Zach Randolph Arrested
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
I think candypandy is well-aware of the jailblazer history and that he was playing on the blazer (weed) aspect of the meme.

Oh, is that some current slang?

yeah fam stay woke squad
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
I think candypandy is well-aware of the jailblazer history and that he was playing on the blazer (weed) aspect of the meme.

yeah fam stay woke squad

Gotcha. CC was being more of a twit than usual, and I gave him too much credit.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

yeah fam stay woke squad

Gotcha. CC was being more of a twit than usual, and I gave him too much credit.

What?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject:

if he's rolling in the hood like that he should have atleast one guy ready to take the rap for what goes down
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
We won't have to worry about the Kings, looks like there gonna be dark clouded by this, cause Randolph was supposed to be a mentor for there young roster.... another bad acquisition by the Queens.

Means a Lakers trade is coming!
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
if he's rolling in the hood like that he should have atleast one guy ready to take the rap for what goes down

Or have a white guy in the group... incase you gotta speak to the police
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Ah Portland and weed. What a combo.

Taken from an old post.

Quote:
riehldeal: Dear Mr. Nash,

My name is Joseph Riehl. I live in Southeast Portland and have been raised as a life long Trailblazer fan. My dad was your team's biggest supporter back in the "good ole days." However, in the past few years his interest and support has dramatically decreased due to all of the highly reported legal and moral issues that the Blazers have become more known for than their play on the court. Despite my fathers arguments to the contrary, I had remained loyal and continued to support our city's team and franchise. But this is where my reason for emailing you comes into play and my future support for the Blazers becomes questionable at best.

I was shopping at Lloyd Center Mall at the popular Finish Line store when the unexpected happened. I turned around sharply only to nearly bump into a LARGE man and I quickly realized this wasnt just some regular giant of a man. It was the Blazers' supposed franchise player in Zach Randolph. At first, I was very excited because I am/was (?) a big fan but I quickly came to the notice that something was truly wrong about the way that Mr. Randolph appeared and acted. Let me say that I am a junior year student down at the University of Oregon located in Eugene, OR and its safe to say that being down there has given me expertise in knowing the effects and signs of marijuana use. Also, the signs were quite apparent to many others in the store at the same time as me. Mr. Randolph was clearly extremely intoxicated along with his few (3-4) friends that were shopping with him. The worst part of the whole situation, as if the marijuana use in public wasnt enough, was the language used by Mr. Randolph in the presence of young kids and their mothers. Every other word was a swear word stated loud enough for all those in the store to hear.

I am not close minded to what people do in their own personal lives but the key word there is personal. If Mr. Randolph insists on using marijuana he could atleast have the common sense and decency to others to consume it on his own private property.

I found myself embarrassed for Zach and also ashamed that I would use my money (that I work so hard for) to support such a man who clearly has no respect for himself, others, and his predeccessors who worked so hard so that players like him could make the money that they do nowadays.

I know that little can be done just based off of my email because you dont know me or whatever. But rest assurred Mr. Randolph most likely has a drug problem and even if he doesnt but just made a mistake that day, an apology should be in order (not to me but to those kids). I am confident that the Blazer organization is or would be well aware of any such drug problems and will or has been acting on them as swiftly as possible. If not, then what exactly is this new era going to stand for?

Sincerely,

Concerned Blazer Fan

Joseph Riehl
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject:

Well. Deng hasn't produced much on court. But ZBo's veteran leadership? Yikes.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
11pm
Nickerson Gardens projects
2 pounds of weed
Felons with guns
Crowd turns on police
Bottles and rocks, broken cop windows and slashed cop tires
Zach arrested again for the same stupidity

Nickerson Gardens is the largest housing project in the West, and home of the Bounty Hunter Bloods
There is a big wall on which they write the names of the deceased
Zach is going to screw around and wind up with his name on that wall

I grew up with a few of the names on the Wall. It's a list of multi-generational people, both young and old that have lost their lives, or we just plain miss them.

I'm not sure if folks realize how foolish it is for a millionaire athlete to be hanging out in Nickerson Gardens at night. You've to know the homies well to do that.

He cannot hang out like that unless he knows the homies, and money will just make you more of a target if you don't.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/08/16/rasheed-wallace-says-zach-randolph-isnt-a-drug-dealer-the-bigger-the-paycheck-the-bigger-the-party/

Quote:
Rasheed Wallace says Zach Randolph isn’t a drug dealer: ‘The bigger the paycheck, the bigger the party’

Kings big man Zach Randolph is charged with possessing marijuana with intent to sell, a felony – not because law enforcement has evidence Randolph planned to sell the drug, but because of the amount of the drug found.

Randolph’s agent/attorney denied the allegations.

Also sticking up for Randolph? Rasheed Wallace, who played with Randolph on the Trail Blazers.

Wallace, via TMZ:

“It seems to be — no matter who you are — the bigger the paycheck, the bigger the party,” Sheed says.

“I know for a fact he ain’t no dope dealer.”

Charging someone for intending to distributing drugs without any proof he intends to distribute drugs is hazardously lazy. Randolph – who has earned about $175 million in his career and is on a two-year, $24 million contract with Sacramento – can afford more marijuana than most. That doesn’t mean he plans to sell it.

The stakes are high for Randolph. If he’s convicted of “a felony involving the distribution of marijuana,” per the Collective Bargaining Agreement, he’d be banned from the NBA for at least two years.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/08/16/rasheed-wallace-says-zach-randolph-isnt-a-drug-dealer-the-bigger-the-paycheck-the-bigger-the-party/

Quote:
Rasheed Wallace says Zach Randolph isn’t a drug dealer: ‘The bigger the paycheck, the bigger the party’

Kings big man Zach Randolph is charged with possessing marijuana with intent to sell, a felony – not because law enforcement has evidence Randolph planned to sell the drug, but because of the amount of the drug found.

Randolph’s agent/attorney denied the allegations.

Also sticking up for Randolph? Rasheed Wallace, who played with Randolph on the Trail Blazers.

Wallace, via TMZ:

“It seems to be — no matter who you are — the bigger the paycheck, the bigger the party,” Sheed says.

“I know for a fact he ain’t no dope dealer.”

Charging someone for intending to distributing drugs without any proof he intends to distribute drugs is hazardously lazy. Randolph – who has earned about $175 million in his career and is on a two-year, $24 million contract with Sacramento – can afford more marijuana than most. That doesn’t mean he plans to sell it.

The stakes are high for Randolph. If he’s convicted of “a felony involving the distribution of marijuana,” per the Collective Bargaining Agreement, he’d be banned from the NBA for at least two years.

he wasnt selling anything.

real simple thing that happened. and let me give the disclaimer. What the heck were you doing down in that part of the hood randolph? you're 30+ years old.

When guys get drafted and they are from tougher areas. even if they are drafted by teams outside of the state they were born in. they will usually gravitate towards those same environments. because they dont know what to expect from the other environments and lets not act like its going to be drug free in those other environments either.

The problem is, hanging in the hood with the homies is something you stop doing after your first few years in the league. there is no logical reason to be that deep in the hood at 30+ years of age and you're that rich UNLESS you're doing something positive for the community..opening up a community center, knew football field, sports complex, basketball court, giving dinners/food to the homeless, toys for tots, running basketball camps for the kids... that type of stuff. you're to old to be smoking the homies out.

Which is exactly what randle was doing. He went down there, got everyone high on his dime. and that was that.

Now there's one other thing that could have happened. He could've actually purchased all of a known dealers weed. smoked everyone out like i said above and was going to take the rest home with him. why buy up that much weed? not that you need it. But you're doing that dealer a solid buy almost giving him X amt of dollars. So now he wont have to sell all of that little by little. I know this happens or has happened because it use to happen with some of your known nba players when they would come home to L.A. or when they would come to visit on road trips in L.A.
I've seen it with my own eyes.

But for randolph. there shouldnt be a single homie still living in the projects. not if you're 30+ years old. You have enough money to get EVERYONE out the hood. not that he should have, i'm just saying. If the guy you went to see in the projects is that good of a friend of yours to risk your money and freedom. When in the hood especially in los angeles you have two gangs to look out for. The real ones and the police. They all act the same when you're messing around in the hood, especially at night. Even if you were not up to not good. You will be harassed by one of those two factions. That is a guarantee.
PrairieAve
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Randolph was by all accounts a model citizen while playing for the Memphis Grizzlies. I'll have to blame this unfortunate incident on being new to the area, because he knows better than to jeopardize his career by being in the wrong part of town.
-Avenue of the Champions- -RIP Dr Buss- #824
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/08/31/report-zach-randolph-charged-with-misdemeanor-marijuana-possession-resisting-arrest/

Quote:
Report: Zach Randolph charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession, resisting arrest

Earlier this month, the Sacramento’s new backup big man Zach Randolph was arrested in Los Angeles on a felony —
possession of marijuana with intent to sell, because he had so much on him. Randolph’s attorney called the charges misleading, and Rasheed Wallace came to Randolph’s defense saying Randolph doesn’t sell.

The Los Angeles District Attorney got a look at the case and has dropped the charges down to two misdemeanors, reports TMZ Sports.

But now, prosecutors have reduced the charges down to misdemeanor possession of more than 1 ounce of marijuana and misdemeanor resisting arrest.

If convicted on both counts, Randolph faces up to 1 year in jail — but since it’s his first arrest, he likely won’t spend another minute behind bars.

Most of the time, cases like this are pled out, with the defendant paying a fine and doing some community service. However, because Randolph could face discipline from the league he could choose to fight the charges.

The NBA has a comprehensive marijuana policy in place. On a first positive test, players are sent to an education, treatment and counseling program. The NBA fines players $25,000 for a second marijuana conviction/positive test, then players are suspended five games for a third violation. However, if there is an arrest and conviction/guilty plea the league office can fine or suspend a player earlier in the process. In this case, the league office will let the legal issues play out before taking action, if it takes any at all.

The Kings PR staff has to be cursing the gods. After starting his career in the Jail Blazers era in Portland, during his time in Memphis Randolph was seen as a model player who was active and giving in the community, with no real scrapes with the law. Sacramento signs him this summer (two years, $24 million), and this comes down. Obviously, this is not on the Kings organization, but they would like to catch a break
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject:

PrairieAve wrote:
Randolph was by all accounts a model citizen while playing for the Memphis Grizzlies. I'll have to blame this unfortunate incident on being new to the area, because he knows better than to jeopardize his career by being in the wrong part of town.

Based on your screen name, I can assume you are familiar with LA.

In my experience, one wouldn't typically show up at Nickerson Gardens by accident.

That said, to act like ZBo is some devil and the rest of the guys are saints is ridiculous. But most guys don't start dealing until post career when the money dries up some, so I don't think that was happening here...especially with weed which is WIDELY available in So Cal storefronts and elsewhere (I have heard)
sickside323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject:

PrairieAve wrote:

Nah, he played for the Clippers so he knew where he was. This was just blown out of proportion because of the amount of weed he had on him and the crap that happened after the cops arrived.

Should he have put himself in that position? Probably not but it happens. Z-Bo seems like a good dude and we're all liable to to make mistakes, even when we know better.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Well. Deng hasn't produced much on court. But ZBo's veteran leadership? Yikes.

Maybe Deng should start blazing too; it would probably help his game (it certainly couldn't hurt).
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Bleacher Report NBA‏Verified account @BR_NBA 17m17 minutes ago

Zach Randolph's marijuana charge dismissed, will serve 150 hours of community service as part of plea deal, per @TMZ http://ble.ac/2xzxoqz
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
Bleacher Report NBA‏Verified account @BR_NBA 17m17 minutes ago

Zach Randolph's marijuana charge dismissed, will serve 150 hours of community service as part of plea deal, per @TMZ http://ble.ac/2xzxoqz

Not surprised. It will be interesting to see how the NBA and the Kings handle it now.

The arrest alone should have triggered at least a drug test but it's probably too late now unless he continued to use. I'm sure the Kings don't want the embarrassment since they just signed him for his "veteran leadership".
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject:

In this day and age, it's hard to believe that anyone really cares about this. I guess the league will need to fine Zach just because he drew attention to himself by getting arrested.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject:

So the case went up in...smoke?
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Just blazed away.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Just blazed away.

Straight down the pot(ty).
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Just blazed away.

That's a blunt way of stating it.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Just blazed away.

That's a blunt way of stating it.

Had to weed out the facts
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: