Ex-Laker Robert Horry Involved in Fight (Video)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:
No reason for straw hat to be up in Rob's space like that. Anyone trying kick up dust with a 6'10" former professional athlete deserves what's coming to them.
pretty much. i think the guy may be a bit crazy. there is no reason to put your hands on a 6'10 dude that hasnt touched you.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject:

I hate to see stuff like that happen but unfortunately it happens from time to time at youth events.
Some parents are just a-holes. The guy was being obnoxious and constantly heckling (possibly directed at Horry's son).
Now that he got his butt handed to him on you-tube he'll probably file a bogus law suit.
His buddies will never let him live this a-whipping down,
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject:

The thing you need to understand about this altercation is Bryant putting the move on Christie

rebound O'Neal

coming up short

HORRY

FOR THE WIN!!!!!!

YES!!!!

15 years and about 750 feet separate these moments

http://i.imgur.com/J5n5UWW.jpg
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject:

I have zero doubts that other dude started/instigated this. But unfortunately for Big Shot, "self defense" and protecting yourself against trash talk isn't really a thing. Doubtful anyone would believe he was in eminent danger. Hope dude doesn't gouge Rob too badly...
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
I have zero doubts that other dude started/instigated this. But unfortunately for Big Shot, "self defense" and protecting yourself against trash talk isn't really a thing. Doubtful anyone would believe he was in eminent danger. Hope dude doesn't gouge Rob too badly...
the guy pushed horry. not a little push either. if horry wasnt balanced. he could've easily fallen over. and no telling what would've happened next. the guy may have pounced on him. the moment the guy touched horry like that. meant his case was out the door. the best this could be is a wash.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

Straw hat put his hands on Horry. You don't get to put your hands on people.
#StayInYoLane
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Cool hand Rob out here throwin hands! my dawg 100
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
TDRock wrote:
the guy pushed horry. not a little push either. if horry wasnt balanced. he could've easily fallen over. and no telling what would've happened next. the guy may have pounced on him. the moment the guy touched horry like that. meant his case was out the door. the best this could be is a wash.

This. If anything, Horry can sue the other guy. Either way, both should be ashamed for allowing themselves to come to blows at a youth event in front of their own kids.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject:

Robbert Horry is the man. Don't put your hands on other people, that random guy is lucky thats all that happend.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject:

I feel like the burden of proof is excessively high on people acting in self-defense in this country.

If you verbally insult someone without cause and then get punched in the face, then you're pretty much responsible for the whole situation and have no business acting like a victim. If you stupidly push someone who is bigger than you, same thing.

It's pretty much legal in this country to insult people (or even use racial slurs) or push them with complete impunity.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject:

Fortunately for big shot he was assaulted first.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject:

Robert should know better, especially with all the youths around....

He looks as big as Shaq *Almost*....

Last edited by FreakofNature on Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total
spflakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
I feel like the burden of proof is excessively high on people acting in self-defense in this country.

If you verbally insult someone without cause and then get punched in the face, then you're pretty much responsible for the whole situation and have no business acting like a victim. If you stupidly push someone who is bigger than you, same thing.

It's pretty much legal in this country to insult people (or even use racial slurs) or push them with complete impunity.

Except...you are a victim if that happens. Such is the difference between words and physical assault.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject:

What kind of idiot heckles kids at a youth event? I'm sure Rob was just hoping this guy would put his hands on him. As soon as he did, it was on. He had it coming.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject:

At 6' 10", you know what Rob has?

Really long legs . . . legs that can be used to walk away.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
TDRock wrote:

I want to know what happened prior to the initial shove on camera. Just because Horry was a Laker does not make him not an A-Hole. Looks like the guy was leaning forward like he had been pushed in the back.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
What kind of idiot heckles kids at a youth event? I'm sure Rob was just hoping this guy would put his hands on him. As soon as he did, it was on. He had it coming.

You are kidding? Far from isolated these days.

Behavior at sporting events (not just youth) has become incredibly outlandish. Lots of idiots out there that think they have the "right" to say whatever they want, whenever they want, to whomever they want.

Tough to listen to at times. Responding just makes it worse. Because then you get thrown out with the instigator. And horrible example being set for the kids. But it is hard at times.

Reminds me of an incident this past hockey season with my 12 year old. I was warned by other parents about one particular team and parents all season long. When we traveled to a tournament to play them I was shocked on what they considered "acceptable" comments. And what the officials allowed despite repeated warnings.

Again 12 year olds. Parents were talking crap to the players from warm ups on. Intimidating to abusive. Got out of hand when some several of the moms started yelling to their sons to cheap shot and "take out" players on our team. It escalated quickly when the kids started taking cheap shots with their coaches encouraging it too. Took several level headed peacemakers to keep the groups separated.

Sad part is they saw nothing wrong with their behavior. Called themselves "good fans". Seeing it all too often these days.

Too bad that Rob was put in this position. No win for him even if satisfied with punching the guy in the head.
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Robbert Horry is the man. Don't put your hands on other people, that random guy is lucky thats all that happend.
This! im a firm believer in sometimes people need to be punched in the face. Im not saying go up and punch anyone because you are having a bad day, but there are some (bleep) out there that need to be punched in the face.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

You are kidding? Far from isolated these days.

Behavior at sporting events (not just youth) has become incredibly outlandish. Lots of idiots out there that think they have the "right" to say whatever they want, whenever they want, to whomever they want.

Tough to listen to at times. Responding just makes it worse. Because then you get thrown out with the instigator. And horrible example being set for the kids. But it is hard at times.

Reminds me of an incident this past hockey season with my 12 year old. I was warned by other parents about one particular team and parents all season long. When we traveled to a tournament to play them I was shocked on what they considered "acceptable" comments. And what the officials allowed despite repeated warnings.

Again 12 year olds. Parents were talking crap to the players from warm ups on. Intimidating to abusive. Got out of hand when some several of the moms started yelling to their sons to cheap shot and "take out" players on our team. It escalated quickly when the kids started taking cheap shots with their coaches encouraging it too. Took several level headed peacemakers to keep the groups separated.

Sad part is they saw nothing wrong with their behavior. Called themselves "good fans". Seeing it all too often these days.

Too bad that Rob was put in this position. No win for him even if satisfied with punching the guy in the head.

That is so vile. I don't have kids, but I've been to my nephew's basketball and football games and never saw/heard anything like this. I don't know how I'd react if I heard opposing parents heckling my nephew and encouraging cheap shots. It's making me mad just thinking about it.

There's a way to nurture a competitive spirit in children without going to such lows. Sports should be used as a tool to teach life lessons that make them well-rounded adults, not to raise little monsters. That's a shame. Sorry your kid had to go through that, but perhaps a good lesson in restraint.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Thankfully no one got hurt.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject:

It's really shocking to me to see so many people in this thread saying that he should've "walked away." That's just absurd. If another man is in your face talking greasy and puts his hands on you, you don't walk away. You defend yourself. He was the one who asked you to dance, so dance with him. Horry isn't just a former athlete. He's a person just like you are, and I doubt you'd just "walk away" if another man is disrespecting you and putting his hands on you. And if you would I don't even know what to say to you, honestly. There's nothing virtuous about being a punk. I don't care who you are or where we are- get in my face and get physical and you'll be on the ground looking for your head. Period.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:39 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
The thing you need to understand about this altercation is Bryant putting the move on Christie

rebound O'Neal

coming up short

HORRY

FOR THE WIN!!!!!!

YES!!!!

15 years and about 750 feet separate these moments

http://i.imgur.com/J5n5UWW.jpg

Pure luck. Just lucky punch. No skill.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:41 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
It's really shocking to me to see so many people in this thread saying that he should've "walked away." That's just absurd. If another man is in your face talking greasy and puts his hands on you, you don't walk away. You defend yourself. He was the one who asked you to dance, so dance with him. Horry isn't just a former athlete. He's a person just like you are, and I doubt you'd just "walk away" if another man is disrespecting you and putting his hands on you. And if you would I don't even know what to say to you, honestly. There's nothing virtuous about being a punk. I don't care who you are or where we are- get in my face and get physical and you'll be on the ground looking for your head. Period.

Recall that "Just walk away" was advice from The Humungus and he was 100% bad guy.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:07 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

For someone who is talking about Christ in his sig, you sure don't fallow his advices. Or maybe I didn't read correctly the gospel...
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

Can only speak for myself but it is more about choosing your battles wisely. What am I fighting for? Protecting myself and loved ones or simply feeding my ego?

I am not a kid that can get into a fight and just worry about getting grounded by my parents. As an adult, there are ramifications to our actions.

One would be the example set. In this case fighting at a youth event? No win here. Everyone looks like an idiot no matter whose in the right.

Secondly, there are legal ramifications. Personally I prefer not getting cited or sued. My job would frown heavily upon my getting any charges. Not everyone has that concern. Many adults do.

Lastly, I'm a big guy. People get hurt when crap escalates. Personally I prefer not putting myself in the position of hurting someone badly or getting hurt badly. Potentially a shove and punch leads to the loser returning with friends, guns and bad intent. Also I prefer not going to work with a busted up face or a broken hand from lading some punches to some fools head.

Or worse, a simple push leads to that same fool landing on his head and getting seriously injured. Or my simple punch crushes his jaw. Or perhaps I'm losing and old instincts kick in and some serious life changing injuries are the result.

Just to be clear . I'm not trying to claim to be some bad ass. Just the opposite. An old guy living in the burbs with a comfortable life. I'm beyond the days when I would throw down for a perceived slight or a bump. I'm an adult now and have to choose when the situation calls for violence. Some idiot running his mouth at a kid's game does not qualify.

For me. You choose your own path. I think that is more of what people are thinking when they say "walk away".
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: