Seager SS
Turner 3B
Bellinger 1B
Forsythe 2B
Hernández RF
Barnes C
Pederson CF
Darvish P

Guess a game winning knock get you benched the next game (Wild Horse).

They're resting Puig since he has some hamstring soreness. Probably from that amazing catch in game 1.

lol.. kike screws up and they pull Joc and put in Puig.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Still haven't lost a series since early June. Crazy.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Pen tried to implode until Kenley said enough of this (bleep)!

10 up Hou
12.5 up Wash
16 up Col
17 up AZ

Big Bad Blue Crew on cruise control until October??
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Let's pray that Puig and Watson are okay, both taking good licks this series.

Last edited by LonzoLegend2 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:
Still haven't lost a series since early June. Crazy.

Another series win despite adversity and now with some weak opponents upcoming, LA gonna reach FIFTY GAMES OVER!

Last edited by LonzoLegend2 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Warms my heart when I recall Greinke explaining the reason why he joined the D-Backs was because of their offense.....
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:

What happened to Watson?
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:

What happened to Watson?

Combacker lined sharply off his foot...the trainer came out to check on him and he got pulled regardless by Roberts as Goldy (power righty) was coming up to hit for AZ.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:

What happened to Watson?

Combacker lined sharply off his foot...the trainer came out to check on him and he got pulled regardless by Roberts as Goldy (power righty) was coming up to hit for AZ.

It wouldn't be a big loss, IMO.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:

What happened to Watson?

It wouldn't be a big loss, IMO.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Went to this local place in Anaheim that actually gets the Dodger games, and although Darvish was obviously fighting his control tonight, man, his stuff is just electric. When your fastball sits in the mid-90's (topping out at 98), and you have about 3 different breaking balls, which he throws at any time, it just makes him so hard to hit. (When he's not tipping his pitches, apparently.) He has that hard slider in the mid-80's that he throws that just darts from one side of the plate to the other, with more of a horizontal sharp break to it, and then he can also flip that slower, mid-70's curveball up there that has more of a vertical sharp break to it. He's fun to watch.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Went to this local place in Anaheim that actually gets the Dodger games, and although Darvish was obviously fighting his control tonight, man, his stuff is just electric. When your fastball sits in the mid-90's (topping out at 98), and you have about 3 different breaking balls, which he throws at any time, it just makes him so hard to hit. (When he's not tipping his pitches, apparently.) He has that hard slider in the mid-80's that he throws that just darts from one side of the plate to the other, with more of a horizontal sharp break to it, and then he can also flip that slower, mid-70's curveball up there that has more of a vertical sharp break to it. He's fun to watch.

Where broski? I'm in YL if you recall. I met a friend at a sports bar to catch up recently and of course they didn't have the Dodgers on...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Where broski? I'm in YL if you recall. I met a friend at a sports bar to catch up recently and of course they didn't have the Dodgers on...

It's this joint called Angelo's. The waitresses have on roller skates and they don't take credit cards--just straight cash, homey--but the food is pretty good for a place like that (they have burgers, sandwiches, burritos...basically American and Mexican fare), and it's not that expensive. And hey, you get to watch the Dodgers! LOL. I go there every once in a while to watch a game.

Oh, and they have beer there, too, if you're into that. (I'm not.)
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

It's this joint called Angelo's. The waitresses have on roller skates and they don't take credit cards--just straight cash, homey--but the food is pretty good for a place like that (they have burgers, sandwiches, burritos...basically American and Mexican fare), and it's not that expensive. And hey, you get to watch the Dodgers! LOL. I go there every once in a while to watch a game.

Oh, and they have beer there, too, if you're into that. (I'm not.)

Nice! Definitely going to check it out if I'm gonna check out a Doyers game.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

One of the great frustrations of living in Anaheim Hills has been that nobody shows Doyer games. Freaking crap Angels and Ducks games on loop. And during basketball season, I have to ask for a tv to be turned to the Lakers.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

One of the great frustrations of living in Anaheim Hills has been that nobody shows Doyer games. Freaking crap Angels and Ducks games on loop. And during basketball season, I have to ask for a tv to be turned to the Lakers.

It's not just our area...it's everywhere. The overwhelming majority of sports bars have DirecTV for obvious reasons (NFL Sunday Ticket and Red Zone). They can't even turn on the Dodgers if they wanted to.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

It's not just our area...it's everywhere. The overwhelming majority of sports bars have DirecTV for obvious reasons (NFL Sunday Ticket and Red Zone). They can't even turn on the Dodgers if they wanted to.

Whip out the tablet and look up youtube streams
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Does this qualify as a BobBomb?

Bob Nightengale‏
Verified account
 @BNightengale 18s
18 seconds ago

More
Dave Roberts pleased with Clayton Kershaw's 35-pitch session. He will make one more session, a rehab assignment, and then rejoin #Dodgers
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Kershaw's return is supposedly slated for August 24th barring any setbacks. That would give him about 6-7 more starts this season.

If that's the case the Cy Young should still be in play for him. He'll have started 26-28 games and somewhere around 180 innings pitched.

He'll have 5 or 6 less starts than Scherzer, and 40 or so less innings. But if he continues to lower his ERA into the 1.7-1.8 range when he comes back and wins 20 games, I think that would be enoguh to justify it for him.

Although I'd rather him win a World Series ring than another Cy Young. Both wouldn't be bad though.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

That's how I watch at work. I just stream from reddit on my laptop. Makes dinner hours fly by. A part of the enjoyment is kicking back with your buddies having a drink and catching the game on a big screen at a bar.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:
Kershaw's return is supposedly slated for August 24th barring any setbacks. That would give him about 6-7 more starts this season.

If that's the case the Cy Young should still be in play for him. He'll have started 26-28 games and somewhere around 180 innings pitched.

He'll have 5 or 6 less starts than Scherzer, and 40 or so less innings. But if he continues to lower his ERA into the 1.7-1.8 range when he comes back and wins 20 games, I think that would be enoguh to justify it for him.

Although I'd rather him win a World Series ring than another Cy Young. Both wouldn't be bad though.

Hopefully that son of a (bleep) gets lit up a few times in his next few outings.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
srm90 wrote:

Hopefully that son of a (bleep) gets lit up a few times in his next few outings.

Not gonna happen. Scherzer is the overwhelming favorite, even if Kersh is lights out once he comes back. The innings gap (and, thus, the K gap) is just too much to overcome IMO.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
nickuku wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

That's how I watch at work. I just stream from reddit on my laptop. Makes dinner hours fly by. A part of the enjoyment is kicking back with your buddies having a drink and catching the game on a big screen at a bar.

Yeah I kid. I catch a game with my friends sometimes at Buffalo Wild Wings. They usually have the dodgers on.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Dodgers' Adrian Gonzalez: Moving rehab to High-A Rancho Cucamonga
By RotoWire Staff 20m ago • 1 min read
UPDATE 20m ago

Quote:
Gonzalez will play a rehab game at High-A Rancho Cucamonga on Saturday, Andy McCullough of the Los Angeles Times reports.
Gonzalez hit .308 with a home run over five games for Triple-A Oklahoma City and took four at-bats in his last contest there. Even though his rehab is moving down in league classification, the fact that the Dodgers are moving him closer to home suggests that he's nearing a return. Gonzalez is likely halfway through his rehab assignment; expect him to play four or five games for Rancho Cucamonga before making his way back to Los Angeles.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
srm90 wrote:

Not gonna happen. Scherzer is the overwhelming favorite, even if Kersh is lights out once he comes back. The innings gap (and, thus, the K gap) is just too much to overcome IMO.

Well, Scherzer is scheduled to start against Houston soon, and will likely start a game against us. There's potential for a couple bad outings there that could balloon his ERA. He's good enough though to just as easily dominate against both teams. We shall see.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 340, 341, 342  Next
Page 72 of 342
Jump to: