The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Hmmm...

Quote:
Timeline of LeBron James connections to Los Angeles

2014 - LeBron debuts 1st Hollywood box office film with Amy Schumer

2015 - LeBron buys $21 million mansion in Brentwood (more than double his $9 million home in Cleveland, while also selling his $13 million home in Miami)

2016 - LeBron enrolls his kids in Brentwood School District

2017 - Rumors swirl that LeBron is strongly considering playing in LA

2018 - ???

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject:

I could also see him being interested in Houston
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject:

12 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Lebron loves sprinkling morsels to his social media followers.

Now all that's missing is for Magic to tweet out, "God is good." 😂🙄🙄

All we need is a Woj bomb that Cleveland is looking to salvage the lose of LeBron by trading him for assets

I would absolutely HATE that!
There's no reason to get Magic and Pelinka to double think this.

If he wants to come in FA, then by all means, welcome. But don't trade ANYONE for a 34 year old who's game is ridiculously dependent on his athleticism. Yes, he's not slowing down and has shown no signs. But he's one injury away from being irrelevant.

Watching last year's Finals there were signs. He had to do so much offensively that he took a lot of defensive possessions off. The previous Finals his defensive effort was more active.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
12 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

All we need is a Woj bomb that Cleveland is looking to salvage the lose of LeBron by trading him for assets

If he wants to come in FA, then by all means, welcome. But don't trade ANYONE for a 34 year old who's game is ridiculously dependent on his athleticism. Yes, he's not slowing down and has shown no signs. But he's one injury away from being irrelevant.

Watching last year's Finals there were signs. He had to do so much offensively that he took a lot of defensive possessions off. The previous Finals his defensive effort was more active.

That blame goes to the coach, they probably had LeBron playing 40MPG during there finals run, he is no robot, he's eventually gonna feel fatigue, if he comes here we have the new trainer guy to help him stay conditioned.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
If only Cleveland would be opening to trading LeBron, I think he would only use his no trade clause for the Lakers and maybe the Sixers.

Doubtful. Lebron is smart. He's not gonna have the Lakers squander assets just so he play with the Not Ready for Showtime Lakers and get pasted by the Warriors in Round 1.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
12 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

The previous year he was able to play the "free safety" role he prefers on defense. With Durant on the floor, he was the best defender they had to throw at him and Durant torched them when Lebron tried to take possessions off. I'm sure that's on his mind with a potential PG pairing.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject:

I would image Lebron's condition to coming here would be to stock this team with "win now" players. To do that and clear Deng off the books would require both Ingram and Ball among others. I dont see him burning through the last few years of his prime to develop our young players.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject:

12 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Not that Cleveland would do it, but you can't say to not trade Anyone -- I'd gladly fly some combination of Deng, Clarkson, Brewer, Zubac, Nance, Bryant, Hart, Ellis there myself for LBJ right now. Gives us flexibility.
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:44 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
I would image Lebron's condition to coming here would be to stock this team with "win now" players. To do that and clear Deng off the books would require both Ingram and Ball among others. I dont see him burning through the last few years of his prime to develop our young players.

The only reason he would choose to come is if Ingram and Ball show enough this season to make him believe he can win with them. Add in another max guy and that's a decent sized window where he's still playing at a high level.

Make no mistake, our guys will be a massive reason for ANY free agent wanting to come to this team.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject:

thats an impractical situation. No matter how promising they may look, they simply will not be ready to help Lebron overcome the Warriors while he is still in his prime. And Lebron is smart enough to know this. I can see other younger stars wanting to come here though where they can establish themselves as "the man" in LA and compete against the Warriors 3-4 years down the line
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
thats an impractical situation. No matter how promising they may look, they simply will not be ready to help Lebron overcome the Warriors while he is still in his prime. And Lebron is smart enough to know this. I can see other younger stars wanting to come here though where they can establish themselves as "the man" in LA and compete against the Warriors 3-4 years down the line

This is simply not true. Ball and Ingram will be the same Kawaii Leonard was when the Spurs lost to the Heat in the finals in 2013 (21). Did Kawai look ready?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

This is simply not true. Ball and Ingram will be the same Kawaii Leonard was when the Spurs lost to the Heat in the finals in 2013 (21). Did Kawai look ready?

No, neither is Leonard.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

No, neither is Leonard.

And you know this two years from now? Leonard was in his second season, and (21) years old when the Spurs lost to the Heat. The Lakers won't play the Warriors until May of 2019, but we already know how good or bad Ingram and Ball will be .
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject:

Leonard looked NBA ready out of SDS, Ingram was bad last season and Ball TBD. I doubt that Lebron is excited about either. Give them 3-4 years and we can then see what they are capable of.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject:

LeBron James tweets about Los Angeles being 'home,' is there some subliminal messaging here, especially since he's going to be a free agent next summer?

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
LeBron James tweets about Los Angeles being 'home,' is there some subliminal messaging here, especially since he's going to be a free agent next summer?

If you want to see it, sure. Lebron is great at trolling.
composite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject:

Nashlight wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Does LBJ's kids really live/attend schools in LA?

Just last year.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/06/22/lebron-james-la-lakers-kids-brentwood-school-leaving-cleveland/

Plus, this from the article...

Quote:
Remember, though: Before he came back to Cleveland in 2014, the first signs of his decision came when he enrolled his kiddies in a school there. History does tend to repeat itself, guys…
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject:

Bronzie is coming unless we're super garbage next year or a better opportunity opens up.

I just hope when he comes we don't make shortsighted moves to please him
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Bronzie is coming unless we're super garbage next year or a better opportunity opens up.

Hopefully Magic's ego > LBJ's ego to tell him that Lonzo/Ingram will not be Wiggins'ed.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:

Too many intangibles to act like the Warriors are going to win the next 2 or 3 chips. They are probably they most talented team ever. But nothing is for sure. If Durant or Curry go down they are beatable.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

Hopefully Magic's ego > LBJ's ego to tell him that Lonzo/Ingram will not be Wiggins'ed.
pretty much this
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Ball/Hart
George/Wade
Ingram/Nance
Lebron/Kuzma
Lopez/Bryant

I wouldn't be surprised
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

Magic is the OG Alpha. He beat HIV. He fired Jim from his own team. He's a billionaire & everything he touches turns to gold. We have no problem giving up Nwaba just to give a bit more to KCP. We will make Savanah, RP, Mav, & Randy comfy & at home at Staples. We won't treat them like Riley did. But I think we would be sorely mistaken to think that Magic will let Lebron run this team. He's no Dan Gilbert. Dan Gilbert is still paying for Comic Sans.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Ball/Hart
George/Wade
Ingram/Nance
Lebron/Kuzma
Lopez/Bryant

I wouldn't be surprised

That's my best case prediction, though i'm not sure either LBJ/PG13/Ingram play starting "PF." Maybe Kuz/Nance start with Ingram as a super 6th man who closes.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Ball/Hart
George/Wade
Ingram/Nance
Lebron/Kuzma
Lopez/Bryant

I wouldn't be surprised

That's my best case prediction, though i'm not sure either LBJ/PG13/Ingram play starting "PF." Maybe Kuz/Nance start with Ingram as a super 6th man who closes.

Makes sense there a few other ring chasers to look at as well...Rose, Joe Johnson, Trevol Ariza I think would be open to minimum deals.

Ball/Rose
George/Wade
Lebron/Ingram
Kuzma/Nance
Lopez/Bryant
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 53 of 2079
Jump to: