JOSH "Fortnite" HART (Backup PF)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 161, 162, 163  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
In the brief time I saw him during SPL nothing popped out and said this guys a player. The truth of the matter is that guys that far down in the draft are really a crapshoot. If Kuzma alone turns out to be a player, I'd be delighted.
Having said that, I like mature players who are winners, so he's definitely worth hoping on.
he had a couple of nice defensive stints where he keep his man in front of him. and on a take to the rack you could see his "grown man" strength kick in. especially looking at all of our skinny rooks, from dlo with the rail thin legs, to JC, now to ball. guys are going to get bullied by the likes of james harden, westbrook, derozan, etc. they are lucky most of these kids are coming in super early and are thin as heck. because they would have a hard time going up against the likes of kobe, paul pierce, vince carter, etc. dudes that are just as athletic but will also throw their weight & strength around a lot during the game.

check out the highlights.

now go back and watch his college highlights. remember when you see a guy do things in college then you see him do the very same things at the next level. it means his game can translate. which means he will be a lot more comfortable going to the next level seeing as he wont have to completely switch his game up for the new talent he will face.

for example. you see that big lebron looking kid they are talking about thats #2 in the nation still in highschool. Zion. in high school he's bigger/stronger and more athletic than pretty much everyone in HS across the country. will that be the case in college? Probably. will that be the case in the nba? if he keeps growing? Maybe. but if it isnt. and he still doesnt have a real jumper. he will have to change a lot of his game to exist in the nba. his regular game wont translate as well. this will make his transition to the big league harder. not impossible, just harder.

Took a look at the video. You bring up a good point, he is strong.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
nash wrote:
epak wrote:
nash wrote:
He reminds me of Derek Fisher the way he competes.

Solid late pick

I got that Dfish vibe from him as well.
Hopefully he'll hit some big shots for us as well.

If he can keep us competitive while starters are resting it is enough, anything beyond that would be great for a late pick without elite athleticism os skills.

You gotta admit, Dfish without the clutch shots was pretty bad.

I wouldn't go as far as saying bad. That he started on four separate championship squads is probably the biggest testament to who he was as a basketball player. He's one of those players that advanced statistics will never support under most circumstances (except maybe clutch data), although one has to be dubious of some of the metrics because chemistry, fit, rotations are not adequately factored in. He just did other things well enough that warranted the starting role. His individual defense obviously left a lot to be desired, although Bertka said his team defense in was crucial to the Lakers success in 2001:
Quote:
Assistant coach Bill Bertka, however, believed a key factor in the team's struggles was the team's defense without Fisher.[11][12] Fisher returned on March 13, 2001, upgrading the Lakers' defense, and he started the final 20 games of the season, averaging 11.5 points per game. Harper had been the regular starter, but he was sidelined since February 13 with injuries to both knees

I think Hart's ceiling is much higher, but I'd be ecstatic if he turns out to be a "Derek Fisher".
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Let's see what he can do, could be the JC replacement for the 2018 season.
DanielKetch
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
epak wrote:
nash wrote:
epak wrote:
nash wrote:

Solid late pick

If he can keep us competitive while starters are resting it is enough, anything beyond that would be great for a late pick without elite athleticism os skills.

Not in his prime he wasn't. He was definitely serviceable and a really solid player.

Nobody would be disappointed in a D Fish ceiling, but Hart has offensive tools that D Fish Never had (for example, Fish never really developed a floater, Hart def has one already... Fisher also had to work on his midrange and 3 point shot, Hart seems to already have his jumper) he's also a little bit bigger and seems to be quicker laterally which gives him a higher ceiling defensively. Hopefully this season he at least replaces the defensive presence we lost with Nwaba and gives us more on the offensive side then Nwaba did (which is not asking much)
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject:

DanielKetch wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
epak wrote:
nash wrote:
epak wrote:
nash wrote:

Solid late pick

Not in his prime he wasn't. He was definitely serviceable and a really solid player.

Nobody would be disappointed in a D Fish ceiling, but Hart has offensive tools that D Fish Never had (for example, Fish never really developed a floater, Hart def has one already... Fisher also had to work on his midrange and 3 point shot, Hart seems to already have his jumper) he's also a little bit bigger and seems to be quicker laterally which gives him a higher ceiling defensively. Hopefully this season he at least replaces the defensive presence we lost with Nwaba and gives us more on the offensive side then Nwaba did (which is not asking much)

I don't think they play like each other, it is about the way they are both fierce competitors that will not back down to anyone.

Fisher had some atrocious series against some quick PG when he was badly exposed on defense, but he was never one running away from a battle and Hart seems to have this quality, he plays like a winner even when it is clear he is not the most physical gifted or talented player on the floor.

Last edited by nash on Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:05 am    Post subject:

If Josh reaches D-Fish levels we are in good shape!

Last edited by pio2u on Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:44 am    Post subject:

Hart's FLOOR is Dfish!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject:

Los Angeles Lakers:
Road Trippin' Podcast with Lakers Rookie Josh Hart

https://www.uninterrupted.com/watch/ljI8ONmy/lakers-rookie-josh-hart-hits-up-road-trippin
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject:

The only thing about Hart that resembles Fisher is his personality and character.

On the basketball floor, Hart has far more talent on both ends.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Hart has some solid defensive fundamentals and is a very good finisher.

Only thing I think he'll need to change at the next level is the speed of his release.

But really, if his shot translates at the next level and he doesn't have an Anthony Brown situation, Clarkson is going to have a lot of competition at the backup 2.
laker84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject:

LION HART, Josh Hart's Senior Highlights
www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaxvhu11MVw&t=0s
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject:

He's a RICH mans DANNY GREEN. And that's a good thing.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
The only thing about Hart that resembles Fisher is his personality and character.

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject:

krisobe wrote:
I like JH's game. I hope he develops to be at or near that level.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

I think they have similar playing styles. Its just that the things Fisher would do, which he couldn't do, Hart will do because he can do them. I think Hart could be a rich man's Fisher. For now, just want him to be a killer 3 and D type at the SG spot, like a young Courtney Lee, and then go from there.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Fisher was the starting PG on five title teams and a pretty big playoff contributor for Utah. I think his impact as a player is being understated. He wasn't just the fifth Beattle out ther riding Kobe and Shaq's coat tails.

If Hart turned out to be 80% the player Fisher was I would be very happy.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Fisher stepped up when it mattered, with clutch plays on both sides of the floor. However, those moments made up for a LOT of really bad defense and bad offense on a game to game basis.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Fisher stepped up when it mattered, with clutch plays on both sides of the floor. However, those moments made up for a LOT of really bad defense and bad offense on a game to game basis.

That is true.

Fisher best attributes were intangibles, Kobe never won without Fisher, but except by a handful of clutch shots that couldn't be necessary if he was a better defender his biggest impact was not through his stats, but his influence on the whole team. Call it a glue guy with good leadership qualities.

Hart is more talented, but I like to compare them because they are both fierce competitors that will not back down to anyone.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject:

krisobe wrote:

KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Fair point. I don't view him as a "Fisher", unless we're including championship intangibles and perhaps leadership, although those qualities need to be seen at the professional level. In terms of athletic ability, talent, skill set, I think he's closer to the Cory Joseph side of the spectrum. Recall that Toronto found more success by replacing Lou with a two-way player like Joseph. I think Hart will be able to replicate similar elements off the bench.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Hart is a better finisher in the paint. Fisher was a better jump shooter. He'll need a consistent 3pt shot to get mins.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

Hart's got a ton of big bollz shots to hit if he wants to have the Laker career (not NBA career, Laker career) that Fish had, love him, detest him, sorta like, or meh him. Kobe himself wouldn't be embarrassed to have all the clutch shots and plays Derek made (see avvy). It's really hard to fathom how a middling player overall was able to do everything he did.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Hart's got a ton of big bollz shots to hit if he wants to have the Laker career (not NBA career, Laker career) that Fish had, love him, detest him, sorta like, or meh him. Kobe himself wouldn't be embarrassed to have all the clutch shots and plays Derek made (see avvy). It's really hard to fathom how a middling player overall was able to do everything he did.

That shot alone cemented his legacy as a Laker. He can roll as many SUVs as he wants and I'll still back him. Maybe might keep my girlfriend away from him, though.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Josh Hart tweets like he's gonna be a good player. Hope it's true
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

That shot alone cemented his legacy as a Laker. He can roll as many SUVs as he wants and I'll still back him. Maybe might keep my girlfriend away from him, though.

He's like Bill Clinton. You love him, but you know his women issues are pathological.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 161, 162, 163  Next
Page 23 of 163
Jump to: