OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 561, 562, 563 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Scoffs wrote:
I want to see BI develop Dirk's step-back J. Tatum already has it and it's a potent weapon.

His work with Kobe should give him the ultimate weapon; the turnaround fadeaway midrange jumper. A signature move, unstoppable if mastered.

Pretty sure he already has that. I remember him hitting one over AD on the baseline

True he has it, I just think that Kobe can give him the contingency plays from the move. In essence, like several others have stated, the footwork coming from move. It's all deception and execution which, IMHO, Mamba mastered.

Indeed. What I want to see from BI is the hunger to steal from all the greats, just like Kobe did from other greats.

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject:

we got this...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Kobe is the perfect teacher for BI. I shutter to think what he looks like after a few weeks with Kob.

Lonzo- Magic
BI- Kobe
Julius- Worthy

Do it.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
epak wrote:
I want him to perfect the 360 layup.

I'd like to see him working on a skyhook from the 3pt line. That would make him not just untouchable but also unstoppable

I'd like to see some Rick Barry free throws.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
nash wrote:
epak wrote:

I'd like to see him working on a skyhook from the 3pt line. That would make him not just untouchable but also unstoppable

I'd like to see Ingram perfect the Iverson crossover
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject:

I just want to see that same confidence we saw in the SL in the regular season. Very positive sign that he realizes it is mental as well as physical growth.

Have to remind ourselves how young and still growing into his body. Excited about seeing him continue to grow as a player over the next few years.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
On one of the morning sports talk show, they compared BI as a 6'9'' Eddie Jones

How in the world. To me, that's two different universes of players.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
I just want to see that same confidence we saw in the SL in the regular season. Very positive sign that he realizes it is mental as well as physical growth.

Have to remind ourselves how young and still growing into his body. Excited about seeing him continue to grow as a player over the next few years.

He finished the season scoring in double digits for almost 20 straight games under minute restrictions, Ingram is on the right path.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:

I don't see the resemblance either. He is closer to a 6'9 DeRozan, but I have faith Ingram is going to find his 3pt stroke in the future.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:

I don't see the resemblance either. He is closer to a 6'9 DeRozan, but I have faith Ingram is going to find his 3pt stroke in the future.

I recall DeRozan at USC, and that was a very tough watch. DeRozan barely had two dribbles with either hand, looked completely disengaged in the halfcourt offense, and had the makings of a midrange jumper, only from 15' and nothing closer or farther. DeRozan, in a sense, was looked at like a HS prospect, where all of his development would happen at the NBA level. I definitely had my concerns considering his lack of engagement in the halfcourt offense back then.

DeRozan was the kind of guy where his NCAA analytics won't necessarily line up with NBA projections. He was an eye test + faith + work ethic guy.

Perhaps I'm too much of a die-hard fan, but I'm even mildly insulted at the Tayshawn Prince comparisons. People forget that Prince was a 4-year college player before entering the NBA, and didn't show this skill level, especially as an Iso player, until he was a senior. BI is already 2-3 years ahead of that curve too.

nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
nash wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:

I recall DeRozan at USC, and that was a very tough watch. DeRozan barely had two dribbles with either hand, looked completely disengaged in the halfcourt offense, and had the makings of a midrange jumper, only from 15' and nothing closer or farther. DeRozan, in a sense, was looked at like a HS prospect, where all of his development would happen at the NBA level. I definitely had my concerns considering his lack of engagement in the halfcourt offense back then.

DeRozan was the kind of guy where his NCAA analytics won't necessarily line up with NBA projections. He was an eye test + faith + work ethic guy.

Perhaps I'm too much of a die-hard fan, but I'm even mildly insulted at the Tayshawn Prince comparisons. People forget that Prince was a 4-year college player before entering the NBA, and didn't show this skill level, especially as an Iso player, until he was a senior. BI is already 2-3 years ahead of that curve too.

Not comparing to a young DeRozan, but to the player he is now. That is a huge compliment for a 19 years old kid about the way he finished the season and was attacking players in summer league.

Three seasons from now a bulked up Ingram with improved range can be scary.

I'm a huge believer too, I even got some time off for posting stats demonstrating why he was the player considered untouchable among several talented prospects like Zubac, Julius and others.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject:

^I have yet to see a solid player comparison, but I still find that his perimeter game is still rudimentary and his long strides help him attack, despite the lack of crazy burst off the dribble.

I'll stick to 8/10 Giannis. The crazy high foul rate that he drew in Vegas bodes well, even if he forced quite a few actions against the Clippers.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
nash wrote:
epak wrote:

Any kind of made FTs. That one SL game was promising.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
nash wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:

Yeah the Tayshawn Prince comparison was a head scratcher, good thing it has died down. Now it's up to BI to shoot down the Derozan comparisons too, looking forward to next season

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject:

or else....
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, the Tayshaun Prince comparison is absurd. Wayyyy different styles of play.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
^I have yet to see a solid player comparison, but I still find that his perimeter game is still rudimentary and his long strides help him attack, despite the lack of crazy burst off the dribble.

I'll stick to 8/10 Giannis. The crazy high foul rate that he drew in Vegas bodes well, even if he forced quite a few actions against the Clippers.

It wasn't even the foul rate that was impressive to me, although it was nice to see him pushing around guys 3-4 years ahead of him in the physicality department (something he had difficulty with last season). I'll have to screencap and post the level of attention he was drawing from defenses. Guys were so open that Ingram could have kicked it out with ease if he wanted to, but in usual SL fashion, he decided to be aggressive and get his own instead. I don't foresee that happening when the season starts, and Luke will rightfully point out to him that it will be about the pass instead of the score. If the mantra is "open man gets the open shot", he should be able to get 4-5 assists easily. As far as I'm concerned, SL was just second half Ingram redux. He didn't prove anything that he showed at the end of last season. He was a tier above every else, which is impressive considering he's the SAME (bleep) AGE as most of the prospects in the 2017 draft class.

I feel like Magic assessment of Ingram's scoring capabilities is a little bit premature. Still, I'll have to do a LONG, LONG write-up on why 20 ppg is in the realm of possibility for Ingram next season, although I have him penciled as a 20+ ppg scorer from his third season onwards. However, it most definitely would not be a historical leap as many are suggesting here. Pace inflation in the modern era makes it more feasible than initially thought, although the physicality will still be the toughest part for him to adjust to. With all that said, the current finesse aspect of the game will make it easier for him to get 6-7 free throws a game, augmenting his scoring average. It's just a matter of how aggressive he is.

Regarding the scoring jump from one season to the next - for Ingram, it's essentially the same level of opportunity that a guy like CJ McCollum was afforded a few years back. If people recall, the Blazers lost 4 out of 5 of their starters, leaving a massive talent vacuum for McCollum to eventually fill. I don't think this is even remotely comparable to Durant's situation. Durant was the focal point from day one, although the knock on him was his lack of efficiency. They actually traded Ray Allen to make room for his shot attempts. Even despite that, Ingram shot better from the three-point line than Durant did in his rookie season. I'll write more about this when I get my head straight.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject:

The foul rate is one thing, his improved free throw stroke takes that to another level. He looked like a guy who could have the high 70s in free throw percentage and THAT is a major thing.
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
The foul rate is one thing, his improved free throw stroke takes that to another level. He looked like a guy who could have the high 70s in free throw percentage and THAT is a major thing.

I say the FT% will be 82%.
Travis Bickle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
Yeah the Tayshawn Prince comparison was a head scratcher, good thing it has died down. Now it's up to BI to shoot down the Derozan comparisons too, looking forward to next season

FWIW, I had Tania Ganguli from the LA Times on our most recent show, and she said that Tayshaun Prince is a name that she's heard from talking to scouts and other people around the league regarding Ingram. I disagree w/that comparison for the reasons that Mike stated, but I don't think it's as gone as you think it is.

I'd also be pretty happy if Ingram gets to DeRozan's level, much less shoots it down.

A Prince+++ would be pretty good. That guy use to give Kobe fits in his prime.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

FWIW, I had Tania Ganguli from the LA Times on our most recent show, and she said that Tayshaun Prince is a name that she's heard from talking to scouts and other people around the league regarding Ingram. I disagree w/that comparison for the reasons that Mike stated, but I don't think it's as gone as you think it is.

I'd also be pretty happy if Ingram gets to DeRozan's level, much less shoots it down.

Derozan level isn't the goal, but I understand why you'd be happy with it. BI's upside is way higher than that in my opinion so, hope he shoots it down by the time he gets to Derozan's age.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Lakerfan#37
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Kobe is the perfect teacher for BI. I shutter to think what he looks like after a few weeks with Kob.

Lonzo- Magic
BI- Kobe
Julius- Worthy

Do it.

How about,

Lonzo - magic
Ingram - Jamal Wilkes
Kuzma - Worthy
randle - ac green
Zubac - vlade
Hart or Vander Blue - Scott
Brewer - Michael cooper
Nance - Elden Campbell
Travis wear - Rambis
Bryant - Mychal Thompson
Lopez - Kareem

Showtime 2.0
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:46 am    Post subject:

Why do people assume Kobe will give Ingram days and days of his time? He's a busy man. At most maybe a few hours to work on a few things. I highly doubt Kobe is going to work with Ingram for a few "weeks."
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Why do people assume Kobe will give Ingram days and days of his time? He's a busy man. At most maybe a few hours to work on a few things. I highly doubt Kobe is going to work with Ingram for a few "weeks."

Sure, that's possible. Every bit of knowledge is going to help, though.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Sure, that's possible. Every bit of knowledge is going to help, though.

Ingram doesn't need weeks of Kobe's time. If he can get two or three 2 or more hour sessions with Kobe, that will be more than enough. Kobe lays out the game plan during those sessions, and it's up to Ingram to put in the work on his own in the weeks/months that follow. More importantly, it would benefit Ingram if they can develop a relationship where Ingram can text or call and pick Kobe's brain a few times throughout the season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 561, 562, 563 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 562 of 1885
Jump to: