Grade Magic & Rob - Summary of FO Moves
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How Do You Rate Magic & Rob's First Offseason
A+
20%
 20%  [ 42 ]
A
29%
 29%  [ 62 ]
A-
16%
 16%  [ 35 ]
B+
14%
 14%  [ 30 ]
B
7%
 7%  [ 15 ]
B-
5%
 5%  [ 11 ]
C
3%
 3%  [ 8 ]
D
2%
 2%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 209

tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
tox wrote:

Not true, it wouldn't have. The FO needed to ditch either Mozgov or Deng's contract in order to get two maxes for sure in 2018 (with one of them being a 35% max). That's why they first offered an unprotected future 1st along to take on one of them. When that failed, they presumably decided to trade their only asset with enough value that they also considered expendable (Russell, as opposed to Ingram and Ball).
h

What I see is the FO evaluated there asset and DLo was is the bottom of that order. They are looking for energy n quickness n def potential, which DLo lacks.

That's true, if you're only talking about our assets that have value to dump Mozgov's contract (i.e., #2, Ingram, Russell). But if the Lakers could have traded Clarkson or Zubac or whatever to dump Lopez, you bet your ass they would have.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
DLaker wrote:
tox wrote:

Not true, it wouldn't have. The FO needed to ditch either Mozgov or Deng's contract in order to get two maxes for sure in 2018 (with one of them being a 35% max). That's why they first offered an unprotected future 1st along to take on one of them. When that failed, they presumably decided to trade their only asset with enough value that they also considered expendable (Russell, as opposed to Ingram and Ball).
h

What I see is the FO evaluated there asset and DLo was is the bottom of that order. They are looking for energy n quickness n def potential, which DLo lacks.

That's true, if you're only talking about our assets that have value to dump Mozgov's contract (i.e., #2, Ingram, Russell). But if the Lakers could have traded Clarkson or Zubac or whatever to dump Lopez, you bet your ass they would have.

People forget this simple point. Dlo was able to fetch Lopez (20ppg stretch big on an expiring), 1st pick and offload of Moz. You don't get that if you're a poor asset. He may not been at his higher value but he certainly checked off numerous positive boxes for the Lakers.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
tox wrote:
DLaker wrote:
tox wrote:

h

People forget this simple point. Dlo was able to fetch Lopez (20ppg stretch big on an expiring), 1st pick and offload of Moz. You don't get that if you're a poor asset. He may not been at his higher value but he certainly checked off numerous positive boxes for the Lakers.

Agreed. We sold low on a guy that could very well turn into an All-Star. But we didn't just move him for cap room. We got Lopez and a 1st round pick (Kuzma) to go with $21.3 million in cap room next year (Moz $16 million + DLO $7 million - Kuzma $1.7 million).

Overall it's been a pretty strong offseason. Lots of good work by both Rob and Magic.

Among the things I didn't care for I would say the way Magic handled the situation with his 'we needed a leader' rhetoric was poorly done. By the same token I'm not a fan with how he tampered on George which IMO left a bitter taste in Indy's mouth or the way he flipped on Mitch/Jim with his consultant to job candidate routine.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Another quality this new FO is showing me is that they listen to there people. The make up of this summer league team perfectly fit the way the coach wanted to play. Love this new FO, so positive. Thx u for letting Jim n Mitch go, we needed this flesh air to remove those stagnant old air we had before.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo and Kuzma.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Lonzo and Kuzma.

LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
Another quality this new FO is showing me is that they listen to there people. The make up of this summer league team perfectly fit the way the coach wanted to play. Love this new FO, so positive. Thx u for letting Jim n Mitch go, we needed this flesh air to remove those stagnant old air we had before.

WELL, WELL SAID!!!
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
tox wrote:
DLaker wrote:
tox wrote:

h

Agreed. We sold low on a guy that could very well turn into an All-Star. But we didn't just move him for cap room. We got Lopez and a 1st round pick (Kuzma) to go with $21.3 million in cap room next year (Moz $16 million + DLO $7 million - Kuzma $1.7 million).

Overall it's been a pretty strong offseason. Lots of good work by both Rob and Magic.

Among the things I didn't care for I would say the way Magic handled the situation with his 'we needed a leader' rhetoric was poorly done. By the same token I'm not a fan with how he tampered on George which IMO left a bitter taste in Indy's mouth or the way he flipped on Mitch/Jim with his consultant to job candidate routine.

Would add, the DLO situation is beginning to appear like it was addition by subtraction.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject:

IPK wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
tox wrote:
DLaker wrote:
tox wrote:

h

Would add, the DLO situation is beginning to appear like it was addition by subtraction.

DLO wouldn't have been playing Summer League
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Magic and Rob got at least three months of good feelings after the Summer League Championship. Now to see if Ball and Kuzma (and maybe Caruso, Thomas, and Blue) can translate their incredible summer league play to the NBA.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10
Jump to: