OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 563, 564, 565 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Love that attitude.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo weighs in on the poster using pic https://twitter.com/zo2_/status/896185060122144768
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LD2K/status/896188852951330816/photo/1

Ld2k, u the man!
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
https://twitter.com/B_Ingram13/status/896125807151595520

Quote:
Brandon X. Ingram‏Verified account @B_Ingram13 2m2 minutes ago

Brandon X. Ingram Retweeted John Collins

Cuz that will never happen 🙅🏽‍♂️

NBA 2k tweeted John collins his player rating in a photo. The photo had him posterizing Ingram. Ingram ain't happy about it.

I like the chippyness brandon!

RIP John Collins. BI gonna kill this kid every time they're matched up lol.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:48 am    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
I'm hoping for 12-15 PPG, 7-8 RPG, 2-3 APG from him this year.

Magic said he expects him to be our leading scorer. His points need to be 18-22 or we are in big trouble.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:57 am    Post subject:

Any word on if Ingram grew another any more in the last year. I seem to remember him saying that he Doctors expected he may not be finished growing.

I would seem reasonable since he is so young that he could grow another inch or 2.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:59 am    Post subject:

Magic says a lot of things. Ingram averaged 9.4 points per game in his rookie year. Kind of crazy to expect him to drop 18-22 points per game in his 2nd year.

Lopez will be the team leading scorer imo and hopefully Ingram can average 14-15 ppg. Wich would already be very impressive.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:24 am    Post subject:

Vin wrote:
Magic says a lot of things. Ingram averaged 9.4 points per game in his rookie year. Kind of crazy to expect him to drop 18-22 points per game in his 2nd year.

Lopez will be the team leading scorer imo and hopefully Ingram can average 14-15 ppg. Wich would already be very impressive.

We can't talk about Ingram rookie season as a whole because his 2016 was a major struggle while his pts/36 in 2017 kept going up every single month of the season finishing on the highest note in april under minutes restriction, but with his best PER and PTS/36 of the season.

Ingram finished the season with a great sequence of almost 20 double digits games failing to score in double digits just once when he finished with 9 pts after playing just one half of the game in short spurts.

His body is maturing and his summer league one game display was enough to see he is not the same kid from 2016.

I don't expect Ingram to average 20 pts per game for the whole season, but I expect him to be this player at the end of next season.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:

Magic said he expects him to be our leading scorer. His points need to be 18-22 or we are in big trouble.

Lopez will likely be our leading scorer.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
oldlakerfan wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:

Lopez will likely be our leading scorer.

Agreed.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Raijin wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
On one of the morning sports talk show, they compared BI as a 6'9'' Eddie Jones

How in the world. To me, that's two different universes of players.

Body type is the extent of their evaluative skills

thats a stretch.... but I can see where they are coming from.

Eddie Jones was skin and bones. long for his height, athletic enough, could score off the dribble, could drop 20 to 30 points on any given night, could run virtual point guard if need be, and was a great perimeter defender. but he had problems with bigger stronger guys if they took him down low on the block it was over for him.

So yes BI is pretty much a 6'9 super long version of EJ's game. I dont see BI being some prolific scorer. neither was EJ. but every now and then he would go off and put up the numbers. I think BI will do that during his career as well. The one thing he might have in his favor is that no one posts up on the block like that or backs people down. so BI may never have to face his JR Rider(anyone who knows what I'm talking about remembers that nightmares JR use to give EJ.)

I'm just going to disagree. Eddie wasn't much more than a straight line slasher and a 3pt. shooter. Isolation skills didn't really develop at all until WAY later in Charlotte, and even then, he relied on his jumpshot to set up his slash game. Eddie always had a defensive motor, natural team defensive IQ, was always a steals leader, and even blocked MJ's fadeaways on a few occasions. The motor always ran fairly high, especially on that end.

Despite the age gap, I think BI is a more natural playmaker, already a far better Isolation player, but sub-average shooter compared to EJ. EJ was basically the "elite 3 and D" guy because of his supreme athletic ability. Good first step + massive long strides + long jumper athleticism = posters at the rim.

I don't think BI has EJ's first step, and even BI's handle is already progressing to be more advanced right now than EJ in his career.

Ingram can still be so much more productive on both ends of the floor, especially given his length and athleticism. It's just not all sorted yet.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Raijin wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
On one of the morning sports talk show, they compared BI as a 6'9'' Eddie Jones

How in the world. To me, that's two different universes of players.

Body type is the extent of their evaluative skills

thats a stretch.... but I can see where they are coming from.

Eddie Jones was skin and bones. long for his height, athletic enough, could score off the dribble, could drop 20 to 30 points on any given night, could run virtual point guard if need be, and was a great perimeter defender. but he had problems with bigger stronger guys if they took him down low on the block it was over for him.

So yes BI is pretty much a 6'9 super long version of EJ's game. I dont see BI being some prolific scorer. neither was EJ. but every now and then he would go off and put up the numbers. I think BI will do that during his career as well. The one thing he might have in his favor is that no one posts up on the block like that or backs people down. so BI may never have to face his JR Rider(anyone who knows what I'm talking about remembers that nightmares JR use to give EJ.)

I'm just going to disagree. Eddie wasn't much more than a straight line slasher and a 3pt. shooter. Isolation skills didn't really develop at all until WAY later in Charlotte, and even then, he relied on his jumpshot to set up his slash game. Eddie always had a defensive motor, natural team defensive IQ, was always a steals leader, and even blocked MJ's fadeaways on a few occasions. The motor always ran fairly high, especially on that end.

Despite the age gap, I think BI is a more natural playmaker, already a far better Isolation player, but sub-average shooter compared to EJ. EJ was basically the "elite 3 and D" guy because of his supreme athletic ability. Good first step + massive long strides + long jumper athleticism = posters at the rim.

I don't think BI has EJ's first step, and even BI's handle is already progressing to be more advanced right now than EJ in his career.

Ingram can still be so much more productive on both ends of the floor, especially given his length and athleticism. It's just not all sorted yet.

I was a huge EJ fan, but he was one of the most unclutch players I can think about. He was a pretty reliable 3pt shooter most of the season, but in close playoff games he was the anti Derek Fisher, what a young Kobe did against Utah was a rule about EJ, I believe Kobe shouldn't even be the guy taking shots like that with the kind of veterans our team had.

Kobe was fearless, EJ never had this Mamba mentality that I hope Ingram will be able to develop.

EJ defense was elite though, uber athletic and active, Ingram has a LOT to learn before we can call his name in the same sentence of EJ on that end of the floor.

I believe the kid is going to fix his shot. He doesn't look like a natural spot up shooter like Russell a player that had a natural stroke or Kuzma, another player that was looking like a great catch and shoot player in the making, but I believe he can be a good rhythm shooter, he squares up better when he is moving with the ball while he looks uncomfortably just catching and shooting, his release is so slow in those situations.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject:

^I have a theory about players that really go out of their way for 100% level of motor and energy on defense, overextend themselves and shooting plummets, especially if they can do more than just catch and shoot.

But this isn't about Mamba mentality or being unclutch. This is just a skills comparison to Ingram, period.

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Vin wrote:

We can't talk about Ingram rookie season as a whole because his 2016 was a major struggle while his pts/36 in 2017 kept going up every single month of the season finishing on the highest note in april under minutes restriction, but with his best PER and PTS/36 of the season.

Ingram finished the season with a great sequence of almost 20 double digits games failing to score in double digits just once when he finished with 9 pts after playing just one half of the game in short spurts.

His body is maturing and his summer league one game display was enough to see he is not the same kid from 2016.

I don't expect Ingram to average 20 pts per game for the whole season, but I expect him to be this player at the end of next season.

If you can talk about his second half, you can talk about his first half. If he came out guns blazing in the first half and cooled off in the second, I wouldn't disregard his first half.

The 9.4PPG essentially represents the average of the two. Whether he IS the second half player, or, whether the second half was simply a regression to the mean remains to be seen.

But I'm pretty hopeful. =)
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject:

Quote:

If you can talk about his second half, you can talk about his first half. If he came out guns blazing in the first half and cooled off in the second, I wouldn't disregard his first half.

The 9.4PPG essentially represents the average of the two. Whether he IS the second half player, or, whether the second half was simply a regression to the mean remains to be seen.

Just forget for a moment what he did in 2016. He was so skinny, shy and had to play PG and other roles.

This is 2017 Brandon Ingram:
Jan: 11.5 PTS/36, 9.0 PER, 3.2 FTA
Feb: 11.8 PTS/36, 8.4 PER, 2.7 FTA
Mar: 13.7 PTS/36, 10.7 PER, 2.9 FTA
Apr: 18.9 PTS/36, 15.7 PER, 3.4 FTA
SL: 29.6 PTS/36, 27.6 PER, 9.0 FTA

He finished the season scoring 18.9 PTS/36 in April with his best PER of the season. You have raw numbers and advanced stats raising together, no fluke here.

His one game summer league performance is compatible with his development in 2017.

I don't pay too much attention to the fact that he averaged less than 10 pts per game as a rookie, but how he kept improving and raising his numbers and efficiency.
RJ_LA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Quote:

Just forget for a moment what he did in 2016. He was so skinny, shy and had to play PG and other roles.

He finished the season scoring 18.9 PTS/36 in April with his best PER of the season. You have raw numbers and advanced stats raising together, no fluke here.

His one game summer league performance is compatible with his development in 2017.

I don't pay too much attention to the fact that he averaged less than 10 pts per game as a rookie, but how he kept improving and raising his numbers and efficiency.

Exactly, next season BI will avg 16ppg, possibly 18 if his 3s are going in.

I think he'll be in the running for most improved player. His mindset is there, the confidence, but really scary is there's a fire in his eyes that wasn't there last year. We saw a glimpse of that fire in SL.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Quote:

I think the average of his march/April splits is where he will be this year.
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
nash wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, I can't see Ingram's game regress to where it was at the beginning of last year.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject:

18-20ppg easily. You have to factor in the Lonzo effect. Easy buckets all day
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
nash wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, I can't see Ingram's game regress to where it was at the beginning of last year.

It can't, because he both has confidence in his pull up from mid, and can go off one leg in traffic now. Those two things held him back tremendously throughout most of the season.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Yeah, I can't see Ingram's game regress to where it was at the beginning of last year

That was the biggest thing I was looking for during Vegas. Didn't really see any regression, admittedly through one game.

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, I can't see Ingram's game regress to where it was at the beginning of last year

That was the biggest thing I was looking for during Vegas. Didn't really see any regression, admittedly through one game.

What do you see his stats for next year?
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Me too.

We know scoring 19 pts/36 is not the same as playing 36 minutes averaging 19 pts/g, but it is a good indicator that the player is just getting better, just not as much as the stat may show without the proper context, he was under minutes restriction in april.

I expect him to finish next season scoring around 20 with some consistency to keep his untouchable status.

A 20 pts average in his third season is more reasonable than expect it now.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Quote:

Me too.

We know scoring 19 pts/36 is not the same as playing 36 minutes averaging 19 pts/g, but it is a good indicator that the player is just getting better, just not as much as the stat may show without the proper context, he was under minutes restriction in april.

I expect him to finish next season scoring around 20 with some consistency to keep his untouchable status.

Will depend on his 3s and FTs. If he's getting them mostly on 2s it'll be a tougher road.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
nash wrote:
Quote:

Me too.

Will depend on his 3s and FTs. If he's getting them mostly on 2s it'll be a tougher road.

Lopez can help him a lot opening lanes and hopefully Nance, Kuzma and Randle too.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 563, 564, 565 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 564 of 1885
Jump to: