THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 502, 503, 504 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject:

cisternachyli wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
cisternachyli wrote:
Wilt wrote:
CNN fired Jeffrey Lord, the most prominent Trump apologist on the network, after he tweeted "Sieg Heil!" to some liberal activist.

Jeffrey Lord was always a piece of (bleep). If I saw that dude on the street, I'd probably knee him in the balls.

I don't understand why people hate media trolls like Lord. I'd be mad at CNN, they pay him to be a Trump troll knowing he gets clicks/ratings. He's the political version of a Stephen A. Smith or Skip Bayless. The correct response is don't watch, unfortunately America loves and responds to trolls (and now we have a troll for President).

Honestly props to anyone who can make a living as a professional troll. Bravo. Lord is a clown whose goal is to piss people off, and he is wildly successful. Again, bravo.

I get that he's a troll, but he's also a (bleep) that deserves a beating.

Another analogy, this is like a person walking their dog, and the dog takes a dump in the middle of the sidewalk and the owner doesn't pick it up. Do you beat the dog for (bleep) or the owner for not picking it up?

CNN feeds their dogs laxatives and leave it all over the place.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
cisternachyli wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
cisternachyli wrote:
Wilt wrote:
CNN fired Jeffrey Lord, the most prominent Trump apologist on the network, after he tweeted "Sieg Heil!" to some liberal activist.

Jeffrey Lord was always a piece of (bleep). If I saw that dude on the street, I'd probably knee him in the balls.

I don't understand why people hate media trolls like Lord. I'd be mad at CNN, they pay him to be a Trump troll knowing he gets clicks/ratings. He's the political version of a Stephen A. Smith or Skip Bayless. The correct response is don't watch, unfortunately America loves and responds to trolls (and now we have a troll for President).

Honestly props to anyone who can make a living as a professional troll. Bravo. Lord is a clown whose goal is to piss people off, and he is wildly successful. Again, bravo.

I get that he's a troll, but he's also a (bleep) that deserves a beating.

Another analogy, this is like a person walking their dog, and the dog takes a dump in the middle of the sidewalk and the owner doesn't pick it up. Do you beat the dog for (bleep) or the owner for not picking it up?

CNN feeds their dogs laxatives and leave it all over the place.

But if that same dog also bit your neighbors child, you'd probably want to beat the dog as well.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
It seems to me that CNN is looking more and more like MSNBC, or vice-versa (minus the panels). That doesn't mean that CNN is becoming more liberal, but its just got to the point that Trump is indefensible. It's completely disingenuous to pundits who defend him. CNN tries to bring these people on still (where as MSNBC gave up some time ago), but every person who does so (like Lord) looks like a buffoon. There has been a slow attrition of Republican media figures without credible replacements, probably because I'm not sure one can be a Trump defender while being credible. I really think CNN wants to offer that balance, but its truly becoming more and more impossible by the day.

Thats not it. i wish it were. To know what CNN is doing you have to remember when they were taking L after L after L in the ratings game before trump was even a candidate.

It was FOX with a nice lead over MSNBC and CNN way wayyyyy behind MSNBC. during the obama years. But right towards the end right when trump started here comes CNN trying to get a smidget conservative. Before they were slightly left of center. while we know msnbc is far left and fox is far right. CNN basically did what they thought they had to do to get that boost in ratings. Go where the ratings are. and that was with the far right extreme side. no they could not go fox far. but they did become right of center with some of their hosts and how they started to put their shows together. Now since Fox has slipped and MSNBC takes the lead. all because of what? All dems/liberals and now independents. are seeing the light if they didnt already and realize how bad trump really is. CNN's ownership or top brass could care less. They are just going with the flow. the flow is now back to the left. or the ratings are back to the left so they will chase the left.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
It seems to me that CNN is looking more and more like MSNBC, or vice-versa (minus the panels). That doesn't mean that CNN is becoming more liberal, but its just got to the point that Trump is indefensible. It's completely disingenuous to pundits who defend him. CNN tries to bring these people on still (where as MSNBC gave up some time ago), but every person who does so (like Lord) looks like a buffoon. There has been a slow attrition of Republican media figures without credible replacements, probably because I'm not sure one can be a Trump defender while being credible. I really think CNN wants to offer that balance, but its truly becoming more and more impossible by the day.

Not only CNN and MSNBC media on the whole don't display Trump in good posture. His photos are usually unflattering. e.g. LINK LINK
LINK I'm definitely not a Trump supporter but fair is fair.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject:

You're definitely a Trump supporter? I'm confused.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

Typo. I did a edit. Good catch.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:

I'm very glad.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:

I'm very glad.

I'm of the older generation, not a member of the senile faction.

Trump is really causing me much angst. I keep wondering when something or someone will derail this disastrous runaway locomotive.

He's really out of control.

lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Not only CNN and MSNBC media on the whole don't display Trump in good posture. His photos are usually unflattering. e.g. LINK LINK
LINK I'm definitely not a Trump supporter but fair is fair.

Jo, those pics aren't deliberately unflattering. That's what he actually looks like.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Told Eddie Baza Calvo he'd be famous after all this calms down. Tourism will accelerate. Trump really has no idea of the gravity of the situation.

President Trump calls governor of Guam to offer reassurances of safety amid North Korea threats

LINK

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Told Eddie Baza Calvo he'd be famous after all this calms down. Tourism will accelerate. Trump really has no idea of the gravity of the situation.

President Trump calls governor of Guam to offer reassurances of safety amid North Korea threats

LINK

Then Trump needs to golf at Guam instead of his properties
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject: White Nationalists March on the University of Virginia

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/12/us/charlottesville-white-nationalists-rally/index.html

they were holding tiki torches

they complain that Robert E. Lee, leader of an enemy army, has been "defamed"
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

What I've seen of Guam doesn't lead me to believe it'll ever be a tourist attraction.

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

What I've seen of Guam doesn't lead me to believe it'll ever be a tourist attraction.

I meant put his money where his mouth is. If he thinks this Kim Jung Un/Trump nuclear war threats are BS then go stay in Guam
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

It's known as both a naval base, and for having decent golf courses.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

It's known as both a naval base, and for having decent golf courses.

I'm familiar with the naval base and what's in close proximity. The golf courses I can't speak on.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

I meant put his money where his mouth is. If he thinks this Kim Jung Un/Trump nuclear war threats are BS then go stay in Guam

Oh, gotcha! If you like abodes with no electricity and spiders in the relief facilities, have at it.

I don't think Jong-un will use nuclear weapons. I also don't think he'll stop trying to develop them.

My belief is he thinks they're a deterrent. He thinks they give him a power base to negotiate from.

Right now it looks like saber rattling. My angst is the bearers of the sabers are juveniles. I dare you to knock this chip off of my shoulder.

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject:

Remember watching an episode of John Oliver about US territories.

10% of Guam's adults serve in US military, higher percentage than any other 'groups' even while they don't get US citizenship
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject:

Richard Painter blames Trump. He says Trump allowed the alt right to invade the party. Wants him to clean up his staff.

Trump has yet to comment on the violence. Maybe he's still on the back nine!

LINK

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject:

Polo shirts, khaki's and tiki torches.

The banality of evil indeed.

!...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject:

We have a administration that communicates via twitter. Donald Trump --- Melania Trump --- Paul Ryan have weighed in on twitter.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:07 am; edited 2 times in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject:

Trump TOS violation

It'd be pretty epic to see the meltdown if Trumpster Fire got Twitter tossed due the Twitter TOS.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject:

What's happening in #Charlottesville is a direct extension of Trump's persona and policies. These people are a cancer on our nation, and that includes Trump and his White Supremacist staff, Bannon, Gorka and Miller (and Sessions who implements the white racist policies).
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject:

If you poke people enough, you get a reaction. We'll probably see more of this.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject:

Well it is a sign of the times to use Twitter.

That being said its Virginia I'm not that surprised.

My parents immigrated to this country in the 70s and lived in Virginia first. They always found it strange how many black people lived there when it was a rather racist place.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 502, 503, 504 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 503 of 3671
Jump to: