OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
He has some Antione Walker in his game.

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject:

I see a little of Robert Horry and Shawn Marion without the ugly jump shot
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject:

IMO the LO comparo is kinda off base. I like the taller Klay comparo better.

LO was a great passer and ball handler for his size, but he did not like to shoot much. IMO Kuz is a much more aggressive shooter than LO, but does not have the handles or play making ability that LO did. Also, LO was not a very consistent defender, seemed to have a low motor on that end of the floor. Kuz seems to like to play D, coach said he was directing the D out on the floor during the SPL.

Klay is also a great catch and shoot guy who loves to play D but does not have great handles. IMO that seems more like our guy Kuz.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject:

None of those guys mentioned has the footwork or the quick release that Kuz has. I see some Detlef Schrempf in him.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject:

more mobile Rasheed Wallace?
4OnTheFloor
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

Kuzma doesn't have half the post moves Sheed had.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject:

I feel like he's a poor man's team-ball version of a young Carmelo Anthony or Tobias Harris type of player and I don't mean that as an insult.

I'm a huge fan of Kuzma.. I'm still watching replays of old games.. I don't think I've watched SUMMER LEAGUE game replays as much as I have this year.. I can't wait for preseason to see the development of ball, Kuzma and Hart
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
I feel like he's a poor man's team-ball version of a young Carmelo Anthony or Tobias Harris type of player and I don't mean that as an insult.

I'm a huge fan of Kuzma.. I'm still watching replays of old games.. I don't think I've watched SUMMER LEAGUE game replays as much as I have this year.. I can't wait for preseason to see the development of ball, Kuzma and Hart

Tatum reminds me of Melo though. I think Kuzma is more of a Cliff Robinson type. He can stretch the floor and also does not mind getting dirty inside.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject:

4OnTheFloor wrote:
2019 wrote:

Kuzma doesn't have half the post moves Sheed had.

Sheed was also taller it seemed to me. He truly was a long player, he had all kinds of skills but in my opinion badly underacheived.
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject:

A slower Sean Elliot?
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Boris Diaw-Rashard Lewis hybrid
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject:

I do think Rashard Lewis is a good comparison for him.

And that guy was a fine player. Kuz might have a bit more dog in him in though which you guys know I love.

I want guys who will D up and take it personally when they get scored on. Lonzo gets a pass because he is The Savior.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I do think Rashard Lewis is a good comparison for him.

And that guy was a fine player. Kuz might have a bit more dog in him in though which you guys know I love.

I want guys who will D up and take it personally when they get scored on. Lonzo gets a pass because he is The Savior.

Agree with you Lanny, I love his fiestyness on D! It is a breath of fresh air on this squad.

I think that Lonzo will be better on D than you think, he has a strong will to win. Dude got a ton of steals in the SPL and he blocked some shots!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
He has some Antione Walker in his game.

I kind of see it (offensively).
But as long as Kuzma doesn't shimmy: http://ballislife.com/tribute-to-the-antoine-walker-shimmy-the-original-nba-meme/
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
Watching Kuzma was so much fun this summer. It was as fun as watching Lonzo because it was so unexpected.

I know it is only summer league and he has many rough nights ahead of him, however, it is great to think that not only did he outperform expectations but he also did it against one of the beat draft classes in years.

I was watching that 10 min college highlight package of his on draft nite and by the first 5 minutes, I was chuckling to myself in disbelief that 20 teams didn't find someone to like there. I knew that was a good pick immediately, but I didn't realize he was gonna look even better during SL. I'm glad we finally got one of these steals before the Spurs.

That ain't no Brian Cookie Dough skillset. Check all the Lakerfam in the comments:

Last edited by non-player zealot on Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject:

I think Kuzma's age was against him as much as anything when it came to his draft position.

And he is no Brian Cook- thank goodness! I could not stand that guy on the lakers, what a wasted pick he was even late in the first round. Dude could not leap higher than a single piece of paper laying flat.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject:

NIKE contract

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/7/25/16024402/la-lakers-news-kyle-kuzma-porsche-birthday-present-vroom-vroom
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Kyle Kuzma: No One Expected Him to Be THIS Good!

Is Kyle Kuzma The Biggest Steal Of The 2017 NBA Draft?

DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
NIKE contract

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/7/25/16024402/la-lakers-news-kyle-kuzma-porsche-birthday-present-vroom-vroom

Bruh that porche is like 80k, majority in here could prolly afford that. No need to have a Nike contract lol.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Ive noticed he loves the spin move....even the double spin
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
governator wrote:
NIKE contract

Bruh that porche is like 80k, majority in here could prolly afford that. No need to have a Nike contract lol.

Props to you brother but I'm lucky to be in my Mazda at this point. I suppose if I moved back in with my pops and didn't have to pay rent I could do it.
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
governator wrote:
NIKE contract

Props to you brother but I'm lucky to be in my Mazda at this point. I suppose if I moved back in with my pops and didn't have to pay rent I could do it.

Yep, that statement is patently false. First off, the base model is $85k. Secondly, insurance alone on a car like that is at least $200 a month. For a 22 year old? It's probably much higher than that. On top of your $1500+ monthly car payment and I highly doubt that a majority of the people here could afford it. I make over 6 figures a year and technically, I could buy this car even with my mortgage taken into account. But my quality of life would be garbage with that much money put into a vehicle. And that's the base friggin' model. Being able to buy is not the same as being able to afford. That's not even taking into account other operating costs.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject:

FanOfFour wrote:
Roon wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
governator wrote:
NIKE contract

Yep, that statement is patently false. First off, the base model is $85k. Secondly, insurance alone on a car like that is at least $200 a month. For a 22 year old? It's probably much higher than that. On top of your $1500+ monthly car payment and I highly doubt that a majority of the people here could afford it. I make over 6 figures a year and technically, I could buy this car even with my mortgage taken into account. But my quality of life would be garbage with that much money put into a vehicle. And that's the base friggin' model. Being able to buy is not the same as being able to afford. That's not even taking into account other operating costs.

Thanks six figures...go post on a car site
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject:

FanOfFour wrote:
Roon wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
governator wrote:
NIKE contract

You dont even kno his down-payment doe!!!!!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject:

I can't afford it. And I love my Prius.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 67 of 880
Jump to: