The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1064, 1065, 1066 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:40 am    Post subject:

Randle has talent that is off the charts.

He can more talent than Draymond Green.

He see the floor and is a good passer: That vision can't be taught but it can be improved upon. Lonzo has it, Draymond, Lebron really have it. Magic had it more than anyone. He has the vision he just needs the rest of his game to catch up.

Steve Nash had the vision and he took 5 years before the rest of his game caught up. He did not have Randle's talent.

Randle seems like a poor mans Lebron. Great court vision, great passers, go to the hoop like a bull, big man with speed and power. Lebron is a great defensive player and now is a great shooter. Randle game is much more immature in every way but he has huge talent and may grow into that poor mans Lebron.

Randle seems to finally understand what price he must pay if he wants to be great.

Having Russell gone who set a poor example will help Randle who is a great fit with Lonzo, BI, Lopez and KCP
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject:

Randle probably has until the trade deadline to prove he is a max player worth to be kept over players like LeBron, Westbrook and PG13.

If he vastly improves his defense to the point to have a positive impact and start scoring with at least average efficiency while Lopez proves himself a great fit alongside Randle I'd think about the possibility to keep him and Lopez signing just one max player.

Lots of ifs since last season most stats were showing Nance was our best PF and Kuzma had a summer league performance vastly superior from anything Julius, Nance and old Deng ever did for us.

What makes me believe Julius has a chance to be kept despite his atrocious defensive stats (bottom 10 among PF) and poor TS% is that there are not many players his size as strong and as fast as he is, able to rebound, handle the ball pushing the tempo in transition and make accurate passes.

Lots of unmatched qualities alongside glaring weakness and not much time to prove he is a keeper considering the two max players plan. 4th season under a NBA program, less than 40 games in as many seasons were enough for Embiid to show what he can do so the clock is on Julius now.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject:

Embiid was the first pick, such riveting analysis! Tell us why Randle needs to be a max player at 22. Embiid is not a max player at that age.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Embiid was the first pick, such riveting analysis! Tell us why Randle needs to be a max player at 22. Embiid is not a max player at that age.

He doesn't need to be a max player, but we have a plan to sign two max players and no money remaining after that to sign him because we need to renounce our rights to free his cap hold to sign two max free agents and then we don't have the luxury to sign him without using cap space.

He has to be a max player to stay with us, unless we find max players willing to take a pay cut, then we can possibly sign him or Lopez keeping the plan intact.

It doesn't matter how critic I was about he high lottery pick we sent away to free cap space to sign those two max free agents, I will not be mad if we can't sign two next offseason if we keep this flexibility going forward, but sending away a second pick to spend the money with players that aren't sure fire all stars would make me mad at Magic.

If we can unload Clarkson alongside Deng without taking any salary back, then I believe we can find a way to afford Julius here if he is not one of the max players, but you don't send away Russell to spend the cap space on Julius Randle when you could keep both.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject:

When's it gonna be clear to everyone that Randle's cap hold is 12.8M -_-
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Embiid was selected #3. Wiggins and Parker were selected before him.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject:

Randle's days are numbered. The game is evolving faster than he's developing. Good kid but you're never going to contend with a starting big who can't defend nor shoot.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Randle's days are numbered. The game is evolving faster than he's developing. Good kid but you're never going to contend with a starting big who can't defend nor shoot.
I guess that's why he's working on those weaknesses huh? And he brings a lot more to the table than that. Smh
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Word.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Quote:

He doesn't need to be a max player, but we have a plan to sign two max players and no money remaining after that to sign him because we need to renounce our rights to free his cap hold to sign two max free agents and then we don't have the luxury to sign him without using cap space.

He has to be a max player to stay with us, unless we find max players willing to take a pay cut, then we can possibly sign him or Lopez keeping the plan intact.

It doesn't matter how critic I was about he high lottery pick we sent away to free cap space to sign those two max free agents, I will not be mad if we can't sign two next offseason if we keep this flexibility going forward, but sending away a second pick to spend the money with players that aren't sure fire all stars would make me mad at Magic.

If we can unload Clarkson alongside Deng without taking any salary back, then I believe we can find a way to afford Julius here if he is not one of the max players, but you don't send away Russell to spend the cap space on Julius Randle when you could keep both.

Again, we don't need remaining cap to re-sign Randle. We don't need to renounce his rights in the FO's fantasy.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I would have taken him at 1, good thing I wasn't drafting.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Word.

Word.

Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Spotrac has his cap at only $5,564,134. If we can clear a little more cap we could sign some guys and use Randle's birdrights to sign him. But it's cutting it close.

Edit: B/R says Randle has a cap hold of $12.4 million as a restricted free agent next summer.

I don't know who is right?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject:

$12.4 is correct
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I would have taken him at 1, good thing I wasn't drafting.

He was the #1 prospect had he not had that injury
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
$12.4 is correct

True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
MJST wrote:

Spotrac has his cap at only $5,564,134. If we can clear a little more cap we could sign some guys and use Randle's birdrights to sign him. But it's cutting it close.

Edit: B/R says Randle has a cap hold of $12.4 million as a restricted free agent next summer.

I don't know who is right?

12.4 million is correct. With Randle's case, you take his 2017-2018 salary and times it by 300%. By doing that. it gets you 12.4 million
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject:

I hope his 3pt rate goes up to ~ 4 a game.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
nash wrote:
Quote:

Again, we don't need remaining cap to re-sign Randle. We don't need to renounce his rights in the FO's fantasy.

This is not the way I understand the rules, I believe Julius 12 million cap hold counts against the cap don't allowing us to sign two max players and the only ways to get hid of it is signing him for less reducing our available capspace, or renouncing our rights, in this case we can't go over the cap anymore after signing two max players.

That is the reason a player like Lopez can be kept signing a one year deal for peanuts and then re-signing the other season for max even if we don't have any cap space remaining, because we have his rights.

If it is not this way I appreciate further explanations about the rules.

If it is not this way I'd appreciate further explanations.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
nash wrote:
Quote:

This is not the way I understand the rules, I believe Julius 12 million cap hold counts against the cap don't allowing us to sign two max players and the only ways to get hid of it is signing him for less reducing our available capspace, or renouncing our rights, in this case we can't go over the cap anymore after signing two max players.

That is the reason a player like Lopez can be kept signing a one year deal for peanuts and then re-signing the other season for max even if we don't have any cap space remaining, because we have his rights.

We have Randle's rights too, and he has a much smaller cap hold than Lopez.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
nash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
nash wrote:
Quote:

Lopez's cap hold is $33 mil, he would have to sign for less immediately when FA begins. Trade Deng and JC along with picks or someone like Hart or Zubac and you have two 10 year max slots. Good luck signing two star 10 year players.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

I know, but will not his smaller cap hold prevent us to sign LeBron and PG13 too?

The way I understand it, we have to give a really small one year deal for either Randle or Lopez keeping the bird rights to pay them their market value next year after signing the two max players.

Last edited by nash on Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
MJST wrote:
nash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
nash wrote:
Quote:

Lopez's cap hold is $33 mil, he would have to sign for less immediately when FA begins. Trade Deng and JC along with picks or someone like Hart or Zubac and you have two 10 year max slots. Good luck signing two star 10 year players.

And if he puts up say, 25/7 next year. Why would he take less than 28-30M?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
MJST wrote:

I know, but his smaller cap hold will not prevent us to sign LeBron and PG13 too?

The way I understand it, we have to give a really small one year deal for either Randle or Lopez keeping the bird rights to pay them their market value next year after signing the two max players.

We could sign two max's simply by moving Clarkson and stretching Deng.

The 'ideal' situation would be to move Clarkson and Deng and not take salary back.

But if we moved Clarkson and stretched Deng as a last resort, we'd still have enough for two max's AND bringing back Randle.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
MJST wrote:
nash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
nash wrote:
Quote:

And if he puts up say, 25/7 next year. Why would he take less than 28-30M?

At over 30 with an injury history that would be hard to see happen.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1064, 1065, 1066 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1065 of 1536
Jump to: