Jordan Clarkson Says "Lakers are going to be scary"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject:

lakerfan2012 wrote:
Can someone explain the "Who is Clarkson?" joke?

The numerous times Magic & Pelinka mention our young core moving forward, they often skip Clarkson's name. Even when he's in attendance. I've only heard Magic mention him once with the rest of the core... So basically the joke is, "Who's Clarkson?" Since he's rarely mentioned.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Yes, for Clarkson the Lakers will be scary. While he faces us twice a year as a member of the Bulls or Cavs... 😂
#StayInYoLane
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject:

I am optimistic about this season and ready to begin the new laker regime! However, I am somewhat tired of laker players talking about the season before it actually starts!

Let's stop with the "RA-RA" and lets put in some real work and let our performance speak for itself (get some W's). Let the opponent realize how scary we are as we come out the gate of the regular season with guns blazing!
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:41 am    Post subject:

Clarkson is a young guy who is a real hard worker and he is still finding his game. A lot of guys don't figure it out until their 4th or 5th season. Steve Nash is a good example.

His problem with defense seems to be seeing the court because he had the speed, size and quickness to be a good defender.

Speed we have is scary. Randle, Clarkson, Kuzma, KCP, BI and Zo are all burners. Brewer is too. If Luke stretches the rotation he can run a pressure defense similar to the great Bulls teams.

If Clarkson is a little better on the 3 pointer, catches the Lonzo passing bug and plays a little better defense he will be a beast. There is very little on him breaking out to a new level and the consensus seems to be that he is what he is and will not get better. I think that is a wrong view for a guy who works as hard as Clarkson does.

His biggest problem on offense and defense is seeing the floor properly. He can get better at that with more experience, more practice and film work. If we are going to be running and playing pressure defense we will need the rotation players to play major minutes and Clarkson can really score and put pressure on a defense. He just needs to fit into the flow a little bit better but there is a fine line between becoming fitting in and losing your aggressiveness.

I do think we will be scary this year.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Scary as in run teams off the court, yes. Imo they will pile up a few wins just based on some teams not being able to keep up. Hopefully they get to 35 wins. If they add some surprising performances defensively, they might get close to 40 wins. Anything over 35 is a step in the right direction.
Nothing that a 35 win team does is scary.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Scary as in run teams off the court, yes. Imo they will pile up a few wins just based on some teams not being able to keep up. Hopefully they get to 35 wins. If they add some surprising performances defensively, they might get close to 40 wins. Anything over 35 is a step in the right direction.
Nothing that a 35 win team does is scary.

Maybe not as a threat for qualifying for the playoffs, but there are teams that can be a pain in the ass to play and that's how you start building towards the end goal.

I don't think many teams will look forward to all the running they will have to do to keep up. Like someone said, the lakers could be that 930 team. You go from there...
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
In all seriousness, I have a feeling Jordan Clarkson would thrive playing with Lonzo Ball.

he's gotta learn to give up the rock.

Clarkson is a ball stopper and an over dribbler..

our uptempo offense doesn't work with a guy who does that.

hopefully the passing becomes contagious that even clarkson buys in.

this is a total misconception. Clarkson played well with Kobe during his second year, that was prior to him being put to the bench in favor of Russell.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
In all seriousness, I have a feeling Jordan Clarkson would thrive playing with Lonzo Ball.

he's gotta learn to give up the rock.

Clarkson is a ball stopper and an over dribbler..

our uptempo offense doesn't work with a guy who does that.

hopefully the passing becomes contagious that even clarkson buys in.

this is a total misconception. Clarkson played well with Kobe during his second year, that was prior to him being put to the bench in favor of Russell.

Never mind the team just drafted Lonzo to play PG and signed a starting SG. They also believe they need a backup "PG." I think his days here are probably numbered.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Well he did it. He finally got his name to be part of narrative.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:

Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...

It's time that a really futile and stupid gesture be made on SOMEbody's behalf!

-We're just the guys ta do it!...
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject:

I'm really hoping that he will put up career numbers before the trade deadline so we can ship him out and attach Deng.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
Clarkson is a young guy who is a real hard worker and he is still finding his game. A lot of guys don't figure it out until their 4th or 5th season. Steve Nash is a good example.

His problem with defense seems to be seeing the court because he had the speed, size and quickness to be a good defender.

Speed we have is scary. Randle, Clarkson, Kuzma, KCP, BI and Zo are all burners. Brewer is too. If Luke stretches the rotation he can run a pressure defense similar to the great Bulls teams.

If Clarkson is a little better on the 3 pointer, catches the Lonzo passing bug and plays a little better defense he will be a beast. There is very little on him breaking out to a new level and the consensus seems to be that he is what he is and will not get better. I think that is a wrong view for a guy who works as hard as Clarkson does.

His biggest problem on offense and defense is seeing the floor properly. He can get better at that with more experience, more practice and film work. If we are going to be running and playing pressure defense we will need the rotation players to play major minutes and Clarkson can really score and put pressure on a defense. He just needs to fit into the flow a little bit better but there is a fine line between becoming fitting in and losing your aggressiveness.

JC has had 4 years of college and 3 years of NBA experience yet he still cannot see the floor well enough to play even average D?

To me this indicates that he lacks the desire to play defense and lacks the the competitive streak to care when the player he is guarding scores on him again and again.

I hope he turns it around and makes a breakthrough this season!
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject:

next year they will be a fun team to watch.... next summer then can be scary with this lineup

Randle
Lebron
Ingram
PG13
Ball
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Ease up on Clarkson. He probably felt if he passed to Lou Will, D'Angelo or Randle he would never see the ball again. Let's see how he plays with an unselfish team this year.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:

i agree with you. all JC has to do is get a bit better with that 3 ball and play a bit better on defense. i mean if Nick young could do it after like 8 years in. I know JC can.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:
Ease up on Clarkson. He probably felt if he passed to Lou Will, D'Angelo or Randle he would never see the ball again. Let's see how he plays with an unselfish team this year.
randle passed it to everyone. so why mention Ju like he was a black hole when he wasnt? early season Lou will was someone you dont pass too unless you know he's going to shoot it for an assist. otherwise you aint getting it back.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: