Would you be okay with the Lakers signing Derrick Rose?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you be okay with the Lakers signing Derrick Rose?
Yes
53%
 53%  [ 95 ]
No
46%
 46%  [ 83 ]
Total Votes : 178

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
The poll is very close. Almost a coin toss. I wonder if the Lakers are waiting on his decision or have they moved on.

The Kyrie news very well could delay this for a while.
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
32 wrote:
The poll is very close. Almost a coin toss. I wonder if the Lakers are waiting on his decision or have they moved on.

The Kyrie news very well could delay this for a while.

Yup, that is the first domino to fall
D's Advocate
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: .

I'd be ok with it but I wouldn't prefer it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject:

NickDaQwik wrote:
Are we forgetting this is a guy coming off a sexual assault trial, no less than a year ago? While he wasn't found liable, theres something to be said about putting oneself in those type of situations.

Oh you mean the one where he let his group of friends gangbang his GF? That one, or so I've read.

Quote:
On August 26, 2015, Jane Doe filed a civil suit against Rose and two of his closest friends, Randall Hampton and Ryan Allen. The suit alleges that two years prior in Los Angeles, California, the three men drugged her at a party, then hours later in the early morning of August 27, 2013, trespassed into her apartment and proceeded to gang rape her while she was unconscious

link

Last edited by LakerLand247 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Get Clark and call it a day. Rose could be a major distraction if things does not go his way and I rather not have that. I do think he has enough game to be a contributor but not enough to take that risk.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Get Clark and call it a day. Rose could be a major distraction if things does not go his way and I rather not have that. I do think he has enough game to be a contributor but not enough to take that risk.

but who is the backup PG? Clark is not a PG.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject:

NickDaQwik wrote:
Are we forgetting this is a guy coming off a sexual assault trial, no less than a year ago? While he wasn't found liable, theres something to be said about putting oneself in those type of situations.

If anyone could understand that, it's Laker fans. We had a pretty damn good player on our squad who went through his own extremely high profile sexual assault case.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
CRoost wrote:

Lonzo to play 30-35, JC to play 5-10 and Ennis to play whatever left 5-15.

I can't imagine Rose being happy with 10-15 minutes. He's a volume scorer, not a microwave one.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
NickDaQwik wrote:

If anyone could understand that, it's Laker fans. We had a pretty damn good player on our squad who went through his own extremely high profile sexual assault case.

Well Derrick also just didn't show up for a game.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18440024/new-york-knicks-derrick-rose-unexplained-absence-returns-team

Like straight disappeared, folks didn't hear from him until the next day. I was a massive Rose fan so much so that I routinely called the Bulls "my East Conference team" during the height of the Rose/Noah days, but dude has issues nowadays. He was a mess towards the end of his Chicago tenure, and he was a mess on NYK. Granted, both of those organizations are a mess, but we have been too. We're just now getting things back together and we don't need that kind of nonsense on our squad right now (or ever, really, but particularly not now).
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
NickDaQwik wrote:

That was a bad time and a drain on our team.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
NickDaQwik wrote:

That was a bad time and a drain on our team.

Yes, it was during the trial until the girl settled out of court. Rose's trial is already over.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject:

NickDaQwik wrote:

Half of the Lakers jerseys we've retired were worn by players who put themselves in those types of situations.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Ehhhh. It's most definitely a Magic type of move. Washed up big name. I was thinking about a week ago how I was surprised the Lakers haven't been connected to DRose.

Rose put up okay numbers last year but he has tunnel vision to the max, cant shoot, and doesn't defend. None the less, for the room exception, I wouldnt complain.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
adkindo wrote:
CRoost wrote:

Lonzo to play 30-35, JC to play 5-10 and Ennis to play whatever left 5-15.

I can't imagine Rose being happy with 10-15 minutes. He's a volume scorer, not a microwave one.

You really think Lonzo is going to or should play 30-35 mpg....
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
NickDaQwik wrote:

Half of the Lakers jerseys we've retired were worn by players who put themselves in those types of situations.

Very true. And perhaps you're being conservative with your estimate.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject:

What's wrong with Tyler Ennis?

Isn't Rose broken down? And will a former MVP who's supposed to still be in his prime but seemingly breaking down prematurely take a back seat to a rookie pg?

I would assume (hope) the FO knows something we don't but on the surface doesn't look good to me.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject:

If they do sign him, I would love to see a press conference. Just to hear talk about how Rose is the type of character they envision when they took on this job. The culture they're trying to build, the character, it all screams Derrick Rose doesn't it?

A lot are saying he's not a good fit, but I"m actually okay with it. A back-up PG that has a different style than the starter is a good thing to mix things up. But I'm equally interested to see how Maginka will steer the conference to avoid sounding like hypocrites.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:24 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
If they do sign him, I would love to see a press conference. Just to hear talk about how Rose is the type of character they envision when they took on this job. The culture they're trying to build, the character, it all screams Derrick Rose doesn't it?

A lot are saying he's not a good fit, but I"m actually okay with it. A back-up PG that has a different style than the starter is a good thing to mix things up. But I'm equally interested to see how Maginka will steer the conference to avoid sounding like hypocrites.

I'm looking forward to pelinka's story
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

"Well, you know I like to tell stories. You see as you all may know, one of my clients was Kobe Bryant, and .. we really learned a lot from each other, when it was the summer of 2007 we made a gamble, and it really paid off. But yeah, Kobe and I are obviously close, our families know each other, and sometimes we vacation together. This particular vacation took place in Spain. I don't know if any of you are familiar with Spain, but it's a beautiful place to visit, Madrid, and all these wonderful places.

We had actually been to Spain, quite a few times, but this time we were actually in Pamplona and.. I don't know if you guys are familiar with their customs, you see out here we have the 4th of July, but in Pamplona their celebration is called Encierro. But out here they call it The Running of the Bulls.

And uh.. Kobe was interested to see it. You know Kobe, he was always looking for an edge in competition and he had studied animals before, and I can gather that for some reason he felt there'd be insight in seeing the Bulls run so I wasn't going to argue with him. I couldn't argue with him, because he insisted on bringing me too. (pause for laughter).

But, we were there, and of course you can participate in the race, or you can stand at a safe location. So obviously, being his agent and looking out for the safety of my client, I wasn't going to let him run with the Bulls. I said "Kobe.. this may be the one Bull you don't want to stare down." (pause for laughter)

So he.. begrudgingly.. took a stand to watch in attendance. And we saw the Bulls just trying to run down the people and they were trying to escape, and the formation the Bulls would take looked something like an NBA fast break almost, so I said "They're running like the Showtime Lakers." and he said "Yeah, same rules as the 80s too." And we both laughed.

But... you see so many of them they all can kind of be redundant but, one Bull really stood out. He had fallen earlier during the race and he sort of, lagged behind the pack a bit, we didn't know if he was hurt or not, but he sort of got up slow. And some guy, decided that was his moment to try to be brave. So he got up and he taunted the Bull who could, scarcely stand a second ago, but when that Bull saw the target ahead of it, and saw the challenge ahead after the man had counted him out. He charged at him, with as much speed as the other bulls before it and nearly took the guy down had the guy not jumped over the side to a safe distance but the Bull had caught his pants and took them with him till they fell off.

But Kobe looked at that bull and went "That's me." and we sort of laughed, because you know, he was at a point in his career where people had counted him out and he was looking to charge through them in the same way. But we came away from that thinking that, you know it doesn't matter if the once young Bull falls down, it's about if they still have that gleam in their eye when they get up, and see the challenge in front of them, and if that gleam is still there, no matter the obstacle, they will push to charge through it, just to prove you wrong.

When we saw Derrick Rose last year, we saw that same Bull, we saw that same gleam in his eyes to prove his doubters wrong, and we saw him trying to go through anyone that didn't think he was going to get back up again, even given the circumstances. And that's something you need on your team, if you're gonna Run the bulls, and that's what we intend on doing this year as a team to other teams, so naturally, we needed that one experienced Bull that people counted out, only to find him waiting to run through them the moment they'd given up on him.

That Bull, is Derrick Rose, and we expect him to do just that against any team he plays against, and in whatever lineup he's in. When he came to us in the meeting and we laid out what we envisioned our role was for him, a lot of players that were once in the position he is in would have ended the meeting there. But that meeting lasted 3 hours, and at the end of it all he looked at Luke, Magic and me and said "I just want to ball." and once he left that office, I looked at Magic and said, 'There's our Bull.'."

Last edited by MJST on Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:16 am    Post subject:

ratra_1211
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:55 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

"Well, you know I like to tell stories. You see as you all may know, one of my clients was Kobe Bryant, and .. we really learned a lot from each other, when it was the summer of 2007 we made a gamble, and it really paid off. But yeah, Kobe and I are obviously close, our families know each other, and sometimes we vacation together. This particular vacation took place in Spain. I don't know if any of you are familiar with Spain, but it's a beautiful place to visit, Madrid, and all these wonderful places.

We had actually been to Spain, quite a few times, but this time we were actually in Pamplona and.. I don't know if you guys are familiar with their customs, you see out here we have the 4th of July, but in Pamplona their celebration is called Encierro. But out here they call it The Running of the Bulls.

And uh.. Kobe was interested to see it. You know Kobe, he was always looking for an edge in competition and he had studied animals before, and I can gather that for some reason he felt there'd be insight in seeing the Bulls run so I wasn't going to argue with him. I couldn't argue with him, because he insisted on bringing me too. (pause for laughter).

But, we were there, and of course you can participate in the race, or you can stand at a safe location. So obviously, being his agent and looking out for the safety of my client, I wasn't going to let him run with the Bulls. I said "Kobe.. this may be the one Bull you don't want to stare down." (pause for laughter)

So he.. begrudgingly.. took a stand to watch in attendance. And we saw the Bulls just trying to run down the people and they were trying to escape, and the formation the Bulls would take looked something like an NBA fast break almost, so I said "They're running like the Showtime Lakers." and he said "Yeah, same rules as the 80s too." And we both laughed.

But... you see so many of them they all can kind of be redundant but, one Bull really stood out. He had fallen earlier during the race and he sort of, lagged behind the pack a bit, we didn't know if he was hurt or not, but he sort of got up slow. And some guy, decided that was his moment to try to be brave. So he got up and he taunted the Bull who could, scarcely stand a second ago, but when that Bull saw the target ahead of it, and saw the challenge ahead after the man had counted him out. He charged at him, with as much speed as the other bulls before it and nearly took the guy down had the guy not jumped over the side to a safe distance but the Bull had caught his pants and took them with him till they fell off.

But Kobe looked at that bull and went "That's me." and we sort of laughed, because you know, he was at a point in his career where people had counted him out and he was looking to charge through them in the same way. But we came away from that thinking that, you know it doesn't matter if the once young Bull falls down, it's about if they still have that gleam in their eye when they get up, and see the challenge in front of them, and if that gleam is still there, no matter the obstacle, they will push to charge through it, just to prove you wrong.

When we saw Derrick Rose last year, we saw that same Bull, we saw that same gleam in his eyes to prove his doubters wrong, and we saw him trying to go through anyone that didn't think he was going to get back up again, even given the circumstances. And that's something you need on your team, if you're gonna Run the bulls, and that's what we intend on doing this year as a team to other teams, so naturally, we needed that one experienced Bull that people counted out, only to find him waiting to run through them the moment they'd given up on him.

That Bull, is Derrick Rose, and we expect him to do just that against any team he plays against, and in whatever lineup he's in. When he came to us in the meeting and we laid out what we envisioned our role was for him, a lot of players that were once in the position he is in would have ended the meeting there. But that meeting lasted 3 hours, and at the end of it all he looked at Luke, Magic and me and said "I just want to ball." and once he left that office, I looked at Magic and said, 'There's our Bull.'."

we found pelinka's account
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:56 am    Post subject:

The chances of Rose signing with us after he meets with the Cavs today is less than 1%. I bet the farm on that.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
The chances of Rose signing with us after he meets with the Cavs today is less than 1%. I bet the farm on that.

I'm rooting for Rose to the cavs. Pick up Clark and Ennis and we are good.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

I'm rooting for Rose to the cavs. Pick up Clark and Ennis and we are good.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
NickDaQwik wrote:

Oh you mean the one where he let his group of friends gangbang his GF? That one, or so I've read.

Quote:
On August 26, 2015, Jane Doe filed a civil suit against Rose and two of his closest friends, Randall Hampton and Ryan Allen. The suit alleges that two years prior in Los Angeles, California, the three men drugged her at a party, then hours later in the early morning of August 27, 2013, trespassed into her apartment and proceeded to gang sexual assault her while she was unconscious

[url=https://thinkprogress.org/derrick-rose-sexual assault-case-2182c16b55e2]link[/url]

Wasnt aware of this...can't be down with this wipe wearing our colors or being around our kids...who does something like this to their woman.

If true.

#BannersOverBillboards
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: