The Crisp, Refreshing Taste of Haterade
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject:

JohnWick wrote:
It feels like we're on our way back to reclaim the Iron Throne. We're like Khaleesi and our dragons have just been born (Kuzma, Ball, Ingram). Now we need to get a couple more armies (2 max FAs in 2018).

Call in the Banner men and let Arya loose...it's about to go DOWN!

#BannersOverBillboards
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: The Crisp, Refreshing Taste of Haterade

Dr. Laker wrote:
My LG hanging out has diminished greatly as I've aged and my responsibilities have changed. I hit 10K posts back in 2007 and barely have 1K in the 10 years since. Even in the last championship run, my online activity was diminished even though my Laker love was strong. During the past 4 years, I was on LG more during the offseason than in-season.

Back in the 3-peat days, I'd spend a lot of time on other teams' boards, reading their vitriolic posts about how unfair it was that the Lakers got the best players handed to them, got all the calls, were ESPN and the NBA's handpicked darlings, etc., and I enjoyed tasting their salty tears. I didn't realize it - but the whining, kvetching & moaning of our enemies was an enjoyable part of my fandom.

Enter Lonzo Ball.

From the moment we drafted him, voices that had slept while the Lakers stumbled immediately woke to cry "Foul," "Fix" and "We're Sick of Laker Hype!" Fan bases around the country are complaining about the unfair amount of coverage that the Lakers got in SPL and NBA message boards around the internet are filling up with anti-Lakers and anti-Ball threads.

I LOVE IT!

After last night's game, I was up until 1 a.m., drinking in other fans' hatred of the Lakers, their disgust at Lonzo's MVP and their bleating about how SPL doesn't mean jack. I ate up their rationalizations about how Lonzo's game won't translate against "real" NBA players and reveled in their declarations that the "Lakers will still suck" because I know what it means . . .

They're scared.

They see it coming and they're scared.

Lonzo shot 20% from 3-pt and they're scared.

Kuzma looks like a steal and they're scared.

Maginka may actually be able to bring FAs in to play with these dudes and other fan bases are scared out of their wits!

It tastes GOOD!

trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject:

The Lonzo MVP thread on RealGM is gold. This is my favorite

Quote:
Okay - so his team won two games w/ him on the bench, and also lost two games w/ him playing 32+ minutes. Of the other 4 games they won, he missed the second half of one of them. So when he played, they were 4-2 (67% winning), and when he didn't play they are 2-0 (100% winning). I'm not sure this even proves a positive correlation w/ him playing and the team winning, let alone that "he makes his team win", but people keep saying that like he's Steph Curry or something.

It's like people are taking the fact that he didn't look like a complete bust after the first awful game as proof that he's the next GOAT. There were plenty of guys who had great games in SL, but all they focus on is Lonzo - which based on the stat lines, really only had one game where he was the clear best player on his own team, that ended in a win (Philly game).

Also, Caruso had an almost identical stat line in the championship game as Ball had in the Brooklyn game, yet all the media was doing was raving about how Ball "almost got a TD" and willed them to the win for Brooklyn, but not much said about Caruso....also, let's not forget Caruso's great game against Sacramento (when Ball sat out for the "groin injury") that no one even remembers, even though he pretty much led them to the win.

I find this bias towards propping up Ball to be so obvious and absurd - maybe LeBron got this same type of treatment back when he came out, but I do not remember it being as extreme and certainly not to extent where similar accomplishments of other players are completely down played/minimized for the sake of the narrative. Maybe this is because it's the Lakers though and the media wants those fans to feel like their franchise is relevant again in spite of them not having a very strong team in a very stacked conference. For the record, I don't think Ball warrants all this hype and I think Fox and Tatum are the better players out of this draft class - heck, even Kuzma on his own team looks great. I guess we will see when the season starts though.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1596968&start=160#start_here
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: The Crisp, Refreshing Taste of Haterade

Dr. Laker wrote:
My LG hanging out has diminished greatly as I've aged and my responsibilities have changed. I hit 10K posts back in 2007 and barely have 1K in the 10 years since. Even in the last championship run, my online activity was diminished even though my Laker love was strong. During the past 4 years, I was on LG more during the offseason than in-season.

Back in the 3-peat days, I'd spend a lot of time on other teams' boards, reading their vitriolic posts about how unfair it was that the Lakers got the best players handed to them, got all the calls, were ESPN and the NBA's handpicked darlings, etc., and I enjoyed tasting their salty tears. I didn't realize it - but the whining, kvetching & moaning of our enemies was an enjoyable part of my fandom.

Enter Lonzo Ball.

From the moment we drafted him, voices that had slept while the Lakers stumbled immediately woke to cry "Foul," "Fix" and "We're Sick of Laker Hype!" Fan bases around the country are complaining about the unfair amount of coverage that the Lakers got in SPL and NBA message boards around the internet are filling up with anti-Lakers and anti-Ball threads.

I LOVE IT!

After last night's game, I was up until 1 a.m., drinking in other fans' hatred of the Lakers, their disgust at Lonzo's MVP and their bleating about how SPL doesn't mean jack. I ate up their rationalizations about how Lonzo's game won't translate against "real" NBA players and reveled in their declarations that the "Lakers will still suck" because I know what it means . . .

They're scared.

Maginka may actually be able to bring FAs in to play with these dudes and other fan bases are scared out of their wits!

It tastes GOOD!

They're scared because they have no Ball
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: The Crisp, Refreshing Taste of Haterade

socalsp3 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Enter Lonzo Ball.

I LOVE IT!

They're scared.

It tastes GOOD!

They're scared because they have no Balls

There you go!
lakerguy3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject:

You know we are getting close when the haters care enough to send the daily best again.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject:

I'll take mine in the Salty Tears flavor. Mhm mhm!
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject:

http://m.imgur.com/ugmqMF4?r

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject:

lakerguy3 wrote:
You know we are getting close when the haters care enough to send the daily best again.

That Walton quote...

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
JuliusRandall
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject:

This is a great thread.

The Lakers Org is the best sports Team in The World when you factor our winning record, number of finals appearances and titles. All the great Teams in The World are behind us, Patriots, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Yankees, Cowboys, Steelers, maybe only the All Blacks have a say on that.

The fact that we are taking off again is devastating, I was sad when Magic got HIV and left, happy when we got Shaq and Kobe and that ride lasted 20 years.

Now we chose to go "Lonzo" and 15 years ( at least) await us!
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Amen to that, Dr. Laker

Wore my Kobe jersey in Sacramento today. I too used to post here quite often but being a professional has taken ahold of my posting habits and even the attire that i wear. That also means no more attending games as well.

I still wear the Kobe jersey and Laker gear on occassion, but never really garnered any negative reaction. Even though Sacramento is still as bitter as your crazy ex-girlfriend in college, my Laker gear (outside of Kings games)has not garnered any negative reaction since about 2008-09...

No negative attention until today! I was out for about 2 hours today. It took about 15 minutes for Kings fans to start running their mouth! Yep... feels like it did in the early 2000s again! Thank you Lonzo
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject:

The whiny butt Blazer fans' tears are good - but the Clippers fans' tears are the tastiest!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Lakers diagnosis for the rest of the league?

PAIN
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers organization is rapidly trending upward and Lake-Hate is trending just as fast!
JH from Hemet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject:

And from the ashes the phoenix that is the lakers does riseth yet again

And the rest of the NBA cannot help but lament
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject:

THE HATE IS SWELLING IN THEM NOW!!!
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:17 am    Post subject:

Everyone at my job talking smack hating on the summer league and all that happened.lol just seeing all the haters coming out hating our boys man it just feels RIGHT!
Kookie Monster
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: The Crisp, Refreshing Taste of Haterade

Dr. Laker wrote:

Enter Lonzo Ball.

I LOVE IT!

They're scared.

It tastes GOOD!

Nice!

What are some of your favorite message boards to read about all haterade? I occasionally check up on clutch fans. Any other good ones from other rivals? I'd love to read up on it too.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:32 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
I'll take mine in the Salty Tears flavor. Mhm mhm!

Had to cut down on my sodium intake so I gotta pass. I've replaced it with the Whiny Wine of the haters. It's an acquired taste because it's aged; it's got to ferment until we're winning again.

Then we sip the best (worst comments) Whiny Wine with glee.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject:

They're scared because the Ball is on our court.

BALL CONTROL!
Daikatana
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
The whiny butt Blazer fans' tears are good - but the Clippers fans' tears are the tastiest!

Hmmm Clipper fans' tears are really tasty,

But I really like Boston tears, especially that they passed on Lonzo Ball, and he's already showing he's one of those generational players.

Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject:

Warriors tears are going to be the best. I live in the Bay Area so it's sweet for me.
pokoy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject:

Same here Doc Laker.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
Great thread. My Laker hating Celtic loving cousin didn't have much to say when I told him Lonzo and Kuz may be the best 2 players in this year's draft - and his Celtics passed on both

Then he must be an idiot because that's a ridiculous claim to make.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker - my thoughts exactly on the vitriol from other fans. They're scared by this and they want it to go away. They don't want it to be real. They desperately want what they saw to be an illusion, and artifact of Summer League. First step is disbelief, followed by anger of course. Depression and bargaining will follow for Laker haters.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: