General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 438, 439, 440 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Manny clearly won the fight by a few rounds.

He needs to retire because his legs are gone and he can't compete against the top fighters. At least he won't be holding the WBO belt hostage like he has been doing.

Manny is too stupid to realize Arum and Koncz never gave a damn about him. All they care about is making money off Manny even if it means screwing Manny over.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:

He needs to retire because his legs are gone and he can't compete against the top fighters. At least he won't be holding the WBO belt hostage like he has been doing.

Manny is too stupid to realize Arum and Koncz never gave a damn about him. All they care about is making money off Manny even if it means screwing Manny over.

He should've listened to Floyd who tried to tell Manny about Arum a long time ago.
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Pacquiao told a small group of Filipino reporters aboard his homebound flight from Australia on Monday that he was “set up” in Brisbane. The 38-year-old Pacquiao was a 6-1 favorite over the previously unknown Horn in their WBO welterweight title bout, but Horn won a unanimous decision that was widely considered controversial

According to a story posted to philstar.com, a TV investigative reporter asked Pacquiao aboard the aforementioned flight if he thinks the dubious decision had anything to do with his soon-to-expire promotional contract with Bob Arum’s Top Rank.

Pacquiao replied, “Let’s not think about that.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-i-felt-i-set-up-controversial-loss-horn--118156

So funny. He better call Al and give him his 10% fee.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:

I wonder if he's getting older or if he's just not training the way he used to.. probably a combo of both.

He's full time senator.. or congressman.. then training at night.. clearly not the way he used to train when he was destroying guys..

Jeff horn would have been done in the 6th round against 2009 manny..

either way.. its sad to see him unable to finish guys now. he's not sharp.. he's winging wild punches and looks tired.

I think he should retire..but who am I to say that a guy should stop making millions of dollars.. even if he gets jobbed by the judges.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject:

Sucks losing like that. WBO supposed to look into it but it was pretty shaky.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject:

I believe judges sit on three different sides of the ring, in the middle of their ring location. If I'm correct it means there are three different angles, three different eyewitness views.

Judge #1 angle may be the reason for a different scoring than the angle of judge #2 and #3

As we have been told eyewitnesses may give three different descriptions of the same event.

I get whacked all the time for my scoring. I trust L_D, dough and thug score cards more than I do my own.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Great fights on Fox11 today. Omar Figueroa put serious hands on Ghost Guerrero. His career is officially over.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject:

Been busy with family stuff, but wanted to get this on here cuz ESPN improved their boxing schedule layout and it's pretty good showing all future TV cards (and non-TV)

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/12508267/boxing-fight-schedule

I was surprised to see 3 different televised cards on the same night as the UFC PPV, this weekend. In addition to that, Carl Frampton's fight is going to be on Showtime online and Facebook live?

I'm excited to see Broner vs. Garcia. If Mikey can deal with Broner's hand speed, I think he potentially can KO Broner. Maidana stunned Broner and according to Bam Bam Rios, Mikey hits harder than Maidana.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Broner / Garcia is an interesting matchup. Bribery is the bigger guy Mikey has never fought someone this big. Word is Maidana called Mikey and told him be careful because
Broner hits harder than anyone he ever fought. Who can take who's punch the best. Mikey will almost certainly out work him. That's Adrian's biggest problem in my book. That and he fights off the back foot too much and not behind his nice jab. But Broner can hit. He put Shawn Porter down, something Thurman, Brook and the rest of the world couldn't do.

So yeah nice bout. I like Mikey but it will be interesting.
Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:32 am    Post subject:

Broner vs. Garcia is tonight! Here is my prefight analysis and prediction: http://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2017/07/broner-vs-garcia-prefight-analysis-and.html
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Charlo was to much for Heiland. Anyone have a update on his leg injury?

Mikey schooled Broner. I gave Broner 1 round.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I can't take anything from the Charlo fight. Heiland obviously shouldn't have been fighting. But this is the biggest payday of his career and he has a training camp to pay for and his trainers. Not to mention his family. My hats off to him the ref really wanted the doctor to stop the fight after the second round. But he wouldn't do it.

Mikey worked Broner pretty good and I saw it pretty much the same way as you did. The 2 judges that had it 116-111 were looking at every possibility to give Broner a round. Garcia controlled the distance masterfully. In the end all AB could do was bum rush him with gloves up and Garcia took that apart too with body shots and punching around his guard. Broners days as an elite fighter seem to be ending. He's about to become a gatekeeper, if he can avoid becoming an inmate.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I can't take anything from the Charlo fight. Heiland obviously shouldn't have been fighting. But this is the biggest payday of his career and he has a training camp to pay for and his trainers. Not to mention his family. My hats off to him the ref really wanted the doctor to stop the fight after the second round. But he wouldn't do it.

Mikey worked Broner pretty good and I saw it pretty much the same way as you did. The 2 judges that had it 116-111 were looking at every possibility to give Broner a round. Garcia controlled the distance masterfully. In the end all AB could do was bum rush him with gloves up and Garcia took that apart too with body shots and punching around his guard. Broners days as an elite fighter seem to be ending. He's about to become a gatekeeper, if he can avoid becoming an inmate.

Yea, that's a pretty bad knee injury when u can't even push off or put much weight on it. You gotta do what you gotta do to make a living, I'd do the same. Charlo need another fight.
Broner... why can't he adjust, I was watching the rerun when he fought malignangni, same move, same style, same speed just different/better opponent... and the fights are like 3 yrs apart. Too bad cause I thought Broner had more power but Garcia took him to school
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject:

Broner's talent and skills have always been overrated. Not surprised he was humiliated by Mikey because Broner hates fighting a guy that is active and brings the fight to him. Broner doesn't have heart to be a world class fighter and is afraid of letting his hands go.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
Broner's talent and skills have always been overrated. Not surprised he was humiliated by Mikey because Broner hates fighting a guy that is active and brings the fight to him. Broner doesn't have heart to be a world class fighter and is afraid of letting his hands go.

He has heart. He kept trying in that fight. Same as in the Shawn Porter fight. What he doesn't have is the stamina to fight in more than spurts. The lack of stamina I suspect is related to the lack of dedication in the gym.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject:

He didn't have to have his corner brush his hair, Mikey parted and brushed it for him.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Schedule for the weekend

http://fightnights.com/boxing-schedule

Is anybody going to the Lomachenko fight live? Microsoft theater is not big at all, so I bet every seat is a good seat (probably even more-so than Stubhub.
Wish I had the free time to go to live fights still, but unfortunately can't.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject:

Wth is going on with Amir Khan and his wife Faryal on twitter?

link
link
link
link

Joshua's response on twitter is
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Wth is going on with Amir Khan and his wife Faryal on twitter?

link
link
link
link

Joshua's response on twitter is

They haven't been together for a while. Khan is too busy cheating on her instead of focusing on his career.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject:

Got Miguel Marriaga vs. Vasyl Lomachenko & Claressa Shields vs. Nikki Adler on record in case I forget when they come on. Shields has skills. Her form is great. Look like she initiates her jab from the shoulders with a solid foundation.

Lomachenko ain't no joke. He's only 26 but has had limited pro experience. He's shown he's a beast.

Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Nissan wrote:

He has heart. He kept trying in that fight. Same as in the Shawn Porter fight. What he doesn't have is the stamina to fight in more than spurts. The lack of stamina I suspect is related to the lack of dedication in the gym.

No he doesn't. Broner has all this "Swag" and only cares about his brand and his money. You should see his interviews. He's like a mini mayweather, except he doesn't have floyd's skill or heart in the ring.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Broner , like so many fighters, wants to be a Muhammad Ali. Gotta give Floyd credit he has his own brand of promoting fights. Broner makes you dislike him, Floyd makes you hate him.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Claressa Shields straight spanked Nikki Adler. It was no contest. Shields throws punches in bunches.

I was surprised how easily Hernandez handled Tikhonov. Looked like he could have continued but thought the stoppage was a good one. He was getting worked.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Got Miguel Marriaga vs. Vasyl Lomachenko & Claressa Shields vs. Nikki Adler on record in case I forget when they come on. Shields has skills. Her form is great. Look like she initiates her jab from the shoulders with a solid foundation.

Lomachenko ain't no joke. He's only 26 but has had limited pro experience. He's shown he's a beast.

I want to see Hammer vs. Shields! Should be a good one. Loma is 29 now, but I agree that he's a beast! Who you got if he fights Rigo/Garcia?
NickDaQwik
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject:

That sequence where Lomachenko got in the neutral corner and taunted marriaga to come.at him. Had me like

Also, tbud in the house. Wonder when and if those 2 will ever meet? What I love about Loma is he doesn't come across as a Floyd type to be over calculating when choosing opponents. He seems to give no fcks and is down to fight with any one.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 438, 439, 440 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 439 of 514
Jump to: