News from the other side: Phoenix Suns Rebuild is Going Better than the Los Angeles Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakers are 1 of the up and comers in the NBA, they have a Christmas showdown with a rising team the Wolves while the Suns probably aren't even spoken in the same breathe of rising teams.

Lakers are very close to competing for titles, Suns are probably several years away.

Lol Whuuuuuut

So I guess your 1 of the few that don't think Ball is a transcendent and a generational talent.
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakers are 1 of the up and comers in the NBA, they have a Christmas showdown with a rising team the Wolves while the Suns probably aren't even spoken in the same breathe of rising teams.

Lakers are very close to competing for titles, Suns are probably several years away.

Lol Whuuuuuut

So I guess your 1 of the few that don't think Ball is a transcendent and a generational talent.

Add me to that list
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Raijin wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
What's wrong with Rajon Rondo?...

He was a Celtic.

Rick Fox was a Celtic player as well. Dude does not get enough credit around here.

So was Bill Sharman.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Raijin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Lol Whuuuuuut

Add me to that list

So what makes both of you think Ball is another Kendall Marshall?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Lol Whuuuuuut

Show me where I implied that.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Lol Whuuuuuut

Show me where I implied that.

Yeah, I figured you probably think highly of Ball but think it might take a little bit of time for him to adjust, I think even if Ball isn't scoring at a high clip his flow of how he moves the ball and gets guys involved will be a major impact for winning.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: News from the other side: Phoenix Suns Rebuild is Going Better than the Los Angeles Lakers

Laker7 wrote:
So I use Google news and I have a feed set up for news on the Lakers.

And this afternoon this article popped up about how wonderful the Suns are doing and about how Nance, Randle, Clarkson are all solid players but have maxed out their potential, how Ball is just a bad jump shot away from being the next Rajon Rondo and how the jury is still out on Ingram, Zubac, Kuzma, Bryant and Hart.

https://valleyofthesuns.com/2017/08/10/phoenix-suns-rebuild-going-better-los-angeles-lakers/

The article states that Booker, Bender, Chriss, Warren, Jackson, Bledsoe et all are so much more promising that what the Lakers have.

We rebuild from championships. They rebuild from what? The glory days of 50 wins? If you've never won a title, then you've never had to rebuild. I say they've been building since 1969.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject:

I like our position better.

It is not about the level of talent that departed, but now I can see coherence building the roster.

We selected our PG of the future and made sure we have players to run with him, help him on defense and maybe stretch the floor.

Booker is a prolific scorer, but I was adamant telling Russell was a better prospect than him. Booker is way too one dimensional and doesn't have any elite physical atribute to make him a dominant two way player.

While I like Josh Jackson, his lack of shooting is a major reason of concern.

Ball was summer league MVP, it doesn't matter if the competition is not comparable to what they will have to go after in NBA, the point is that there is ONE mvp and it is our player, we won the title, Kuzma was almost as good as Ball, maybe even more dependable and Ingram was a new player compared to his rookie performance.

Julius is in the best shape of his life, he has some unmatched physical advantages for someone his size as strong as he is. Can he reboot his brain like he did with his body developing his skills in the process? We are going to find out this season.

Nance and Hart are also two players that I predict are going to be long time contributors and a summer league bellow any reasonable expectations doesn't means Zubac isn't going to develop, he finished the season strong and it was clear he was avoiding jumping into traffic, maybe something to do with his injury late in the season.

I like our chances better than Phoenix for sure.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: News from the other side: Phoenix Suns Rebuild is Going Better than the Los Angeles Lakers

Laker7 wrote:

And this afternoon this article popped up about how wonderful the Suns are doing and about how Nance, Randle, Clarkson are all solid players but have maxed out their potential, how Ball is just a bad jump shot away from being the next Rajon Rondo and how the jury is still out on Ingram, Zubac, Kuzma, Bryant and Hart.

https://valleyofthesuns.com/2017/08/10/phoenix-suns-rebuild-going-better-los-angeles-lakers/

The article states that Booker, Bender, Chriss, Warren, Jackson, Bledsoe et all are so much more promising that what the Lakers have.

To the writer
06 and 07 were a long time ago. Please delete from your DVR
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Raijin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Lol Whuuuuuut

Add me to that list

Come on IG, really?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Raijin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Lol Whuuuuuut

Add me to that list

Well obviously they do. I mean, because, you can only be either transcedent and a generational talent, or, Kendall Marshall.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject:

I'm also not prepared to say Ball will be transcendent or generational in talent.

He hasn't played a game yet.

I think when people say "think" they often mean hope.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
Laker7 wrote:

To the writer
06 and 07 were a long time ago. Please delete from your DVR

Why? I want all of the Suns' fans to vividly remember how a team with Kobe and a starting lineup including Kwame and Smush came THAT close to upending their supposedly title-contending team in the first round.

As far as the actual topic - no reason to diss the Suns to build ourselves up. Both teams have a crop of good young talent. Both teams have at least one albatross sucking up cap space. I do favor the Lakers to end up in a more competitive place within the next 2 or 3 seasons. But, that's not because I root for them. It's because I don't have any expectations of Phoenix's leadership to make good decisions or spend the money required to become relevant. Booker plays zero defense (maybe less) and Jackson will theoretically be their only significant defender once Chandler retires or fades out of the starting lineup. Unless they make big changes to their personnel, I expect them to become an above average scoring team that can't stop any opponents.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

One of the few?

Okay, I'll cut you some slack. It's mid-August. This is the time of year when nothing is happening and people start getting a little wrapped up with this stuff. Gary Payton destroyed us by refusing to report to Boston, which deprived us of Marcus Banks, the Doberman on defense. [Insert name of Summer League player] is going to be an all-star. Jordan Clarkson is untradeable.

I hope Ball turns out to be a star. I was a skeptic at the beginning of the Summer League, but I'm a believer now. But come on, man.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

One of the few?

Okay, I'll cut you some slack. It's mid-August. This is the time of year when nothing is happening and people start getting a little wrapped up with this stuff. Gary Payton destroyed us by refusing to report to Boston, which deprived us of Marcus Banks, the Doberman on defense. [Insert name of Summer League player] is going to be an all-star. Jordan Clarkson is untradeable.

I hope Ball turns out to be a star. I was a skeptic at the beginning of the Summer League, but I'm a believer now. But come on, man.

So we both believe that he's a great talent
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yes, he has enormous potential. If he has the drive and desire to reach that potential, and if he doesn't have bad luck with injuries and the like, he is going to be something really special.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yes, he has enormous potential. If he has the drive and desire to reach that potential, and if he doesn't have bad luck with injuries and the like, he is going to be something really special.

Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject:

For the "better" rebuild, the only thing they have to show for it is Devin Booker.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Zzz.....
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Lol. Our rebuild will include 2 max players while the Suns will be lucky to get 3rd tier FAs

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:48 am    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Lol. Our rebuild will include 2 max players while the Suns will be lucky to get 3rd tier FAs

hey hey now, don't jinx it... the last 4 years of saving for max FA netted (won't say the names)

I think Suns is a good barometer for us to compare to. Wolves is ahead cause they got their all-star veteran and their young guys are closer to all-star then ours.
Speaking of Wolves, they can't keep Shabazz, we have any $ left?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

You don't think Suns fans dream as big as Laker fans?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

hey hey now, don't jinx it... the last 4 years of saving for max FA netted (won't say the names)

I think Suns is a good barometer for us to compare to. Wolves is ahead cause they got their all-star veteran and their young guys are closer to all-star then ours.
Speaking of Wolves, they can't keep Shabazz, we have any $ left?

They can keep Shabazz and we have the room exception left.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject:

IMO

Tier 1
1. Ball

Tier 2
2. Ingram
3. Booker

Tier 3
4. Jackson
5. Randle
6. Chriss
7. Bender

Tier 4
8. Kuzma
9. Nance

Tier 5
10. Warren
11. Bryant
12. Ulis
13. Hart
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
IMO

Tier 1
1. Ball

Tier 2
2. Ingram
3. Booker

Tier 3
4. Jackson
5. Randle
6. Chriss
7. Bender

Tier 4
8. Kuzma
9. Nance

Tier 5
10. Warren
11. Bryant
12. Ulis
13. Hart

Right now, feels a slight bit biased. Booker is right there behind Lonzo and JJ is there with Ingram. Also, Chriss and Randle.. think I'd go with Chris for his ability to shoot.

I'd go:

Ball
Booker
Ingram
Jackson
Chris
Randle
Bender

and so on
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: