Which Game(s) Do You Regret Not Watching Until The End?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MojoRisin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Which Game(s) Do You Regret Not Watching Until The End?

Turning the Dodger game off in the 7th last night only to see them come back and win has gotten me thinking of how many games I regret not watching until the bitter end.

A few off the top of my head..

The Comeback Game January 3, 1993 Buffalo Bills vs Houston Oilers
Kirk Gibson's game winning home run 1988 World Series
Bill Buckner 1986 World Series Game 6 "Between the Legs"

You would think by now I would have learned my lesson.. apparently not.

What say you?
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject:

I almost turned off Kobe's 81 point game out of disgust about losing by 20 to the Raptors.

I literally turned the game off at halftime, not intending to turn it back on. But I couldn't help myself, and checked the score with like 4 minutes left in the 3rd. We were still down like 7, but right as I turned it on, Billy Mac was saying "and Kobe's got 52!!", so I kept it on after that.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
I almost turned off Kobe's 81 point game out of disgust about losing by 20 to the Raptors.

I literally turned the game off at halftime, not intending to turn it back on. But I couldn't help myself, and checked the score with like 4 minutes left in the 3rd. We were still down like 7, but right as I turned it on, Billy Mac was saying "and Kobe's got 52!!", so I kept it on after that.

I only watched the second half because I had leftover birthday cake from the previous day and wanted to watch something while eating it. lol
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

I only watched the second half because I had leftover birthday cake from the previous day and wanted to watch something while eating it. lol

Hey, man. You only turn 10 once!
BuDdHaLlAh
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject:

2000 NBA WCF Game 7 Lakers Vs. Trailblazers
I stopped watching in the 4th quarter
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Lakers vs. Boston - 2010 Finals Game 7 . . .

Just kidding . . . I was there and wasn't going ANYWHERE!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject:

BuDdHaLlAh wrote:
2000 NBA WCF Game 7 Lakers Vs. Trailblazers
I stopped watching in the 4th quarter

Heh. Ouch. I watched it all and it was painful.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
tox wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

It was actually my 12th birthday
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
tox wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

Why you wanna make some of us feel old?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
tox wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
tox wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

Why you wanna make some of us feel old?

Because comments like these keep me feeling young
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject:

I know which one I wish I had stopped watching:

2008 Finals Game 5
MojoRisin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:

2008 Finals Game 5

I still carry the pain of this loss today..

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Cubs vs. Indians, Game 7. When the rain delay hit in the top of the tenth, I went to bed.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Cubs vs. Indians, Game 7. When the rain delay hit in the top of the tenth, I went to bed.

Damn man! I thought I had it bad on that one, though your decision might have bene wiser than mine. I got manipulated by wife and kids into promising that we'd get a new puppy to add to the two large dogs we already had if the Cubs won.

We now have a Bernadoodle named Miggie Montero who's really cute but is a huge pain in the ass!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject:

27 pt comeback in the 4th quarter against Dallas. I watch every game until the end but I happened to be at a company holiday party and after we went down big, I left the hotel bar to join in the festivities.

When it was close late, I ran, no, I sprinted back to the bar.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Falcons fans probably regret watching the 2nd half of the last Super Bowl...
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Falcons fans probably regret watching the 2nd half of the last Super Bowl...

Along with most people who did the same.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject:

I regret not being able to watch Nick Van Exel close out Boston Garden with the 3-pointer buzzer beater after I believe Dino Radja have given the green bums the lead. I had to use the restroom really bad and held it in as long as I humanly could before I ran out of the room to the restroom. Had to ask my friend what happened and he told me. I was Watched a replay of the game, and it wasn't the same but the result was still sweet.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:08 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:

2008 Finals Game 5

It was game 4. I remember for Father's Day that year I wanted to take my dad to a game. I was deciding between game 3 and game 4. Ended up going to 3 since it was a weekend game. I'm so glad I wasn't in the building for what happened in game 4.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
I regret not being able to watch Nick Van Exel close out Boston Garden with the 3-pointer buzzer beater after I believe Dino Radja have given the green bums the lead. I had to use the restroom really bad and held it in as long as I humanly could before I ran out of the room to the restroom. Had to ask my friend what happened and he told me. I was Watched a replay of the game, and it wasn't the same but the result was still sweet.

Saw the game live with my family and we just went bezerk. Before Kobe's final 60 point game, the Van Exel buzzer beater was the most amazing and satisfying regular season game I had ever seen. I think my first post on LG might have been a YouTube link to NPZ's footage of that game. I remember for over a decade just having to rely on my memory to re-live that game. When I found the NPZ footage I felt like Rosalita opening up Mouth's marble bag to discover roooobies and emeralds (and diamonds?) - ...and diamonds. No firme! No firme!
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

Saw the game live with my family and we just went bezerk. Before Kobe's final 60 point game, the Van Exel buzzer beater was the most amazing and satisfying regular season game I had ever seen. I think my first post on LG might have been a YouTube link to NPZ's footage of that game. I remember for over a decade just having to rely on my memory to re-live that game. When I found the NPZ footage I felt like Rosalita opening up Mouth's marble bag to discover roooobies and emeralds (and diamonds?) - ...and diamonds. No firme! No firme!

Haha. Dladi, you are the most 1985 Gen Xer I have EVER met. I thought I was pop culture obsessed. I watched that at 1AM after carousing. I went fistpumping down the hall trying not to wake my parents up.

I watched all of Gm 4, 2002, but my eyes went blank when Kobe and Shaq got stuffed. I didn't even see the Horry shot live, only the crowd explosion when my eyes focused again. The misses agitated me so much it was like I got popped in the eye. I saw white for a sec. I remember distinctly not even seeing Vlad punching the ball or Horry kick-standing up for the shot. It was all right tho. I still saw it all. The one gm I'm most proud of sticking with was 4/20/99 at GS with the Kobe tap. If I didn't record that, there would be no audio of Chick's call that they use on Spectrum when they play it. For some reason, I was confident that they were gonna come back that night. Then again, I had nothin better to do and was already saturated with the Columbine news from earlier that day.

The 30 pt comeback vs Dallas was another I stayed with. I didn't get the hopeless vibe even though the game was disgusting. I wanted to see the crowd start to show their annoyance with a beatdown if that was the case. Rough start to that season. I don't think I'm speaking out of turn when I say that was one of the greatest RS gms we as Lakerfam have ever seen. That comeback was almost biblical. It kept the 1990-2002 win streak vs Dallas at home alive. Dogboy was yukkin it up behind the Mavs bench, too. His face sank more and more with each Laker score.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Mavs comeback, 4th Qtr start

Sundy at 100-100 tie. Brilliant.

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

Haha. Dladi, you are the most 1985 Gen Xer I have EVER met. I thought I was pop culture obsessed. I watched that at 1AM after carousing. I went fistpumping down the hall trying not to wake my parents up.

I watched all of Gm 4, 2002, but my eyes went blank when Kobe and Shaq got stuffed. I didn't even see the Horry shot live, only the crowd explosion when my eyes focused again. The misses agitated me so much it was like I got popped in the eye. I saw white for a sec. I remember distinctly not even seeing Vlad punching the ball or Horry kick-standing up for the shot. It was all right tho. I still saw it all. The one gm I'm most proud of sticking with was 4/20/99 at GS with the Kobe tap. If I didn't record that, there would be no audio of Chick's call that they use on Spectrum when they play it. For some reason, I was confident that they were gonna come back that night. Then again, I had nothin better to do and was already saturated with the Columbine news from earlier that day.

The 30 pt comeback vs Dallas was another I stayed with. I didn't get the hopeless vibe even though the game was disgusting. I wanted to see the crowd start to show their annoyance with a beatdown if that was the case. Rough start to that season. I don't think I'm speaking out of turn when I say that was one of the greatest RS gms we as Lakerfam have ever seen. That comeback was almost biblical. It kept the 1990-2002 win streak vs Dallas at home alive. Dogboy was yukkin it up behind the Mavs bench, too. His face sank more and more with each Laker score.

Me bros!
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Damn man! I thought I had it bad on that one, though your decision might have bene wiser than mine. I got manipulated by wife and kids into promising that we'd get a new puppy to add to the two large dogs we already had if the Cubs won.

We now have a Bernadoodle named Miggie Montero who's really cute but is a huge pain in the ass!

That gives a whole new meaning to "dog catcher." If he misbehaves, are you going to ship him to Canada?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

That gives a whole new meaning to "dog catcher."

Quote:
If he misbehaves, are you going to ship him to Canada?

Well, when Montero was cut, I did use it as an object lesson . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: