees at 21 was good biz. The Lakers are way better off in the long run.

If they don't get anyone it reduces the value of getting rid of Mozgov among other things.
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject:

The only thing about him that I saw was he can get a little wild when trying to create his own offense. I think he had turnovers and terrible shots when trying to get his on an I so face up game
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject:

KB824MJ wrote:
The only thing about him that I saw was he can get a little wild when trying to create his own offense. I think he had turnovers and terrible shots when trying to get his on an I so face up game

Yea he's not an ISO player, par for the modern course.. In terms of putting the ball on the floor - he'll be very competent there in stretch PF situations - attacking on fake DHO's every blue moon, and attacking closeouts pretty frequently. And he can pass when he does so. He'll be even more willing to pass when he isn't arguably the best scorer in the lineup, in a SL setting ---- leads to bad ISO's for a lot of players
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KB824MJ wrote:

Yea he's not an ISO player, par for the modern course.. In terms of putting the ball on the floor - he'll be very competent there in stretch PF situations - attacking on fake DHO's every blue moon, and attacking closeouts pretty frequently.
I'm sure he can work on his weaknesses, but dude does know how to defend and can defend multiple positions. I think this positionless era is nice for basketball.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject:

KB824MJ wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KB824MJ wrote:

Yea he's not an ISO player, par for the modern course.. In terms of putting the ball on the floor - he'll be very competent there in stretch PF situations - attacking on fake DHO's every blue moon, and attacking closeouts pretty frequently.
I'm sure he can work on his weaknesses, but dude does know how to defend and can defend multiple positions. I think this positionless era is nice for basketball.

Can't wait to see how good he can be defensively. He's been moving his feet great in SL. And Pelinka praised how he talks on D..
DanielKetch
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Kuzma is a less accurate 3 point shooting Rashard Lewis. That dude was a nice player.

Less one on one/scoring potential, but more defensive potential. His ceiling is Klay Thompson at the 3/4 spot. I like the Robert Horry comp though. That's where he probably projects.

I did the Horry comp on draft night....I am usually not very good with player comps

Kuz carries himself with a little more confidence and offensive aggression then Horry (which is a good thing)... But definitely similar in that they both do a little bit of everything and help fill up a stat sheet - if anything, he definitely more like the Houston Rockets Horry than the Lakers Horry.

Btw, the younger Horry used to draw Scottie Pippen comparisons... Imagine if Ku was able to hone his defense to guard 1-4 and even smaller 5s... wow
lakersboi1993
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject:

Indiana gone feel this when George get here this dude looking like a stud
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:39 am    Post subject:

KUZMA IS THE REAL DEAL!
His scoring average is 20.5 points on 48.4 percent shooting from the field and 45 percent from three.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject:

Kuzmas minutes are going to go way down once the regular season starts. I hope he can be as effective in a more limited role.

Great start for the kid though. His shooting will drop, but what I love is his passing. Wasnt expecting that.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Kuzmas minutes are going to go way down once the regular season starts. I hope he can be as effective in a more limited role.

Great start for the kid though. His shooting will drop, but what I love is his passing. Wasnt expecting that.

I love the way the kid runs the floor and he is quick and can finish. If you give him an opening, he can get to the basket pretty quickly and can handle the ball and such.

He truly does seem to fit in the modern NBA very well. I don't recall much from him at Utah, could be a case of a college coach misusing a talent.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I love the way the kid runs the floor and he is quick and can finish. If you give him an opening, he can get to the basket pretty quickly and can handle the ball and such.

He truly does seem to fit in the modern NBA very well. I don't recall much from him at Utah, could be a case of a college coach misusing a talent.

honestly, the kid just missed a lot of shots at Utah....stroke looks the same, they just did not fall
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

honestly, the kid just missed a lot of shots at Utah....stroke looks the same, they just did not fall

Seems like it. Nice compact shot. Looks consistent, quick release. He's a keeper.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject:

Kuuuuzzzz will be an anchor on the second unit. I wonder how he'll play with JC though since he's shown such great chemistry with Lonzo. Looking forward to the small ball lineup with him and Nance.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
Kuuuuzzzz will be an anchor on the second unit. I wonder how he'll play with JC though since he's shown such great chemistry with Lonzo. Looking forward to the small ball lineup with him and Nance.

seems like a versatile plug and play type of player
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Can't wait to see how good he can be defensively. He's been moving his feet great in SL. And Pelinka praised how he talks on D..

The quick feet have really been standing out. And he's not weak against stronger players either. It's not just the find, it's finding the best fit and this dude plays so well with Zo. Someone made the comparison that he's got some skills similar Dray Green. I know, it's only SL but I've been surprised how well he reads the floor as a passer and ball handler. He juked RHJ something nasty last night and that's no slouch on D.
LonzoBall
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject:

KuzGOAT
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

The kid has been on fire since the draft combine. Agree that 45% is very high, but this kid can really shoot and has been doing so for months now.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject:

He's going to be more open than he ever has been when Ingram and Ball are on the court together next season. Assuming we see the 2nd half iteration of Ingram, a lot of defenders are going to overcommit to him in the post, and Kuz's gotta be ready. For that reason, I can see Kuz averaging 14-15 ppg in his second or third year easily. He's skilled enough to do it.

I'm excited. I'm not sure how he'll fit into the rotation with Randle-Nance, but he'll definitely get PT if he's hitting open shots. It's possible we could see a line up of Ball-Ingram-Kuz-Randle-Nance at some point.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
GabKoost wrote:
Scoffs wrote:

There's more to basketball than scoring. The kid plays good defense and scores but nance and randle do a whole lot of things that Kuzma doesn't. Nance makes winning plays and I'm pretty sure he's a laker for life. Julius still has all star potential even if he doesn't fit as seemlesly as Kuzma, he's still more gifted. Imo randle is gonna beast Kuzma in training camp...I think he's a bad matchup for Kuzma all around.

I get the gist of your point. However, I fall on the it's a "good" matchup side of the equation. There's no better way for him to experience the difference between NBA level talent with his team mate, and SL league talent, which we know is far inferior.

It'll make Kuzma better as a result. Let's just say something good, like learning and growth, can come out of the bad matchup.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
He's going to be more open than he ever has been when Ingram and Ball are on the court together next season. Assuming we see the 2nd half iteration of Ingram, a lot of defenders are going to overcommit to him in the post, and Kuz's gotta be ready. For that reason, I can see Kuz averaging 14-15 ppg in his second or third year easily. He's skilled enough to do it.

I'm excited. I'm not sure how he'll fit into the rotation with Randle-Nance, but he'll definitely get PT if he's hitting open shots. It's possible we could see a line up of Ball-Ingram-Kuz-Randle-Nance at some point.

That's the lineup I want to see.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject:

I've said this before and I'll say it again, but this kid is the real deal and I like how he plays the game. If anyone hasn't noticed, his strongest skill maybe his basketball IQ. I've seen him make some good decisions on the floor with the ball and without the ball, setting up his teammates and playing some really solid defense.
All jokes aside, Ingram did not shoot this well in last years summer league and truth be told hasn't proved to shoot this well yet so far. I'm sure he's improved, but I believe Kuzma gives us added depth and versatility. Can you picture these lineups in a game.

Ball + KCP + Ingram + Kuzma + Randle

"Who Let the Dogs Out" that is a fast paced offense that many, may not want to contend against, not to mention that they are huge... You could also do this.

Ball + Ingram + Kuzma + Randle + Nance Jr.
I think this lineup is even worse to go up against. Ingram and Kuzma can definitely guard on the wings so they would have a significant height advantage over and guards up top.

He's going to be special as a player for the Lakers and add leverage to our team in more ways than one.

It is only Summer League, but I believe this has been one of the better summer leagues in years, not just for the Lakers, but teams are playing older veteran players to get them more experience and help mature their younger guys so it makes for stiffer competition. This has been a great summer for the Lakers, the best in a long time...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 45 of 880
Jump to: