OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 379, 380, 381 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject:

KB824MJ wrote:
I think the thing about Lonzo is that confidence he brings. He will passing it to you, even if you miss. It instills confidence in his team.

He makes it easy for his teammates to make their decision when they get the ball which is to shoot or move it for a better shot. Indecision lowers shooting pct and increases turnovers. This is the Lonzo Effect, its why team shooting pct goes up and turnovers go down.
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
KB824MJ wrote:
I think the thing about Lonzo is that confidence he brings. He will passing it to you, even if you miss. It instills confidence in his team.

He makes it easy for his teammates to make their decision when they get the ball which is to shoot or move it for a better shot. Indecision lowers shooting pct and increases turnovers. This is the Lonzo Effect, its why team shooting pct goes up and turnovers go down.
speaking of turnovers he was great the first couple of games with keeping them low then the last couple of games, except for tonight they ballooned. I do think he's a smart player that is learning with better competition. This tournament has helped these guys a lot.

Oh, and for all this shoe craze he has had his best shooting performance in Nike lol
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Username wrote:
Lonzo's been incredible so far. Well beyond my imagination. Hope these injuries are just freak occurrences and not a sign of things to come. I hpoe it might just be his body adjusting to real elite level training.

It's all precautions. At the end of the day, these games are meaningless.

Yeah Im ok with him not playing. He did what he came to LV do. SL is solely for talent evaluation. He proved to be the best player in SL. Mission accomplished. No point in risking injury in meaningless games. I dont think he needs to play next year. He graduated SL.
#StayInYoLane
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Username wrote:
Lonzo's been incredible so far. Well beyond my imagination. Hope these injuries are just freak occurrences and not a sign of things to come. I hpoe it might just be his body adjusting to real elite level training.

Yeah Im ok with him not playing. He did what he came to LV do. SL is solely for talent evaluation. He proved to be the best player in SL. Mission accomplished. No point in risking injury in meaningless games. I dont think he needs to play next year. He graduated SL.

But his goal was to win SL, remember ?
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject:

wait there are actually philly fans that aren't on the fultz train?

lol
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:58 am    Post subject:

#StayInYoLane wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Username wrote:

But his goal was to win SL, remember ?

Mamba mentality if he plays tomorrow. He needs to call the other team soft as charmin as well.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject:

Seems premature to post this after a few Summer League games, but the kid looks like a future MVP . . . and that future isn't very far off.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:24 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Seems premature to post this after a few Summer League games, but the kid looks like a future MVP . . . and that future isn't very far off.

2018 baby!
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:44 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Celtics could have won it all if they drafted lonzo with the way they play defense 😂

Bruh, I thought Lonzo ball was the best player in the draft and I really didn't even think it was close, but this kid is exceeding even my expectations out the gate. I did not expect him to be able to Create his own offense as often as he's been able to. If brook Lopez is going to be at the 3p line, Lonzo is gonna get to the basket pretty damn regularly.

btw...players are gonna be trying to be physical, take dirty shots and talk a lot of (bleep) to Lonzo because of his dad. Lakers were smart to go get KCP and keep randle around. Since we still have a couple of spots I wouldn't mind bringing back metta just to sit at the end of the bench in case teams get out of hand with it.

Hadn't thought of that. Good idea to keep a few enforcer types around for a rookie with a target on him like Lonzo. Maybe Ron Artest could become an assistant coach or something and sit on the bench and glare at opponents like only he can.

What's Charles Oakley up to these days? Give him a ten-day if teams start getting rough with Lonzo.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:51 am    Post subject:

Let's not be modest. All Star, MVP, ROY, Finals MVP, triple double average.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:45 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

I won't be surprised if he accomplishes all of these in his career
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:50 am    Post subject:

If he avg 9ast he's getting Roy
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

I won't be surprised if he accomplishes all of these in his career

Me neither, he's that good.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:19 am    Post subject:

I'd love for Kobe to teach him how to work better in the post, teach him footwork, and midrange. If Zo can add these aspects to his already impressive game, look out.

I saw him post up once last night and he hit a nice little fadeaway. With his size and passing ability, he can get that shot anytime he wants. I also saw a midrange floater in the game before. It looked natural and I'd like to see more of that.

He needs to consistently add these to his game and I think he eventually will. I haven't been this excited about a Laker rookie since Kobe. Free agents will want to play with this dude.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:38 am    Post subject:

This dude is frickin incredible! The Lakers have been blessed!
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:45 am    Post subject:

I think it's pretty obvious Lonzo is going to be one of those players who makes even average players look like really good players.

Hope everyone keeps their expectations realistic, he's going to be good, but he is going to have his ups and downs as he grows in the league. Still he looks like he is going to have impact immediately this season and will be a star in LA. He has the brashness around him but not in him, it's a good combo.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:45 am    Post subject:

If you're a big time scorer, you're going to want to play with this kid. He won't monopolize the ball and he'll get you easy buckets. I could imagine PG13 for example having a great scoring year with Lonzo facilitating. Takes a lot of the hard work out of having to ISO your way into scoring.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:48 am    Post subject:

Quote:
eric sondheimer ✔ @latsondheimer
Lonzo Ball is showing basketball is a simple game. What works in high school can work in college and work in the NBA. It's fundamentals.

Quote:
Kevin Pelton @kpelton
I feel sorry for people who are too busy complaining about Lonzo Ball hype to enjoy watching him play.

Quote:
Ricky O'Donnell ✔ @SBN_Ricky
Lonzo makes all of his teammates the best versions of themselves just by being on the floor. How many NBA players can you say that about?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject:

Lonzo tweaked a muscle. I hope it's not the shoes. I wish he'd settle on one make. I hope his shoes are fitted. Even if they are there has to be a difference.

C'mon Man, get a BBB manufacturer and stop with the messing around. I hope this different shoe every night is a ploy to sign a shoe deal. Giter done Zo.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ricardoJPC
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject:

was seeing some DSJ highlights on youtube and in the comment section there were lots of people saying lonzo is a bust and the 10 assists was a fluke because everyone was making threes on the lakers team. Really, sometimes i think that,outside of this board, no one has a clue about basketball
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject:

ricardoJPC wrote:
was seeing some DSJ highlights on youtube and in the comment section there were lots of people saying lonzo is a bust and the 10 assists was a fluke because everyone was making threes on the lakers team. Really, sometimes i think that,outside of this board, no one has a clue about basketball

DSJ's game doesn't amplify anything except his box score. His game and in the past, his attitude isn't conducive to actually winning games. Everyone will be rationalizing about how Ball's success is based on having "perfect teammates for his skill set", just like at UCLA. It just tells you who does and doesn't have a clue. It seems that everywhere Ball goes, he's lucky to have teammates that compliment him. What a coincidence.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject:

ricardoJPC wrote:

I've noticed that Youtube, Facebook, IG and Twitter to a lesser extent aren't really that knowledgeable regarding sports/NBA. Calling them casual fans would be a compliment. The more hardcore basketball fans tend to populate the message boards like RealGM, LG and Reddit.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject:

ricardoJPC wrote:

There are people on this board saying the same thing. Glad As Hell LS Calmed Them Da F*** Down.

Smith isn't what the Lakers need. He's shoot first. I saw him drive the lane and had a teammate open on the wing. He took three or more dribbles to get HIMSELF open instead of passing to the wing.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
This dude is frickin incredible! The Lakers have been blessed!

I agree, and I admit that I wasn't a Lonzo fan, in fact I wanted Fox. Probably because I did not believe the hype from his dad and his performance in college did not seem like a big deal. However now I see what a great orchestrator he is and the way he changes his teammates. His dad is right, point guards are not measured by stats but by wins, and Lonzo does what it takes to win.
I'm tired of reading how bad his shot is, or how he doesn't defend etc. He simply does what it takes to win plain and simple. That's what made Magic such a great player, he knew how to drive that great engine with that 80's Lakers team.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
I'd love for Kobe to teach him how to work better in the post, teach him footwork, and midrange. If Zo can add these aspects to his already impressive game, look out.

I saw him post up once last night and he hit a nice little fadeaway. With his size and passing ability, he can get that shot anytime he wants. I also saw a midrange floater in the game before. It looked natural and I'd like to see more of that.

He needs to consistently add these to his game and I think he eventually will. I haven't been this excited about a Laker rookie since Kobe. Free agents will want to play with this dude.

Lakers need to get both BI and Lonzo heavy time with both Kobe and Magic. Both can learn so much from those 2 and if they could learn from those 2 together, oh my.

Magic has talked about working with Zo and BI said he plans to work with Kobe but I want to see them all work with one another.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 379, 380, 381 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 380 of 1688
Jump to: