PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject:

MojoRisin wrote:
rwongega wrote:
MojoRisin wrote:
rwongega wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Rams hire QB coach

Quote:
Former Jacksonville Jaguars offensive coordinator Greg Olson will become the quarterback coach for the Los Angeles Rams next season.

This is huge news for the franchise considering Olson is one of the most experienced offensive coordinators in the NFL — and has accepted a smaller role with the team.

LINK

Boras won't be back. He's going to Buffalo as their TE coach.

List of QB's under 25 Olson has worked with: Rex Grossman, Joey Harrington, Josh Freeman, Blaine Gabbert, Terrelle Pryor, Matt McGloin, David Carr, Blake Bortles. That's not very appetizing. Outside of Carr, who blossomed after Olson left, it's a who's who of QB failures. Can't be any worse than Boras but this isn't much of an upgrade. His resume boils down to Turnover machine, deer in headlights, dumb as bricks, slow mo, now a WR, sub-par, star only after departure, and mechanics worse than high schooler.

I assume you mean Derek Carr

What does him being a OC for those other teams have to do with him being a qb coach for the Rams?

If you dont think he is an upgrade over Weinke I do not know what to tell you.

Autocorrect but yes.

It has everything to do with it if you know anything about football. The OC will always be directly responsible for a young QB's development working in conjunction with the QB coach. Regardless, he was officially OC/QB coach at almost all of his stops. So yeah, he was brought in to mentor those young QB's I mention. All but one were failures (save for Carr which coincided with the one time Olson wasn't the QB coach).

He's a minor upgrade and not much of one. It's like going from Mike Brown to Mike D'Antoni.

you seem to like to use a narrow window for your qbs so I think its fair to show the other side

2001: Garcia
2003: Kordell Stewart, Chris Chandler
2004: Garcia again
2006-7: Bulger
2008: Garcia again

Mainly because it's in dealing with young undeveloped QB's under 25? All the ones you mentioned were veterans (not to mention Kordell had his worst year as a QB in 2003, Chandler threw a career worst 6 picks in a game, Garcia actually regressed from the year before) and going back that far in time doesn't help unless you're Jeff Fisher.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
MojoRisin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
MojoRisin wrote:
rwongega wrote:
MojoRisin wrote:
rwongega wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Rams hire QB coach

Quote:
Former Jacksonville Jaguars offensive coordinator Greg Olson will become the quarterback coach for the Los Angeles Rams next season.

This is huge news for the franchise considering Olson is one of the most experienced offensive coordinators in the NFL — and has accepted a smaller role with the team.

LINK

List of QB's under 25 Olson has worked with: Rex Grossman, Joey Harrington, Josh Freeman, Blaine Gabbert, Terrelle Pryor, Matt McGloin, David Carr, Blake Bortles. That's not very appetizing. Outside of Carr, who blossomed after Olson left, it's a who's who of QB failures. Can't be any worse than Boras but this isn't much of an upgrade. His resume boils down to Turnover machine, deer in headlights, dumb as bricks, slow mo, now a WR, sub-par, star only after departure, and mechanics worse than high schooler.

What does him being a OC for those other teams have to do with him being a qb coach for the Rams?

Autocorrect but yes.

It has everything to do with it if you know anything about football. The OC will always be directly responsible for a young QB's development working in conjunction with the QB coach. Regardless, he was officially OC/QB coach at almost all of his stops. So yeah, he was brought in to mentor those young QB's I mention. All but one were failures (save for Carr which coincided with the one time Olson wasn't the QB coach).

He's a minor upgrade and not much of one. It's like going from Mike Brown to Mike D'Antoni.

you seem to like to use a narrow window for your qbs so I think its fair to show the other side

Mainly because it's in dealing with young undeveloped QB's under 25? All the ones you mentioned were veterans (not to mention Kordell had his worst year as a QB in 2003, Chandler threw a career worst 6 picks in a game, Garcia actually regressed from the year before) and going back that far in time doesn't help unless you're Jeff Fisher.

you are talking about guys who never sniffed success without Olson. Carr claims Olson set him up for life as a QB.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject:

MojoRisin wrote:
rwongega wrote:
MojoRisin wrote:
rwongega wrote:
MojoRisin wrote:
rwongega wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Rams hire QB coach

Quote:

LINK

Autocorrect but yes.

you are talking about guys who never sniffed success without Olson. Carr claims Olson set him up for life as a QB.

They never sniffed success because of Olson.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
MojoRisin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
MojoRisin wrote:
rwongega wrote:
MojoRisin wrote:
rwongega wrote:
MojoRisin wrote:
rwongega wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Rams hire QB coach

Quote:

LINK

Autocorrect but yes.

lol.. ok.

stats say otherwise but keep your hate strong.
MojoRisin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Wade Phillips Eager To Work For Mcvay With Rams

http://www.lasportsfans.com/forums/threads/wade-phillips-eager-to-work-for-mcvay-with-rams.2835/
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject:

TY for the links, Mojo.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject:

MojoRisin wrote:
rwongega wrote:
MojoRisin wrote:
rwongega wrote:
MojoRisin wrote:
rwongega wrote:
MojoRisin wrote:
rwongega wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Rams hire QB coach

Quote:

LINK

Autocorrect but yes.

lol.. ok.

stats say otherwise but keep your hate strong.

The stats more than support me but keep being delusional about Olson.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:

Autocorrect but yes.

You are talking about guys who weren't good with him and weren't good without him. Short story is, they weren't good NFL QBs.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject:

Stadium delayed until summer of 2020 due to rain that delayed construction.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19410632/the-new-stadium-chargers-rams-los-angeles-delayed-1-year-2020
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject:

Looks like the Greg Robinson experiment is over. Traded to the Lions for a 2018 sixth-round pick.

So much for trying him at RT.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject:

NFL season is just around the corner. First preseason game on Aug 12th against Dallas.

Anxious to see what McVay is going to bring to that stagnant offense.

Hopefully, defense will be just as solid but we've already lost Dominque Easley for the season with a torn ACL and Aaron Donald is holding from training camp.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject:

http://www.thepostgame.com/danny-trejo-los-angeles-rams-donuts-fans

Quote:
Behold The L.A. Rams Donut By Actor/Superfan/Restaurateur Danny Trejo

Actor Danny Trejo is famous for his roles in Hollywood hits such as Heat, Con Air and Machete, but he is also known as a Rams superfan and a Los Angeles restaurateur on the rise.

Trejo found a unique way to combine his football and food interests by creating the L.A. Rams donut, which is glazed in the team colors of royal blue and gold.

"Vanilla filling, but I can't tell you what type," Trejo said."If I do, I have to kill you. It's special stuff. This is specially for the Rams."

The donuts will be available at Trejo's Coffee & Donuts on Rams game days.

To unveil the first batch of the donut, Trejo invited Rams guard Rodger Saffold to his shop at 6785 Santa Monica Boulevard in Hollywood for some taste-testing.

"There's not many left so we'll have to make more so people at home can have some," Saffold said.

Saffold also enjoyed the pineapple fritter, which Trejo and pastry chef Dianne Crame developed.

"It blows up in your mouth," Trejo said.

Trejo's coffee and donut shop, which has no seating, launched in May.

His first establishment was Trejo's Tacos, which opened in January 2016. He followed up with two locations of Trejo's Cantina -- Hollywood in October 2016 and Pasadena in June 2017 -- is plan to expand beyond California.

His food truck can be found at Rams home games:
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Rams get their deep ball threat. Hated to give up EJ Gaines but getting excited for how the offense is shaping up.

LINK
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Rams get their deep ball threat. Hated to give up EJ Gaines but getting excited for how the offense is shaping up.

LINK

Not bad. Gaines is a solid starter but hardly irreplaceable. Meanwhile a crappy WR corps gets a guy who can be dynamic if healthy. Rams must really love the Bills' WR's for some reason....

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Man. Poor Sammy Watkins. Loads of talent but can't find a home with a proper QB.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Coliseum got some much needed upgrades with 2 new HD jumbotrons replacing the older ones which were installed when the Raiders moved down to LA in the 80's. The original facade is restored too with the older video boards gone. Next offseason will begin construction of the long awaited luxury boxes to be ready for the 2019 USC football season, which thanks to the delay in the Inglewood stadium will mean that the Rams will experience the upgraded Coliseum for one season before they move to the new stadium in Inglewood.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Man. Poor Sammy Watkins. Loads of talent but can't find a home with a proper QB.

Based on what we've seen so far, Tyrod Taylor is a lot better than Goff. I'm a big believer in Watkins...when he's healthy. Which he is right now. But with much better coaching in place, a better O line, and an actual legit #1 WR now, the offense is two steps away from being good again. Step 1, Goff; step 2, Gurley bouncing back.

If Goff flops this year, I could see the team go hard at Cousins next season.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20369986/aaron-donald-los-angeles-rams-take-contract-holdout-regular-season
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20369986/aaron-donald-los-angeles-rams-take-contract-holdout-regular-season

AD's agent is the same guy who reps Joey Bosa of the Chargers. Dude was a rookie and held out til end of August last year.

This might take a while. Wonder how this might affect his relationship with teammates. I understand business is business... But this kinda blows
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

AD's agent is the same guy who reps Joey Bosa of the Chargers. Dude was a rookie and held out til end of August last year.

This might take a while. Wonder how this might affect his relationship with teammates. I understand business is business... But this kinda blows

The players understand this. He's crazy-underpaid and this is what guys sometimes do. If the Rams don't budge, he could just report in Week 10 and gain a service time year, since he's under contract for so little. Meaning, he isn't forfeiting a ton of what his actual value is, if he forfeits what amounts to something like 60-65% of his salary from this year. Then next year, he cashes in (even if it's just on a franchise tag). Basically, he doesn't want to risk injuring himself over 16 games, and he can just report later in the year and still accrue the season of service time.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Rams offense looks much better now.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Goff looked prettty damn good.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject:

They took off the parking brake.....this team actually looks watchable now. New receiving threats, new coaching staff with a change of attitude, and a bigger improved Goff at the helm.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
They took off the parking brake.....this team actually looks watchable now. New receiving threats, new coaching staff with a change of attitude, and a bigger improved Goff at the helm.

Still would've liked them to keep Britt to pair with Watkins. On a few missed throws to Watkins, Goff was on point but had Watkins been a few inches taller, those would've been catches for TD's and not incompletes.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Still would've liked them to keep Britt to pair with Watkins. On a few missed throws to Watkins, Goff was on point but had Watkins been a few inches taller, those would've been catches for TD's and not incompletes.

The miss to Watkins over the shoulder should have been called a P.I. , pass was on the money, hit him in his one armed bread basket.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 42 of 72
Jump to: