OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2435, 2436, 2437 ... 2854, 2855, 2856  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
I saw that earlier on Reddit. Not a good look.

For Russell? Obviously the Nets might be getting another Marbury, Lakers are on there way to a dynasty, the Net fans should enjoy there 2nd round exit in the future.

We'll see. I wouldn't bet my house on it turning out in just that way.
ice_cold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:56 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

. . . .

I figured Luke would be good for him, but Luke is more hands off and freedom, which coming out of Byron world was not what he really needed. Byron gave him structure without love, and Walton seemed to give him love without structure. He needs a dad for a coach. Maybe Atkinson will be that. Kid has a ton of talent and an assassin's moxy, so I hope he is able to get the rest on track.

Nets might just turn out to be the landing spot / fresh start DLo needed.

From interview this week with Joe Harris - a bench player for Nets (previously with Cavs . UVA) , when asked about DLo:

"I think he’s going to be great. The whole time I’ve been around him, I’ve just been impressed at his work ethic and how he is off the court and as a person. I kind of feel like he gets a bad rep sometimes from the media, but I enjoy being around him. He’s a great guy, he works really hard and I think he’s a great fit for the Nets. I think him being a part of the culture we’re trying to establish with the nets is good for him and it’s also good for us. It’s a win win for both situations. Having him is good because we’re trying to be about the right stuff and I think him having Jeremy Lin around will help him a lot in terms of development on and off the court"
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
I saw that earlier on Reddit. Not a good look.

For Russell? Obviously the Nets might be getting another Marbury, Lakers are on there way to a dynasty, the Net fans should enjoy there 2nd round exit in the future.

We'll see. I wouldn't bet my house on it turning out in just that way.

I would.

Nets won't be getting any FAs to come there, Lakers probably already know someone is committed to coming here in the summer of 2018, and I think that player is LeBron, I think when we made the Russell trade it was because we got a promise from LeBrons camp that he was gonna come so we went ahead and created a boat load of cap to make room for his arrival.

I'm not denying Russell's Impact and I think the Nets will challenge for a Top 4 seed in the next couple of years, but the lakers position right now is way better then the Nets...
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
JohnWick wrote:
I'm still salty we traded Dlo so early. I badly wanted to see Zo and Dlo backcourt. He was trending towards a perrenial all star.

This was me too - but if you want a really unique perspective on this, listen to the most recent Locked on Lakers episode with the Denver Nuggets SB Nation writer. Really fascinating stuff on how it might be better for both of these two to be separated

This is where I'm going to put it: not meant to be. Would love to have seen it, and still dislike some elements of the trade, but they do have a true leader in lonzo to move forward with, and their cap space plan, and good young assets still. All told, should be a fun season. Not the one I wanted, but one I feel I will enjoy.

Amen. Hearing Ganguli say that the Lakers didn't really consider the possibility of them playing together made me shake my head, but also provided some closure.

I don't think even DLo himself considered playing with Lonzo (RT: "Lakers would be stupid to draft Lonzo")

Russell's said on a number of occasions that he considers himself more of an off ball player, but because he liked a tweet that isn't relevant? And who really cares if DLo considered it? He isn't in charge of personnel.

You have a preternaturally gifted passer and a guy who's a pretty talented scorer, and the thought never occurred to anyone that maybe they could play together?

Between that and Tania's other comments, it's pretty apparent that they were looking to move him for off court reasons.

Might have worked offensively, but defensively they wouldn't make a good long term fit. After we signed KCP, I remember Pelinka made a comment along the lines of "he checked off all the boxes of what we were looking for", and then specifically mentioned how KCP can guard the opposing team's best guard.

I don't think KCP will be here long term either, but you never know. If we get a guy like PG13 then it wouldn't matter if KCP walked.
spflakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject:

This is in my Inwood neighborhood. I try and get to a few games each summer, saw Durant in 2011, but looks like I missed a good one tonight.

https://twitter.com/IamDyckman/status/895504399770013696
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject:

Still got Ice in his veins in NYC

Nice way to re-introduce himself.

Ziggy wrote:

Might have worked offensively, but defensively they wouldn't make a good long term fit. After we signed KCP, I remember Pelinka made a comment along the lines of "he checked off all the boxes of what we were looking for", and then specifically mentioned how KCP can guard the opposing team's best guard.

Here's Russell vs KCP's defensive stats/percentiles from last year.

http://i.imgur.com/fX1Ib5q.jpg

Russell was in his 2nd season, KCP is in his 4th.

So yeah, Russell was pretty underrated defensively, people cared more about the narrative than the actual stats. Which is usually the case when people let the eye test and perception dictate a lot of the equation.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
SiriusXM NBA Radio ✔ @SiriusXMNBA
"It's great having him around. He's vocal and him joining the culture has been great for the organization." - @ SeanKilpatrick on @Dloading
9:42 AM - Aug 10, 2017 · Staten Island, NY
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject:

This dude gonna ball next year.
zoom K083
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Ziggy wrote:

So yeah, Russell was pretty underrated defensively, people cared more about the narrative than the actual stats. Which is usually the case when people let the eye test and perception dictate a lot of the equation.

looks like KCP only has as a significant advantage in spot ups, hand offs, and off screens. hard to put into context, but it might be due to the switch everything defense we had last year.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:

He's gonna be ballin and scoring 25PPG but the Nets will be lottery bound.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

He's gonna be ballin and scoring 25PPG but the Nets will be lottery bound.
Last time I checked, teams win games.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Ziggy wrote:

He let bricky rubio have 3 career nights against him. I get hes young and defense will improve but he was getting torched on D end a lot
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Ziggy wrote:

KCP guards the best guard of the opposing team. I doubt Russell would do that while also allowing the offense to run through Lonzo. Guess we'll never know.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
MJST wrote:

Ziggy wrote:

KCP guards the best guard of the opposing team. I doubt Russell would do that while also allowing the offense to run through Lonzo. Guess we'll never know.

Russell played the point guard, he was going up against the best guard on an opposing team 95% of the time.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject:

zoom K083 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Ziggy wrote:

looks like KCP only has as a significant advantage in spot ups, hand offs, and off screens. hard to put into context, but it might be due to the switch everything defense we had last year.

Or Drummond vs Randle/Mozgov
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject:

DAMN IT Russell would fit on this team like a glove. (bleep)
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait to see what he does in Brooklyn. Have a feeling kid is going to shine this year. Such a shame. Still our best prospect imo. Too bad he'll be running on another team.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject:

Nets play the Knicks tonight. This thread is going to explode if Russell has a good or great game. lol
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
Nets play the Knicks tonight. This thread is going to explode if Russell has a good or great game. lol

It's ok as long as Kuzma plays well too
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:

Or it'll explode with trolls if he plays poorly.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Can't wait to see what he does in Brooklyn. Have a feeling kid is going to shine this year. Such a shame. Still our best prospect imo. Too bad he'll be running on another team.

I think he'll have a better coach/system too. And less expectations.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject:

wish we still had DLO.

He's the half court go to scorer we need too
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
wish we still had DLO.

Maybe in the future. Last year DLO was not a go-to scorer with the exception of a handful of games. His arrogance exceeded his results IMO
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
22 wrote:
wish we still had DLO.

Maybe in the future. Last year DLO was not a go-to scorer with the exception of a handful of games. His arrogance exceeded his results IMO

Yeah of course he need to grow mentally and basketball wise, but Lonzo would have helped a lot with that
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
zoom K083
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject:

i fully expect the lonzo thread to full of DLO stuff no matter how he plays tonight
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2435, 2436, 2437 ... 2854, 2855, 2856  Next
Page 2436 of 2856
Jump to: