Kyrie Irving wants to be traded.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Kyrie wants a bigger role, Lebron only wants to team up with other superfriends, its pretty obvious this partnership was only going to last for so long....
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Michael Rapaport on Kyrie wanting to leave

https://twitter.com/MichaelRapaport/status/888501035991302144

LOL. That was hilarious!
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Cavs are so screwed. Couldn't happen to a better owner. lol.
FBP Si 2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
Cavs are so screwed. Couldn't happen to a better owner. lol.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Something is seriously going wrong in Cleveland. This is even though they had, at least on paper, as good a roster as they had last year when the won the title. Instead of counting his blessings and knowing that they are one move away from winning another title in 2018, Lebron apparently starts making noise through his camp or whatever that he is leaving after next year. Before the finals are even over.

If that's all true, I don't blame Kyrie for wanting out. If Lebron does leave Cleveland next summer, I will lose almost all respect for him as a leader.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
MJST wrote:
Michael Rapaport on Kyrie wanting to leave

https://twitter.com/MichaelRapaport/status/888501035991302144

That was hysterical.

but damn that song is catchy.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Lebron to the Rockets. Can't you see it coming?
game2488
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Ball and Deng for Kyrie
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Instead of counting his blessings and knowing that they are one move away from winning another title in 2018, Lebron apparently starts making noise through his camp or whatever that he is leaving after next year.

If you think they're 'one move away' from beating a team of Curry, Durant, Thompson and Green you're delusional. Nobody is beating them for the next 2-3 years.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
slavavov wrote:
Instead of counting his blessings and knowing that they are one move away from winning another title in 2018, Lebron apparently starts making noise through his camp or whatever that he is leaving after next year.

If you think they're 'one move away' from beating a team of Curry, Durant, Thompson and Green you're delusional. Nobody is beating them for the next 2-3 years.

The Cavs were right there with them for much of Game 2. They had the lead late in Game 3 and should've won. Often times the little things add up to the big results. Imo that Cavs team didn't have the right mindset as they were losing many games they should've won in the 2nd half of the season, Plus Lebron threw his teammates under the bus when he publically commented that they needed another star.

I know it's easier said than done, but if they had a 3 and D player, that along with a renewed focus on team D might get it done for them. With now that Lebron and Kyrie have one foot out the door it ain't happening.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject:

I feel bad for the environment. Think of all those Kyrie/Lebron jerseys that are going to burn in 2018.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
I feel bad for the environment. Think of all those Kyrie/Lebron jerseys that are going to burn in 2018.

A stone's throw compared with all the dead dinosaur remains being burned on a daily basis.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Dorray wrote:
I guess that means LeBron will probably leave next year too?

This will work out great for the Lakers!
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject:

How about Deng + Nance + a 1st Rnd Pick for Irving

Money works...

lol
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:39 am    Post subject:

This is very interesting situation. Irving has contract till 2020 and hes is already at a contender so this is not a trade demand likes of KG, Melo, CP3, D12 , Love etc. With Lebron's situation up in air wonder what Cavs gonna do? Would they take win now players so they can keep for contending for a year and then become a generic playoff team after Lebron leaves or they take a balanced package for win now and rebuild or they just get young players and picks and go for fully rebuild with puting Love and Lebron at trade market even tho Lebron has no trade clause.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:56 am    Post subject:

Kyrie for Cousins, my prediction
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject:

Kyrie's demand makes sense to me in retrospect since I was surprised. He is in his prime, doesn't want to be Robin wherever he is but wants to win, and doesn't want to be at mercy of whatever aging Lebron does, and superteam is required to win a ring. Plus he has a stupid owner combined with a not so great city in terms of long term opportunities in business, life. Ny has the worst owner in the history of product ownership but it is NY. Minnesota has young talent and great coach and might be real ring competitors if somehow can keep kat wig butler. Spurs best long term for him, but may not best for them. Kawhi has to stay the man there. He's not a number 2.

If bron rejoins who knows how long his contract would be for or even how long he'd be good. Too much uncertainty for Kyrie who wants to be Batman. Leaving is the best bet.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject:

2K giving out replacement stickers for every box of NBA 2K18.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject:

Looks like my hunch was on the right track.

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/888525354133889025

Jordan Schultz wrote:
Source: #Knicks and #Cavs in serious talks centered around Carmelo Anthony and Kyrie Irving+possible 3rd team (maybe #Suns).

Jordan Schultz wrote:
Source: #Cavs trying to work #Suns into a deal. Bledsoe and Chandler would be part of it. Suns want Frank Ntilikina and other picks.

Suns get: Ntilikina, Love
Cavs get: Melo, Bledsoe
Knicks get: Kyrie, Chandler
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Looks like my hunch was on the right track.

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/888525354133889025

Jordan Schultz wrote:
Source: #Knicks and #Cavs in serious talks centered around Carmelo Anthony and Kyrie Irving+possible 3rd team (maybe #Suns).

Jordan Schultz wrote:
Source: #Cavs trying to work #Suns into a deal. Bledsoe and Chandler would be part of it. Suns want Frank Ntilikina and other picks.

Suns get: Ntilikina, Love
Cavs get: Melo, Bledsoe
Knicks get: Kyrie, Chandler

Per source, the #Lakers would pass on Lonzo Ball if #nbadraft was today. Team isn't convinced he's a star and remains concerned about LaVar.

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/871111030918848513

Despite reports, league source tells me #TWolves are unlikely to make a move 4 Jimmy Butler. Thibs likes him a lot, but asking price 2 high.

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/877964564381409281

yeah...
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Something is seriously going wrong in Cleveland. This is even though they had, at least on paper, as good a roster as they had last year when the won the title. Instead of counting his blessings and knowing that they are one move away from winning another title in 2018, Lebron apparently starts making noise through his camp or whatever that he is leaving after next year. Before the finals are even over.

If that's all true, I don't blame Kyrie for wanting out. If Lebron does leave Cleveland next summer, I will lose almost all respect for him as a leader.

So it's Lebron's fault that the owner didn't want to pay for a GM? And it is Lebron's fault that they couldn't put a better supporting cast around him? And it is not Lebron's right to take his services wherever he feels so inclined? He brought a championship to his home state. Now he's playing for a lunatic owner who runs a dysfunctional team. Why is it a reflection on his leadership if he chooses to play somewhere else? That is the definition of free agent, no? He isn't the one forcing a trade, merely making it known he's leaving when he is no longer contractually obligated.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject:

Bledsoe and Carmelo isn't that bad of a deal, actually.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject:

my #1 fear with this is that the lakers will get lebron and trade away all our pieces just to get lebron a "win now team".

Not against getting lebron on the lakers, even though i dislike em, but i am against the lakers trading always all the youngsters to be good for only 2-3 seasons.. at most.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject:

I find TerezOwens suspect this is very plausible though

http://terezowens.com/theres-another-reason-kyrie-irving-allegedly-wants-out-of-cleveland/

Quote:
Many are still speculating over what the real reason is behind Kyrie Irving wanting out of Cleveland. The timing is strange, and no one saw the signs coming, not even LeBron, as the media claims. Our story is LeBron knew this was gong to happen. This reason may make sense if you believe our source, who tells us, “Word is Kyrie wants a trade because LeBron banged his girl, it’s all hush hush right now, but Kryie is over LeBron, and really wants nothing to do with him at this point” says our source. This definitely sounds plausible, and we know there have always been rumors about LeBron’s exploits with women not named Savannah. These two were definitely pretty tight at one time, so to see this premature breakup is definitely making people scratch their heads. LeBron also says he’s not intervening, and will let the front office deal with it, doesn’t sound very LeBron like at all. This has to be it.-TO
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
slavavov wrote:

So it's Lebron's fault that the owner didn't want to pay for a GM? And it is Lebron's fault that they couldn't put a better supporting cast around him? And it is not Lebron's right to take his services wherever he feels so inclined? He brought a championship to his home state. Now he's playing for a lunatic owner who runs a dysfunctional team. Why is it a reflection on his leadership if he chooses to play somewhere else? That is the definition of free agent, no? He isn't the one forcing a trade, merely making it known he's leaving when he is no longer contractually obligated.

In 2015 Lebron publically called for Dan Gilbert to pay Tristan Thompson and JR Smith more than they were worth on the market. Especially Thompson, since they gave him almost the max when he's merely a role player. Before that he wanted them to trade Wiggins for Kevin Love, which many people question. Now the Cavs are over the max. Maybe all they really need is an effective 3 and D player. Or maybe if Lebron defers much of his ball handling responsibilities to Irving so that he can focus more on D it would be a big step in the right direction.

Obviously Lebron has the right to be a free agent. But I question whether leaving a team that has a young borderline superstar in Irving, and a team that isn't exactly old and washed up is a wise choice.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11
Jump to: