Official Game of Thrones Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 160, 161, 162 ... 245, 246, 247  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Was excited that we finally had our first trailer...Unfortunately, doesn't really show anything:

I'm guessing we'll actually have a "real" trailer in May/June.

Good call, it's here - Game of Thrones Season 7 Official Trailer

leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject:

Man, so hyped.
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject:

My endgame prediction for GOT (based on GRRM's proclamation that it'll be a bittersweet ending):

1. Sansa "wins" the game of thrones; will sit on the Iron Throne, but the throne won mean much after all the wars.

2. Cersei + Jamie die, leaving Tyrion as Lord of Casterly Rock

3. The dragons die fighting White Walkers; Dany returns to Essos to rule

4. Jon kills the Nights King with Heatsbane (Ghost dies too)

5. Jon / Arya return to Winterfell after wars end.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Winter is here this Sunday. They just had the premiere in LA yesterday. I am very excited.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:
My endgame prediction for GOT (based on GRRM's proclamation that it'll be a bittersweet ending):

The only prediction I have is Jaime ends up going Queenslayer on Cersei when she orders Qyburn to "Burn them All!".
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject:

I think the throne will change hands a few times.. I think there will be a time that little finger sits on it.. maybe even Vaserys.

Doesn't Jon have rights to it also since he's a Targaryan?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
I think the throne will change hands a few times.. I think there will be a time that little finger sits on it.. maybe even Vaserys.

Doesn't Jon have rights to it also since he's a Targaryan?

More than his aunt, the Khaleesi.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:

okay.. I looked it up..

it matters whether you think Robert's claim was real or the Targaryan claim is more legit.

If Robert.. then it should be Jaimie. Because even though he took the oath to serve and not claim any thrones.. Tommen relieved him of that.

If Targaryan.. then its Dany.. since Rhaegar was married to a martell when he hooked up with Lyanna and had Jon.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
okay.. I looked it up..

it matters whether you think Robert's claim was real or the Targaryan claim is more legit.

If Robert.. then it should be Jaimie. Because even though he took the oath to serve and not claim any thrones.. Tommen relieved him of that.

If Targaryan.. then its Dany.. since Rhaegar was married to a martell when he hooked up with Lyanna and had Jon.

Ah yes. Completely forgot about this.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject:

My prediction: Little Finger "wins", sits on the Iron Throne.

But by then, the 7 kingdoms will have effectively been "reduced to ash". IIRC, they alluded to this earlier in the series wrt to Little Finger.. I believe it was Varys talking to Tyrian about LF, and said something to the effect of "he doesn't care if his kinda don has been reduced to ash as long as he is ruling", saying he will do anything to get power
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
My prediction: Little Finger "wins", sits on the Iron Throne.

But by then, the 7 kingdoms will have effectively been "reduced to ash". IIRC, they alluded to this earlier in the series wrt to Little Finger.. I believe it was Varys talking to Tyrian about LF, and said something to the effect of "he doesn't care if his kinda don has been reduced to ash as long as he is ruling", saying he will do anything to get power

And sitting on hte Iron Throne may not mean much if no other kingdom swears fealty to it. I highly doubt the North will kowtow to King's Landing again.
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Dayum. Opening scene of season 7.

BOOM!
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject:

It's back fam!!!!!!!!!!!
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Not the craziest first episode, but not bad, and kind of expected for a first episode. Beginning was good, also liked the Ed Sheeran part.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject:

I'm wondering...can Arya just continue to steal people's identities/faces, and get away with it? Even though she got away from that cult, it seems like they'll figure out she's doing it, and will want to stop/punish her.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:46 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
I'm wondering...can Arya just continue to steal people's identities/faces, and get away with it? Even though she got away from that cult, it seems like they'll figure out she's doing it, and will want to stop/punish her.

When Jaqen H'ghar first tried to convince Arya to come to Braavos he promised her he could train to her kill the people on her list. After she killed the Waif and told him she was going home to Westeros he looked pleased so maybe it was his plan all along.

Speaking of Arya, did anyone notice the snarling wolf in the preview for next week? There are only two Stark direwolves left as Sansa's, Robb's, Bran's and Rickon's were all killed. The wolf in the preview wasn't white like Jon's. It was grey. Arya's direwolf Nymeria was grey and she drove it off after it bit Joffrey way back in season 1. I wonder if they'll be reunited.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

I think Arya is going to eventually die.

After her hit list is complete.. the character really has no point.

Great episode though.. such an epic start.. and good pacing.

weird to think that Dragonstone was totally abandoned. I guess the Baratheon line is essentially gone.. minus Gendry.. who still could be paddling to kings landing..

Ed sheeran was random.. but as soon as I heard that voice.. I knew it was him.

that montage with Sam at the citadel was hilarious and sickening all at the same time.. LOL
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:

weird to think that Dragonstone was totally abandoned. I guess the Baratheon line is essentially gone.. minus Gendry.. who still could be paddling to kings landing..

Storm's End is the Baratheon's ancestral home. Stannis occupied Dragonstone during Robert's Rebellion and stayed there because Robert gave Storm's End to his other brother Renly after he became king. I imagine there's some other Baratheon kin running things for their house now.

Thugnomoe wrote:

that montage with Sam at the citadel was hilarious and sickening all at the same time.. LOL

I really think that whole Sam/Gilly storyline could have been condensed down to a few episodes. He's not going to stay at the Citadel long enough to become a maester and will leave with his father's Valyrian steel sword to help Jon fight the white walkers. It was cool to actually see the Citadel library and get an update on Jorah though.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject:

I think people underestimate the power of Danny's dragons.

If dragon glass/magic counters whitewalkers, don't the dragons themselves immediately counter them?

It's worth noting that there are no specific details (to my knowledge) on how exactly the children of the earth intended to have the white walkers "protect them" -- but one thing is clear, the dragon magic directly kills them. Very interesting.

Also, i personally think the lannisters are on their last leg, i see no viable ally to them; the Dorn and martell alliance may be underrated and i get the sense that tyrion is too smart to ignore the threat in the north -- i feel there will be plenty of question on the legitimacy of jon being of dragon blood...

I guess this is where Bran comes in? Will he prove his powers and "take over" a dragon? At what point will he connect with Jon and tell em, if ever? Will he even tell em? I'm seriously wondering what Bran's plan is here, he is a key figure.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

So what's going to be Euron's gift to Cersei? I'm guessing it's Gendry but not sure how he fits into the story at this point.

I thought Arya would stop by Winterfell and reunite with her family. I fear for her life with her going to Kings Landing.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
So what's going to be Euron's gift to Cersei? I'm guessing it's Gendry but not sure how he fits into the story at this point.

I thought Arya would stop by Winterfell and reunite with her family. I fear for her life with her going to Kings Landing.

I doubt she dies before her list is complete. But at the same time, one of the themes throughout the show is that Cersei always finds a way to win, so it's tough to underestimate her, even when it looks like she has no viable play. It'll be interesting to see if Arya actually finds a way to kill her -- also wouldn't shock me if Jaimie does it before Arya can either.

They also set up the meeting between Jon/Dany -- Sam figures out that Dragonstone is built on top of a mountain of Dragonglass, and sends a raven to Jon. Meanwhile Dany just got there. However, Bran is the only one that knows the truth about them, and he's all the way up at Castle Black.

They also spent a bunch of time on the Hound, and it's obvious he's going to play a big role this season. That character has done a complete 180 from when he first appeared. I love the irony in that he's following around a bunch of fire worshippers and then sees a vision in the flames, given the origin of his scars.

Lastly, I'm telling y'all, watch out for Little Finger in all of this. I guarantee you he finds a way to "profit" off of the growing tension b/w Sansa and Jon.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

I think Arya is going to eventually die.

After her hit list is complete.. the character really has no point.

Great episode though.. such an epic start.. and good pacing.

Ed sheeran was random.. but as soon as I heard that voice.. I knew it was him.

Sheeran was a gift by the showrunners to the actress who plays Arya. She's a huge fan.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:

It could be the Targaryen fleet of ships. Euron bragged he was the greatest sailor alive and there's supposedly an epic sea battle coming this season. If he sunk Daenerys' ships, her army would be trapped on Dragonstone.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
I think people underestimate the power of Danny's dragons.

If dragon glass/magic counters whitewalkers, don't the dragons themselves immediately counter them?

It's worth noting that there are no specific details (to my knowledge) on how exactly the children of the earth intended to have the white walkers "protect them" -- but one thing is clear, the dragon magic directly kills them. Very interesting.

Also, i personally think the lannisters are on their last leg, i see no viable ally to them; the Dorn and martell alliance may be underrated and i get the sense that tyrion is too smart to ignore the threat in the north -- i feel there will be plenty of question on the legitimacy of jon being of dragon blood...

I guess this is where Bran comes in? Will he prove his powers and "take over" a dragon? At what point will he connect with Jon and tell em, if ever? Will he even tell em? I'm seriously wondering what Bran's plan is here, he is a key figure.

I'd think the dragon fire alone would kill off the army of the undead which has been their main weapon due to their sheer numbers.

I was also thinking couldn't they make as much dragon glass as they wanted with three dragons?

I can't wait to see the character's reactions the first time they see one. I still remember the look on Tyrion's face the first time he saw Drogon flying over old Valyria. I'm expecting Tyrion will be a key figure in bridging the two stories of dragons and white walkers together. He's one of the few Westeroses who've seen the dragons and visited the Wall. While he didn't actually see a white walker I think he believed Mormont's stories about them.

I'm also expecting Bran to warg into one of the dragons at some point. The Three-eyed Raven told him he would fly one day when they first met.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Who is your favorite character and why is it Sandor?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 160, 161, 162 ... 245, 246, 247  Next
Page 161 of 247
Jump to: