OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 564, 565, 566 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, I can't see Ingram's game regress to where it was at the beginning of last year

That was the biggest thing I was looking for during Vegas. Didn't really see any regression, admittedly through one game.

What do you see his stats for next year?

14 6 2
42/32/68

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, I can't see Ingram's game regress to where it was at the beginning of last year

That was the biggest thing I was looking for during Vegas. Didn't really see any regression, admittedly through one game.

14 6 2
42/32/68

Atrocious
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Raijin wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

14 6 2
42/32/68

Atrocious

I think people expecting Kobe-like progress from rookie year to 2nd year outside of just adding playing time are totally unrealistic.

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Raijin wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

14 6 2
42/32/68

Atrocious

I think people expecting Kobe-like progress from rookie year to 2nd year outside of just adding playing time are totally unrealistic.

Exactly. I would welcome a dramatic change from Ingram, but I'm not counting on it. I expect Ju to take the big jump this year and Brandon next year
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject:

I'm gonna guess 18 ppg. And impressive assist and steal numbers too.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Raijin wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

14 6 2
42/32/68

Atrocious

I'd argue 42% FG% is pretty low for Ingram though. Post-ASB he shot 47.5%... his overall TS% might not be great due to FTs/3s (although his FT stroke looks better and 68% seems low?).

14/6/2 seems reasonable to me, but I'd guess something like 46/32/75 splits?
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Ingram
17 4 3
45% 34% 75%

Ball
15 9 5
40% 35% 75%

These are my goals for both guys

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Raijin wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

14 6 2
42/32/68

Atrocious

I'd argue 42% FG% is pretty low for Ingram though. Post-ASB he shot 47.5%... his overall TS% might not be great due to FTs/3s (although his FT stroke looks better and 68% seems low?).

The reason behind the low FG% is because, we didn't get to see a great sample of his perimeter shooting, and I expect his Iso frequency to go up quite a bit. I think defenses will pay more attention to him as the season goes on as well.

6% FT increase is pretty reasonable in comparison to other guys learning to shoot.

I don't think he'll be playing as much of a tertiary option on offense like he did last season, so really, any considerable improvement across the board, along with increased offensive responsibility is a big deal.

PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
tox wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Raijin wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

14 6 2
42/32/68

Atrocious

The reason behind the low FG% is because, we didn't get to see a great sample of his perimeter shooting, and I expect his Iso frequency to go up quite a bit. I think defenses will pay more attention to him as the season goes on as well.

6% FT increase is pretty reasonable in comparison to other guys learning to shoot.

I don't think he'll be playing as much of a tertiary option on offense like he did last season, so really, any considerable improvement across the board, along with increased offensive responsibility is a big deal.

Gotta account for lonzo's impact on everyone's game as well. I'd probably have him around 14-15 ppg without Lonzo as well, but with Lonzo and without Dlo, Ingram is now our number 1 perimeter scoring threat.

I have him around 18-20 ppg at around 45/35/?

Lonzo is gonna get him a few easy ones a game (maybe more) and kinda pad his #s and fg % a little
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
tox wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Raijin wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

14 6 2
42/32/68

Atrocious

That's fair. His FG% increase post-ASB did come with teams not taking the Lakers seriously. Still, I don't know, it seemed awfully replicable to me. FT% you may have a point about -- maybe I'm too optimistic there. I'm still going to hold out for >70% though.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Gotta account for lonzo's impact on everyone's game as well. I'd probably have him around 14-15 ppg without Lonzo as well, but with Lonzo and without Dlo, Ingram is now our number 1 perimeter scoring threat.

Lonzo is gonna get him a few easy ones a game (maybe more) and kinda pad his #s and fg % a little

It's difficult to measure Lonzo's impact. It's odd to say, but Ingram and Lonzo have contrasting games right now. Ingram isn't as easy a catch and shoot player as Matt Thomas, Vander Blue, Kyle Kuzma, and others. The guys that succeeded the best with Lonzo, were. Ingram isn't the most prolific off-ball guy either, and Nwaba easily made the best of his off-ball abilities before being moved onto the Bulls.

It's also about the loss of Nick Young (odd to say). Nick was the #1 option on offense and DAR made sure he got his high percentage looks. Felt like Nick couldn't miss. Now, Nick is gone, DAR is gone, and there's the relative unpredictability of Zo's 3point ability. I think all of that crowds Ingram's ability in the halfcourt.

I don't expect Ingram to rim-run like I do JC, Kuzma, Randle, and others.

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

It's difficult to measure Lonzo's impact. It's odd to say, but Ingram and Lonzo have contrasting games right now. Ingram isn't as easy a catch and shoot player as Matt Thomas, Vander Blue, Kyle Kuzma, and others. The guys that succeeded the best with Lonzo, were. Ingram isn't the most prolific off-ball guy either, and Nwaba easily made the best of his off-ball abilities before being moved onto the Bulls.

It's also about the loss of Nick Young (odd to say). Nick was the #1 option on offense and DAR made sure he got his high percentage looks. Felt like Nick couldn't miss. Now, Nick is gone, DAR is gone, and there's the relative unpredictability of Zo's 3point ability. I think all of that crowds Ingram's ability in the halfcourt.

Honestly this is why the Lakers pulling Ingram out of SPL was a blessing in disguise for Zo. It allowed the team to play his pace/style no questions asked.

Ingram looked much improved in the iso aspect in that one game. But I would agree their styles contrast a bit at the moment. I think as the year goes on though Ingram will get better being a finisher on Lonzo's playmaking and will do a bit of playmaking himself
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Zo and Ingram's first play was an easy alley oop. I think Ingram's ISO play in Summer League was what he was asked to do, show that he can be that kind scorer. As the team gels, play will be more fluid, the ball will move, and Ingram will fit in just fine. And he will be one of the only players on the team who can finish like that when they need it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Ingram seems to me a triple threat elbow/ISO kind of guy ala Kobe/melo/Droz. Not sure the 3 point shooting is his comfortable spot just yet. I think his instinct is to attack off the dribble. Should be interesting to see how he operates with Lonzo.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Ingram seems to me a triple threat elbow/ISO kind of guy ala Kobe/melo/Droz. Not sure the 3 point shooting is his comfortable spot just yet. I think his instinct is to attack off the dribble. Should be interesting to see how he operates with Lonzo.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

Honestly this is why the Lakers pulling Ingram out of SPL was a blessing in disguise for Zo. It allowed the team to play his pace/style no questions asked.

Ingram looked much improved in the iso aspect in that one game. But I would agree their styles contrast a bit at the moment. I think as the year goes on though Ingram will get better being a finisher on Lonzo's playmaking and will do a bit of playmaking himself

Where Ingram can have the most impact is the same spot that Hart did for a game or so, and definitely the same spot for Vander Blue. It's at that diagonal hit-ahead, or what I prefer to call, the advance pass. Teammate receives the ball roughly 30' away from the hoop with forward momentum. Defense is still retreating. This is the ideal spot for Ingram to get a change of direction from the start, take advantage of his long strides, and end up at the hoop.

Things would explode if he didn't even need to do that, but rather, could just pull up off-the-dribble for 3 without totally breaking form on forward momentum like Blue did the last several Vegas games.

It's going to be especially critical for players to learn to 1-2 step or hop into that 3pt. shots in semi transition.

silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject:

We won't know anything about anybody until we see a couple of preseason game against real NBA talent.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject:

BI is good to go...
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Raijin wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

14 6 2
42/32/68

Atrocious

Agreed. A lot of the kids here expect unrealistic stuff like that though.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
22 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

Where Ingram can have the most impact is the same spot that Hart did for a game or so, and definitely the same spot for Vander Blue. It's at that diagonal hit-ahead, or what I prefer to call, the advance pass. Teammate receives the ball roughly 30' away from the hoop with forward momentum. Defense is still retreating. This is the ideal spot for Ingram to get a change of direction from the start, take advantage of his long strides, and end up at the hoop.

Things would explode if he didn't even need to do that, but rather, could just pull up off-the-dribble for 3 without totally breaking form on forward momentum like Blue did the last several Vegas games.

It's going to be especially critical for players to learn to 1-2 step or hop into that 3pt. shots in semi transition.

YES!

Essentially any player that receives one of those advancing passes from Zo needs to be able to attack immediately
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
22 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

YES!

Essentially any player that receives one of those advancing passes from Zo needs to be able to attack immediately

KCP, Kuz and BI are locked and loaded.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject:

I think Nick Young was also top 5 in the league in spot up 3 point shooting. Anyone want to confirm?
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject:

Rob Pelinka interview on BI, Hart, Kuz

BI's expectations: 'He's going to be our end of the game playmaker.’

"because of BI's versatility, Luke will play him at the 1,2, & 3 and expect him to make big plays on both sides of the ball at those key times in the game

"BI has taken his work eithic and focus to another level this off season"

Pelinka also had good things to say about Kuz too
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject:

I don't want to sound overly optimistic but I can definitely see Ingram having a much bigger jump than we saw DLo from year 1 and year 2. I see Ingram with a pretty solid 17, 5, 4 on 45, 34, 70 percentages.

Luke gave BI a whole ton of minutes last year with a long leash. The front office has nothing but positive things to say about him. I can see him getting about 34 minutes a game. His added strength and experience in Luke's offense along with the Lonzo effect should help out his numbers as well. His shot looks a lot smoother and the form looks cleaner which I believe will really help his percentages and in turn help out his raw numbers.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
I don't want to sound overly optimistic but I can definitely see Ingram having a much bigger jump than we saw DLo from year 1 and year 2. I see Ingram with a pretty solid 17, 5, 4 on 45, 34, 70 percentages.

Luke gave BI a whole ton of minutes last year with a long leash. The front office has nothing but positive things to say about him. I can see him getting about 34 minutes a game. His added strength and experience in Luke's offense along with the Lonzo effect should help out his numbers as well. His shot looks a lot smoother and the form looks cleaner which I believe will really help his percentages and in turn help out his raw numbers.

It is tough to compare because the sample size of one game isn't a sample size and while my expectations for Ingram ara high, I think this is the season where he assert himself as a player of this league, it is still year 3 where I expect the big jump

Russell improvement from first to second summer league was huge, look at his PER from one year to another and your jaw may drop.

I just want from Ingram to keep working hard and steadily improving, the results wll show in the due time.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 564, 565, 566 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 565 of 1885
Jump to: