Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject:

Lonzo Ball / Lakers haters are funny.

Ball had a bad 1st game = he's a bust!

Ball having good games ever since = it's just summer league.

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
32 wrote:
At the chance of your franchise player getting injured. Yeah let's go out there and win that all important summer league title.

According to Jud he's been playing with the strained calf all SL.

I didn't hear that. But it sounds like it got worse last night.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
It's not like we are a playoff team this year - for the Lakers as a franchise it is chip or bust and this is our chance to win a chip this year.

Pelinka had a good quote yesterday about these young Lakers going for the championship in SL:

Quote:
"A winning mentality is developed in these small moments."

Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
32 wrote:
At the chance of your franchise player getting injured. Yeah let's go out there and win that all important summer league title.

According to Jud he's been playing with the strained calf all SL.

Wow just shut him down.

If winning this is so important to them, throw Ingram out there and finish it off by halftime.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

I don't understand either, man.
Are these guys trolling?
Summer League is a bunch of random guys trying to go all out to make an NBA roster. Why risk your star in the making for a stupid game in July?
I definitely would love to see Ball and Ingram. I would love it if they won so everyone can say that Ball has been a winning leader at EVERY level. But if Magic decides to shut him down.. I'm with Magic. Sure, I'd be a little disappointed, but I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep on it.

I saw someone ask what was the difference between this game and a hard practice. The answer is that in a hard practice, you're not diving for loose balls at anyone's' knees. You're not trying to win at all costs. You're not trying to hurt your teammates. I cant say the same for Summer League. Even in Regular Season games, you have professionals with guaranteed money, so theyre not trying to hurt anyone (aside from Zaza).

You want to know why Magic wants to hold BI out? Go watch the final seconds of the 1st summer league game. When BI went down, the entire Laker Nation held their breath. No reason for that crap in July.

I dont know Bobby... maybe we're crazy...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject:

12 wrote:
32 wrote:

Are these guys trolling?
Summer League is a bunch of random guys trying to go all out to make an NBA roster. Why risk your star in the making for a stupid game in July?
I definitely would love to see Ball and Ingram. I would love it if they won so everyone can say that Ball has been a winning leader at EVERY level. But if Magic decides to shut him down.. I'm with Magic. Sure, I'd be a little disappointed, but I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep on it.

I saw someone ask what was the difference between this game and a hard practice. The answer is that in a hard practice, you're not diving for loose balls at anyone's' knees. You're not trying to win at all costs. You're not trying to hurt your teammates. I cant say the same for Summer League. Even in Regular Season games, you have professionals with guaranteed money, so theyre not trying to hurt anyone (aside from Zaza).

You want to know why Magic wants to hold BI out? Go watch the final seconds of the 1st summer league game. When BI went down, the entire Laker Nation held their breath. No reason for that crap in July.

Nah. Unless he's genuinely too hurt to play, why not?

It's frickin' SPL, but we probably won't have many high leverage moments this year to see just how much of a killer instinct Ingram has or whether Lonzo can close out big games like this. If Lonzo is truly too injured, sure, sit him out.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject:

12 wrote:
32 wrote:

Are these guys trolling?

I guess I get the sentiment, but I don't know why it's coming out now all of the sudden rather than before last game or the game before.

If anything, sprinting up and down the hills near his house are worse on Lonzo's calves than a SL game.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject:

Since we didn't sign Rondo, he needs to get used to playing Kobe style through injuries, might as well start now.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
12 wrote:
32 wrote:

Are these guys trolling?

It's frickin' SPL, but we probably won't have many high leverage moments this year to see just how much of a killer instinct Ingram has or whether Lonzo can close out big games like this. If Lonzo is truly too injured, sure, sit him out.

It's like if someone dinged your car door and now you won't drive it because you're afraid you'll get in an accident...

He got a calf cramp. He's fine, any injury that may occur won't be connected to his calf, and that risk is there whenever he steps on the court regardless
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
12 wrote:
32 wrote:

Are these guys trolling?

It's like if someone dinged your car door and now you won't drive it because you're afraid you'll get in an accident...

He got a calf cramp. He's fine, any injury that may occur won't be connected to his calf, and that risk is there whenever he steps on the court regardless

Then why the hell isn't Ingram playing
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
12 wrote:
32 wrote:

Are these guys trolling?

I think it's dumb he's not playing for the reason I just stated
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
12 wrote:
32 wrote:

Are these guys trolling?

Yup.

To have Lonzo play through these succession of games, get to the Finals, and then shut him down? He'll be fine. I would play Ingram too.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject:

The only thing I'm sure will come out of this is they won't have games 3 days in a row going forward. It used to be you played everyone 20 minutes a game and no one gave a crap, but Summer League has evolved and people care now.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

Why do superstars like lebron watch these games if they're not that important? Why is magic and pelinka not watching from the office where its much cooler?

The game means more than we want to believe. Its not about the "ring", but the culture were promoting. We've been advertising to free agents already with a new front office, new coach, young rookies, and now a good start, with a very promising guard that will pass players the ball.

Weve been garbage for too long and we need to start picking ourselves up and letting the league know that were on a climb. This is a great start to that climb.

This brings us back to at least being talked about in a positive light for starter s
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject:

It would be nice to win this thing. Just to go into the off season as winners. This is how you build the culture. Guys from summer will be coming in with confidence that will hopefully carry over.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Since we didn't sign Rondo, he needs to get used to playing Kobe style through injuries, might as well start now.

Except Kobe didn't play Kobe minutes as a rookie. He didn't start averaging over 30mpg until his third season.

Lonzo has higher expectations as a rookie than Kobe did so he'll play more but they need to get him a legit backup.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

From King of the Tank to SL championship game.

I know most Lakers fans are so used to loosing that when they have a chance to win, they don't know what to do.

The are saying "hey, its going to break that tank. that guy played good. get him out we are tanking better than Phoenix and
76s. nobody is better at tanking than us"

It is going to be hard to get rid of that mentality.
LB2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Lonzo said himself this calf tightness is the first time it's acted up. I believe it was a groin issue that hampered before the tourney, which id chalk up to going too hard trying to keep with new workouts at the training facility.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject:

Jud Buechler has that Tom Thibodeau mentality. He will run Lonzo to the ground.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject:

There will come a point in this season when we are likely out of playoff contention. And the same "we should shut him down" arguments will come out.

At this point, I want our kids to taste as much success as they can, even if it's a SPL championship.
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
There will come a point in this season when we are likely out of playoff contention. And the same "we should shut him down" arguments will come out.

At this point, I want our kids to taste as much success as they can, even if it's a SPL championship.

Regular season games actually mean something, if they really cared about summer league Ingram would be playing.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Regular season games actually mean something, if they really cared about summer league Ingram would be playing.

Do they mean much if we're at 30 game pro-rated pace, and it's March and we're out of the playoff picture?

My point is that this is a championship game. It's a high leverage moment where there is some actual meaningful basketball being played. There aren't 4-5 more games of meaningless SPL games to look forward to. I would absolutely bring Ingram back to win this thing.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject:

If they are healthy, let them play. Especially considering there won't be another game for around two months. I'm not paying these over priced cable fees to watch Thomas and Caruso. Plus we need that banner for the Clippers locker room.
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
12 wrote:
32 wrote:

Are these guys trolling?

Because there are no take backs for the throat slash sign. That there is Final!
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject:

Not sure how a meaningless regular season game is more meaningful than a meaningless SL game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 3 of 45
Jump to: