PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
another sweep. 9 game winning streak

Go Blue!
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject:

It wasn't pretty but the result was still the same, another W.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Another W. Day off tomorrow and then to Chicago to play the white sox an AL team. Kershaw pitching.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject:

So the Nats finally addressed their bullpen, getting both Madson and Doolittle from the A's. I'd love to get either Britton (if healthy) or Justin Wilson.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Arizona lost again. Dodgers lead in division is 10.5 games.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
K2 wrote:
LakerFan1972 wrote:
Wood 11-0. Amazing.

Best start that I can ever recall. I remember Fernando went 8-0 as a rookie and Fernandomania was in full swing.

Yeah, the crazy thing is he went 9 innings in ALL 8 games . Gave up 2 runs through his first 7 and gave up 2 in game #8. It was the most dominant 8 inning stretch ever imo.

That was an unbelievable stretch, will probably never see anything like that again. While Hershiser had the 59 innings scoreless streak, there's something to be said for rookie Valenzuela going the distance in those games (he pitched 9 frames in an extra innings game finished by Steve Howe). That year, he led all pitchers in strikeouts, shutouts, innings pitched, and complete games.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
32 wrote:
If Puig can continue playing like this into the fall we are going to be really tough to beat. I have been his biggest critic the last couple of years mostly for his mental approach to the game. But this year he has vastly improved his game so far.

His relationship with his teammates is the best it's ever been. You can tell he's bought in and has the mentality that Roberts wants from him. In the past, there was always a rumor here or there that someone in the clubhouse was upset with him (even Kershaw!). But you just don't see that anymore.

And it's all because of Dave Roberts. What a manager.

Not really. Dave Roberts and "Manager of the Year" should only ever be said sarcastically.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
32 wrote:
If Puig can continue playing like this into the fall we are going to be really tough to beat. I have been his biggest critic the last couple of years mostly for his mental approach to the game. But this year he has vastly improved his game so far.

His relationship with his teammates is the best it's ever been. You can tell he's bought in and has the mentality that Roberts wants from him. In the past, there was always a rumor here or there that someone in the clubhouse was upset with him (even Kershaw!). But you just don't see that anymore.

Not really. Dave Roberts and "Manager of the Year" should only ever be said sarcastically.

What do you have against Dave Roberts?
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
32 wrote:

What problem do you have with Dave Roberts?
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
So the Nats finally addressed their bullpen, getting both Madson and Doolittle from the A's. I'd love to get either Britton (if healthy) or Justin Wilson.

Not bad a deal even if one of their new players is another oft-injured ex-A. Justin Wilson is a nice hard thrower albeit without a very consistent resume which could make him more affordable. Ironically was one of our draft picks. Britton is an ex closer who may cost too much given his impressive resume despite pitching in a hitter friendly AL East.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject:

i get it ESPN is notoriously known for hyping everything Yankees and Redsox, but not only they ignore Dodger's current streak, but they're on a mission to put Puig (who's having a comeback season of his career) under their microscope hoping something would escalated into Puig does something stupid. Puig's reaction after each bat has been front page on ESPN main headlines if you're paying attention, unfortunately i have been.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
32 wrote:

He's not a good manager.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
32 wrote:

He's not a good manager.

Seriouslyl?
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
32 wrote:

He's not a good manager.

Who else could the Dodgers have gotten that would be better than him? Bud Black? I doubt that.

He's way better than Mattingly that's for sure.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
32 wrote:

He's not a good manager.

lol..

If you do not like Roberts, just say you do not like Roberts.

Saying he is not a good manager makes you look silly.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
32 wrote:

He's not a good manager.

There are very very few men who I'd even consider Roberts right now. He's managed this team perfectly, and he has everyone working together as more a cohesive unit than I've seen in years.

Really, who's better? Showalter? Maddon? Both have made some pretty serious managerial blunders, particularly with their bullpens. I can't say they'd do any better than Roberts with this team. Maddon in particular lucked out last year. AGon is called safe (which he was) and that is probably us playing in the World Series. Showalter left Britton on the bench as his team lost in the win-and-in wild card game. I don't know if I'd even trade Roberts for Bochy at this point. He's a young manager with a young team and he's only going to get better.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
He's not a good manager.

Out of curiosity, who would you consider a good manager? Dave Roberts and his entire coaching staff has done a very good job with the team the last couple of seasons. There are some areas that they can improve, but you can say that about any team. He has done well maximizing the team's strengths and minimizing their weaknesses so far.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject:

In the past 2 years there is literally no case for Dave Roberts being a bad manager. This is the equivalent to saying Byron was a good coach in 2015 and 2016.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject:

this feels surreal to me, please dodgers win the world series, i would cry.

FML are we peaking too early?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:

Never can tell with these things. Cubs went wire to wire pretty much dominating last year and went all the way. Obviously we need to be hot in October, but kicking arse now isn't mutually exclusive of the former.
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Lol at Doc not being a good manager.

Troll job hard!
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
marga86 wrote:

Never can tell with these things. Cubs went wire to wire pretty much dominating last year and went all the way. Obviously we need to be hot in October, but kicking arse now isn't mutually exclusive of the former.

Lol there is always something to complain about. If they aren't winning enough they should win more if they go on an historic run they are peaking too soon. Theres no winning with fans.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
marga86 wrote:

Lol there is always something to complain about. If they aren't winning enough they should win more if they go on an historic run they are peaking too soon. Theres no winning with fans.

Not sure where you got that I'm complaining....
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
marga86 wrote:

Not sure where you got that I'm complaining....

You aren't. Just a generic comment about sports Fandom.

Last edited by ExPatLkrFan on Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
marga86 wrote:

What's crazy is we are performing better than the Cubs and receiving about....1/10th the attention? 108 years, i know, i know, but still.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 340, 341, 342  Next
Page 50 of 342
Jump to: