THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 508, 509, 510 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
David Duke endorsed Trump for president. Trump refused to disavow the endorsement and claimed to know nothing of White supremacists.

This was Duke's tweet to Trump today: "I would recommend you take a good look in the mirror & remember it was White Americans who put you in the presidency, not radical leftists."

He did...

“White supremacists aren’t patriots, they’re traitors,” McCain said.

"but they are voters"... man in the mirror
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Ted wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
From Jim Wright, a blogger and an admired veteran of the US Navy:

I keep trying to get to a point in this insanity where I can write a piece, but it's all going sideways

So, instead, some observations:

- (bleep) racist terrorists. This isn't free speech. You don't bring guns, clubs, torches, and shields to peaceful demonstration. This is terrorism. These people are terrorists. A car just plowed into a crowd of anti-racist protesters. I've watched the video. It was deliberate. It was attempted murder. This is terrorism and should be called such. So far as a I know, the terrorists have not been caught yet. (bleep) those cowards.

- (bleep) the Confederacy. Every symbol of the Confederacy, every monument, every flag, every statue, should be pulled down, uprooted, smashed into rubble, and burned. (bleep) Robert E. Lee, he was a traitor, pull down his statue, melt it down, recast it into urinals. Piss on the Confederacy.

- (bleep) Nazis. I don't want to hear any social justice warrior (bleep) about not confronting these racist (bleep) with violence if necessary. They get punched in the head, they take a lead pipe over the skull, well it just plain sucks to be a Nazi. I'm not going to sugar coat that for you. Nazis are Nazis, they deserve nothing but a boot in their yellow teeth and punch in the throat. They're getting off easy. Our grandfathers hunted Nazis down and EXTERMINATED them and it's to our everlasting shame that we let this cancer regrow in our midst. (bleep) Nazis.

- (bleep) Trump. Trump owns this. Republicans own this. This isn't the Alt-Right, this IS the right. These sons of (bleep) are literally shouting "Sieg Trump" in the streets of Charlottesville right now. (bleep) Trump.

These people are the vile residue, the foul distillation, of every failed hateful rotten-tooth inbred ideology in history. Don't let them hide. Don't make excuses for them. Get them out in the open. Make them own it. They have jobs -- some of them. They have parents and kids and neighbors. They have churches. The Constitution gives them a right to their hate, but not a right to be free of the consequences. Publish their pictures. Publish their license plates. Get them out in the open. Pull their hoods off. They're standing out there shouting hate, flying the flag of treason, their arms upraised in the Hitler salute. Make them own it. Make them infamous. Don't let them hide.

I generally agree with everything he said except the last point. Internet mob justice is pretty dangerous. Remember when the internet published the picture of an innocent kid and said he was the Boston Bomber?

Quote:
- (bleep) Trump. Trump owns this. Republicans own this. This isn't the Alt-Right, this IS the right. These sons of (bleep) are literally shouting "Sieg Trump" in the streets of Charlottesville right now. (bleep) Trump.

this is just false....I have been a Conservative Republican my entire life, and I envision I will die a Conservative Republican.....and in all that time, I have never came across an actual Conservative Republican that would support anything related to white supremacy or shout "Sieg Trump".

Oh please, give me a break. The modern day GOP is built on a foundation of dog whistle racism and white supremacy that was blasted across television for the past 16 + years on FOX news and conservative radio. The current white house has actual Nazi sympathizers and white supremacists who are in charge of making policy. You might be a conservative republican who is not racist, but don't act like the Republican party is not filled with these scumbags.

And for you to say that you've never come across a conservative republican who would not support white supremacy, well you're just not looking hard enough. They are everywhere.

beyond hyperbole....not wasting time with it

the unexamined political affiliation is not worth listening to

and I know you aren't dumb just maybe you turn a blind eye to your teams evils?
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject:

American does the sieg heil and gets blitzkrieged

https://apnews.com/7038efa32f324d8ea9fa2ff7eadf8f20/American-tourist-gives-Nazi-salute-in-Germany,-is-beaten-up
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
American does the sieg heil and gets blitzkrieged

https://apnews.com/7038efa32f324d8ea9fa2ff7eadf8f20/American-tourist-gives-Nazi-salute-in-Germany,-is-beaten-up

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40895776
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:

This was Duke's tweet to Trump today: "I would recommend you take a good look in the mirror & remember it was White Americans who put you in the presidency, not radical leftists."

As if no one one the Left is a White American.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:

this is just false....I have been a Conservative Republican my entire life, and I envision I will die a Conservative Republican.....and in all that time, I have never came across an actual Conservative Republican that would support anything related to white supremacy or shout "Sieg Trump".

Lol. Get out more. Not all conservative republicans are white supremacists, but the white supremacists are in your tent, and your party has been cultivating them for decades.

And have done nothing to distance themselves from White Supremacy over the last year and half of Trump's rise.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

its just not true Omar....those groups were founded under the Democratic Party, and once the Democratic party cleansed themselves of them, some have tried to find a home in the fringes of the GOP, but have never been welcome by conservatives.....there is nothing within the conservative platform that promotes white supremacy. If I thought it did, I would not support it.

This is one of the most out of touch, naive things I've ever seen written in this thread.

The term I would use is intellectually dishonest.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject:

I remember when being a Nazi was not ok.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:

its just not true Omar....those groups were founded under the Democratic Party, and once the Democratic party cleansed themselves of them, some have tried to find a home in the fringes of the GOP, but have never been welcome by conservatives.....there is nothing within the conservative platform that promotes white supremacy. If I thought it did, I would not support it.

This is one of the most out of touch, naive things I've ever seen written in this thread.

The term I would use is intellectually dishonest.

Evan McMullin discussed last night how there is essentially an understanding in the GOP that you don't condemn/acknowledge that racism or white supremacy groups exist or are a problem except in the most extreme circumstances. He stated, as a Republican, he's seen those in his party too often refuse to address racism and prejudice in this country because they don't want to lose votes.

This problem does not exist in the Democrat party. It's amazing how often Republican reps equivocate just like Trump did or respond with a "lets see what the facts bear out" in these situations when it is clear exactly what happened. Same approach exists with every mass shooting in this country. When it comes to the NRA or hate groups, Republicans tread very carefully because militias and racists are a part of their base.

Jake Tapper this morning has been making a similar point, i.e. that Trump doesn't want to alienate part of his base.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
I remember when being a Nazi was not ok.

"OK until I found out they smoked pot."
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I keep trying to get to a point in this insanity where I can write a piece, but it's all going sideways

- (bleep) racist terrorists. This isn't free speech. You don't bring guns, clubs, torches, and shields to peaceful demonstration. This is terrorism. These people are terrorists. A car just plowed into a crowd of anti-racist protesters. I've watched the video. It was deliberate. It was attempted murder. This is terrorism and should be called such. So far as a I know, the terrorists have not been caught yet. (bleep) those cowards.

- (bleep) the Confederacy. Every symbol of the Confederacy, every monument, every flag, every statue, should be pulled down, uprooted, smashed into rubble, and burned. (bleep) Robert E. Lee, he was a traitor, pull down his statue, melt it down, recast it into urinals. Piss on the Confederacy.

- (bleep) Nazis. I don't want to hear any social justice warrior (bleep) about not confronting these racist (bleep) with violence if necessary. They get punched in the head, they take a lead pipe over the skull, well it just plain sucks to be a Nazi. I'm not going to sugar coat that for you. Nazis are Nazis, they deserve nothing but a boot in their yellow teeth and punch in the throat. They're getting off easy. Our grandfathers hunted Nazis down and EXTERMINATED them and it's to our everlasting shame that we let this cancer regrow in our midst. (bleep) Nazis.

These people are the vile residue, the foul distillation, of every failed hateful rotten-tooth inbred ideology in history. Don't let them hide. Don't make excuses for them. Get them out in the open. Make them own it. They have jobs -- some of them. They have parents and kids and neighbors. They have churches. The Constitution gives them a right to their hate, but not a right to be free of the consequences. Publish their pictures. Publish their license plates. Get them out in the open. Pull their hoods off. They're standing out there shouting hate, flying the flag of treason, their arms upraised in the Hitler salute. Make them own it. Make them infamous. Don't let them hide.

I generally agree with everything he said except the last point. Internet mob justice is pretty dangerous. Remember when the internet published the picture of an innocent kid and said he was the Boston Bomber?

Quote:

Lol. Get out more. Not all conservative republicans are white supremacists, but the white supremacists are in your tent, and your party has been cultivating them for decades.

Actually, they were founded well before either party or even our country. And yes, for many years the southern democrats (who referred to themselves as conservative btw) were their home. And then the civil rights act. And overnight, they all became republicans, and the Republican party started to back racist ideology, and has ever since. Read up on the southern strategy. Your party has been actively and proudly supporting and cultivating racism as a central strategy, and if you dont know it, youre deliberately looking away.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here that you're an economic ideologue, although fiscal conservatism has deep racist underpinnings as well.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject:

I have heard that Republicans/Conservatives don't call it racism

It is called "Race Realist" now.. they have taken it a step further
EldenCampbell
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Whenever a Trump supporter commits a violent act like they did yesterday. 1 Trump quote always comes to mind.

Quote:
"By the way, and if she gets to pick --if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know."

His 2020 campaign released a new ad today that portrays anyone who disagrees with him as enemies - the same people who would be targets of this incitement to violence.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/896761542523457536
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject:

Are people really trying to deny that this administration and factions of the republican party aren't flat out racists? If they are then they just haven't been paying attention. Color it however you want but alt right, nationalists , neoconservative whatever. They're white supremacists. Amongst that group are two key advisors to trump his pending press secretary and the freaking head of the doj. The president is either one of them or just too stupid to know he's being controlled by them.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
SweetP wrote:

As if no one one the Left is a White American.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/896526288697077761

Trump's vision is the Nazi vision as well.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject:

TIME FOR TRUMP TO STEP DOWN

He will confront the demons who have taken over the government and helped fuel these people or he will forever be responsible for their blood and the legacy they hope to revive.

What would he do if Black Panthers rallied and preached hate and murder and genocide while Obama was president and Obama just spat out some general message that didn't identify those responsible?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Are people really trying to deny that this administration and factions of the republican party aren't flat out racists? If they are then they just haven't been paying attention. Color it however you want but alt right, nationalists , neoconservative whatever. They're white supremacists. Amongst that group are two key advisors to trump his pending press secretary and the freaking head of the doj. The president is either one of them or just too stupid to know he's being controlled by them.

If someone isnt willing to recognize the way their party has courted racist elements of the electorate and fanned racial tensions for their advantage then any benefit of the doubt that they request about their own racial attitudes goes right out the window. I'm far more willing to accept "Yeah it's wrong what they've done but I really want lower taxes" than "what's happening isn't happening."
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject:

Denial is a helluva drug.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject:

North Korea threat: Pentagon says ready to 'fight tonight,' as Trump shows bomber pics

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Quote:

About half the Republican Party bought into the lie--without a single shred of evidence--that the first African-American president was (a) not born in the United States, (b) was instead born in Africa, and (c) was thus an illegitimate interloper in the presidency. I would consider that prima facie evidence that about half the Republican Party is white supremacist.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject:

Quote:

https://archive.org/details/DontBeaS1947

Don't Be a Sucker
by U.S. War Department

Publication date 1947
Usage Public Domain
Topics Prejudice, Cold War, Racism
Digitizing sponsor U.S. War Department
Admonishes Americans that they will lose their country if they let fanaticism and hatred turn them into "suckers." "Let's forget about 'we' and 'they' -- let's think about us!" In the context of the emerging Cold War, this film appears paradoxical.

time to pass it on?

Found from here https://twitter.com/OmanReagan/status/896563796071731201

Last edited by ContagiousInspiration on Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/02/28/in-1927-donald-trumps-father-was-arrested-after-a-klan-riot-in-queens/?utm_term=.0458a1364aab

Quote:
In 1927, Donald Trump’s father was arrested after a Klan riot in Queens

Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

If someone isnt willing to recognize the way their party has courted racist elements of the electorate and fanned racial tensions for their advantage then any benefit of the doubt that they request about their own racial attitudes goes right out the window. I'm far more willing to accept "Yeah it's wrong what they've done but I really want lower taxes" than "what's happening isn't happening."

Being silent in the face of what's happening is no different than supporting it. This isn't the stone age. It wasn't the stone age the last time it happened either.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject:

Racism in America wasn't dead, it was in the closet. Trump has opened the door. IMO anyone not seeing what's happening now as the rise of racism has what I call a ostrich mentality.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject:

this thread always gives me a good laugh. seriously these identity politics are off the hook. Ive seen far more left leaning mexican and black people yelling racial slurs at each other in public places than I've ever seen white people act like nazis or yell the n word. Is this thread about policies or just demonizing the right? Like , if there were no such thing as race would the left have any ideas that go past "have the government do everything for me"?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 508, 509, 510 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 509 of 3663
Jump to: