OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Kuz will be insurance at the PF spot along with Nance, if the Lakers have to part with Jules.

Yes I think Kuz and Nance will be 2 very big pieces in a 8/9 man rotation. This with bringing in 2 of the 4 big fish you have mentioned in your sig Yinoma.... Bringing in only 1, means Kuz IMO will start, and real soon, he looks like the real deal right on the cusp of exploding on the scene.....
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject:

hmm, wonder how many babies would be named Kuzma in LA next year (it's a cool name)
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
I think we liked Kuzma enough that in the end if we don't get our max players, we will be happy we drafted Kuzma. I think there is still that residual feeling from some about how we prematurely traded Russell, and Kuzma was a product of that trade, they want to poo-poo Kuzma, as a DLO protest.

I know how this all looks in the summer league, it proves very little. But guys who can actually hit shots, not just lay-up drills in scrimmage games, means something. We need a stretch 4, and

Kuzma IS that guy.

FIXED
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Kuz will be insurance at the PF spot along with Nance, if the Lakers have to part with Jules.

Yes I think Kuz and Nance will be 2 very big pieces in a 8/9 man rotation. This with bringing in 2 of the 4 big fish you have mentioned in your sig Yinoma.... Bringing in only 1, means Kuz IMO will start, and real soon, he looks like the real deal right on the cusp of exploding on the scene.....

We can only hope it's a 9 man rotation. But there's a chance you'll see an eleven man rotation with no one playing over 24 minutes. I hope Luke doesn't get carried away again on focusing on the bench squad and coaching/strategizing around it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

We can only hope it's a 9 man rotation. But there's a chance you'll see an eleven man rotation with no one playing over 24 minutes. I hope Luke doesn't get carried away again on focusing on the bench squad and coaching/strategizing around it.

That was my biggest issue with Luke. He would have these hockey rotations.

When we were beset with injuries, we had guys who rarely played with each other in intermingled lineups. Ugh.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

When we were beset with injuries, we had guys who rarely played with each other in intermingled lineups. Ugh.

Yep. I thought injuries was his chance to be normal like the rest of the league and just go with your top 8 or 9. But he just slotted in guys who never play to preserve a two squad theme.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Kyle Kuzma’s NBA 2K18 rating and player model revealed

The Kuz is loose.

Quote:
kuz ✔ @kylekuzma
My #NBA2K rating out! I'm ready to get on the sticks!!! Thanks bros! @Ronnie2K @LD2K
12:53 PM - Aug 11, 2017

72; agree/disagree ???
(John Collins 73)

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/8/11/16135776/la-lakers-news-kyle-kuzma-nba-2k18-rating-player-model
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Kyle Kuzma’s NBA 2K18 rating and player model revealed

The Kuz is loose.

Quote:
kuz ✔ @kylekuzma
My #NBA2K rating out! I'm ready to get on the sticks!!! Thanks bros! @Ronnie2K @LD2K
12:53 PM - Aug 11, 2017

72; agree/disagree ???
(John Collins 73)

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/8/11/16135776/la-lakers-news-kyle-kuzma-nba-2k18-rating-player-model

Neither has played in a regular season game yet.
So I dont mind it at this time.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I hear you. To argue the other side of it though, one of the things that is especially difficult for young players is understanding how to play as a unit. As you get more experience you get quicker at adjusting roles depending on who you're paired with. Maybe Luke was trying to simplify the calculus of it all for the young guys by maintaining pretty fixed units. If you don't get hammered by injury that lets you get familiar before mixing it up a bit more while continuing to play team ball. Just a theory.

I think Lonzo remedies that a lot because his presence gets guys playing a pass happy brand of basketball which makes it easier to play with anyone in a unit.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Kuz is gonna struggle a lot as a rookie, on both ends.

...just putting that out there
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Kuz is gonna struggle a lot as a rookie, on both ends.

How DARE you snooze on the kooz.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:09 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:

Nobody really knows, but he had a better summer league than any other pick from past few seasons including 3 high lottery picks.

First Summer League Performance
Randle: good, not great
Clarkson: promising flashes here and there
Russell: unable to discuss, you can look at his advanced stats
Nance: role player impact
Ingram: unremarkable
Zubac: solid, nothing spectacular

I believe pre season is going to give a clearer vision about what we can expect from our rookies, but looking at his summer league stats, both raw numbers and advanced stats, I'm expecting some good moments from him.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:10 am    Post subject:

Kuzma looks to have a lot more offensive talent than Nance.

I expect that he will struggle on defense.

His 3 point shooting is the real deal. 10 games in College + Summer league He has been lights out.

I doubt the Lakers expected him to be available when the made the Russell Trade.

Russell trade made to get rid of Moz + they didn't like Russell fit on the team

We were lucky on Russell trade Kuzma makes this trade a good one for us

Kuzman is a rookie but he makes Nance expendable by trade deadline unless the decide that Randle is not a long term answer then they will trade him.

Expect some struggles but kid is really well rounded and just scratching his potential. Will be in rotation.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
Kuzma looks to have a lot more offensive talent than Nance.

I expect that he will struggle on defense.

His 3 point shooting is the real deal. 10 games in College + Summer league He has been lights out.

I doubt the Lakers expected him to be available when the made the Russell Trade.

Russell trade made to get rid of Moz + they didn't like Russell fit on the team

We were lucky on Russell trade Kuzma makes this trade a good one for us

Kuzman is a rookie but he makes Nance expendable by trade deadline unless the decide that Randle is not a long term answer then they will trade him.

Expect some struggles but kid is really well rounded and just scratching his potential. Will be in rotation.

Agreed for the most part. IMO Kuz is going to develop into a very good NBA player.

2001 you have been here for a while "old laker fan"
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject:

Here is another Kuz prop, he was listed in the top ten potential ROY candidates.

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/10-candidates-nba-rookie-of-year-2018/385856

Really I can't see him getting enough playing time to actually win it, but based on his Summer games play, it is great to see him mentioned...

Last edited by unleasHell on Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Here is another Kuz prop, he was listed in the top ten potential MVP candidates.

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/10-candidates-nba-rookie-of-year-2018/385856

Really I can't see him getting enough playing time to actually win it, but based on his Summer games play, it is great to see him mentioned...

It's a real longshot, but if Randle gets traded (not outside the realm of possibility with Pelinka's quest for 2 max slots) that opens the minutes. He could be the best shooter on the team.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject:

Love Kuz but ain't no way two Laker rookies are anywhere close to MVP....let's set the bar for ROY instead!
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Love Kuz but ain't no way two Laker rookies are anywhere close to MVP....let's set the bar for ROY instead!

The article says ROY. I think Unleashed typoed. I was referring to ROY.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
tox wrote:

How DARE you snooze on the kooz.

I dunno, I think he'll struggle on defense as rookies do. Offensively I'm expecting him to be kind of inefficient especially as his 3FG% falls back down to Earth.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject:

He's going to struggle with strength a little at the PF defensively. SF he will probably be alright. Battled Tatum well. Good with his feet. He's got a lot more polish as an older rookie.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
He's going to struggle with strength a little at the PF defensively. SF he will probably be alright. Battled Tatum well. Good with his feet. He's got a lot more polish as an older rookie.

I'm not worried too much about his man defense, but I put an outsized significance to the effects of miscommunications on PnR etc. where IIRC he (naturally) struggled (as opposed to a guy like Nance who showed great feel on that end from day one in summer league).
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:

The article says ROY. I think Unleashed typoed. I was referring to ROY.

you guys are right I mmessd up, but fixed it

thanks
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Kuz does make someone expendable, Nance is not as talented, but his second round deal makes him more affordable than Randle. I think Magic is far higher on Randle than he was Russell. So if he can save Randle he will, but not at the expense of the 2max plan.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:58 am    Post subject:

2K was tripping

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXs_5r0hYfz/
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:22 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
2K was tripping

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXs_5r0hYfz/

Ratings change over the course of the season. Ingram will end up being in the mid-high 80s when it's all said and done, same with Lonzo, and Kuzma probably at around 77-78 as well.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 73 of 880
Jump to: