News from the other side: Phoenix Suns Rebuild is Going Better than the Los Angeles Lakers
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: News from the other side: Phoenix Suns Rebuild is Going Better than the Los Angeles Lakers

So I use Google news and I have a feed set up for news on the Lakers.

And this afternoon this article popped up about how wonderful the Suns are doing and about how Nance, Randle, Clarkson are all solid players but have maxed out their potential, how Ball is just a bad jump shot away from being the next Rajon Rondo and how the jury is still out on Ingram, Zubac, Kuzma, Bryant and Hart.

https://valleyofthesuns.com/2017/08/10/phoenix-suns-rebuild-going-better-los-angeles-lakers/

The article states that Booker, Bender, Chriss, Warren, Jackson, Bledsoe et all are so much more promising that what the Lakers have.

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject:

I'm not gonna click it.
But why would a writer from phoenix care about how the Lakers re-build is doing? L.A. clicks?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I'm not gonna click it.
But why would a writer from phoenix care about how the Lakers re-build is doing? L.A. clicks?
Bingo
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't trade Ball or Ingram for anyone on their roster.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I'm not gonna click it.

His hook is saying that the Sun rebuild began when they traded Nash to the Lakers. It's just some off-the-top-of-the-head ramblings from a reporter on a small paper saying "rah rah" for my team. Filler stuff you dash off in 15 minutes.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
epak wrote:
I'm not gonna click it.

His hook is saying that the Sun rebuild began when they traded Nash to the Lakers. It's just some off-the-top-of-the-head ramblings from a reporter on a small paper saying "rah rah" for my team. Filler stuff you dash off in 15 minutes.

Sounds like this guy is part of the "I'm a lazy sports media journalist for a newspaper but I will (bleep) about having no job as the industry shrinks" group.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Lol. Our rebuild will include 2 max players while the Suns will be lucky to get 3rd tier FAs
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Young core comparison:

Lakers: Ball you can stop there.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
epak wrote:
I'm not gonna click it.

IIRC, the Suns traded that Lakers' 2013 draft pick to Cleveland who drafted Sergey Karasev(who?) and then traded that 2015 1st rounder everyone's been coveting for the past few years for Brandon Knight and Kendall Marshall.

I guess you can say that dismantling your team by trading away your superstar is the start of a rebuild but they threw away those assets.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: News from the other side: Phoenix Suns Rebuild is Going Better than the Los Angeles Lakers

Laker7 wrote:

And this afternoon this article popped up about how wonderful the Suns are doing and about how Nance, Randle, Clarkson are all solid players but have maxed out their potential, how Ball is just a bad jump shot away from being the next Rajon Rondo and how the jury is still out on Ingram, Zubac, Kuzma, Bryant and Hart.

https://valleyofthesuns.com/2017/08/10/phoenix-suns-rebuild-going-better-los-angeles-lakers/

The article states that Booker, Bender, Chriss, Warren, Jackson, Bledsoe et all are so much more promising that what the Lakers have.

The weird part is, Lonzo is the guy that helps set the LAL roster apart from the Suns. But otherwise, yeah, I look PHX crop, especially Warren, Bender, Jackson.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject:

What's wrong with Rajon Rondo?...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: News from the other side: Phoenix Suns Rebuild is Going Better than the Los Angeles Lakers

Mike@LG wrote:
Laker7 wrote:

The weird part is, Lonzo is the guy that helps set the LAL roster apart from the Suns. But otherwise, yeah, I look PHX crop, especially Warren, Bender, Jackson.

I am not sold on Bender or Chriss yet. Chriss is too inefficient to me. Lots of talent though. Bender I see the potential but he can't seem to put it together ala Wes Johnson.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject:

These doesn't matter, it all comes down to who has the next super star, is it ball? Ingram or booker?
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject:

I'd love to ask the writer who he thinks the Suns wouldn't trade to get Ball. IIRC, they was a report the Suns were trying to move up, and we know they tanked harder than anyone.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Phoenix would swap rosters with us in an instant. Our stockpile has a chance to be great, theirs is capped at good team.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject:

I won't click on the link, but basically it sounds like he's taking our worst case scenario and putting up against their best case scenario. Homerism at its finest. Won't even waste my time reading it.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
activeverb wrote:
epak wrote:
I'm not gonna click it.

Sounds like this guy is part of the "I'm a lazy sports media journalist for a newspaper but I will (bleep) about having no job as the industry shrinks" group.

Actually, I think he's just a fan who writes for a fan team site for free. I don't believe he's a professional journalist. And by the standards of what he's doing and what the site is, his stuff is fine.

Getting worked up about it makes about as much sense as a Phoenix fan getting worked up by something a Laker fan posted about their team on a thread in LG.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
What's wrong with Rajon Rondo?...

He was a Celtic.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I'm not gonna click it.

Because the national media loves talking about the Lakers and never talks about Phoenix (right or wrong).
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
epak wrote:
I'm not gonna click it.

Because the national media loves talking about the Lakers and never talks about Phoenix (right or wrong).

Well, that and we were in a tank battle with them down the stretch. We're a good comp for PHX.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I'm not gonna click it.

Probably trying to get Phoenix clicks. There are a lot more Lakers fans there than Suns fans.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:

+1
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

+1

Yep, and while Booker is clearly better than Randle, I wouldn't trade Randle for either Bender or Chriss. If Randle wasn't a free agent next year, I likely wouldn't trade Randle for Jackson either, but, then again, I'm not very high on Jackson and, conversely, I still think highly of Randle's potential.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: