Official Game of Thrones Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 178, 179, 180 ... 245, 246, 247  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:17 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
It's crazy to think. But the Stark family is the most powerful family in Westeros.
If motivated to do so, I think Arya could kill anyone. Including Dany. And Bran is pretty much omniscient. With those two working together, you could kill any major player in the Game of Thrones. And now that she has a valerian steel dagger. WWs aren't safe from Arya either.

Yeah. Show Arya has proven she's a match in a 1 on 1 duel with one of the 7 Kingdom's greatest warriors. With her full compliment of powers, she can pretty much wipe out anyone.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
It's crazy to think. But the Stark family is the most powerful family in Westeros.
If motivated to do so, I think Arya could kill anyone. Including Dany. And Bran is pretty much omniscient. With those two working together, you could kill any major player in the Game of Thrones. And now that she has a valerian steel dagger. WWs aren't safe from Arya either.

Yeah. Show Arya has proven she's a match in a 1 on 1 duel with one of the 7 Kingdom's greatest warriors. With her full compliment of powers, she can pretty much wipe out anyone.

I'm going to call my shot ---- Jamie kills Cersei, and Arya kills Jamie right after, and Breanne will be destraught watching it. Arya proves herself to everyone as a great warrior right there
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:52 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I'm going to call my shot ---- Jamie kills Cersei, and Arya kills Jamie right after, and Breanne will be destraught watching it. Arya proves herself to everyone as a great warrior right there

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:06 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Lolol I know the Jamie skills Cercei theory is wild(but popular) in the books, Jamie is super mad at her for how she handled stuff, and you could see that on his face when he rode up to Kings Landing last season, seeing it in ruins. And there's been a couple comments alluding to a potential rift there this season
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:08 am    Post subject:

Last week- Bran arrives at Winterfell

This week- Arya does the same

Next week ? IS THAT SANDOR CLEGANE'S MUSIC ???!!!!!

I don't know if the Hound and the BWB crew have already passed Winterfell, but the only thing that could top last week's reunions would be the Hound showing up. He was actually very good to the Stark girls in hindsight.

The way his relationship with Arya developed was awesome. The fact that she took him off her list says it all.

He always had a soft spot for Sansa. Saved her from the mob and offered to take Sansa out of KL long before things got really bad for her.

He knows that LF double crossed Ned and set him up. Adding the Hound to the mix for an episode or two as his group heads for the wall would really introduce an insane X factor. I'm not expecting it, but would love to see it.

I'm all for whatever it takes to get the Hound and Arya on tour again. "What the (bleep)'s a Lommy ?"
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:19 am    Post subject:

For anyone who has forgotten how awesome the Hound/Arya roadtrip was:

"My sword- Needle."

"Needle ? Of course you named your sword."

"Lots of people name their swords."

"Lots of (bleep)."
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:21 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Notice how her theme music (like when she flipped up after Brienne kicked her) is very Terminator-esque ? She's got the full package- even her score is a killer.

Can't wait to see her use that dagger for reals.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:37 am    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Notice how her theme music (like when she flipped up after Brienne kicked her) is very Terminator-esque ? She's got the full package- even her score is a killer.

for real. I hope she really gets respected as a warrior/killer
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:45 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Ole' Kobe is an Arya fan too:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kobe-bryant-reveals-his-favorite-game-of-thrones-character/

https://twitter.com/kobebryant/status/886823848720474112
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:12 am    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:

"My sword- Needle."

"Lots of (bleep)."

Thanks for the trip down the rabbit hole. I just reviewed all of the Hound's scenes. Forgot that he kicked Brienne right up her (bleep), mid-BM, with an infected mortal wound.

Last edited by Huey Lewis & The News on Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:14 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Ole' Kobe is an Arya fan too:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kobe-bryant-reveals-his-favorite-game-of-thrones-character/

https://twitter.com/kobebryant/status/886823848720474112

ha yea.
Hope she survives throughout, but her death might be too tempting of a tearjerker for them to not do....
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:26 am    Post subject:

When the bad ass giant metal cross bow shot at the dragon skull, it looked huge (same length of the skull) and penetrated the thick forehead skull easily (and it was suppose to be a great dragon skull?)... and when Bron shot it, it looked like a toothpick attached to the dragon's chest, (bleep)'s bothering me
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:

"My sword- Needle."

"Lots of (bleep)."

Thanks for the trip down the rabbit hole. I just reviewed all of the Hound's scenes. Forgot that he kicked Brienne right up her (bleep), mid-BM, with an infected mortal wound.

That dialogue about sword naming was part of that whole tavern scene where the Hound gave his famous chicken speech. His best scene of the entire series IMO.

Remember this scene during their road trip?

https://youtu.be/pRY4Mpmfk1o?t=1m53s

It was cool to see that despite her training with the Faceless Man she still retains her teachings of the water dance from Syrio.

https://youtu.be/9bI6h_9K4s0?t=50s
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
I'm getting the feeling that we're not going to get as many plot twists, big deaths, and overall shock factor as we've been conditioned to expect. The "bad guys" have had their wins, and now it's a straight shot to a happy ending. GRRM's source material pretty much ran its course as early as the tail end of Season 5, and the writing and plot is now going wherever Benioff and Weiss plan to take it. Sure, they know how GRRM INTENDS to end the series, but it's clear by now that they have considerable leeway in how they get there (and both parties have hinted that they may just have completely different conclusions to the books and TV show).

So I'm already preparing to expect a lot of fan service and convenient, predictable, and unbelievably quick resolutions to the various storylines in these last few episodes, which IMO the showrunners have been guilty of many times since they went off book. And it's not that I don't love the show, because despite all of this, it's still a (bleep) blast to watch how it all ends after all these years and there are still tons of WOW moments as it unfolds on the screen. But it does seem a bit forced at times now when every character suddenly happens to be in the right place at the right time after several seasons of watching things go horribly wrong (but more believably so) for them all. Maybe it's the constricting of the last two seasons? I still don't understand why they did that...

All I know is that Jaime and/or Bronn don't survive that battle if GRRM is in charge. The story has fallen in the hands of Hollywood writers now, so we're getting the Hollywood version of it.

Are we watching the same show? Dany began the season with the deck stacked heavily in her favor. We saw her experience multiple surprising blows (Euron's naval siege on Yara; the misdirect with the Unsullied's supposed capture of Casterly Rock only to have left Highgarden to be overtaken by the Lannister army), which has now leveled the playing field. Dany won the most recent battle, but Cersei still got her gold and will be employing the Golden Company, which is described in the books as the absolute best collective of mercenaries. Before Season 7, there didn't appear to be a real war between Cersei and Dany, only a demolition. Now, we've seen Cersei win multiple battles and Dany win her first. It's been compelling and sometimes shocking. There is certainly fan service (Jon and Dany), but some of the apparent fan service is actually, in reality, the fans simply enjoying the narrative wherever it takes them. Also, let's not forget, GoT is the most overanalyzed television and book series. There's a reason why things will happen that we already presume to happen. We have loads of evidence to provide clues at this point, whereas book readers could still experience shock for a Red Wedding when there was little evidence to discern that type of event coming at the time.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I don't think Jon and Denaerys will have a romantic relationship , a lot of people think the signs have made it clear they will, though. I think it's just a tease. It's going to be the "fan service" that they won't give - becuase our favorite characters may live, but a fairytale love story as the bookend, they won't give us that too.
I'm interested to see how they surprise us...... We all foresee Denaerys taking the Iron Throne this season, and then a WW battle.. But what else.....
*spoiler*? There's been a theory circulating (might be from insinuation in the books) that Jamie is going to kill Cersei... And there was a comment in dialogue in Ep.1 that also insinuated that, to me.. I think that happens.
I can't wait for the Denaerys/Cercei stare down.....

Jon x Dany is the best solution to the problem of Dany wanting Jon to bend the knee to her. Mix in the pretty clear attraction between the characters and I don't see how it's misdirection, incest be damned. If anything, I imagine Jon coming back to Winterfell betrothed to Dany, only then for Bran to inform him, "Uh dude that's your aunt." The ramifications of that would be left up to Season 8.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
I'm getting the feeling that we're not going to get as many plot twists, big deaths, and overall shock factor as we've been conditioned to expect. The "bad guys" have had their wins, and now it's a straight shot to a happy ending. GRRM's source material pretty much ran its course as early as the tail end of Season 5, and the writing and plot is now going wherever Benioff and Weiss plan to take it. Sure, they know how GRRM INTENDS to end the series, but it's clear by now that they have considerable leeway in how they get there (and both parties have hinted that they may just have completely different conclusions to the books and TV show).

So I'm already preparing to expect a lot of fan service and convenient, predictable, and unbelievably quick resolutions to the various storylines in these last few episodes, which IMO the showrunners have been guilty of many times since they went off book. And it's not that I don't love the show, because despite all of this, it's still a (bleep) blast to watch how it all ends after all these years and there are still tons of WOW moments as it unfolds on the screen. But it does seem a bit forced at times now when every character suddenly happens to be in the right place at the right time after several seasons of watching things go horribly wrong (but more believably so) for them all. Maybe it's the constricting of the last two seasons? I still don't understand why they did that...

All I know is that Jaime and/or Bronn don't survive that battle if GRRM is in charge. The story has fallen in the hands of Hollywood writers now, so we're getting the Hollywood version of it.

The Dany/Cersei war isn't the endgame. The endgame is the war against the White Walkers. And to make it a fair fight, pretty much the whole realm will have to unite. And the less causalities from the Dany/Cersei war. The better the next war will be IMO.
Plus prophecies set up by GRRM in his books have to be fulfilled. Cersei dying by the hand of her brother (probably Jamie). Azor Ahai sacrificing his/her "love" to defeat WWs. Melisandre said she will see Arya again and will die next time she comes to Westeros.
I think you'll get the casualties you seek. Just have to be patient. And when the white walker war is done. I'm sure you'll have more main character deaths than you'll like. GRRM promised his readers a bittersweet ending. And D&D have always taken their direction from GRRM. They've been given more leeway since they've passed the books. But the big picture structure. What main players live and die. Will probably match the books mostly.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:

Jon x Dany is the best solution to the problem of Dany wanting Jon to bend the knee to her.

Every chick that gets Jon in a cave wants him to bend the knee. But he doesn't get down like that. Dany needs to romance him a little more first. Like Ygritte did.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
tox wrote:

Jon x Dany is the best solution to the problem of Dany wanting Jon to bend the knee to her.

Every chick that gets Jon in a cave wants him to bend the knee. But he doesn't get down like that. Dany needs to romance him a little more first. Like Ygritte did.

I remember a certain line Ygritte had that contradicts that . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Just read the first Lannister soldier to throw a spear at a Dothraki was Noah Syndergaard in a cameo role.

No wonder it knocked it him off his horse.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Perhaps Jaime is Azor Ahai reborn? That's my dark horse pick because 1. he has to plunge the blade into his lovers heart 2. Azor Ahai also stabbed a lions heart before his wife's; we all know the Lannister sigil is a lion and 3. there is another prophecy that predicts Cersei's brother will kill her. Just me thinking out loud based on the little I have read up on AA.
Of course most assume it will be Jon but there's also the possibility of it being Dany as she brought the dragons back like the prophecy said.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Look at how inflexible the Mountain is

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Perhaps Jaime is Azor Ahai reborn? That's my dark horse pick because 1. he has to plunge the blade into his lovers heart 2. Azor Ahai also stabbed a lions heart before his wife's; we all know the Lannister sigil is a lion and 3. there is another prophecy that predicts Cersei's brother will kill her. Just me thinking out loud based on the little I have read up on AA.
Of course most assume it will be Jon but there's also the possibility of it being Dany as she brought the dragons back like the prophecy said.

I think it is Jon because of Dany's prophecy in the books. She'll be betrayed 3 times for 3 different reasons. Forgot the first 2 reasons, but the 3rd is "love".
But I guess Jon could betray Dany by siding with the Lannisters and the prophecy would be fulfilled as well. He doesn't necessarily have to kill her (Azor Ahai prophecy).

Quote:
Dany's Three Treasons Prophecy:
. . . three fires must you light . . . one for life and one for death and one to love . . . . . . three mounts must you ride . . . one to bed and one to dread and one to love . . . . . . three treasons will you know . . . once for blood and once for gold and once for love . . .

67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
tox wrote:

According to my gf, those 2 are dating in real life... so he's been bending the knee.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
tox wrote:

According to my gf, those 2 are dating in real life... so he's been bending the knee.

Yeah, she's an incredibly awful actress, who probably couldn't act like she's burning if you lit her on fire, but the chemistry with jon snow is real.
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
Bran to Littlefinger: "Chaos is a ladder."
Littlefinger with puzzled expression...

That totally went over my head when i watched last weeks episode. I had completely forgotten about that speech. Now that I watched it again it was such a great speech by littlefinger. Thank you for posting that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 178, 179, 180 ... 245, 246, 247  Next
Page 179 of 247
Jump to: