Official NBA's KIA Rookie Ladder. Lakers finish Summer League with Ball at #1 and Kuzma at #3
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
Feels good to have your rookies play great in summer league, and not have that "oh no" feeling in the pit of your stomach. The last two summer leagues weren't as kind.

I remembered Dlo's like it was just yesterday. People were already expecting Magic Johnson like passing from him, the crowd was just deflated when all he did was take jumpshots.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
adkindo wrote:
I honestly think there is an argument for Lonzo being #2.....only because I think there is an argument for Kuzma being #1.

I am amazed how well they complimented each other. I can't wait to see them on the regular season team.

I wonder if we picked ahead of Portland (Swanigan) would we still have taken Kuzma. I guess we'll never know, but I would like to think that we would have.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
I honestly think there is an argument for Lonzo being #2.....only because I think there is an argument for Kuzma being #1.

and that's only cuz ingram was shut down

we feasibly could have had 1/2/3 if ingram played

They kind of shut Ingram down for that reason. I'll just reiterate what social media was saying:

Quote:
Serena Winters‏
@SerenaWinters
Following
More
Brandon Ingram doesn't look like he belongs at NBA Summer League, and I mean that in the biggest compliment possible.
9:15 PM - 7 Jul 2017

He doesn't belong in any summer league conversation with the showing he had (even though he's the same age or younger than most of the 2017 prospects ). They were sending 3 defenders at him and still couldn't do jack (bleep) to stop him. Time for him to take his talents to the regular season. That's all that matters now.

Last edited by KindCrippler2000 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
In regards to 1st Team All Summer League snub......everyone on this board knows I am a Josh Jackson fan.....and I watched every game Jackson played in, and he did look mostly good and made the 1st Team. On no planet did Josh Jackson have a more impressive SL than Kuzma.

You're right. Not even stats wise was Jackson better than Kuzma.

Josh Jackson:
Points - 17.4
Rebounds - 9.2
Assists - 1.6
Blocks - 1.0
FG% - 43%
3P% - 19%

Kyle Kuzma:
Points - 21.9
Rebounds - 6.4
Assists - 2.7
Blocks - 1.4
FG% - 51%
3P% - 48%

*Checkout the shooting percentage disparity. Crazy.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
adkindo wrote:
In regards to 1st Team All Summer League snub......everyone on this board knows I am a Josh Jackson fan.....and I watched every game Jackson played in, and he did look mostly good and made the 1st Team. On no planet did Josh Jackson have a more impressive SL than Kuzma.

You're right. Not even stats wise was Jackson better than Kuzma.

Josh Jackson:
Points - 17.4
Rebounds - 9.2
Assists - 1.6
Blocks - 1.0
FG% - 43%
3P% - 19%

Kyle Kuzma:
Points - 21.9
Rebounds - 6.4
Assists - 2.7
Blocks - 1.4
FG% - 51%
3P% - 48%

*Checkout the shooting percentage disparity. Crazy.

Crazy!! I was glad that Lakers did not skip Lonzo to draft JJ. IMO you can get offensively challenged defensively gifted players later in the draft. I was thinking about Jordan Bell specifically.

I guess you can also get 2 way ballers later in the draft as well;)

To be fair, I will bet that JJ would have shot a much higher % if he played with Lonzo.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject:

WestwoodWizard wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
If you guys want to feel sad take a look at who else has won Summer League Finals MVP

Maybe not feel sad, but certainly feel a bit more grounded in reality. Kuzma had a fantastic summer league, but he is not going to step into the NBA and start scoring 20+ per night. It will take him, and all of the rookies, some time to adjust to the high level of competition. That said, it sure was nice to see him shoot so well from outside...

I think Lonzo will adjust quickly and have an impact from the start, but Kuzma is a project that will take some time.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: