Official OTHER dudes from the summer league team thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:56 am    Post subject:

Blue Clutch in Lakers’ Summer Win Over Kings

Quote:
With the Los Angeles Lakers’ Summer League team hampered by injuries, Vander Blue took Monday night as an opportunity to show why he is the reigning NBA G League MVP.

Blue dropped a team-best 21 points, 10 of which came in a wild fourth quarter that came down to the final minute of L.A.’s 95-92 win over Sacramento.

When the Kings rallied from a 28-point deficit, Blue broke a 79-79 tie with four minutes remaining on one of his three 3-pointers of the night. In the final two minutes, he added a long jumper and another triple to help keep Sacramento at bay.

http://southbay.gleague.nba.com/news/170710-vander-blue-summer-league/
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:34 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
AshesToAshes wrote:
caruso = our future "6th manu"

even gonna develop the bald spot soon

I'm telling you, that bald spot is marketable! Notice how all the houston fans get those dumb beards? We're gonna get that marketable bald spot for us Lakers fans

"if caruso gets 6th man of the year, everyone with his exact 'hairstyle' gets one free top row ticket - sponsered by glh-9"
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject:

AshesToAshes wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
AshesToAshes wrote:
caruso = our future "6th manu"

even gonna develop the bald spot soon

I'm telling you, that bald spot is marketable! Notice how all the houston fans get those dumb beards? We're gonna get that marketable bald spot for us Lakers fans

"if caruso gets 6th man of the year, everyone with his exact 'hairstyle' gets one free top row ticket - sponsered by glh-9"

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject:

Really disappointed in how Gabe York seemed to regress athletically since his HS days. Used to have a decent first step and explosion off-ball to the hoop. Really had issues on drives against Fox; subpar quickness and strength led to horrible shots and charge calls. Now, it looks like he needs to go the Seth Curry route instead of the Mike Bibby style of play that he once was.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Really disappointed in how Gabe York seemed to regress athletically since his HS days. Used to have a decent first step and explosion off-ball to the hoop. Really had issues on drives against Fox; subpar quickness and strength led to horrible shots and charge calls. Now, it looks like he needs to go the Seth Curry route instead of the Mike Bibby style of play that he once was.

He looked good his first couple shots and then it was all downhill from there, especially in the 2nd half when Sacramento ramped up their defensive intensity. He was bouncing during warmups on Saturday and throwing down nice flushes. That caught me off guard. Wasn't expecting that from him because I didn't recognize him. But yeah, it's a shame. He looked much more athletic in college.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

He looked good his first couple shots and then it was all downhill from there, especially in the 2nd half when Sacramento ramped up their defensive intensity. He was bouncing during warmups on Saturday and throwing down nice flushes. That caught me off guard. Wasn't expecting that from him because I didn't recognize him. But yeah, it's a shame. He looked much more athletic in college.

He looked even better in high school. Dude's HS gym is 10 minutes from my house.

Watching this reel kills me.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Watching this reel kills me.

Reminds me of that one dude from Wyoming last season that you alerted the board to. What happened to that kid?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Kudos to the other dudes tonight!
Matt Thomas has proven to be a real solid basketball player.
Blue has been awesome but we knew he could bring it.
Wear is streaky but when he's on he can really bomb from deep.

Dozier has to be on pins and needles.
bballchinaski
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject:

that matt thomas dude...he can play, i like him
Jhin0821
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Maybe York had some injury we don't know about. He was always an undersized 2, but had used to have nice athleticism.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Man. I am wondering if this is the Lonzo effect because the previous years, these guys would be clanking and iso. Looks like everybody can play in the NBA except for Zubac.
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:12 am    Post subject:

bballchinaski wrote:
that matt thomas dude...he can play, i like him

I like Matt Thomas too. He doesn't get a lot of shots but when he gets his opportunities, he knocks them down. Seems like a great shooter.

Will he get any consideration for the big club? Or will they say he's just another unathletic, tweener?

The Lakers could use shooters around Lonzo.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:04 am    Post subject:

Matt Thomas should, at the very least, sign w/ South Bay. However I think Europe may be more lucrative. Dude can play.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject:

I like Demetrius Jackson but I think we need a vet and not another 22 yo.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject:

Thomas would be good to keep around in the DLeague. he could come in handy.
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:44 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

What happened to this guy, I remember in At All Costs he was uber-athletic.

Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:05 am    Post subject:

Love this team. Well coached. Everyone plays with their strength. Move the ball well, so as the players. Very smart and very hustle too. Ball runs the show. Kuzma is a great finisher and scores from everywhere. Blue is good in creating shots. Thomas is a dead eyes shooter. Caruso is hustle and smart......everyone plays with their strength......very good team basketball.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject:

Ben Vereen wrote:
Thomas would be good to keep around in the DLeague. he could come in handy.

What about giving him the second 2-way contract? He shot 44.5% from the three-point line as a college senior and 89.1% from the free throw line. His shooting improved dramatically and steadily from his freshman year in college so maybe his current shooting (52.2% from the three -point line in summer league) isn't a complete fluke. Could he carve out a Kyle Korver type role off the bench in the NBA?
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject:

I agree with the assessment on Thomas. He can flat out shoot and there is always a need for a shooter. Zo's ability to spit defenders (either though he is not fast, he demands attention from the D) will give a shooter open looks. Kuzma, Thomas, and Zo on the court together drives a D crazy.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject:

Caruso just sucks. Somebody explain to me what talent he has exactly? He has one good game and gets a contract, while Matt Thomas and Vander Blue have been consistent all Summer League.

Matt can only shoot while Blue has a one track mind at times, but it's still more then whatever the heck Caruso can do which so far I've seen nothing. Just a strange choice to give a two way contract to him and not the other two imo.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:56 am    Post subject:

I am intrigued with Math Thomas. He's skilled, but there are obvious concerns about how his athleticism, speed and lack of muscular definition will translate to the NBA level. He went undrafted for a reason. At the worst, I think he can be a lesser version of JJ Reddick, assuming he gets NBA level strength and training. The thing with JJ is he struggled with NBA level physicality his first 3-4 years in the league. Didn't put up double figure scoring numbers until his 5th year in the league. I hope MT gets a two-way at the least.

Impressed with Blue as well, but he would be redundant on the roster. Clarkson fills that scorer off the bench role.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
I am intrigued with Math Thomas. He's skilled, but there are obvious concerns about how his athleticism, speed and lack of muscular definition will translate to the NBA level. He went undrafted for a reason. At the worst, I think he can be a lesser version of JJ Reddick, assuming he gets NBA level strength and training. The thing with JJ is he struggled with NBA level physicality his first 3-4 years in the league. Didn't put up double figure scoring numbers until his 5th year in the league. I hope MT gets a two-way at the least.

Impressed with Blue as well, but he would be redundant on the roster. Clarkson fills that scorer off the bench role.

I hope we, at least, retain Thomas for a camp invite and a spot w/ the South Bay Lakers.

Vander Blue would be redundant but he costs about 10 million bucks LESS than JC.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

I hope we, at least, retain Thomas for a camp invite and a spot w/ the South Bay Lakers.

Vander Blue would be redundant but he costs about 10 million bucks LESS than JC.

We also have Josh Hart.

I wish he played more but I guess they wanted to be careful with him.
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject:

I really want the Lakers to sign Matt Thomas! He's showing that he can really shoot! They need pure shooters. Speak it into existence!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject:

If Matt Thomas can't make the team he can be our shooting coach.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: