Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 621, 622, 623 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
Magic secretly loves JC .. even going back a few years he always had high praise for him .. I don't think it's a Coincidence when JC comes out and tell's us he isn't going anywhere ..

He also loved Russell and now he's in Brooklyn

Magic right now only loves Ball and Ingram. However, those two better produce or they will become expendable too. Magic doesn't care and will cut anyone that he doesn't see in his plans.

Ingram probably has this year to show he is really part of the plan. Lonzo probably has this season and next. That's the extent of THIS front office's patience imo. I feel like the ship has sailed for JC and Randle and if the right deal came along, they are gone.

Randle/JC/Deng/Zu to Cleveland for Irving
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject:

I was listening to 710 ESPN this morning, and Ireland was being interviewed. He mentioned that one of the assistant coaches mentioned that JC made 39 contested 3s in a row the other day in practice. If Ireland or the assistant coach isn't just blowing smoke, then it appears that JC is working on his major weakness from behind the arc. I can't find the data online, but I remember someone mentioning that JC is a reliable shooter from behind the arc when uncontested, but his accuracy falls off tremendously when his shot is challenged. I guess we'll see if this translates in-game when the season rolls around.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
I was listening to 710 ESPN this morning, and Ireland was being interviewed. He mentioned that one of the assistant coaches mentioned that JC made 39 contested 3s in a row the other day in practice. If Ireland or the assistant coach isn't just blowing smoke, then it appears that JC is working on his major weakness from behind the arc. I can't find the data online, but I remember someone mentioning that JC is a reliable shooter from behind the arc when uncontested, but his accuracy falls off tremendously when his shot is challenged. I guess we'll see if this translates in-game when the season rolls around.

Good to hear the young man is putting in the work.

All he can do is just keep ignoring the trade chatter and improve. I continue to hope that he makes the decision to trade him a difficult one for the FO.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject:

All it takes is 2-3 months to go from trade bait to mainstay. Things can happen that quickly when you are a young player who shows significant improvement. A Jordan Clarkson who shoots 35%+ from 3, 45%+ from the field, gets to the line about twice as much as he does now, and plays plus defense? That's a bonafide starter in this league. Unfortunately, we may have a guy like that already in KCP, so even that Clarkson faces some competition for minutes no less the Clarkson who has yet to prove himself to be that guy.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
A Jordan Clarkson who shoots 35%+ from 3, 45%+ from the field, gets to the line about twice as much as he does now, and plays plus defense? That's a bonafide starter in this league.

I would be happy if he just does one of those three things, because that's when he actually starts to provide some on-court value unlike his marginal production right now (as compared to a replacement level player). Two of three would be great, and all three would obviously be a dream come true. IMO defense would be the highest priority, but realistically his jumpshot is the aspect of his game that's most likely to improve.

And even if KCP is the starter, there's no reason JC can't settle into a 6th man role like Lou did last year and still play serious minutes off the bench, especially with Luke mentioning a potential minutes restriction on Lonzo.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
A Jordan Clarkson who shoots 35%+ from 3, 45%+ from the field, gets to the line about twice as much as he does now, and plays plus defense? That's a bonafide starter in this league.

I would be happy if he just does one of those three things, because that's when he actually starts to provide some on-court value unlike his marginal production right now (as compared to a replacement level player). Two of three would be great, and all three would obviously be a dream come true. IMO defense would be the highest priority, but realistically his jumpshot is the aspect of his game that's most likely to improve.

And even if KCP is the starter, there's no reason JC can't settle into a 6th man role like Lou did last year and still play serious minutes off the bench, especially with Luke mentioning a potential minutes restriction on Lonzo.

Were did Luke talk about monitoring Lonzos minutes? That doesn't make sense considering we need Ball to play at a star level for us to attract FAs.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject:

I just hate that we have a salary cap crunch next season. But for this season Jc has no choice but to ball out let the chips fall where they may.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I just hate that we have a salary cap crunch next season. But for this season Jc has no choice but to ball out let the chips fall where they may.

Not worried about trading Clarkson.

Deng should be the priority
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject:

I believe Clarkson is safer than Julius.

He is under contract, we don't have many guards (KCP is a one year rental) and I think it is easier to move Julius if he plays well.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:

Sounds good! And hope its true.

Let's also just hope it wasn't like that one video of Embiid looking all world against some team equipment guy who wasn't even 6 feet tall.

Cause I can make jumpers over midgets all day long and can call that contested.

Bye.
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Were did Luke talk about monitoring Lonzos minutes? That doesn't make sense considering we need Ball to play at a star level for us to attract FAs.

DUDE CHILL
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

DUDE CHILL

Hmmm ok? I was just wondering were the talk came from...
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

DUDE CHILL

It came from the Lonzo thread. But, you can't expect a 19 year old to play at an All-Star level.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

DUDE CHILL

It came from the Lonzo thread. But, you can't expect a 19 year old to play at a All-Star level.

Im perfectingly fine if he's not a all star and he's helping us win
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

He says it here:

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

DUDE CHILL

his minutes will have to be controlled....for one, he is going from playing 30-40 games a season, often only once, maybe twice a week to 82 longer more intense games...sometimes 3 to 4 a week. His frame is frail and could break down if his minutes are not controlled. I would not expect more than 30-31 MPG.....similar to Ingram last year who had the 2nd most minutes on the roster.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Magic said Clarkson's name,

He said he wants Clarkson to go for 6th man of the year this season.

Rookie of the Year: Lonzo Ball
Most Improved Player: Brandon Ingram or Julius Randle
6th Man of the Year: Jordan Clarkson

Those are solid goals.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Coach of the year: Luke
Executive of the year: Magic
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject:

I hope Clarkso has a big year, he should mold his game after Ginobili and should aim to play like him and if he does we will be a better team because of it.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I hope Clarkso has a big year, he should mold his game after Ginobili and should aim to play like him and if he does we will be a better team because of it.

Would u rather he play like Michael Cooper, Shannon Brown, or Ron Harper?
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

He said he wants Clarkson to go for the 6th man of the year this season.

Those are solid goals.

We all know why he wants Clarkson to go for that.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject:

Jordan's success in practice make me sure I'm going to see a far better scorer than last season. Additionally, his dedication to working on being just as effective going to
his left, using the left side of the court, and working on his left hand, are going to give fans something to be excited about. Him, Julius, Ingram, Lonzo, KCP, Lopez, and the bench are being greatly overlooked imo.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:
MJST wrote:

Those are solid goals.

Cuz we'd actually get a draft pick for him?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:
MJST wrote:

Those are solid goals.

Luke probably wants him to as well, so that he doesn't have to play Lonzo 35 minutes as a rookie.

lakersboy wrote:
Jordan's success in practice make me sure I'm going to see a far better scorer than last season. Additionally, his dedication to working on being just as effective going to
his left, using the left side of the court, and working on his left hand, are going to give fans something to be excited about. Him, Julius, Ingram, Lonzo, KCP, Lopez, and the bench are being greatly overlooked imo.

I think Clarkson always had a left hand. Saw it plenty in his rookie season along with a consistent mid range game that was money whenever he was left open on the pick and roll.

I miss both of those aspects of his game. They are what made him an effective scorer. But since he bought into the "Westbrook 2.0" hype, instead of pulling up for mid, he tries to drive to the basket on 3 guys and finish over them.

I miss the JC that knew how to pick his spots and drive and when to shoot from mid, going for the efficient shot available to him at the time, instead of the JC that thinks he's Westbrook and will try to literally finish over everything and not see his teammates that are wide open. Maybe Blue and Hart can put some pressure on him.
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:
MJST wrote:

Those are solid goals.

Luke probably wants him to as well, so that he doesn't have to play Lonzo 35 minutes as a rookie.

lakersboy wrote:

I think Clarkson always had a left hand. Saw it plenty in his rookie season along with a consistent mid range game that was money whenever he was left open on the pick and roll.

I miss both of those aspects of his game. They are what made him an effective scorer. But since he bought into the "Westbrook 2.0" hype, instead of pulling up for mid, he tries to drive to the basket on 3 guys and finish over them.

I miss the JC that knew how to pick his spots and drive and when to shoot from mid, going for the efficient shot available to him at the time, instead of the JC that thinks he's Westbrook and will try to literally finish over everything and not see his teammates that are wide open. Maybe Blue and Hart can put some pressure on him.

Why do you have to mention this twice?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 621, 622, 623 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 622 of 685
Jump to: