The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject:

From the Sixers RealGM board:

Quote:
We are in way better shape than the Lakers. I ain't even worried. They are not getting Lebron, and I still don't think they get George. He will have much more attractive options next year basketball wise.

lol
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
 “Subprime” Dan Gilbert, the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers, has always been a grifter at heart. He became billionaire-rich through his predatory mortgage company, Quicken Loans. Gilbert was recently at the White House, crashing the Chicago Cubs World Series visit, to breathe the air of his friend Donald Trump. In Cleveland, Trump might be the only public figure held in lower esteem than Dan Gilbert, who has squandered the good will earned from his team’s 2016 NBA championship by firing general manager David Griffin, lowballing possible replacement Chauncey Billups, and all but ensuring that the great LeBron James finds somewhere else to play when his contract ends in 2018. When this happens, it will mark the second time that Gilbert has, through his own egotism, forced out the greatest athlete to come from Ohio since Jesse Owens.

Twice destroying LeBron-led championship-caliber teams is a hell of a legacy, yet not the worst of Gilbert’s crimes this calendar year. Like the president he admires, Gilbert is so arrogant and petty that he feels immune to the public’s disdain. How else to explain why he is currently fleecing Cuyahoga County and the City of Cleveland for anywhere between $140 million and $200 million—depending upon whose accounting you believe—to refurbish the home of the Cavaliers, Quicken Loans Arena? Gilbert’s representatives went to the county and city councils with promises that the money will be partially paid back with funds generated not from regular-season revenue but from playoff revenues to be earned until 2023. Yes, they are promising six more years of playoff appearances in return for starving the cash-strapped county and city of desperately needed public funds. From a basketball standpoint, this is a joke, especially if, as expected, LeBron bolts the mismanaged team after next year.

https://www.thenation.com/article/cavaliers-owner-dan-gilbert-clevelands-corporate-welfare-king/
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2017/07/17/nba-lebron-james-frustrated-cavs-offseason/485111001/

Quote:
LeBron James, the NBA’s most powerful player and biggest star who brought the Cleveland Cavaliers their first NBA championship, is concerned about the Cavaliers’ offseason, a person close to the situation told USA TODAY Sports.

Quote:
James can become a free agent following the 2017-18 season, and it doesn’t take a wild imagination to see him elsewhere – especially if he feels there’s a better opportunity for him to win a championship with another team. The Lakers are mentioned as a possibility with James recruiting another star to join a young and talented core for the 2018-19 season.

dmills
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Oh to be LeBron James. Your team made the moves it made to please you. Most likely with your blessing. You're in the finals 3 years in a row, NOW, you're concerned about the future moves lol. I just can't root for this dude to come to the Lakers.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Lebron has to be impressed with the SL Champion Lakers.

Last edited by LakerSD on Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject:

dmills wrote:
Oh to be LeBron James. Your team made the moves it made to please you. Most likely with your blessing. You're in the finals 3 years in a row, NOW, you're concerned about the future moves lol. I just can't root for this dude to come to the Lakers.

7 years.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Who needs Lebron, we have Kuzma!
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject:

dmills wrote:

Would Magic allow Lebron to pull the strings if he does come to the Lakers?
dmills
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
dmills wrote:

7 years.

I was taking specifically about his second tenure with the Cavs.
dmills
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
dmills wrote:

Depends on how he perceives the fans are reacting to Bron...

Last edited by dmills on Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Quote:
 “Subprime” Dan Gilbert, the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers, has always been a grifter at heart. He became billionaire-rich through his predatory mortgage company, Quicken Loans. Gilbert was recently at the White House, crashing the Chicago Cubs World Series visit, to breathe the air of his friend Donald Trump. In Cleveland, Trump might be the only public figure held in lower esteem than Dan Gilbert, who has squandered the good will earned from his team’s 2016 NBA championship by firing general manager David Griffin, lowballing possible replacement Chauncey Billups, and all but ensuring that the great LeBron James finds somewhere else to play when his contract ends in 2018. When this happens, it will mark the second time that Gilbert has, through his own egotism, forced out the greatest athlete to come from Ohio since Jesse Owens.

Twice destroying LeBron-led championship-caliber teams is a hell of a legacy, yet not the worst of Gilbert’s crimes this calendar year. Like the president he admires, Gilbert is so arrogant and petty that he feels immune to the public’s disdain. How else to explain why he is currently fleecing Cuyahoga County and the City of Cleveland for anywhere between $140 million and $200 million—depending upon whose accounting you believe—to refurbish the home of the Cavaliers, Quicken Loans Arena? Gilbert’s representatives went to the county and city councils with promises that the money will be partially paid back with funds generated not from regular-season revenue but from playoff revenues to be earned until 2023. Yes, they are promising six more years of playoff appearances in return for starving the cash-strapped county and city of desperately needed public funds. From a basketball standpoint, this is a joke, especially if, as expected, LeBron bolts the mismanaged team after next year.

https://www.thenation.com/article/cavaliers-owner-dan-gilbert-clevelands-corporate-welfare-king/

Yeah... (bleep) Danny G. Waste of space
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
dmills wrote:

Hell no. Magic didn't even want jwest for a sounding board
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
dmills wrote:

With LeBron comes LeGM. Say good bye to all the young guys.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Who needs Lebron, we have Kuzma!

Yea. Only if Lebron is willing to play backup to Kuzmahhhh!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
dmills wrote:

With LeBron comes LeGM. Say good bye to all the young guys.

I'm not so sure. He respected Riley, and I think he would have similar respect for Magic. He does not have respect for Dan Gilbert, though, and he went back there with carte blanche, basically.
Laker Dude
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject:

Jordan
Kareem
Magic
Kobe
Duncan
Lebron
Shaq
Bird
Hakeem
Russell
Wilt
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:17 am    Post subject:

I'm okay if we get Lebron, and it's looking more and more likely now, but I don't really want him. Not a fan of his.

He's going to be 34, and if he asks for a max contract, we'll be paying him boatloads at 38 years old.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:39 am    Post subject:

Laker Dude wrote:
Jordan
Kareem
Magic
Kobe
Duncan
Lebron
Shaq
Bird
Hakeem
Russell
Wilt

1st tier
Kareem
MJ
Kobe
Magic
Bron

2nd tier
Wilt
Shaq
Oscar
Bird
Hakeem
Russell
Elgin
West

Love to bring Bron in, add a PG13 and with young guys like Ball/Ingram/Kuz this would be a real return to showtime next generation version....
mporter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:44 am    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
dmills wrote:

That's interesting...Reportedly, one of the reasons Lebron left Miami was because Riley was strict and didn't go out of his way to cater to Lebron (for example, supposedly Riles didn't allow Lebron's friends/business associates to travel with the team).

Miami has one of the strongest cultures in the league. I wonder if Magic would have the same management style as Riley. If so, that could be problematic when trying to lure Lebron.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject:

I wonder if get our two max we can truly start a team with position less basketball lineup.

Ball, George, Ingram, Kuz, Lebron. Lebron is older, but a center guarding him would be a joke. Love that lineup.

Last edited by DLaker on Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
Laker Dude wrote:
Jordan
Kareem
Magic
Kobe
Duncan
Lebron
Shaq
Bird
Hakeem
Russell
Wilt

Tier by himself
Kuzma

1st tier
Kareem
MJ
Kobe
Magic
Bron

2nd tier
Wilt
Shaq
Oscar
Bird
Hakeem
Russell
Elgin
West

Love to bring Bron in, add a PG13 and with young guys like Ball/Ingram/Kuz this would be a real return to showtime next generation version....

Fixed
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
I'm okay if we get Lebron, and it's looking more and more likely now, but I don't really want him. Not a fan of his.

He's going to be 34, and if he asks for a max contract, we'll be paying him boatloads at 38 years old.

I think if he comes here, then he'll be extremely open to taking less money to accommodate more players.
Travis Bickle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
levon wrote:
Quote:

Yeah... (bleep) Danny G. Waste of space

I can't believe stern kissed his ass to void the cp3 trade.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
dmills wrote:

Hell no. Magic didn't even want jwest for a sounding board

West isn't the best player in the game. Magic will give Lebron what he wants or Lebron will go elsewhere.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
misterrunon wrote:

I think if he comes here, then he'll be extremely open to taking less money to accommodate more players.

Lebron doesn't believe that
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 22 of 2079
Jump to: