Skip thinks Lakers make playoffs right away; Broussard disagrees
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject:

If Lonzo will be the type of player who makes his team better than the sum of its parts, and Ingram and Randle take a solid step forward as players and we become an average defensive team, then maybe we can finish 8th and make the playoffs. But too many things have to go right. We haven't had any good karma since the last time we won the championship.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
UCLA led the nation in scoring, the best offense in 12 years.

With a seemingly normal offense, the Lakers' SPL team scored more in the last 2 games than high scoring NBA reams do in 48 minutes (8 more).

Lonzo has 3 (4?) 10 assist games, and there's only been 1 previously. He's got the only
SPL triple double ever, missed another by 2 rebs, and the last one due to injury

Lakers SPL teams have looked crappy for years, but now everyone who plays fits into a well oiled machine. A pass 1st mentality has become cool.

Magic, who should know, said Lonzo's passing translates to the next level and I see no reason to believe it won't. His overall affect can't be measured by normal stastistical
standards. That's clear after a year of college and a summer of competition, so when will we acknowledge that the difference he keeps making will mean greater success than any other rookie in a long time?

He's lived up to up being called transcendent with major accomplishments in High School,
College, and now SPL. Transcendent players make major differences in their team's win
column.

His teammates will be better because of their own improvements and his presence. As a result, the Lakers will be far better collectively. The style they're playing will embarrass lots
of teams who can't stop them or keep up.

We're at the beginning of watching something very special. Later people will be asking
"who knew?"

Lonzo had three guys in the UCLA main six - beside himself - who could knock down the three with regularity. The Lakers, well, they might have one guy to do that. My feeling is that NBA clubs will go after Lonzo hard, far better than did most college teams did in clamping down on Lonzo's having open looks down court. The NBA has more and longer players with better quickness and jumping ability. We'll have to wait to see how this all plays out. I'm excited for the Laker season to begin, for the first time in several years.
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject:

I see no reason the team can't make the playoffs. They have clearly improved personnel. Lopez is a HUGE upgrade. KCP is also a significant upgrade as a two way player over DLO.

I see no reason to think Ingram, Randle, And Nance won't be improved this season. Clarkson while likely still the same player, is a great man off the bench.

If this team can play semi competent defense, they will out score the vast majority of teams on system alone. The bench seems loaded with the unexpected play of Kuzma as well added to that group.

The 6-8 spots are wide open IMO. We can argue we don't even know what Minnesota has at the 5th spot.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject:

I'm curious why this has it's own thread.
I want to go to lots of lakers games this year, my accountant disagrees,,,,
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Skip is a huge Lonzo fan, as am I...but I think his judgement is clouded by his excitement. We still have a very below average defensive group, we don't have great defensive rebounders and we will struggle hitting the 3.

We will beat some teams we shouldn't and some nights we will get blown out by teams that aren't as good as us. I had us at 30 wins after the draft, 35 with the signing of KCP and how good Kuzma has looked. We won't sniff the playoffs this season IMO. I like our chances the following year though .
#StayInYoLane
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
It went from this team is worse than last year to now we might make the playoffs. Everyone is an expert and then they make a fool of themselves. Moral to the story is sit down, be humble.

As well as the creator of the thread saying he/she hated lonzo's first two games but is now on the hype train. Lets all remember that this is summer league...Lets just enjoy what is going on right now and save the speculation about the season when season tips off. But for everyone to base our season off NBA G-league games is nonsensical. PUMP THE BRAKES.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject:

I've been on the playoff train for some time. I know it's a long shot but 8th seed is a possibility. I'm anxious to see how many change their tune during the season.

This is going to be a very interesting season.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: