Draymond Green out here beating people up.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vic5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject:

Why is the judge in this case named Richard Ball though? That is a fact by the way.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Vic5150 wrote:
Why is the judge in this case named Richard Ball though? That is a fact by the way.

If that's true the judge had better be very, very careful when Draymond Green approaches the bench.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject:

I can't even criticize because in my younger days I did some beating up and getting beat up, such is life. Maybe the annoying fan deserved to get slapped.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Draymond-Green-Agrees-to-Plea-Deal-on-Assault-Charge-387946922.html

Quote:
Draymond Green's criminal case for allegedly slapping a man outside a bar in East Lansing, Michigan finalized Friday, with Green reaching a plea deal, according to his attorney.

According to the deal, penalties for the Warriors power forward will include a $500 fine, a $60 jail restitution and a conditional reduction of the assault charge to a civil infraction, requiring Green to steer clear of criminal offenses and to stay away from the victim.

To be fair, former MSU CB Edmondson had it better than Green's other victims. Just ask Steven Adams.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject:

The best parts are the straight faces when they proclaim that no special treatment was afforded to Green ... our public servants are so accustomed to (bleep) lying right to our faces by now, it's not even worth paying attention.

He received a parking ticket, basically, for committing assault & battery multiple times ... apparently victimizing the same individual twice ... yeah, don't try that at home.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/07/24/draymond-green-reportedly-to-face-civil-lawsuit-over-2016-lansing-incident/

Quote:
Draymond Green reportedly to face civil lawsuit over 2016 Lansing incident

Last summer, just before going to camp for the Rio Olympics, Draymond Green got into some kind of altercation with Michigan State University football Jermaine Edmondson. Green allegedly slapped him during this. Green was arrested, but the prosecutors had better things to deal with, so Green’s charges were reduced to a noise violation, where Green had to pay a $500 fine and $60 restitution fee. Because it was a civil infraction, there is no “guilty” or “not guilty” plea entered. And that was the end of it.

Or so we thought.

According to Marc Spears of ESPN, a civil suit is about to stem from this.

Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green, facing a civil lawsuit believed to be tied to an incident last July in which he allegedly slapped a former Michigan State football player, is confident things “will be resolved soon.”…

The expectation from Green’s camp is that the lawsuit is in response to a sequence of events last July that culminated in Green allegedly slapping then-Spartan player Jermaine Edmondson. The alleged slap followed a verbal dispute outside an East Lansing bar in the early morning of July 10, 2016, and was preceded by an encounter two nights earlier allegedly involving Edmondson, his girlfriend, Green and two of the NBA star’s associates.

I’m not going to speculate on the validity of the claim, or the motive for the suit, I was not hanging out in a Lansing bar last July and I am not in the plaintiff’s head.

I can say, as someone who spent years as a young reporter covering courts and police, these kinds of cases are tough for the plaintiff to prove his/her case and get paid. While in a civil case the standard to reach drops to “a preponderance of the evidence,” the plaintiff has to prove damages. The fact prosecutors wanted nothing to do with the case usually is a sign it’s a difficult case to make.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
I can't even criticize because in my younger days I did some beating up and getting beat up, such is life. .

Maybe that's your life. It's not my mine. And it's not the life of most of the people I know.
MIZ83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Nothing serious from a criminal standpoint

Now, a year later, the victim of an open hand slap is seeking a big settlement in civil court. Lakers fans, of all people, ought to know about that. I'm not defending any sort of violence. Celebrities, furthermore, ought to realize that even an action that would not seriously injure a person will get prosecuted for damages, even though the victim was not totally innocent. Green probably will learn an expensive lesson.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Draymond is in dire need of anger management counseling. He truly has a problem. I say this not only because of this incident. I say it because of how he handles himself in games.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
MIZ83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Draymond is in dire need of anger management counseling. He truly has a problem. I say this not only because of this incident. I say it because of how he handles himself in games.

He did much better this year, didn't he? This civil suit is from the same incident from last year, not a new one. I'm not excusing slapping anyone. I'm just pointing out that it is fallout from the same poor decision from last year, when someone got in his face.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject:

MIZ83 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

He did much better this year, didn't he? This civil suit is from the same incident from last year, not a new one. I'm not excusing slapping anyone. I'm just pointing out that it is fallout from the same poor decision from last year, when someone got in his face.

Thanks, I didn't read the post date.

I don't rescind my saying he needs anger management counseling.

OTOH, if he calmed down it might affect his play, he plays on the edge.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
defense wrote:
I can't even criticize because in my younger days I did some beating up and getting beat up, such is life. .

Maybe that's your life. It's not my mine. And it's not the life of most of the people I know.

Not sure what you're getting at. Did you feel the need to state that you're friends and you live a life that is different from mine? Am I somehow inferior to you because of this?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:51 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
activeverb wrote:
defense wrote:

Not sure what you're getting at. Did you feel the need to state that you're friends and you live a life that is different from mine? Am I somehow inferior to you because of this?

By beating up you didn't mean you hit women did you?

Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject:

You know, if any of you were at a bar and someone taunted you with malice, you might pop them too.

If I gave someone personal krap in a public place, as a man, I expect a reaction. F that dude for looking for this. He should be publicly ridiculed. His whole shtick is soooooo lacking. He should be shamed as a man!!

I hate the Celtics, but I am NOT EVER going to give them grief in public. That is rude, no matter what way you look at it.

Green should have hit him harder.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
You know, if any of you were at a bar and someone taunted you with malice, you might pop them too.

If I gave someone personal krap in a public place, as a man, I expect a reaction. F that dude for looking for this. He should be publicly ridiculed. His whole shtick is soooooo lacking. He should be shamed as a man!!

I hate the Celtics, but I am NOT EVER going to give them grief in public. That is rude, no matter what way you look at it.

Green should have hit him harder.

From the press conference of the other half of the mother-daughter dual of famed ambulance chasers Allred-Bloom law firm, this couple sounded like they were "stalking" Draymond Green.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
defense wrote:
activeverb wrote:
defense wrote:

Lol of course not
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
jodeke wrote:
defense wrote:
activeverb wrote:
defense wrote:

Lol of course not

I got what you were say. I was wondering how one could go through life without ever having a fight? If you fight you'll beat up or get beat up, that's the way it is.

defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
defense wrote:
jodeke wrote:
defense wrote:
activeverb wrote:
defense wrote:

Lol of course not

I got what you were say. I was wondering how one could go through life without ever having a fight? If you fight you'll beat up or get beat up, that's the way it is.

Yea, that's all I'm saying. I didn't go around smacking people for no reason. Sometimes you have to defend yourself.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Odds are the dude probably got what was coming to him.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Quote:
Eric Pincus Retweeted
Evan Sernoffsky ‏@EvanSernoffsky 2h2 hours ago
Source close to the Draymond investigation says he slapped taunting fan at a nightclub in East Lansing. Victim's manhood injured

corrected for accuracy
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject:

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2017/09/19/magic-johnson-subpoenaed-draymond-green-lawsuit-california/683663001/

Quote:
Magic Johnson subpoenaed in Draymond Green lawsuit in California

Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green, a former Michigan State star and Saginaw native, stops by Comerica Park on Sept. 14, 2017, to throw out the first pitch. By George Sipple, DFP.

Attorneys for former MSU football player Jermaine Edmondson want to question Johnson about a tweet he posted following the incident last year

OAKLAND, Calif. — Magic Johnson has been subpoenaed to testify as a witness in a former Michigan State football player’s lawsuit against Golden State Warriors star and former MSU All-America Draymond Green, according to court documents.

Attorneys for Jermaine Edmondson, who is suing Green over an alleged 2016 assault, want to question Johnson about a tweet he posted following the incident outside a Michigan restaurant.

The MSU legend, Basketball Hall of Famer and current Los Angeles Lakers executive in a July 2016 post wrote that he had a conversation with Green, and “he was very apologetic to the Warriors organization, fans and everyone involved.”

Golden State Warriors' Draymond Green throws the first
Golden State Warriors' Draymond Green throws the first pitch to Tigers' Mikie Mahtook prior to a baseball game against the White Sox on Thursday, Sept. 14, 2017 at Comerica Park in Detroit. (Photo: Jose Juarez, AP)
The subpoena requested on Sept. 7 by Edmondson’s attorneys, The Bloom Firm, requires Johnson to appear and give a deposition Oct. 4 at a Lakers practice facility in Los Angeles. Attorney A. Douglas Mastroianni is requesting that Johnson provide any documents or social media posts regarding Edmondson and his girlfriend, Bianca Williams, according to court records.

“This is a case in which there are few eyewitnesses other than the parties themselves. This means that it is especially important to find out what Mr. Green told others about what happened,” plaintiff attorney Lisa Bloom wrote in an email.

Attempts to reach Johnson through a Lakers spokesperson were unsuccessful. A court filing quoting his attorney said he will comply with the subpoena.

Mar 19, 2017; Tulsa, OK, USA; Golden State Warriors
Mar 19, 2017; Tulsa, OK, USA; Golden State Warriors power forward Draymond Green on the court before the game between the Kansas Jayhawks and the Michigan State Spartans in the second round of the 2017 NCAA tournament at BOK Center. (Photo: Kevin Jairaj, USA TODAY Sports)
San Francisco 49ers wide receiver and former MSU player Aaron Burbridge has also been subpoenaed to testify on Oct. 17 in Oakland, Calif. Burbridge is asked to bring relevant text messages and other communications between himself and Green, court documents show.

The depositions are part of the July 25 lawsuit filed by Edmondson and Williams, which seeks damages for assault, battery and infliction of emotional distress. The couple accuse Green of striking Edmondson in the face after Edmondson confronted Green about a run-in they had the previous night. Green was arrested but avoided jail time and paid a fine as part of a plea deal.

The civil lawsuit puts Green’s character on trial, even in otherwise mundane court filings. Over the past month, in an attempt to persuade a judge that California is the proper venue for the suit, Edmondson’s attorneys have used news articles of Green’s off-court behavior — driving 118 m.p.h. on an Oakland freeway, posting a lewd photo on Snapchat — as court exhibits.

Attorneys for the 2017 NBA defensive player of the year have filed a motion to dismiss the suit on the basis that the Golden State does not have jurisdiction to hear the case because the alleged assault occurred in Michigan, also where Green has his permanent home. His attorney, James Heos, did not respond to a request for comment, and Warriors spokesman Raymond Ridder said the team had no comment.

Warriors all-star and 2016-17 defensive player of the year Draymond Green sued for alleged assault, battery. Time_Sports

Bloom, however, said several relevant witnesses either live in or closer to California, including Johnson and Arizona resident Leon Coleman. In a declaration filed in August, Coleman, a retired referee, said Green acted aggressively in response to being called for two offensive fouls during a 2013 charity basketball tournament. After the first foul, Green threw the ball across the court; after the second, he screamed and cursed at Coleman “for minutes on end,” he wrote.

Green called him a “half-ass referee” at halftime, and his antics caused one attendee to write to the Warriors and his college coach at Michigan State,Tom Izzo, according to the declaration.

“I noticed the looks on the faces of people in the stands,” Coleman wrote. “Some people looked appalled, especially parents with young kids who were watching. Other people were laughing, which was humiliating. I believe they would not have laughed at me if Draymond Green were not a rich athlete, especially because he is so famous for being rude, violent and dramatic on the court.”

The motion to dismiss the case is scheduled to be heard Nov. 16 in Alameda County Superior Court.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: